Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users (4970 Views)

Truecaller Reports 500 Million Downloads & 150 Million Daily Active Users / Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users / Instagram Hits Another Milestone - 600 Million Active Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Behankey(m): 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
Boom player, a music streaming platform has hit 1 million becoming the biggest platform in Africa

The service is funded by Tecno mobile which is one of the biggest manufacturers of mobile phones and tablets.

Africa’s fastest growing music download and streaming platform, Boom Player, which launched on Google Play Store in April 2016 has reached over 1 million installs.

This development rightly places Boom Player as the leader of the pack while giving a wide gap to its competing platforms across Africa.

Boom Player boasts of 400k+ Daily Active Users i.e music lovers who actively stream or download songs and videos of their favourite artists.

"It’s very easy for music lovers to fall in love with the Boom Player app because it gives them what they want. From timely updates of latest releases in both audio and video formats, to lyrics and so many other amazing and interactive features available on the app, it is not a surprise that we have reached this milestone in such a short time, we only just put Boom Player in the Google Play Store 9 months ago," says Oye Akideinde, General Manager of the Mobile Apps Department, TECNO Mobile. ‘A new version of Boom Player app, which will blow our users mind, is also set to be released by March, 2017.Our target is to reach 1M Daily Active Users by December, 2017," he added.

Boom Player has become a must-have app for every music lover and a service that every artist needs to latch on to in order to connect with their fans while making revenue for their music sales.

If you’re yet to get on the coolest music streaming and download train in Africa, get the Boom Player app now on Google Play store and I'm sure you'll love it.

1 Like

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by shiftback: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
I've heard so much about this boomplayer. let me download and see sef.

1 Like

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Abdstrakt(m): 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
My favourite music player. Really feature packed.
You can download new releases right from within the app, watch videos, listen to radio, see top charts and my favorite feature, lyrics.

2 Likes

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Abdstrakt(m): 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
shiftback:
I've heard so much about this boomplayer. let me download and see sef.
you will total enjoy it. just go ahead and download.

2 Likes

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by scarycuteface(m): 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2017
I've had to download it even as I have other music players on my phone. It's nice and I like the music streaming feature of the app.
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by googlepikins: 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
After reading the reviews on Google play store, I didn't bother to waste my MB downloading it. People are complaining about the app hanging, force closing, not able to add playlist. And over there you were apologizing to everyone there. Abdstrakt

2 Likes

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Abdstrakt(m): 11:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
googlepikins:
After reading the reviews on Google play store, I didn't bother to waste my MB downloading it. People are complaining about the app hanging, force closing, not able to add playlist. And over there you were apologizing to everyone there. Abdstrakt

If you read reviews of apps on the playstore you will never download any app.
And I was apologizing to everyone there? I am not the developer of the app so why would I even do that?

2 Likes

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Freelancerx: 10:33am On Jan 22, 2017
googlepikins:
Reviews And the app still has over 1million downloads. Here's what I think about reviews. People just say what they want, and if you follow reviews I'm sure we won't download any app. Been using mine and I've had no issues with the app.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Henrybright(m): 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
googlepikins:
my boom play has never hanged, I have not experienced any of the issues u listed der

1 Like

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
My hubby introduced it to me and I must confess that the app is great. I love the daily coins draw.
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
googlepikins:

Hang? Force closed?! I have never experienced it before. Maybe their phones are a lower version for the app

1 Like

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
The love for this app cannot be over emphasized. The number of downloads in just 8months of existence is a big testament. I hear a new improvement is cominf by the way?
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by ritababe(f): 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
the app is cool.
#teamtecno
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
ritababe:
the app is cool.
#teamtecno
I love the way that disc role when playing my music smiley
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by ritababe(f): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
tobijoshua:
I love the way that disc role when playing my music smiley

how does it make you feel?
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
ritababe:

how does it make you feel?
grin good... You?

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by zealed64: 12:01am On Jan 23, 2017
WHO IS BOOM PLAYER??

WHEN "MUSIXMATCH" IS THE BEST PLAYER TO EVER !!! I DOUBT MOST OF YOU ABOVE HAVE EVER USED IT... I USE A TECNO PRODUCT BUT MY MUSIC PLAYER CANT BE BOOMPLAYER. WHEN MUSIXMATCH IS AVAILABLE...TRY IT OUT GUYS, YOU WILL DUMP BOOM PLAYER....THUMBS UP TO TECNO FOR HITTING 1M DOWNLOADS OF THEIR APP ANYWAY.

1 Like

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 23, 2017
scarycuteface:
I've had to download it even as I have other music players on my phone. It's nice and I like the music streaming feature of the app.
That's one of the feature I love in it.
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 23, 2017
googlepikins:

You are right but since I have updated to the new version the experience has been smooth so far.
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 23, 2017
funmyade:
My hubby introduced it to me and I must confess that the app is great. I love the daily coins draw.

cheesy
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 23, 2017
funmyade:

Hang? Force closed?! I have never experienced it before. Maybe their phones are a lower version for the app

Phones using the low ram like 500mb/1gb or when your ram is almost full, you might then experience that. I think the better the phone, the better the experience.
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 23, 2017
Iamdemola:
The love for this app cannot be over emphasized. The number of downloads in just 8months of existence is a big testament. I hear a new improvement is coming by the way?
Anticipating
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 23, 2017
zealed64:
WHO IS BOOM PLAYER??

WHEN "MUSIXMATCH" IS THE BEST PLAYER TO EVER !!! I DOUBT MOST OF YOU ABOVE HAVE EVER USED IT... I USE A TECNO PRODUCT BUT MY MUSIC PLAYER CANT BE BOOMPLAYER. WHEN MUSIXMATCH IS AVAILABLE...TRY IT OUT GUYS, YOU WILL DUMP BOOM PLAYER....THUMBS UP TO TECNO FOR HITTING 1M DOWNLOADS OF THEIR APP ANYWAY.

Musixmatch is definitely the best music player I have ever used. Is it the lyrics it display? Is it the UI? Is the auto edit to fill in music detail and cover? I can go on and on. It's disrespectful trying to put Musixmatch and Boomplayer side by side.

Boomplayer too is kinda good but a lot need to be done on that app, for me it's like the app is still on it beta form. I love their streaming service though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by ritababe(f): 7:02am On Jan 23, 2017
tobijoshua:
grin good... You?
lol I refer vlc joor
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 23, 2017
ritababe:

lol I prefer vlc joor
VLC is only good for videos to play HD movies... Have you tried Musixmatch?
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by ritababe(f): 7:39am On Jan 23, 2017
tobijoshua:

VLC is only good for videos to play HD movies... Have you tried Musixmatch?

Vlc is louder when playing music, I use my player for videos because of subtitle.
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 23, 2017
ritababe:

Vlc is louder when playing music, I use my player for videos because of subtitle.
I noticed my Vlc don't show subtitles, is it the same thing over there or something in my settings ain't right?
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by ritababe(f): 7:52am On Jan 23, 2017
tobijoshua:
I noticed my Vlc don't show subtitles, is it the same thing over there or something in my settings ain't right?

same thing here that's why I use mx player.
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 23, 2017
ritababe:

same thing here that's why I use mx player.

Same here MX player is dope, there is practically no type of video format you throw at it that it can't play. Are you using the free or pro version?
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by ritababe(f): 8:03am On Jan 23, 2017
tobijoshua:

Same here MX player is dope, there is practically no type of video format you throw at it that it can't play. Are you using the free or pro version?

I don't even know there is a pro version.
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2017
ritababe:

I don't even know there is a pro version.
There is, that one does not show ads (adverts) when you turn on your data, I'm using the free version too.
Re: Boom Player Passes 1M+ Installs, 400k+ Daily Active Users by zealed64: 8:43am On Jan 23, 2017
Thank you, someone with a honest review. Musixmatch is the perfect music player!

tobijoshua:

Musixmatch is definitely the best music player I have ever used. Is it the lyrics it display? Is it the UI? Is the auto edit to fill in music detail and cover? I can go on and on. It's disrespectful trying to put Musixmatch and Boomplayer side by side.

Boomplayer too is kinda good but a lot need to be done on that app, for me it's like the app is still on it beta form. I love their streaming service though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Got Ruined By Buying A Gionee Phone That Don't Have 3G (F103 Pro) / Gionee Is Back With Introduction Of A New Phone P10m / Glo Unveils 7GB Data Plan For N1500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.