Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (692901 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by atrapon(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
Good day wonderful people, can I submit statement of account that I printed since late december for admission to Cleveland state university for masters degree.thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2017
atrapon:
Good day wonderful people, can I submit statement of account that I printed since late december for admission to Cleveland state university for masters degree.thank you
Yes you can as ur statement is valid for 6 months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
Sure!
atrapon:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
i can. dm me
neurosci:
Pls, who can help with paying sevis fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
Analytics:
There is no position available in that department. No matter the tons of email you send. You have to check other departments like you have dropped earlier. Secondly, try to arrive on campus early so you can search one on one.
Thanks alot for the info. When do you advise I arrive at ETSU? Is 1st week or 2nd week in August ok? Are you also in the department?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
I read Microbiology in my undergrad and I took Biochem classes. Biochem and Nursing are in the science field but not directly related. Instead of doing an Associate degree, you can go for Biomedical sciences or apply straight for Nursing/Pre-Nursing. I know for sure studying Nursing as other majors is really stressful but its very possible. Why spend $$ on Associate degree when you can go for a masters. I am currently studying public health MS and I have folks in my class who read Dentistry*, Exercise science, biochem etc. So just explore all your options and most importantly look at the classes that will be offered.
jar:
Hello friends,
I am silent follower of your thread and i really want to commend your efforts.
Sincerely,i always wanted to get a foreign education..never got the opportunity,the dream still breaths in me,thats why i decided to pursue it.
Please,i will be needing your help alot.
I graduated with a Bsc in biochemistry in 2005....got a diploma in nursing 2014.
Please,i dont know what degree to pursue...i can either go for a Masters related to my Nursing or i can get an Associate degree 1st before applying for a Bsc...but that is a long road in terms of the Bsc.
A friend in texas recommended Houston community college for an Asociate degree in nursing....i dont know if the VO will appluade the decision deny me a visa considering i have a Bsc and am older(35years old female).
Somebody also suggested Masters in public health.
Please,i am married with a Year old baby(i have to travel with him),is it advisable my husband,my son and u apply at 1ce?
I really need a sense of direction as to go about things...and i believe you guys can help me
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
Awesome! Congratulations! The volume of work is tremendous but we pull through by God's grace! All the best wink
purplesummer:

Mekurexx! cheesy cheesy I'm graduating next month o. Sometimes when I look at the volume of work I have to do, I simply lie down and sleep. Lol.
Hope you are doing great? Thanks for the shout out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by johnsonnob: 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
someone should help me attend to these
johnsonnob:
Good evening everyone, can anyone recommend a very good and comprehensive preparatory study material for GRE?
Furthermore guys, I scored 85 in my TOEFL exam. I hope that isn't too low to get funding for M.Sc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2017
Well to my best if knowledge, I think fall is the best season to apply for admission due to the fact that schools intake during this season is far more than spring and funds are usually available in most of the school. Try and work towards fall. I also learnt that spring application are mostly for the extraordinary good student and provided the dept also have space to squeeze in one or two candidates more. Was a victim of spring denial sha. Best of luck
Kendrix69:
Hi, i am new here tried to read d pages here but headache wan kill me, anyways i just want to start this U.S admission processing Nd all, which season is best to apply for, September or January (i think). Appreciate ur advices.lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 9:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
Evening people!
Please, got a little question to ask, especially to those who have been to the embassy. Does the color of the DS-160 confirmation page printout matter? My DS-160 confirmation page is printed in normal black and white. I don't have access to a colored printer at the moment. My test results are also printed in black and white. Hope there won't be any issues at the Embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 9:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
For TA/GA positions it's better you Get a score of 100 and above.
johnsonnob:
someone should help me attend to these
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Breamz(m): 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
PLS HELP O!!!
i saw a site cheapflight.com,so i saw a qud nd reasonable nd d site directed me to an airline aqent company, Icarrygo.Com. pls how do i know d authenticity of d airline aqent
and
How Do i know if dere r real nd reqistered?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
Good so student can actually search for GA(TA or RA) from other dept and one on one self, so not necessary it's from your department alone. Nice one!

Analytics:
There is no position available in that department. No matter the tons of email you send. You have to check other departments like you have dropped earlier. Secondly, try to arrive on campus early so you can search one on one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
On my school site, I saw that non-Us citizen can benefit from this loan so I was curious an tried to follow up more but I got to a stage where I need to put in my SSN. Then it was done on me. Thanks for the contribution. I have some friends in there just not sure of thee credit rating sha.

Thanks a bunch

omoluabiguy:

FAFSA itself is self explanatory. You either have to be a US citizen or someone who is a US citizen (with good credit score history) stands as a beneficiary/reference for you. There is no 2 ways about it. An international student with no US citizen referee is NOT eligible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
Whao! Good to know there are some other loans available for Intl student. I will be glad to know about these loans and I will pm u boss but I don't mind if you can share on the thread too... I think I have ur email on my old moniker but we will relate thru any of the email boss. Thanks so much, am so oblige
femi321:
The number 1 question is.. are you a US citizen or you have green card? FAFSA is for citizens/green card holders. But there are other loans you can access as an international student but you need a green card holder to co-sign for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
Thanks boss, I have some folks there, hopefully they can help. I was thinking if doing it alone before.

imperiouxx:

Yes, after filling in your household info, previous year tax return, submit and approved, your school will send you to a financial aid verification page where you attach any applicable document about your citizenship or immigration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
Although still within the 6 months interval but Late December seems old already while not get a recent one. This is late April. A School told me they want SOA printed only this yr.

Best of luck man
atrapon:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
I will like to seal a sevis fee deal too but my account has sent too many pm, please kindly pm me.... Thanks

Mekurexx:
i can. dm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mayflowa(m): 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
saninwa:
Evening people!
Please, got a little question to ask, especially to those who have been to the embassy. Does the color of the DS-160 confirmation page printout matter? My DS-160 confirmation page is printed in normal black and white. I don't have access to a colored printer at the moment. My test results are also printed in black and white. Hope there won't be any issues at the Embassy?

No there won't be any single issue as per the colour of printout. I used black and white myself. Even colour printout nor common for US sef.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by purplesummer(f): 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
femi321:
Exactly what I have been doing for the past 2days, I cant come and have high blood pressure
Lol. How have you been femi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by purplesummer(f): 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
OluDare01:

Beautiful purplesummer I sight you in 3D cheesy
Oludare! cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
smithsydny:
I remember you about 3 days ago... How levels?

Oh.... baba I. dey o
EU do me strong thing now my focus is back to USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 23, 2017
sobastical:

Oh.... baba I. dey o
EU do me strong thing now my focus is back to USA
kole werk? Oooo sorry. We shall run some day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chuksGilb: 12:38am On Apr 23, 2017
Greetings Everyone,

I just recently got admitted to a fully funded Phd program in the US, I have received my I-20 and made my SEVIS payment. I would like to submit my DS160 and schedule an interview for my VISA but my school start date is the 28th of August. Can I go ahead with picking an interview date or should I wait for the 120 days window. Would scheduling an interview date before the 120 days window affect my chances of getting my VISA approved?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 12:57am On Apr 23, 2017
smithsydny:
kole werk? Oooo sorry. We shall run some day

Amen... Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 1:59am On Apr 23, 2017
princeGee23:
On my school site, I saw that non-Us citizen can benefit from this loan so I was curious an tried to follow up more but I got to a stage where I need to put in my SSN. Then it was done on me. Thanks for the contribution. I have some friends in there just not sure of thee credit rating sha.

Thanks a bunch

Don't get this wrong. Non-citizens that are eligible are only those that fall into one of this categories. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/non-us-citizens
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:28am On Apr 23, 2017
chuksGilb:
Greetings Everyone,

I just recently got admitted to a fully funded Phd program in the US, I have received my I-20 and made my SEVIS payment. I would like to submit my DS160 and schedule an interview for my VISA but my school start date is the 28th of August. Can I go ahead with picking an interview date or should I wait for the 120 days window. Would scheduling an interview date before the 120 days window affect my chances of getting my VISA approved?

Congrats and power to you.... fully funded phd.. smiley NICE

Waiting or not won't affect chances that been said 120 days to 28 of August starts from upper week (from april 30th)... so really u can just schedule it to be after one week from now .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 4:33am On Apr 23, 2017
shabol54:

Thanks alot for the info. When do you advise I arrive at ETSU? Is 1st week or 2nd week in August ok? Are you also in the department?
I'm leaving there next month after graduation. I'm not in that dept but can arm with you any subsequent inquiry you have. For me, arrive between July 24th to 28th. It would help you search for accommodation, apply for any available GA or go to offices in search of one. You have to meet your advisor so you can have an idea of classes to register and also get permit where needed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:35am On Apr 23, 2017
purplesummer:

Lol. How have you been femi?
doing great. Thank God for his grace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 4:36am On Apr 23, 2017
chuksGilb:
Greetings Everyone,

You can schedule your interview for June.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 4:39am On Apr 23, 2017
Breamz:
PLS HELP O!!!
i saw a site cheapflight.com,so i saw a qud nd reasonable nd d site directed me to an airline aqent company, Icarrygo.Com. pls how do i know d authenticity of d airline aqent
and
How Do i know if dere r real nd reqistered?
www.google.com/flights would give you an estimate. Why not check with respective airlines for prices? Their exchange rates are pretty decent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 7:16am On Apr 23, 2017
Analytics:
I'm leaving there next month after graduation. I'm not in that dept but can arm with you any subsequent inquiry you have. For me, arrive between July 24th to 28th. It would help you search for accommodation, apply for any available GA or go to offices in search of one. You have to meet your advisor so you can have an idea of classes to register and also get permit where needed
Okay, thanks a bunch. Will make sure to arrive ETSU early.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.