Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,517 members, 7,801,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 (6721 Views)

Visit This Blog If You Can Give It A New Look / Urgently In Need Of Buying A BLOG - If You Want To Sell Ur Blog - Get Across / I Want To Buy A Forum Or Blog, If You Have Enter For Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
If you love writing or you want to learn and improve on how to write, starting a blog is one of the best things you can do to help yourself. Outlined below are 5 reasons to start a blog if you are hoping to learn how to write, love writing or you want to improve on your writing.

Avenue to Scribble out Your Thoughts
: Blogging sometimes is an avenue to scribble out your thoughts. Some people open a personal blog in their names and start writing about their views on various topics at a particular period of time. You will agree with me, without this only few people would certainly sit down to hear you speak out all the thoughts in your head to them.

Blogging Improves Your writing: I started blogging almost a year ago, the way I write last year or few months ago is not certainly the way I write now. I’ve made a lot improvements, practice makes perfect. Constant practice of anything only makes one better at it. If you a guy and you are the shy type who is too afraid to speak with the opposite sex, looking for ladies to speak with constantly would improve your confidence, same applies with writing and blogging. This is one of the reasons to start a blog.

A Chance to Have Your Own Audience: If you are truly passionate about writing, starting a blog and dropping interesting updates constantly gives you a chance to have your own audience. Audience are a particular set or group of people ready to read or listen to you at any period of time.

Monetary gains: Some people blog full-time these days, they know what they earn from it. There’s no limit to the figures you could earn as a blogger, as long as you keep working hard and passionate about what you are doing you will get there. There are certainly a lot of blogs in Nigeria, most people nowadays open blogs because they see others earning from it, they are not passionate about writing so they eventually fail. There are many ways to earn from blogging – ads, sponsored contents, etc.

You Become an Authority: When you’ve blogged to a certain level you become an authority, people believe what you’ve written even if parts of it are lies. People come to your blog to seek advice or information and they will do whatever you tell them to do. This in itself gives satisfaction.

I hope I’ve been able to convince you with this 5 reasons to start a blog. If you’ve benefited from this, feel free to share with your friends on social media.

Source: http://howtotechnaija.com/5-reasons-to-start-blog-passionate-writing/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by Christensen: 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2017
Well written... nice article

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by jtolu480: 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
Please how can I start a blog? help me out
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by 100DollarBill: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
jtolu480:
Please how can I start a blog? help me out
There are free platforms like blogspots and WordPress... just go through Google.
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by efepro(m): 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nice, but not as easy as you think. A Blog without the necessary intellectual and financial wherewithal to carry it out will be a mere hallucination.

Many bloggers come here to post, "Reasons why you should start a blog", "reasons why bloggers are failing" etc...Nobody has really come out to identify the real challenges and what it takes to run a blog successfully.

MONEY
Some bloggers say you don't need huge capital to start a blog, my brother don't be deceived. without money, you are going nowhere. For you to grow fast and beat your competitors, you need money for traffic, especially if your blog is monetized. You need massive traffic, cos CPC/CTR is not favourable for new bloggers especially bloggers in 3rd world countries like Naija. You also need money for Data. If you are the type that usually purchase 1 -3GB monthly for browsing, be ready for 5 - 10GB. Another thing is a power supply. If you are living in an area with an irregular supply of electricity, be ready to buy fuel for generator 2 - 4 times a week.

TIME
Time is dependent on a niche. If your blog is one niche like Health, Marriage, Relationship, Travel, posting every day is not compulsary. You can make 1 - 2 post per week. But if you are running a multi-category blog like News, entertainment, sports, my brother be ready to spend 24hrs online.

MULTIMEDIA
You need Multimedia knowledge in Photo, Audio, and Video editing.

CODING
You need basic knowledge in HTML/PHP

SEO
This is key to successful blogging. One thing is to write a content, another is to write an SEO content. SEO refers to search engine optimization, or the process of optimising a website so that people can easily find it through search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo,Yandex etc. An SEO content must have a focus key (Longtail or word) in its META DESCRIPTION, SLUG, POST TITLE, 1ST PARAGRAPH OF YOUR POST. Must contain More than 300 words. Must have a good readability, inbound or outbound link. Another important aspect of SEO is Search engine console or webmaster tool.

Search Engine Console
This an important part of SEO. Apart from submitting your blog/site to search engines, it's also very important to generate your 'siteMap' and submit to search engines webmaster like Google, Bing etc. NOTE: whenever you edit a post after few hours or days of publishing, or you make changes to your site, you need to re-submit your generated sitemap(s) to search Engines webmaster for indexing.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
efepro:
Nice, but not as easy as you think. A Blog without the necessary intellectual and financial wherewithal to carry it out will be a mere hallucination.

Many bloggers come here to post, "Reasons why you should start a blog", "reasons why bloggers are failing" etc...Nobody has really come out to identify the real challenges and what it takes to run a blog successfully.

MONEY
Some bloggers say you don't need huge capital to start a blog, my brother don't be deceived. without money, you are going nowhere. For you to grow fast and beat your competitors, you need money for traffic, especially if your blog is monetized. You need massive traffic, cos CPC/CTR is not favourable for new bloggers especially bloggers in 3rd world countries like Naija. You also need money for Data. If you are the type that usually purchase 1 -3GB monthly for browsing, be ready for 5 - 10GB. Another thing is a power supply. If you are living in an area with an irregular supply of electricity, be ready to buy fuel for generator 2 - 4 times a week.

TIME
Time is dependent on a niche. If your blog is one niche like Health, Marriage, Relationship, Travel, posting every day is not compulsary. You can make 1 - 2 post per week. But if you are running a multi-category blog like News, entertainment, sports, my brother be ready to spend 24hrs online.

MULTIMEDIA

CODING

SEO
This is key to successful blogging. One thing is to write a content, another is to write an SEO content. SEO refers to search engine optimization, or the process of optimising a website so that people can easily find it through search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo,Yandex etc. An SEO content must have a focus key (Longtail or word) in its META DESCRIPTION, SLUG, POST TITLE, 1ST PARAGRAPH OF YOUR POST. Must contain More than 300 words. Must have a good readability, inbound or outbound link. Another important aspect of SEO is Search engine console or webmaster tool.

Search Engine Console
This an important part of SEO. Apart from submitting your blog/site to search engines, it's also very important to generate your 'siteMap' and submit to search engines webmaster like Google, Bing etc. NOTE: whenever you edit a post after few hours or days of publishing, or you make changes to your site, you need to re-submit your generated sitemap(s) to search Engines webmaster for indexing.

You are very right honestly... but the original post is just stating reasons to start a blog if one is truly passionate about writing. All the things you've posted comes after one has made the decision to start a blog.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by efepro(m): 1:41am On Jan 22, 2017
Skateboard:

You are very right honestly... but the original post is just stating reasons to start a blog if one is truly passionate about writing. All the things you've posted comes after one has made the decision to start a blog.

Cheers

Yes, bro...there are many challenges....i no fit write all.....I know what i face to keep my blog www.gistsstack.com alive everyday
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by WebSurfer(m): 6:55am On Jan 22, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by project55: 6:57am On Jan 22, 2017
Just put in your blog that buhari is dead and see people flood your blog. ...and money keeps coming in.. ..so finally oooo buhari Don die.. ..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by oforij(m): 6:59am On Jan 22, 2017
I've seen lots of topic concerning blogging, created one but don't know how to design it need help.
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by Drinokrane: 7:01am On Jan 22, 2017
efepro:

Yes, bro...there are many challenges....i no fit write all.....I know what i face to keep my blog www.gistsstack.com alive everyday
Please i need a blog..Please drop ur WhatsApp no lemme mssq u
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by Harmoneasy: 7:02am On Jan 22, 2017
efepro:

MONEY

TIME

MULTIMEDIA

CODING

SEO

Search Engine Console
thank you very much.
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by facealone05(m): 7:04am On Jan 22, 2017
Pls how can I start to blog and I need to improve my writing skills
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by talk2hb1(m): 7:11am On Jan 22, 2017
Noted, I will put it under special consideration
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by GoodyOG: 7:22am On Jan 22, 2017
oforij:
I've seen lots of topic concerning blogging, created one but don't know how to design it need help.

hello, i can help you desugn it or better teach you to do it yourself..... checkout my blog in my signature.....whatsapp me if you are intrested
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by wizkidblogger(f): 7:29am On Jan 22, 2017
Oh k
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by odimbannamdi(m): 7:31am On Jan 22, 2017
efepro:

MONEY

TIME

MULTIMEDIA

CODING

SEO

Search Engine Console

My challenge in blogging is SEO. Please, do u mind putting me through or recommending straight-forwatd materials I can read and get the desired info?
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by kclee(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by flimzy24: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2017
Visit www.politicalng.com.ng for your latest political news and articles
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by leksmedia: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2017
There are lots of opportunities attached to having a blog. Contact www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by benzics(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2017
efepro:

CODING

SEO

Search Engine Console

Truly, a blogger doesn't need the above, all you need is a professional to handle this, unless you don't want to spend money hiring a pro.. .

If you need a blog, website, you can contact the right man for the job.. Facebook: benzicswill
cool
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by projectking68(m): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2017
project55:
Just put in your blog that buhari is dead and see people flood your blog. ...and money keeps coming in.. ..so finally oooo buhari Don die.. ..
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by Aywire(m): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2017
Need a blog? We design websites at an affordable rate. Whatsapp or Call 08142174878

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by 2scorehigh(m): 8:39am On Jan 22, 2017
Skateboard:

Cheers

I like this your reply to him.

The thing is that people will always be looking for excuse not to get started or do something useful with their time.

I'm sure that when Linda started, she knew little or nothing about stuff like HTML or coding or SEO but yet that didn't deter her.

Nobody knows everything.

Anyone who is serious about blogging can always learn any of those things while on the job.

That said, it is still of very great importance to mention that people should at least blog if they have passion for blogging and not necessarily because they are looking for money.

The enthusiasm is the only thing that can keep the passion for blogging going even when the money is not coming in.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by Pablo212: 8:47am On Jan 22, 2017
bloggers aint writters
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by RiversWatchDog(m): 8:57am On Jan 22, 2017
x
efepro:

i saw ur blog, it's nice mine is located at thearticleng..com
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by RiversWatchDog(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2017
Pablo212:
bloggers aint writters
some are, especially those running on blogging niche, like dis one www.slashnec.tk
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by sunkanmi105: 9:48am On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=efepro post=53005303]Nice, but not as easy as you think. A Blog without the necessary intellectual and financial wherewithal to carry it out will be a mere hallucination.

MONEY

TIME

MULTIMEDIA

CODING

SEO

how can someone start blogging?
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by jose556(m): 10:35am On Jan 22, 2017
oforij:
I can help you design one at affordable price
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by IDEALCASH(m): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2017
OP you can create your blog all by yourself following the steps here> www.piousreview.com
Re: 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
2017 is sure to witness great number of bloggers. Love the way blogging is slowly becoming an internet lingua franca in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Translate A Scanned Jpeg Document Into English: Urgent Help Pls! / Full Tutorial On How To Avoid Facebook Account Ban On Newly Created Facebook Act / When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.