Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:30 PM

Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (37855 Views)

2019: Non Yoruba Indigenes In Southwest APC Caution Against Muslim-muslim Ticket / Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by stinechykee: 5:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
....when they do that tell me
You see why i said you don't listen to world news instead you were busy ready all this Ibadan junk newspaper or waste most if your time here on Nairaland gossiping and posting thrash.Taiwan President called Trump and China was furious about it and told Trump not meddling into their conderation affairs ect.Let me stop here from now
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by stinechykee: 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
dokyOloye:

Restrict Urself to what U know.
They are Ebonyi indigenes.
There's a school of Arabic studies wc they say is d 1st in Nigeria there too,wc has been there since d 1950s.
I'm from Ebonyi,so I'm sure of what I'm saying.Had many of them as classmates in d university.
Afonjas like you,if you people want to play prop and a you claim Igbo.Keep on deceiving yourself that there is Ebonyian who is a Muslim
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by stinechykee: 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
cstr55:

America is first. It means american intests comes first.
Isreal is critical to america's interests. A balknaized Nigeria may be in america's interests.
Get the facts right. America first, does not mean he is no longer a world player.
Trump supports the creation of independent taiwan and hongkong because it is in america's interests for china to balkanize and for the pentagon to have a military foothold very close to chinese territory .
Don't mind those fools that reason through their anus.They forgot how CIA predicted that Nigeria will disintegrated in 2015 and they think CIA prediction has passed or over
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by stinechykee: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
I don't know why some people here keep on saying that Trump dont have right or say in Nigeria internal affairs or sovernity wen the hand writing is written all of the wall that this country Nigeria have been divided and shared.Some of you that still dream in a fool world have soon forgotten CIA prediction that Nigeria will disintegrated in 2015 and just because 2015 has come and gone doesn't mean that the prediction of CIA concerning Nigeria disintegration have gone with it.Havent you dimented brain in this forum ask this question why suddenly the Biafra struggle resurrected and champion by IPOB and there is no part of the world you will not see the presence of IPOB and again why did IPOB so much have trust and believe that Trump or even Putin back them
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by AntiNigerian: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
blackpanda:
I think these biafran ipob members have serious mental issues. From nnamdi kanu dressing like a halloween jew to jobless ipob youth brandishing Trump photos as if he gives a flying f**k about your silly asses. Morons! You better wake up and make the best for your life.
How come none of ojukwu's kids or family is leadibg this biafra protest None of your elite or their family members support your noisemaking rather they are busy in abuja lavishing ghana must go bags. Smh
go back to China where you came from!
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by stinechykee: 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
davidif:

Dude, Nigeria and Sudan are two different situations. Sudan was in the middle of a genocide at the time and the U.N helped broker the negotiations.

As far as I am concerned, nothing like that is going on in Nigeria so I doubt if the UN would want to get involved in what's going on in Nigeria
And how can you see that same genocide against Igbo going on wen Nigeria Army will open live amuntion on an innocent protesters and you didn't see it as a genocide because you hate and detasted Igbos.Don't worry it will di una Vam for eye wen UN conduct referendum in Biafra land and keep on waiting till full fledge genocide on Igbo break out fore you know that it has already started you wicked thing
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by AntiNigerian: 5:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
duni04:
The reason why successionist groups like IPOD, OPC, MASSOP, IYC and ACF will always exist is because greedy, selfish and evil people will always need them to push their ethnic and tribal agenda.
The vast generality of Nigerians have accepted that we are one. We've had uncountable tribal marriages since 1960. Nigerians have accepted to be Nigerians! But because some people won't get contracts if they're not Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, or because they won't get appointed or employed if they're not given certain jobs, they start whipping up imaginary tribal sentiments
The biggest enemy of Nigerians today is Federal character and zoning. These are instruments that we erroneously thought would cater to disadvantaged people. But its destroying Nigeria gradually.
The idea that the Igbo's are being marginalised because no igbo man is amongst the service chiefs is what keeps groups like IPOD nd MASSOB alive. Nobody wants to ask if there's any qualified Igbo man man we can pick on merit. They want us to go to the streets of Awka and pick anyone to be a service chief.
The earlier we got rid of federal character and zoning, the better for us. Let everyone work their ass off and get to the tip on merit. If a Hausa man has been getting a top position for years because he's from Kano, if anyone cones and tries to take that position from him, he'll just scream federal character and run to his tribal rep, ACF.
The only way we can kill these groups is by giving everybody what they deserve based on merit and merit only. When a Hausa man in Kano knows that he won't get into the ministry of finance without federal character, he will work his ass off and go to the best schools in the world to earn his qualification. If he knows that he will always get a jib at the ministry because he's Hausa, and his son will get admitted to QC or KC even if he scores 0 in common entrance, he will do everything possible to keep that system. Infact if anyone tries to tamper with that system, he will just scream tribalism. That's how messed up our situation is. Same applies to the other tribes.
bia nwoke you need brain replacement!
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by davidif: 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
discusant:

The constitution of Nigeria you refer to is part of the reasons why secessionist Biafra wants to leave Nigeria.

The constitution was made by northern Nigeria through its soldiers who supervised its drafting.

The constitution was drafted to legitimize the fraudulent 36 states and Abuja political structure created by northern Nigeria through its soldiers.

It legitimizes twenty New states and hundreds of local government councils in once one region north, but a meagre seventeen states and few local government councils in the once two regions south.

Through this political structure, even a goat from the north MUST win a presidential election against any most qualified candidate from the south.
Southern political class therefore remain "siddon de look up to the north" due to the present political structure.

One way or another, Biafra must go from Nigeria.

Let me tell you the story about another African nation and former British colony named Sudan. You see, those in the Southern part of the country had been clamoring for separation for years because of the injustices against them and the domination from the North.

The thinking was that the solution to what was going on in Sudan was for the Southerners to be allowed to leave and form there own new country which they did. It was called South Sudan.

Now fast forward to present day and the newly formed country is in the midst of a brutal civil war. It turns out that they turned on each other along tribal lines and just like when they were still in Sudan they have turned to genocide.

This begs the question, why is it that Africans can't solve there problems amicably without resorting to violence? Why do they let their leaders divide them along ethnic lines? Why are a lot of Africans so ruled by their emotions (especially anger) and are so quick to turn on each other over every single slight? Why do the people easily turn to outbursts of anger and violence when things don't go there way? Why can't they put the past behind them instead of always bringing it up and using it to fuel more conflict? why do they like making decisions based on emotions instead of logic or reason?

And most importantly, why can't they learn to accept there differences and learn to live side by side with each other? We are in the 21st century for goodness sakes and we are still fighting each other? Are the racists right that the only thing we are good at his violence and disease after all that's what they see when they watch stuff about Africa. It seems that everyone is going forward except for us?
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by davidif: 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
abouzaid:
grant us a referendum and let us work out our destiny.

Let me tell you the story about another African nation and former British colony named Sudan. You see, those in the Southern part of the country had been clamoring for separation for years because of the injustices against them and the domination from the North.

The thinking was that the solution to what was going on in Sudan was for the Southerners to be allowed to leave and form there own new country which they did. It was called South Sudan.

Now fast forward to present day and the newly formed country is in the midst of a brutal civil war. It turns out that they turned on each other along tribal lines and just like when they were still in Sudan they have turned to genocide.

This begs the question, why is it that Africans can't solve there problems amicably without resorting to violence? Why do they let their leaders divide them along ethnic lines? Why are a lot of Africans so ruled by their emotions (especially anger) and are so quick to turn on each other over every single slight? Why do the people easily turn to outbursts of anger and violence when things don't go there way? Why can't they put the past behind them instead of always bringing it up and using it to fuel more conflict? why do they like making decisions based on emotions instead of logic or reason?

And most importantly, why can't they learn to accept there differences and learn to live side by side with each other? We are in the 21st century for goodness sakes and we are still fighting each other? Are the racists right that the only thing we are good at his violence and disease after all that's what they see when they watch stuff about Africa. It seems that everyone is going forward except for us?
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by AntiNigerian: 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
Coolgent:
Ojukwu died together with Beerfraud grin
Lord Lugard died together with LIEGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by davidif: 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
stinechykee:
Who need Nigeria constitution before there will be referendum.Did Sudan have constitution for referendum before the world and UN forced them to conduct referendum on Southern Sudan? So guy wen UN or World remembe Nigeria it will be them like Sudan

You keep talking about Sudan so let me tell you the story about the country. For years, those in the Southern part of the country had been clamoring for separation because of the injustices against them and the domination from the North.

This begs the question, why is it that Africans can't solve there problems amicably without resorting to violence? Why do they let their leaders divide them along ethnic lines? Why are a lot of Africans so ruled by their emotions (especially anger) and so quick to turn on each other over every single slight? Why do the people easily turn to outbursts of anger and violence when things don't go there way? Why do they look at people who are not willing to solve their problems with violence as weak or cowards? Why can't they put the past behind them instead of always bringing it up and using it to fuel more conflict? why do they like making decisions based on emotions instead of logic or reason?

One of the most important lessons I learnt on leadership is that leaders should not make decisions when they are emotional. They should take some time to calm down, cool off and make a decision based in reason and not out of anger. A good leader should be calm and level headed. You would think that some Africans would have learnt this but instead they keep making the same emotionally fueled decisions and following leaders who make decisions our of bitterness and revenge instead of logic and strategy.

Finally, why can't we learn to accept there differences and learn to live side by side with each other? We are in the 21st century for goodness sakes and we are still fighting each other. Are the racists right that the only thing we are good at his violence and disease after all that's what they see when they watch stuff about Africa. It seems that everyone is going forward except for us?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by CoolVoice(m): 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
stinechykee:
You people have not seen anything.Child that em Mama no go sleep make dat child come sleep make we see.You Afonjas think you are smart or sophisticated but we Igbos will tell you coward tribe that by the time we are done with your zoo Nigeria before we leave Nigeria will sink

You're in Nigeria and call it a zoo... What does that make you? A Monkey!

All I can do is to shake my head for you..
Did you even know that after the civil war some Igbo were sold for N10 with receipt? You father lied to you about the true picture of the past incident. Incase he didn't witness it, tell to ask his father..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by stinechykee: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
davidif:

And what makes you think that people in the South-South would want to join Biafra? They own all the oil so they have leverage. So why would they turn that down to go become minorities in another country?
Hahahaha which all the oil South South own boy? I wonder wat some of you boys are doing in this forum meant for we elders.Keep on talking about our oil instead of you to go out there and hustle for money and be useful to yourself because the last time I check Igbos don't even need oil to survive but most of you guys from South South have useless yourself and become lazy because of oil.Let me refresh your memory Anambra state have enough oil reservoir and need I remaind you that the so called oil well from Rivers you South Sputh are using to boast or console yourselves was own by Abia and Abia state have warn the ownership of the oil and it has ceeded to them
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by stinechykee: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
davidif:

And what makes you think that people in the South-South would want to join Biafra? They own all the oil so they have leverage. So why would they turn that down to go become minorities in another country?
Hahahaha which all the oil South South own boy? I wonder wat some of you boys are doing in this forum meant for we elders.Keep on talking about our oil instead of you to go out there and hustle for money and be useful to yourself because the last time I check Igbos don't even need oil to survive but most of you guys from South South have useless yourself and become lazy because of oil.Let me refresh your memory Anambra state have enough oil reservoir and need I remaind you that the so called oil well from Rivers you South Sputh are using to boast or console yourselves was own by Abia and Abia state have warn the ownership of the oil and it has ceded to them
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by AntiNigerian: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
Irishrena1:
Did they say Port Harcourt is South east? These people are incorrigible. They are so greedy. They just want to add port Harcourt to their Biafra by all means. That's why they didn't stage the rally in any of the southeastern states. What happened to using Aba, Oyigbo and so on? They should dream on
come, what is wrong with you Afonja?
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by stinechykee: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
CoolVoice:

You're in Nigeria and call it a zoo... What does that make you? A Monkey!

All I can do is to shake my head for you..
Did you even know that after the civil war some Igbo were sold for N10 with receipt? You father lied to you about the true picture of the past incident. Incase he didn't witness it, tell to ask his father..
For your info am not a Nigeria but a Biafra and currently am in Biafra land so get that in your empty wack skull
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by CoolVoice(m): 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
stinechykee:
For your info am not a Nigeria but a Biafra and currently am in Biafra land so get that in your empty wack skull

How old are you? You need Jesus! Confused Nigga! cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by stinechykee: 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
CoolVoice:

How old are you? You need Jesus! Confused Nigga! cheesy grin grin grin
hell no boy is you who is confuse and need Jesus in your life you imbe
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by Phobia1: 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
Stingman:

...what are you doing about that...? Oh you want the Igbos to die for you and you just get your freedom up to Jebba, hu? That's called treachery...You got to fight for what you believe in...
lol but ma only UK fight for brexit Na. and no be only UK go dey for Britain. hehehe die for others Biko. abi jesu wey die for hin people that time no die for other people that are xtian too? lol
somebody just have to die 4 somebody to live. abi...
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by dokyOloye: 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
stinechykee:
Afonjas like you,if you people want to play prop and a you claim Igbo.Keep on deceiving yourself that there is Ebonyian who is a Muslim
Stop making a mockery of yourself for d whole world to see
.Everything isn't about afonja/IPOB.
Nobody knows everything, so if actually U are Igbo and U don't know there is a sizeable population of indigenous muslims in Ebonyi,it's forgivable cos they are majorly in 1 local govt,Afikpo north,though there are other pockets of indigenous muslims in Ikwo,Onicha and Ohaozara.
If U know anybody who schooled in Federal Polytechnic Unwana,Afikpo north in Ebonyi, ask him or her.
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by mvem(m): 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
stinechykee:
You see why i said you don't listen to world news instead you were busy ready all this Ibadan junk newspaper or waste most if your time here on Nairaland gossiping and posting thrash.Taiwan President called Trump and China was furious about it and told Trump not meddling into their conderation affairs.Let leave stop here
.....why did you quote me thrice...the taiwan thing is not serious as u think, i know well about it and the one china policy but watch and see US and trump stance now he is inaugaurated....when US severe ties with china then tell me....
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by Litmus: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Seems as if all bets are off when it comes to Trump. Here are a few things Nigeria should read into the new US Administration's vows to place America first, reinvest in the arms industry and pursue an anti-globalisation agenda:

1) Putting America First:

For the the next four years, America means not to care what the consequences of her policies means for the rest of the world. Among other things, it means that ethics are out of the windows. Gone from her considerations would be all those World Heath and UN Millenium goals to eradicate worldwide poverty by improving health, child mortality, and water sanitation and so on. America could for instance subsidies as much as she wants to safeguard her industries and agriculture regardless of how the third-world may be affected in terms of international trade. At the same time, America could dictate what Third-world nations should or should not trade or risk cutting aid. This could result in a return to chronic forms of famine in Africa or accept GM Crops. Worldwide instability and insecurity through armed conflict will worsen. This last is were Nigeria and Biafra comes in (see point 2)

2) Reinvesting in the arms industry

Peoples' obvious thought here would be that part of Trumps administration’s strategy for improving the US economy is to invest in the vast military complex and also to project further the US power in the face of newer global challenges from the likes of China, North Korea, Iran and so on. Thing is, America is already vastly more advanced militarily than all the powers of the upstarts combined. Nigeria should read the pronouncement as the US signalling her intent to sell arms to the world without ethical consideration. This may mean out goes considerations for the Leahy Law that prevented the sales of US arms to Nigeria. Where Nigeria may find Opportunities so too may all forms of insurrectionists find that they are able to procure arms unchallenged by the West. The arms market may spiral out of control as every major world power- unshackled now, compete to sell arms.

3) Anti-globalisation agenda.

Nigeria should take this to mean not only the US cutting down on aids and investment around the world in order to invest at home but an abandoning of the world as touched on above.
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by abouzaid: 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
davidif:

Britain got their referendum, Scotland got theirs, southern Cameroon, south Sudan, Malaysia etc, our destiny then would be in our hands, awolowo called Nigeria a marriage of strange bed fellows and a mere geographical expression created by the British for their own diabolical gains, we want out of this forced marriage.
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by Joel3(m): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
ollah1:

Being a racist, bigot or tribalist is a pretty bad thing. In your mind and others like you, Muslims is the problem of the world. Have you ever addressed the problems caused by Christian nations? In an attempt to out Gaddafi and Hussein, they ruined Libya, Iraq,Afghanistan. In an attempt to oust Assad, they have also ruined Syria.

Why are so blind to this? Isreal won't be ceased to exist if not for Palestinians. They offered Isreal a small portion of land while the rest of the world turned a blind eye. The same Isreal has been expanding that land while killing off thier host.

Quit been sentimental and put ur brain to work

its because your fucking Muslim leaders refuse to step outside.
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Joel3:
its because your fucking Muslim leaders refuse to step outside.

Lol. See your mouth like step aside. How does it affect them? Why haven't they invaded Zimbabwe, North Korea?

I'm sure you aren't gonna answer these questions

Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by Xcex: 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
blackpanda:
I think these biafran ipob members have serious mental issues. From nnamdi kanu dressing like a halloween jew to jobless ipob youth brandishing Trump photos as if he gives a flying f**k about your silly asses. Morons! You better wake up and make the best for your life.
How come none of ojukwu's kids or family is leadibg this biafra protest None of your elite or their family members support your noisemaking rather they are busy in abuja lavishing ghana must go bags. Smh
must d elites lead u wen ever doing something right, ate they in pocession of ur braings? Same way u worshiped tifnubu n he fixed u in this untimely poverty with buhari. Biafrans of all origin gat right to fight for dia country
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by davidif: 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
abouzaid:
Britain got their referendum, Scotland got theirs, southern Cameroon, south Sudan, Malaysia etc, our destiny then would be in our hands, awolowo called Nigeria a marriage of strange bed fellows and a mere geographical expression created by the British for their own diabolical gains, we want out of this forced marriage.

We? Who is the we in this situation? You mean you and your friends?
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by Boldstar(m): 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
aljharem:

That will be a VERY GOOD MOVE !!!! Ole ni awon ara oke oya. Abeg make them no forget to free Yoruba nation as well upto Jebba

and up to Benin too. EVen to the the land of Itsekiris.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by okwuvic(m): 4:20am On Jan 23, 2017
Protests erupt US Cities for Trump Inauguration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTK762Jujvo
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by Litmus: 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2017
See, already, Trump has now signed executive order canceling funding for those organizations that provide safe environment for abortions in third world. Where one stands on the abortion debate regardless, this Trump edict should be viewed in terms of cost-cutting, not religion, although many will point to the influence of vice-president's Pence a man that has made no secret of his religious leanings.

One of the things that makes Trump twice dangerous is the fact that he won the presidency in spite of offending minorities. Trump believes now he does not need minorities to win the next election and consequently does not need to make concessions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by Shizcool: 8:13am On Mar 29, 2017
www.jobscotham.com
I am leaving to Switzerland for greener pasture curtsy of www.jobscotham.com they gave me fee visa and ticket but I will be paying as I am been paid over there I think its a good one then to rotten here after NYSC
Re: Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters by CrazyDaniel: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hi everyone, please i am conducting a survey on the role of social media on Nigerian politics for my masters thesis. Please could you spare a few moments of your time to fill out the survey? your feedback is highly appreciated. Please do well to share it to friends.
Here is the link that gives you access to the survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5C6NGNJ
God bless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“missing” Bauchi Aircraft Lands In Nigeria (photo) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Buhari Meet At The AU 31st Meeting In Mauritania / Wike Replies Ganduje: Your Dollars Won't Work In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.