Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,880 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks (42223 Views)

Finally !!!fixed Deposit Interest Rate That Can Compete With Treasury Bills / Fixed Deposit Vs Treasury Bills: Which Pays Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by fkj950ax(m): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
bettercreature:
You reserve the right to tell people to shut up when they are saying what they knows nothing about
That is 2 different banks and the money are still there till this moment
cc xpool MKO4ever
Attachment deleted for security reasons ....

There is an organisation in Lagos Nigeria called Poise Academy. You might want to enroll. You'd learn how not to be delusional about having a "right" to tell people to shut up when they are saying what they [/b]knows[b] nothing about...

Did you delete the attachment for security reasons or you just didn't post at all? I can be a sport if you own up.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by DaCharis2016: 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2017
Ventures like?
Pavore9:
Personally, l can not fix when l have some many ventures to invest in.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by omoharry(f): 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
kunlef1:
My advice to you is that instead of fixed deposit, you should consider Treasury Bills. You can invest for 3 or 6 or 12 months and get interest rates of between 15 - 19% per year. It is one of the means by which Federal government borrows money from the public.

But you need to find out the minimum amount to invest from your bank, but could be as low as 100,000 naira.

That is probably where your bank will invest the money too, and give you a third of the interest they get.

Cheers.

Kunlef.
but if you divided 15-19% per for treasury bill and that of bank that charges between 4-6 % on a monthly bases dont you think the fix deposit is better off? becos its kind of higher than the treasury bill if divided per month.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by omoharry(f): 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2017
bettercreature:
Stanbic 12% before tax
Sky bank 10% before tax
Tax is about 2%
is it per month or per annum
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by omoharry(f): 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2017
kaz4sure:
Dear all,

Treasury bill is far better than fixed deposit, you can fix an amount for 91days, 180days or 365days at an annual rate of 15% to 17%.

The minimum amount required for treasury bill is 100k
can we do that will our banks
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
kunlef1:
My advice to you is that instead of fixed deposit, you should consider Treasury Bills. You can invest for 3 or 6 or 12 months and get interest rates of between 15 - 19% per year. It is one of the means by which Federal government borrows money from the public.

But you need to find out the minimum amount to invest from your bank, but could be as low as 100,000 naira.

That is probably where your bank will invest the money too, and give you a third of the interest they get.

Cheers.

Kunlef.
Brother, can we talk on T bills? When ur free. I need some more understanding.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Pavore9: 2:53pm On Jan 26, 2017
DaCharis2016:
Ventures like?
Agro related.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by omoharry(f): 3:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
bettercreature:
You reserve the right to tell people to shut up when they are saying what they knows nothing about
That is 2 different banks and the money are still there till this moment
cc xpool MKO4ever
Attachment deleted for security reasons ....
Telling someone to SHUT UP in a public forum is very rude.

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by hartson(m): 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
Present

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by hartson(m): 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
frenchwine:

Brother, can we talk on T bills? When ur free. I need some more understanding.
me too, I need to be tutored as well
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2017
hartson:
me too, I need to be lectured as well
Na so. Person suppose dey open eye for possible investments
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by kaboninc(m): 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2017
omoharry:
is it per month or per annum

Lol..

Per month...

Yet still lower than MMM

Wouldn't you rather bank with MMM? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
Omonigeriarere:

Can't believe that anybody can still put his money in Fixed deposit when TB is always available.

Not your business. Its my money, not yours... copy that.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 27, 2017
queendoreez:

What business? Tell me about it.

yes business is good cos I buy & transport perfumes i.e fragrances to other Africa countries. which sometime I'll b in need of money to incur some goods that needed to buy & store for 2-3weeks because after 3 or 4 weeks d prize will raise heavily then I'll b finding money to purchase more. so u can start business even if u are working, u can run a profitable business. if u are in lag let me know. so I can tell u what 2do.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by omoharry(f): 9:25am On Jan 27, 2017
kaboninc:

Lol..

Per month...

Yet still lower than MMM

Wouldn't you rather bank with MMM? cheesy cheesy cheesy
haaaaaaaaaaaa!! MMM KE? OGA U NOR LIKE ME AT ALL OOO!
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Omonigeriarere: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2017
queendoreez:

Not your business. Its my money, not yours... copy that.

Who is claiming that the money belongs to him/her? You are wallowing in ignorance and all you need is knowledge/right information.

By my assertion, I expect you to deepen your knowledge about treasury bill and how it works.

Get it right.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Dianeetdiana(f): 10:18am On Jan 27, 2017
AM INTERESTED

collabo4me:

yes business is good cos I buy & transport perfumes i.e fragrances to other Africa countries. which sometime I'll b in need of money to incur some goods that needed to buy & store for 2-3weeks because after 3 or 4 weeks d prize will raise heavily then I'll b finding money to purchase more. so u can start business even if u are working, u can run a profitable business. if u are in lag let me know. so I can tell u what 2do.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Dianeetdiana(f): 10:18am On Jan 27, 2017
AM INTERESTED. AND AM IN LAG

collabo4me:

Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 10:59am On Jan 27, 2017
Omonigeriarere:

Who is claiming that the money belongs to him/her? You are wallowing in ignorance and all you need is knowledge/right information.

By my assertion, I expect you to deepen your knowledge about treasury bill and how it works.

Get it right.

You are the one wallowing in stupidity and lousyness by not minding your business. The last time i checked, i never asked for your opinion or your contribution to my success or my life.

Mind your business!!!
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by queendoreez(f): 11:01am On Jan 27, 2017
collabo4me:

I already sent you a PM, pls reply. Thanks.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2017
queendoreez:

I already sent you a PM, pls reply. Thanks.

Good day. Pls locate me on my watapp number 08095155716.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
Dianeetdiana:

AM INTERESTED. AND AM IN LAG

ok good .the point am making is that if u can do or start a business , it very lucrative than fixing or other saving method. call me or locate me on watapp 08095155716
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by hapholaby: 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
You can invest in KMG Nig. ltd.

KMG Ltd. RC1387454 is an agro-export company registered under companies and allied matters act 1990.

This company invites able investors to participate in the Project themed: Me and you uplifting Nigeria's Economy. We aim to achieve this through non-oil exports alone. Therefore, Nigerian and International individuals or public are invited to participate in the program. Together we can revitalize the Nigerian economy.

Details below;

Investors Corner - Contract Information
Sample:
Product - Hardwood Charcoal
Job - Exportation of hardwood charcoal
Investment Period: 2 months (minimum)
Return on Investment: 72% per annum, 6 per month withdrawable after every two months.
Minimum Deposit: #500,000

We would advise any willing investor contact us on these platform only.
Kmgreen.bloombiz.com
Kolamegagreen@gmail.com
+2348056665090
+2348167416273

We are not liable for deals with third parties, contact us directly.
Thank you for participating in our program for a better Nigeria.
;DYou can invest in KMG Nig. ltd.

KMG Ltd. RC1387454 is an agro-export company registered under companies and allied matters act 1990.

This company invites able investors to participate in the Project themed: Me and you uplifting Nigeria's Economy. We aim to achieve this through non-oil exports alone. Therefore, Nigerian and International individuals or public are invited to participate in the program. Together we can revitalize the Nigerian economy.

Details below;

Investors Corner - Contract Information
Sample:
Product - Hardwood Charcoal
Job - Exportation of hardwood charcoal
Investment Period: 2 months (minimum)
Return on Investment: 72% per annum, 6 per month withdrawable after every two months.
Minimum Deposit: #500,000

We would advise any will ing investor contact us on these platform only;
Kolamegagreen@gmail.com
+2348056665090
+2348167416273

We are not liable for deals with third parties, contact us directly.
Thank you for participating in our program for a better Nigeria.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by jessyb: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2017
if you need a fixed deposit package that offers interest rate up to 8%, whatsapp 07084910289
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by jessyb: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2017
if you are interested in a fixed deposit plan with interest rate upnto 8%, whatsapp 07084910289
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by goonsmi: 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
My FD maturity date is today but I am yet to receive alert. like when should I be expecting my bank to pay into my account ?
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by hartson(m): 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2017
goonsmi:
My FD maturity date is today but I am yet to receive alert. like when should I be expecting my bank to pay into my account ?
which bank?
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by goonsmi: 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
hartson:
which bank?

Its been settled but I will never ever make such a horrible investment again. FD is a useless investment.
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by hartson(m): 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
goonsmi:

Its been settled but I will never ever make such a horrible investment again. FD is a useless investment.
Had similar experince last year and I vowed never to fix my money with any nigeria bank.is was a worthless investment with peanut ROI.maybe you check T.bills.cheers
Re: Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks by goonsmi: 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
hartson:
Had similar experince last year and I vowed never to fix my money with any nigeria bank.is was a worthless investment with peanut ROI.maybe you check T.bills.cheers

Thanks bro .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash / Creating Jobs: Atiku's Plastic Manufacturing Company In Adamawa State(pictures) / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.