Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

C++ or Delphi - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C++ or Delphi (4716 Views)

Is Delphi Faster Than C# / Where Can I Get A Free Delphi Compiler To Download? / C++ Or Java: Which Way To Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C++ or Delphi by pie1ect(m): 6:33am On Dec 06, 2005
Which is better, Delphi or C++ :

1. As a programming language;

2. for developing applicaions;

I've got a report to write on this topic and I'll appreciate it if fellow Nairalanders can give me their honest opinions. wink
Re: C++ or Delphi by c0dec(m): 12:53am On Dec 07, 2005
never used delphi before but i know C++ is quite popular.

1. as a programming language - i should assume delphi will be considered better since it's relatively newer than C++.

2. for developing apps - depends on the type of app. for apps that require speed (operating systems, 3d games, 3d apps), C++ is by far the best option.
for developing financial apps, delphi seems to be more known for that.
Re: C++ or Delphi by nwaigboannoying: 4:15pm On Mar 14, 2006
I will go with c++ ,
Re: C++ or Delphi by Hunter(m): 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2006
C++

It's also my understanding that delphi isn't a language its a program written by a company called Borland that you code pascal in.
Re: C++ or Delphi by skima(m): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2006
i C++. do not know about delphi.
Re: C++ or Delphi by Fdeveloper(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2006
I'm not sure it's possible to say which programming language is better because generally all language have their advantages and disadvantages. I tend to take to take the view that a particular programming language is better suited to particular tasks but that doesn't necessarily make it better than another language in all circumstances.

To summarise, I believe the choice between C++ and Delphi in this case depends on the nature of the solution that you are intending to develop.
Re: C++ or Delphi by coolmanlg: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2006
Hello,
Hope its not late, I have written codes in delphi and a bit of c++ using c++ builder and MS VC++ and from that experience, delphi is a lot better in writing traditional apps than c++. Its faster to develop with delphi and a lot of reusable functions built in. Its very flexible like php. It has the speed of C++ and the ease of old vb. Over all, its a very robust programming language. A lot of the early ideas of .Net was taken from delphi.

If you are into device driver programming, I think you should go with C++.

Just my 2kobo of coment.
Re: C++ or Delphi by lekside44(m): 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2011
delphi is a programming lang built to bring OOP to pascal as C++ was a programming Lang built to bring OOP to C lang.

(1) (Reply)

NGR, Nigeria First Made Programming Language / Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? / Macbook Pro Is Overrated.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.