Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:34 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (319 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today by Skyfornia(m): 6:56am On Jan 22, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

SUNDAY, 22ND JANUARY.

THEME: PUT YOUR BODY UNDER.

OPENING SCRIPTURE: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway (1 Corinthians 9:27).

As a child of God, one thing you have to consciously do is to put your body in subjection to the Word. There’re Christians who can’t undergo such a spiritual exercise as fasting. They just can’t fast for a reasonable period of time. Why? They’re too lazy! Once it’s time to fast, their bodies wouldn’t let them; they start struggling. That’s when they suddenly remember the cake that’s been in the fridge for weeks; a voracious appetite for food suddenly wells up in them and sustaining the fast becomes a struggle.

But the truth is, any time such a thing like this happens, your spirit will always talk to you; it’s just whether or not you’ll listen to your spirit. At such times when your body is trying to lord it over you, if you yield to your flesh rather than to your spirit, you’ll lose another opportunity to make your body conform to your spirit. In the day of trouble, your body will be
the master, and God doesn’t want that.

The Apostle Paul, in our opening verse, said, “But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway” (1 Corinthians 9:27). Every time there’s an opportunity for a spiritual exercise, take advantage of it. For example, when it’s time to pray, pray! Refuse to feel tired or sleepy; put away everything that’s likely to distract you, and discipline yourself to observe your prayer times. By so doing, you’re training your spirit to dominate your body.

The outward man (your body) has its senses, and your spirit has its senses as well. The outward man has a mind that holds the memory, and the human spirit also has memory. So, whichever one you train is what will determine the quality of your life. Those who live according to their senses are terribly limited; they’re the ones that experience failures and defeat in life. But those who are led by the Spirit, those who have trained their spirits, have the mastery.

Make up your mind to let your spirit gain the dominion over your body; live beyond this earthly realm.

CONFESSION
I belong to Christ, and I’ve crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. I reckon myself to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ. I walk by the Spirit always, and manifest fruits of righteousness. My spirit is alive unto God! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Galatians 5:16-18 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Matthew 15:1-28 Exodus 1-2
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Matthew 8:23-34 Genesis 22

(1) (Reply)

​rccg Fasting And Prayer - Day 25 (saturday 4th February, 2017) Prayer Points / Man Calls Jesus Christ 'useless' Because Of His Sister's Death (photo) / Apostle Johnson Suleiman And The Wolves (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.