Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks (42238 Views)

Finally !!!fixed Deposit Interest Rate That Can Compete With Treasury Bills / Fixed Deposit Vs Treasury Bills: Which Pays Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by hassanq(m): 10:38am On Jan 26, 2017
You can invest with cordros....You get 14 to 18.7% per annum with 10,000 investment to 250million,and your money is 100% secure..The interest rate is at 18.7% per annum now and you can redeem your investment any time you like trust me...call this number for more details 08138652277..
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 10:52am On Jan 26, 2017
fkj950ax:

I am with you on this.
Properties in that axis extremely overrated. Most of the projects are elephant projects. Those that deliver "eventually" use the worst materials in the market, you'd have to change everything yourself.

I recommend TBills. It's the most secured investment option around now, and you can get part of your earnings in advance... That's great.

Exactly... thanks

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by precisionindepth: 10:52am On Jan 26, 2017
why not invest in buying land? real estate business is hot cake
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by musicwriter(m): 10:52am On Jan 26, 2017
There're no universal rate.

I opened similar thread few weeks ago and when I didn't get response I went to Zenith bank to enquire. Below is their rates and how to calculate interest.

N100,000 - N9. 9 Million
6%(30 days), 6.5%(60 days), 7%(90 days).

N10 Million- N49. 99 Million.
7%(30 days), 7.5%(60 days), 8%(90 days).

Of course, you can put as much money as you can. The more money the higher the interest.

Interest = Principal X Rate X Tenure/365 days.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 10:53am On Jan 26, 2017
Ayoola171:

Have you been to that place in person, are you aware of the Dangote refinery going on to be completed by 2018; the largest in West Africa, are you aware of Trade zone Center(of international Standard) also going on over there, do you also know about International Airport to be constructed by Lagos State government in that same Ibeju-Lekki ? So many opportunities in Ibeju-Lekki. I can tell you convincingly that; if you can give it a trial, Ibeju-Lekki is a place to be.

Ibeju-Lekki is over rated. Unless if heaven is going to be built there, then maybe

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 10:53am On Jan 26, 2017
ndcide:

Please I'd like to know why
Its is over rated and a waste of money.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 10:54am On Jan 26, 2017
Youngzedd:

Who Sabi you
grin grin grin
tongue
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by scachy(m): 10:55am On Jan 26, 2017
kunlef1:
My advice to you is that instead of fixed deposit, you should consider Treasury Bills. You can invest for 3 or 6 or 12 months and get interest rates of between 15 - 19% per year. It is one of the means by which Federal government borrows money from the public.

But you need to find out the minimum amount to invest from your bank, but could be as low as 100,000 naira.

That is probably where your bank will invest the money too, and give you a third of the interest they get.

Cheers.

Kunlef.
Brilliant suggestion.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 10:55am On Jan 26, 2017
xpool:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LMAO... Abi na
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by scachy(m): 10:56am On Jan 26, 2017
MrRhymes101:
Fixed 100k in access bank 2yrs ago for 1month and got N600 as interest. But if na them borrow u money nw u go fear d interest rate they go demand. No wonder pple joined MMM.........Don't like my post, I'm ugly
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 10:56am On Jan 26, 2017
collabo4me:

pls don't fixed again . let do business or invests it
What business? Tell me about it.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Ayoola171(m): 11:05am On Jan 26, 2017
queendoreez:

Ibeju-Lekki is over rated. Unless if heaven is going to be built there, then maybe

Can we discuss better about it, I believe you will never regret taking such nice and rewarding decision.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by xpool(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2017
bettercreature:
You reserve the right to tell people to shut up when they are saying what they knows nothing about
That is 2 different banks and the money are still there till this moment
cc xpool MKO4ever
Mr man you should shut up now!
What have you shown here? Nothing!
The dude told you you were talking about bank charges, you no want learn. Penalties and surcharges by banks are not taxes, taxes go into govt accts.
Besides, where is 2% Taxation in your document?
Your olodo level go make front page:

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by bettercreature(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2017
xpool:

Mr man you should shut up now!
What have you shown here? Nothing!
The dude told you you were talking about bank charges, you no want learn. Penalties and surcharges by banks are not taxes, taxes go into govt accts.
Besides, where is 2% Taxation in your document?
Your olodo level go make front page:
Shut up! you didnt get my point. I told you they deducted 2% off 10% so they pay out 8%
and the other bank deducted 2% out of 13% they pay out 11 percent
2% percent goes to government
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by xpool(m): 11:23am On Jan 26, 2017
bettercreature:
Shut up! you didnt get my point. I told you they deducted 2% off 10% so they pay out 8%
and the other bank deducted 2% out of 13% they pay out 11 percent
2% percent goes to government
Keep quiet, educated illiterate!
Because it goes to the govt as you claim, does every deduction mean tax.
Idiot, scan your olodo and past again, to show where they said 2% was taxed
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by bettercreature(m): 11:25am On Jan 26, 2017
xpool:

Keep quiet, educated illiterate!
Because it goes to the govt as you claim, does every deduction mean tax.
Idiot, scan your olodo and past again, to show where they said 2% was taxed
Why you refuse to shut up for crying out loud
They dont write that on the contract paper,your account officer would explain everything to you
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by kirchofff(m): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2017
haywhyb:

yeah you re right I did for 750k n got 24or25k upfront payment
for how many months please
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Afribest(m): 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
queendoreez:
For UBA, you get N7000 for every N500k fixed for 3months.
What, them swear for the #500k not to grow

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by bigsmoke2(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2017
Pavore9:
Personally, l can not fix when l have some many ventures to invest in.
like MMM? grin
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by freeman105: 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
Call :08139315254 for private lesson.both regular students and students with all forms of learning disability.only people in Abuja
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by odimbannamdi(m): 12:29pm On Jan 26, 2017
psalmsjob:

Yes, probably!

Whatsapp me on 09083748635
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by bigtt76(f): 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
FCMB starts from 7% Min N250k 30 days to as high as 12% (depending on the amount involved and tenure).

Saintbonnie:
Fcmb does between 10 to 12 per cent depending on how much you're investing
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Pavore9: 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
bigsmoke2:

like MMM? grin

I don't even know the details on how MMM operates and don't even want to know. Am an Agric minded person, l know where l can invest my money and achieve a 600℅ returns within 5 months, so why bother with MMM?
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by isnovic(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2017
Mehn, it is quite easy to box everyone into one investment type.
But holding the right mix of investment will ensure rest of mind.

Real estate are okay, but lack the liquidity investors seek.
The money market and equities bills/certificates are liquid but not as safe as real estate plus the yield are less.

More so, there are times we need money so badly, as life throws at us challenges that requires liquid cash to solve.

So I suggest a robust mix of real estate, money/equity/T Bills and liquid cash savings that guarantees meeting your demand for short calls for fund as well as hedge out inflation cost for a naira.

So rightly do whatever suits you in any ratio that works for you. I currently use a 6:3:1( real estate: Money/Equity: Savings at Bank ratio)

But nor be beans to achieve this ratio at all times, but if you stay positive and focused on your plan, then you can achieve financial stability.

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Ayoola171(m): 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2017
queendoreez:

Hello MA, what do you say's, can we discuss better. You're on to responsible and a fellow that value Integrity, in fact I intend meeting you MA.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by muller102(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
I fixed 500k with eco bank. After 6 months I got 537k. Very poor. Carry ur money go do mmm.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Cation(m): 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
blithe:
Hey Bro can I have your email address or WhatsApp contact please...I want to ask some questions
send a direct message to my email on nairaland.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Omonigeriarere: 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2017
queendoreez:

Yes, very poor but i had to do it anyway because if the money remains in my account and i make withdrawals more than 3 times in a month i'll get nothing and since i make several withdrawals every month, i had to fix the amount i had no urgent need for at the moment.

Can't believe that anybody can still put his money in Fixed deposit when TB is always available.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Omonigeriarere: 2:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
queendoreez:

Na me una wan use do experiment on this thread?

Which experiment are you talking about? He is telling you absolute truth
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by psalmsjob: 2:20pm On Jan 26, 2017
odimbannamdi:

Whatsapp me on 09083748635

Sorry but that's the "probably" with the yes, if you don't mind I can only interact via email send your email address Instead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash / Creating Jobs: Atiku's Plastic Manufacturing Company In Adamawa State(pictures) / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.