Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed (20330 Views)

Yabatech OND|HND 2020/2021 Part Time-full Time Application Form How To Apply / 2020/2021 Lasu Postgraduate PGD Master Admission Sales Form How To Register / UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form | How To Apply 2018/19 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by bababode825(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Originalsly:
Post the address anyway.... even if he refunds her.... his house must be targeted... if not he moves on to scam the next person. And whether refunded or not...Op should go to the bank and fill the form as advised.... it is our actions or inactions that would allow this kind crime to flourish or fade away.
@Op...more important than the money.... the biggest and most damaging Internet crime is identity theft. You have given out your passport details and most likely somebody may use your identity. You need to report that immediately to help clear your name in case of any future travel wahala that can range from visa denial to arrest at airport.

I will surely post the Full Address of the scammer and even his/her next-of-kin tomorrow unfailingly.
#Watch this space

2 Likes

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Confusedsoul: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
steppin:
Maga.

Why not respect yourself after all you can read well

1 Like

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Confusedsoul: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
bcashy:

Oga why u no read n understand before u go comment now?

God bless you for me

3 Likes

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by babyfaceafrica: 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
LordofNairaland:
People always think I am too skeptical, but this case here is my major reason.

My nephew got scammed last year when he wanted to purchase the UI DLC form. He saw a number on the web and called and the man that answered the line told him to pay as the form was closing at 4 that day. He rushed to my office to beg for money and I told him to calm down. I explained that it was obviously a scam and that he should go to the school's website and make enquiries. My nephew left and got the money elsewhere (10,000 naira) and paid to the scammer. I later got to hear the story from his mother because he couldn't dare to tell me himself. I called him and told him how disappointed I was that in this age of information at your fingertips, he could be so easily scammed.
people act more than they think...especially this indomie generation...they believe they are better than their elders!!!

6 Likes

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by cooldude62(m): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
What's the essence of BVN and SIM registration if people are still being scanned through account and phones?

But OP, you were gullible. The media is your solution, police might not be helpful. The money in question is small. Only media embarrassment will make the thief pay.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by UncleJudax(m): 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
people act more than they think...especially this indomie generation...they believe they are better than their elders!!!
True. these kids would rather use the internet for non-educative purposes.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Janetade86(f): 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
I was nearly scammed with this method last year, but for God and discerning spirit. Infact it was on NL I saw the advert for the same School of Nursing and becos I was desperate then, I almost fell into their traps. It was just one person pretending to be two persons, but God catch am for me. At the end of our discussion I told him never to bother about the form. He pressured me for the money, but I didn't fall for it.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by folasayolyn(f): 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
Unrepentant fraudster, even if he refunds the money let him be outed as a fraudster.

2 Likes

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Insightz(m): 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
Confusedsoul

When it comes to money and business , one can neither be too careful nor too diligent. Always conduct your research. It doesn't cost much. One can always use the Internet.

The following tips would have come in handy in your case:

There are so many red flags that you failed to see: e.g.:

.The website

. Manner of communication, e.g back and forth on whatsapp is a clear red flag

.the fact you had to call when at the bank

.the subtle but clear nudging by the scammers

. the use of a personal account instead of the school's corporate account

Next time be sure to:

1. Investigate the website. Make sure it is the legitimate one.

2. Insist the persons verify their identifies.

3. Ensure you ask for a corporate bank account

4. Use the cool off period method. Give yourself at least 24 hours to cool off before deciding whether you make the payment. Within this period, observe the other party. If he calls or sends you messages, then there is a higher chance that it is bad for business

5. Speak with other people around you to find out if anyone has had dealings with such people

6. Use nairaland. Post an inquiry to seek people's opinion first. ( I will write a detailed thread on this topic soon)

Your possible solutions:

. File police report first

. Report at the bank with the police report. You may get your money. But it does take a lot of time

. Report the issue to the school in question

. Report to EFCC: use this information: info[at]efccnigeria.org. Hot Line 1: +234 9 9044752 , Hot Line 2: +234 9 9044753

Hope this helps. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by ALAYORMII: 12:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
Rapmaestro:
Complain at a firstbank branch... You'll get them. Report to efcc, police too

Leave the Police out of this cos they will still ask for money before you can even write a statement

Speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
this one nah small money, I was scam of my hard earned 50k some weeks ago when I wanted to buy a laptop from on guy .
I'm just saying because he is stupid enough to send his real bank account number and i told him the last time that the more my money stayed with him the more the profit will be increasing when I have his time ,
But I thing I will replace some tbing s I. his body this week sha .
him parent go suffer and so ilorins
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
ORI ORO RE NA NI MOWA
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Marvel1206: 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
icedfire:
Confusedsoul, I will try so hard to refrain from blaming you because I don't expect you to pay money into a personal account. A true caller check on the numbers revealed that the guys know about true caller an they had one of the numbers saved as school admin and the other saved as Dr Mrs Adekala.
1) Do you still have the bank details of the account you sent money to? (in this age of bvn, his real name will be there hopefully) .
2) I think there is a way to report websites that are scams to google ( the experts will come and explain better)

Lalasticlal.a

i think it was mentioned in the post
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by guiddoti: 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
steppin:
Maga.
you are now speaking in tongues.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by LordOfNaira: 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:

You have said it all.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by guiddoti: 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
ALAYORMII:

Leave the Police out of this cos they will still ask for money before you can even write a statement

Speaking from experience
You are correct on that 'poris' engagement. I doubt if we have one in this country. They are as useless as rag uniform.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by maxti: 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
bababode825:

I will surely post the Full Address of the scammer and even his/her next-of-kin tomorrow unfailingly.
#Watch this space

Nice one. Please a neighbour was also scammed of 16k. We would also like to get the scammers detail.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by DeBlessedOne(m): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
But is there no picture of the guy? So we can post it on every social media platform let his children see their father for who he really is.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Xzbit91: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
steppin:

She was told there wasn't going to be exams and she believed. She was scammed at the end of the day. I don't care about the remaining part of the scam story.

Learn how to read and comprehend before talking, it would save you from making a fool of yourself in public, it was after paying for form she made an inquiry into when the exams will take place that the scammer told her there would be no exams this year

2 Likes

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by SEEDORF441(m): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
I can see some people still ave brain in dis nairaland, anybody trying to help op shall receive blessing in dis year in d name of God.

2 Likes

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
its only nigerians that allow themselves to be scammed. how dare u send money to someone you dont know? what were u expecting in return, good faith?
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by ajuwarhodes(f): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=prettyboi1989 post=53030278]its only nigerians that allow themselves to be scammed. how dare u send money to someone you dont know? what were u expecting in return, good faith?[/quote

Why are u always quick at insulting Nigerians? Don't the white get scammed too?abi u haven't heard of yahoo boys? Isn't the white they scam most of the time,so much that I wonder how they are able to do it,considering the fact that some of them speak very dead English

2 Likes

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=ajuwarhodes post=53031013][/quote]
are u giving an excuse for the guy and saying its ok to pay someone for any advert seen online? come on
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Originalsly: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
ALAYORMII:

Speaking from experience
Bad advice. It is her civic duty to report the matter to the Police. It is the duty of the Police to give her a report without asking for bribe. Let her do her part.... the Police are expected to do theirs.... you shouldn't be saying they wouldn't....because they didn't for you. Sooo many people have been scammed that it is more likely the very Police or someone close to them was also scammed. ... and to give them the information of a scammer may even have them thanking her for coming forward . Then it would be woe onto Mr Fraudster. Let her do her part.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Originalsly: 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
prettyboi1989:
its only nigerians that allow themselves to be scammed. how dare u send money to someone you dont know? what were u expecting in return, good faith?
hmmm... I can bet my life that people in your country have been scammed by Nigerians. How can they send money to people they don't know? ... in a country they don't know?...how can they allow themselves to be scammed? ..huh?
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by cybriz82(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
use ur facebook account to trace him...just add him on facebook get iz full detailz.hiz friendz.u cn trace him from der.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by ALAYORMII: 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
Originalsly:
Bad advice. It is her civic duty to report the matter to the Police. It is the duty of the Police to give her a report without asking for bribe. Let her do her part.... the Police are expected to do theirs.... you shouldn't be saying they wouldn't....because they didn't for you. Sooo many people have been scammed that it is more likely the very Police or someone close to them was also scammed. ... and to give them the information of a scammer may even have them thanking her for coming forward . Then it would be woe onto Mr Fraudster. Let her do her part.

Let Mii tell you two short stories

I heard the case of a man who took a pickpocket to the Police station and the Police officers at the station asked him to leave the money the pickpocket stole as evidence, before he was allowed to go he had to part with some money.

Another story

A guy's bike was stolen and he went to the Police station to make a report and the Police officer that attended to him asked him to pay 5k before he can be allowed to write a statement
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by idesylvester(m): 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
Please learn to read it's there... Africans I just don't want to believe that things can be hidden in books and Africans won't c it
DrChukzy:
Where is his bank acct name?

1 Like

Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Originalsly: 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
ALAYORMII:

Let Mii tell you two short stories

I heard the case of a man who took a pickpocket to the Police station and the Police officers at the station asked him to leave the money the pickpocket stole as evidence, before he was allowed to go he had to part with some money.

Another story

A guy's bike was stolen and he went to the Police station to make a report and the Police officer that attended to him asked him to pay 5k before he can be allowed to write a statement
Did you ever hear of any case where the police took action? If not... this may be your first. You heard of two cases only.... heard of.... not knowing whether they be truth or lies... but this was enough for you to discourage anyone internationally.... worldwide.... from reporting any matter to the Nigerian Police. Isn't there something wrong with this picture?
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by ALAYORMII: 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
Originalsly:
Did you ever hear of any case where the police took action? If not... this may be your first. You heard of two cases only.... heard of.... not knowing whether they be truth or lies... but this was enough for you to discourage anyone internationally.... worldwide.... from reporting any matter to the Nigerian Police. Isn't there something wrong with this picture?

I was physically present at one

There was a time I was walking and some policemen accosted Mii and some other people, we were pushed inside a bus and taken to their station. On getting to the station, they asked us to bring all the money on us or we will be locked up.

Nigerian police is a no go area for Mii
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Originalsly: 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
ALAYORMII:

I was physically present at one

There was a time I was walking and some policemen accosted Mii and some other people, we were pushed inside a bus and taken to their station. On getting to the station, they asked us to bring all the money on us or we will be locked up.

Nigerian police is a no go area for Mii
We need to blame ourselves for allowing this to happen...why?... because we do nothing about it. What can we do?...use social media... this is the the 21st century. We have phones with camera.... snap pictures... post on social media.... you will see changes. Haven't people posted before?...Police demanding bribes?...and the Police being fired? Op is an example of doing something about it..m bringing her problem to social media.... see how much not only she... but us have learned on what actions we can take to locate the fraudsters? We need to act and not throw up our arms in defeat. ... but yet we can talk about order and progress in other countries while closing our eyes to how it came about.
Re: Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed by Confusedsoul: 10:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
icedfire:
Confusedsoul, I will try so hard to refrain from blaming you because I don't expect you to pay money into a personal account. A true caller check on the numbers revealed that the guys know about true caller an they had one of the numbers saved as school admin and the other saved as Dr Mrs Adekala.
1) Do you still have the bank details of the account you sent money to? (in this age of bvn, his real name will be there hopefully) .
2) I think there is a way to report websites that are scams to google ( the experts will come and explain better)

Lalasticlala

Yes I have it and it's even in the post..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Destructive Habits Every University Student Should Let Go / "Converting HND To Degree Is Absurd" By Punch Editorial Board / Jamb Result Upgrading/editing Scam Alert. Dont't Fall For This Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.