Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" (47107 Views)

Gambia Sells Yahya Jammeh's Cars, Planes To Pay Off Debt / "Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Photo Of Yahya Jammeh As A Young Soldier (2) (3) (4)

Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by CeoNewshelm(m): 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
Ousted President of Gambia, Yahya Jammeh has spoken for the first time since he was forced to vacate office.

In a speech broadcast on state TV, Jammeh said, “My decision to step down wasn’t dictated by anything but in the interest of the people of Gambia. All this while, as a Muslim and a patriot, I believe it is not necessary that a single drop of blood be shed.

“I have decided today in good conscience to relinquish the mantle of leadership of this great nation with infinite gratitude to all Gambians. I promise before Allah and the entire nation that all the issues we currently face will be resolved peacefully.

“My decision today was not dictated by anything else but the supreme interest of you, the Gambian people and our dear country. I’m proud and honoured to have served our country, the Gambia.”

Ending his speech, he thanked his mother, wife and children for all their prayers and support throughout the 22 years he ruled the country.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/i-stepped-down-because-i-love-gambia.html

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by TeleboiZ005(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
Feeling like crying embarassed embarassed

So touchingembarassed

Tah!!! Mechie ozu onugi dia!!!

22 yrs was love ba

Can u c me

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by loiusdthird(m): 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
dis man no get respect for constituted authority if not e 4 don cum down since

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Sunnymatey(m): 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
Ur speech is no longer necessary, jst pack ur bags and go.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by darkenkach(m): 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
Coward. Why didn't yiy rig the election in the first p place?

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by CR77(f): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Cry for waiting
TeleboiZ005:

So touchingembarassed

22 yrs was love ba

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by EnEnPeecee: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
correct

Help us advise Buhari to do thesame after 2019 elections because Nigerians will rather vote a stone than Buhari

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by hectorswag(m): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
You for still stay

Coward grin

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by angeltolly(f): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Love indeed Ewu sad why not stay? Yeye man

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by MrChris1(m): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
To think he ruled for 22 years...

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Proffdada: 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Stemkay: 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
Who's yahya jammeh pls?

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2017

Lies from the pit toilets...

23 Likes

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by modelsms(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
excuse cos he had no option otherwise he wouldn't have

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Tonyreal49(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
buhari what are u waiting for

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by alexiej(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Mtcheew.... Disgrace!

Instead of burying his head smwhere... Pls can somone help me remind Ajimobi of Oyo State too that he wouldn't be governor forever?

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by seunny4lif(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2017

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by modelsms(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
TeleboiZ005:

So touchingembarassed

22 yrs was love ba

lol at that igbo

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Mouthgag: 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by ilynem(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hahahahahah cheesy
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by martyns303(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
What a m.oron

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by IVORY2009(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
yeye fowl wen dey lay egg for dust bin, common pack ur bag and go, alele....
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Lordsocrates: 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
I dnt blame him

You love Gambia n You didn't leave after they said they dnt want u again ? tot it is said that if you love something you have to let it go..

You love Gambia and After the begged you firs tym, Second tym, 3rd tym you didn't agree... you planned on stayin to force Gambia to love you.

but when You Saw the Nigerian NNS Unity on your waters, The Senagalese troops in your bay, the Nigerian Air force touching down, The UN declaring you persona non grata, and the Gambian Army abandoning You... You now remembered that there is a word called love ? Infact you are very very .........

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by signature2012(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
After 22 years. embarassed

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by willian10: 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
The fear of GUN is the beginning of wisdom, maybe Jonathan & Obama wey stepdown be muslim grin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] The fear of the Nigerian Army is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by CR77(f): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
correct

Help us advise Buhari to do thesame after 2019 elections because Nigerians will rather vote a stone than Buhari

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by sarrki(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
You lost the opportunity to shine

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by thorpido(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
You could feel the heat coming!

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by donfemo(m): 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
Power really intoxicates that's why Jammeh did not want to step down, and that's why Buhari was interested in becoming president. He fought for 16 years to become president, even when he did not have a plan for Nigeria. All he wanted was power.

It's Hitting Hard: Senior Niger Politicians Beg Tinubu To Lift Sanctions / Roman Abramovich Suffered Suspected Poisoning At Russia-Ukraine Peace Talk / Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease