Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child (4146 Views)

Ehi Ogbebor Gets Engaged, 10 Years After A Divorce & Two Kids (Photos) / Woman Strips Naked Celebrating Her Divorce With Her Husband , See Photos / My Ex-Girlfriend Aborted My Child - Nigerian Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by samguru(m): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
Good Afternoon,

I need assistance of the nairalanders especially the lawyers to guide me through the process of filing a divorce and get my child back.

We got married last june and since i got married to my wife, and since then she has been displaying madness of highest order ranging from destroying my phones, laptop, tearing of money(when i give her incomplete money to buy stuff in the house),removing her clothes(completely unclad) to curse me,looking for bottles and knife to harm me,locking me out of the bedroom and so on.

I have decided to abandon her in the house since a month ago because the way her violence is going it may degenerate to a point where she may mistakenly kill me, and the ways she has been handling the my baby is very disturbing, at times she will throw the baby away just because she wants to fight me.

Please Help me on the procedure to recover my baby because she has taken the baby to her mother who lives in a very dirty environment and bad for good child up brining.

Please help
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by RENOWNED2(m): 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
Go to the family or property section
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by DozieInc(m): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by thesicilian: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
If she wasn't doing all these before you married her, then it must be you who brought out the madness in her.
As for your request, I suggest you two live separately first for a few weeks before deciding to actually divorce. It might help you both gain some understanding.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hmmm.

Op, why not just separate from her for a longer period than to divorce.?

In the course of separation, I believe you both will realize your fualts and work on your differences.

Just separate first, if after it, you guys still feel you want divorce, then, you can start looking for lawyers.

Don't give up on that marriage yet biko.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by samguru(m): 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
I still have some some which i can disclose here, cos she is constantly on nairaland, anybody willing to help i will provide an email where i can discuss the whole issue in full.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by dingbang(m): 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
But she wasn't mad wen u were busy doing kerewa sturvs

1 Like

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2017
thesicilian:
If she wasn't doing all these before you married her, then it must be you who brought out the madness in her.
As for your request, I suggest you two live separately first for a few weeks before deciding to actually divorce. It might help you both gain some understanding.
Exactly my opinion too. I even feel they shd be separated for at least 6months, few weeks is too short to give up on that marriage.

Their marriage is not even up to one yr.

I feel what they are having is teething problem. If they can pass this stage together, then, nothing will separate them again.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by makydebbie(f): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
She's a nairalander?

Hmmm...
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by eezeribe(m): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
samguru:
Good Afternoon,

I need assistance of the nairalanders especially the lawyers to guide me through the process of filing a divorce and get my child back.

We got married last june and since i got married to my wife, and since then she has been displaying madness of highest order ranging from destroying my phones, laptop, tearing of money(when i give her incomplete money to buy stuff in the house),removing her clothes(completely unclad) to curse me,looking for bottles and knife to harm me,locking me out of the bedroom and so on.

I have decided to abandon her in the house since a month ago because the way her violence is going it may degenerate to a point where she may mistakenly kill me, and the ways she has been handling the my baby is very disturbing, at times she will throw the baby away just because she wants to fight me.

Please Help me on the procedure to recover my baby because she has taken the baby to her mother who lives in a very dirty environment and bad for good child up brining.

Please help

Your wife is paranoid... This is the time she needs you most.opting for divorce is just a reflection of the 21st century marriage... A journey of convenience and pleasure... For better for best.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
dingbang:
But she wasn't mad wen u were busy doing kerewa sturvs
Kai, cmon, you are bigger than what you are displaying here.

Nobody wishes to have problems or divorce once they are married.

If you can't offer solution, pls, don't make jest of them

4 Likes

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by dingbang(m): 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
missbronze:
Kai, cmon, you are bigger than what you are displaying here.

Nobody wishes to have problems or divorce once they are married.

If you can't offer solution, pls, don't make jest of them
solution? The only solution I can give is that her continue with his marriage... He isn't the first to get married...
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by melodies: 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
You can go to any welfare office since there's a child involved or better still get a lawyer.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
samguru:
I still have some some which i can disclose here, cos she is constantly on nairaland, anybody willing to help i will provide an email where i can discuss the whole issue in full.
cc Hardbody
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by mzzhavilah(f): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
Where do u men even get this women from?

Get a lawyer and also proof of all dis mentioned? (Domestic violence) I don't believe in divorce but from all u ve described she's a threat to her own child. Dat gives me serious concern. Anyway I believe Ders two sides of every story. undecided d story is one sided anyway,except u married a mad woman ,divorce takes a long tym hope u kn.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by ikp120(m): 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
Just leave that woman alone and quietly rent another house and live peacefully.

Don't divorce her. Don't also try to beg her.
Don't let her find out your new base o. I guess you married one of those "Warri babes" wey dey behave like craze grin grin grin grin. I fear those kinda babes more than unwanted pregnancy o. grin grin grin

Sorry bro!

1 Like

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
She is a disturbed woman. Get her to a psychiatrist. Normal people do not do that.

Don't you think your life will still be in danger after running?

1 Like

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Jadoskii(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
Women can pretend like die,she was forming g nice until u married her........crazzy b**ch....dump her arse on the curb...before 'woman kills nairalander husband' hits the frontpage

1 Like

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by kullozone(m): 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
You start seeing the other side when they feel they've put you in a "no escape zone"
Oga, you can't cope and you want to dissolve that shii (marriage) abi? Simple.... Don't let anyone talk you to going back to that abusive union.
If something bad happens to you or your baby, everybody will blame you for not opting out earlier.
Fine, you made a mistake by marrying her but you can get a second chance to live a happy life.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Escabado: 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
Divorce her immediately. The problem with most of girls is they think once they are married all there problem are solved.the man will now be there bank where they collect money at will and when you fail to give them is either they will begin to sleep with other men or they become violent and even kill or poison you.they never contribute to marry only sexxx and bear children .
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by hardbody: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
Nma27:
cc Hardbody

It's a pity about your story. Permit me to ask, what marriage did you both contract, was it just customary or did you seal it at a court's registry, or in the court where you were given a marriage certificate. The nature of the marriage will determine the approach to deploy. If it was a customary marriage, approach a customary court in the jurisdiction where you both reside and in your claim for divorce indicate the fact that your wife is not fit to keep the child and that you seek to retain the child in his or her best interest. If it's a marriage at the registry or recognized church, you will need to file a divorce proceeding, however, separation is legally allowed for you two to calm your nerves down and reassess your earlier intentions. Generally speaking, under the Matrimonial Causes Act, you cannot seek to get a divorce on a marriage that is less than 3yrs but there are extenuating circumstances under which exceptions can be granted.

Essentially you need to determine whether divorce is the best option and then involve a lawyer.

As has been said before, divorce takes a bit of time, you may need to work with the welfare to secure the upkeep of your child in the interim.

You may send me a mail for some guidance but as a matter of personal principle, i do not support or handle divorce proceedings.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by samguru(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2018
ikp120:
Just leave that woman alone and quietly rent another house and live peacefully.

Don't divorce her. Don't also try to beg her.
Don't let her find out your new base o. I guess you married one of those "Warri babes" wey dey behave like craze grin grin grin grin. I fear those kinda babes more than unwanted pregnancy o. grin grin grin

Sorry bro!

She is from Delta State urhobo to be precise
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by ednut1(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2018
samguru:

She is from Delta State urhobo to be precise
thanks God u still alive grin
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by samguru(m): 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2018
ednut1:
thanks God u still alive grin

Thanks so much my brother, I have distanced myself from her, but the last time we ran into each other on the road she wanted to stab me with broken bottle but the passers by held her and I picked race.

1 Like

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by MARKone(m): 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
A lot of these women are bipolar, and they feel everything is OK with them, that the problem is from the man. Men pass through a lot of ish in the name of marriage, just that we are not always vocal about it, it's terrible.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by ednut1(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
samguru:

Thanks so much my brother, I have distanced myself from her, but the last time we ran into each other on the road she wanted to stab me with broken bottle but the passers by held her and I picked race.
shocked
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by ImaIma1(f): 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
Men are also victims of domestic violence. Please get help and stay away before it gets worse
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
samguru:
Good Afternoon,

Please help

WHEN I DEY TELL YOU TO FOCUS ON MARRIAGE GAN, YOU CARRY PRE-WEDDING PHOTOSHOOT FOR HEAD.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
Until she kill u abi?
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by front4line: 12:30am On Oct 15, 2018
I don’t know how guys end up marrying girls that have no respect for you. There’s no way a girl that respect u while courting will suddenly turn winch, money or no money after marriage. Open your eye well before marrying slay queen especially all the yeye, worwor girls wey de form feminism for NL & instagram.

1 Like

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Ahmiee(f): 1:00am On Oct 15, 2018
this one weak me,
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by andyanders: 1:13am On Oct 15, 2018
Op, you are even running into her? Sorry for yourself. Get out a thousand miles away from her and even forget about the child for now. Your liff first.

(1) (2) (Reply)

So, How Often Should You Shave Your Armpits? / Guys! Take It Easy On Us...pics / "Not Eating P*ssy Is Really Childish" - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.