Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child (5499 Views)

U.S Mum Living In Saudi Loses Custody Of Her Daughter Because She's Too Western / How Do I Take Custody Of My Beloved Son? / Woman Cries Out After Her Rapist Fights To Take Custody Of Her Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
samguru:
lest i forget to tell all the concerned nairalanders, whenever she displays her madness at the end of it, she will start begging me to forgive her that it was the work of devil.
Possessed entity.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Yoyostic: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
I have a step sis like that.Very loving and caring and very beautiful but when her madness starts ehn...She eventually got married,between here and her hubby, I dont know who was more abusive.There were always fighting and hitting each other with objects and will both end up in the hospital.The marriage was very turbulent and lasted for five years with a son.She started another relationship but that didnt end well too as there were always fighting.She remarried again few months back and we are all seriously hoping this one last longer.She has been that way since she was a kid.and the mom saw nothing wrong with her attitude then.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Dhotseal(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
Eketem:
Go to court. Get evidence of the unsafe environment your daughter lives in, If it has made her sick it is added evidence. Don't go and forcefully take your daughter social welfare will deal with you.

Meanwhile you cannot have full custody, best case shared custody

Dude, are u in Nigeria?
Social Welfare what?
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Dhotseal(m): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bro,
From a lawyer 's perspective I want to be very candid with you.

You just painted your wife as a mentally unstable, demon possessed, irrational woman. But it is possible you have a part in the circumstances that have led to the very toxic environment u created for your child and yourself.

Well, to succeed in your quest for divorce, u must show that the marriage has broken down irretrievably such u cannot reasonably be expected to continue to live with her.

The court would expect u to present verifiable facts with dates and witnesses to Corroborate your claims.

On custody, the court is only concerned about the welfare of the child while deciding custody.

Except where there are strong evidence to suggest otherwise, a court will be reluctant to grant custody of a child below 5 years to the father since kids still need the care and affection of their mothers at that age.

However, your wife's alleged behaviour may cause the court to grant u custody if u can prove all the things u said about your wife.

Also, if you have a good paying job to provide for the child's needs.

Goodluck in your quest.

1 Like

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Eketem: 5:48am On Feb 10, 2017
Dhotseal:

Dude, are u in Nigeria?
Social Welfare what?

Yes I am in Nigeria. Be the first to go to social welfare because If she takes you there first you are in trouble
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by ambient: 7:32am On Feb 10, 2017
Plz no body should blame him I have a mad girlfriend that refuse to get treated and can hide the madness ehhh...she is about getting married...
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
Dhotseal:
Bro,
From a lawyer 's perspective I want to be very candid with you.

Hi
Please I need your professional advice.

I've been married traditionally for about 8 months now.
I have a one month old baby and I want a divorce from a customary court since I did just traditional wedding.

I wouldn't mind not going through the divorce route.
Can I get like an legal agreement for my hubby to sign as regards the welfare of my daughter without all the hassles that comes with divorce? Since it's just traditional and not white or court.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by WHOcarex: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
samguru:
lest i forget to tell all the concerned nairalanders, whenever she displays her madness at the end of it, she will start begging me to forgive her that it was the work of devil.
Then she is simply possessed. Take her to prophet T.B Joshua.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Abiagirl777(f): 9:52pm On Feb 10, 2017
nawaoo,God help usoo.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by samguru(m): 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2017
what is the way forward
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Gliding(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2017
samguru:
Good Afternoon,

I need assistance of the nairalanders especially the lawyers to guide me through the process of filing a divorce and get my child back.

We got married last june and since i got married to my wife, and since then she has been displaying madness of highest order ranging from destroying my phones, laptop, tearing of money(when i give her incomplete money to buy stuff in the house),removing her clothes(completely unclad) to curse me,looking for bottles and knife to harm me,locking me out of the bedroom and so on.

I have decided to abandon her in the house since a month ago because the way her violence is going it may degenerate to a point where she may mistakenly kill me, and the ways she has been handling the my baby is very disturbing, at times she will throw the baby away just because she wants to fight me.

Please Help me on the procedure to recover my baby because she has taken the baby to her mother who lives in a very dirty environment and bad for good child up brining.

Please help

She may be suffering from some kind of psychosis. Did she have these tendencies before she delivered? Some women develop some form of postpartum psychosis. Did she have any history of such erratic behaviour during courtship?
Get a psychiatrist to evaluate her before further actions.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by samguru(m): 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
Gliding:

She may be suffering from some kind of psychosis. Did she have these tendencies before she delivered? Some women develop some form of postpartum psychosis. Did she have any history of such erratic behaviour during courtship?
Get a psychiatrist to evaluate her before further actions.

I have witnessed some strange behaviours from her even before she conceived, but i ignored as these behaviours are most time transient.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Gliding(m): 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2017
samguru:

I have witnessed some strange behaviours from her even before she conceived, but i ignored as these behaviours are most time transient.

Perhaps you should have been more cautious. That is in the past now, though. For now, get a psychiatrist to see her. You can make informed decisions, thence
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Gliding(m): 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
samguru:

Perhaps you should have been more cautious. That is in the past now, though. For now, get a psychiatrist to see her. You can make informed decisions, thence
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by samguru(m): 2:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
Good day all,

I thank all for the advice and concern showed about my situation.

Three weeks ago, I went to see her after leaving her for like 3 months but still communication with her mother. The visitation was arranged by Dad who is over 70 years of age. My dad said we should visit the church where she worship first before going to her house,on getting to the church she was not remorseful at all, i was with some of her documents which i tried to give her.She collected the documents and tore everything to pieces in the presence of her pastor and left the church embarrassing my dad.
My dad said we should go to her house and see her mother.When we got there, she told my dad" dad respect yourself and slammed the door on him"

when the mother came back she went to bring my baby so that we could play with him.

Once again what should I do, cos has insulted everybody in my family- my mother , sister, brothers,my uncle even my friend that tries to mediate.

Am very perplex as she is making the process of divorce very difficult.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Ganjafama(m): 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
@samguru For the sake of your innocent child, try one more shot at salvaging the marriage. Take her out to a cool romantic place and show her more love. If you have some spare cash buy her a gift. Also, try to avoid any form of confrontation. If this fails, dump her and move on with your life.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by frostylook: 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
Your wife is obviously suffering from Bipolar disorder. Don't wait for her cooperation before you make arrangements and bundle her to a psychologist. Bipolar patients only get worse. She should be placed on medication ASAP because she's a danger to everyone around her and herself.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by poshestmina(f): 1:15am On Mar 23, 2017
Most cases we see,hear or read of people killing their spouse ,hope you know most of them were not planned/intentional ? I'm against any form of domestic violence .don't keep holding on until she 'mistakely' kills you or the child .it's obvious she has mental issues.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by sisisioge: 7:15am On Mar 23, 2017
Wow! Dude, pls maintain the distance still lest things escalate into mayhem. She seems quite unsafe to be with . it is well.
Re: I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 23, 2017
you are what you attract....so you too must have some mental trait grin
samguru:
Good Afternoon,

I need assistance of the nairalanders especially the lawyers to guide me through the process of filing a divorce and get my child back.

We got married last june and since i got married to my wife, and since then she has been displaying madness of highest order ranging from destroying my phones, laptop, tearing of money(when i give her incomplete money to buy stuff in the house),removing her clothes(completely unclad) to curse me,looking for bottles and knife to harm me,locking me out of the bedroom and so on.

I have decided to abandon her in the house since a month ago because the way her violence is going it may degenerate to a point where she may mistakenly kill me, and the ways she has been handling the my baby is very disturbing, at times she will throw the baby away just because she wants to fight me.

Please Help me on the procedure to recover my baby because she has taken the baby to her mother who lives in a very dirty environment and bad for good child up brining.

Please help

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women / Natural Delivery Or Cs? / Her Wife Sent Sms To His Mother Calling A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.