Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693129 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
slimmy2005:
Anyone resuming ETSU for Fall, 2017?
Good evening.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
Congrats

Divabiola:
I have been a silent follower of this thread for about a year now and want to say thank you to everyone that has kept the thread active. You guys are doing a great job. My visa was approved this morning in Abuja.

Me: Good Morning
VO: good morning, pass me your passport (I hand it over and he scanned it)

VO: Let me have your I-20 (did as requested and he took time to examine it)

VO: Tell me more about this program at Kansas State
Me: I am going for a Phd in Computer science and will be working as a research assistant for Prof Bleep and we will be working on research YYYYY

VO: Okay, why Kansas State
Me: I wanted a school with high research pedigree and KSU's research activity is rated R1 by Canergie classification of higher institution.

VO: Have you travelled before.
Me: No, never had reasons to

VO: what is your highest qualification
Me: I have a Msc in Computer Science

VO: Your Visa has been approved (returned I-20 and handed me the white paper) this form tells you how to pick up your passport (handed me another paper) and this describes how you enter the United State as a student. Congrats and enjoy your stay in the US.

PS: Information is power and will like prospective students to put in the time and effort into preparing/writing tests, searching for schools, writing statements etc. The process might look long but it's worth it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
slimmy2005:
Anyone resuming ETSU for Fall, 2017?
Yes, am resuming at ETSU fall 2017, Engineering Tech. Thanks for your advise d other day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
shabol54:

Yes, am resuming at ETSU fall 2017, Engineering Tech. Thanks for your advise d other day.
It's nothing. Just keep with what I told and keep checking the portal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
shabol54:

Please anyone here who knows anything about bowling green university OHiO ? I would like to know how standard the school is ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
slimmy2005:
It's nothing. Just keep with what I told and keep checking the portal
Aiit, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
Awesu122:

Please anyone here who knows anything about bowling green university OHiO ? I would like to know how standard the school is ?
Dont know anything about the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jar: 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hello,plz i reside in warri.i need directions to get GRe materials pls...thnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jar: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
[quote author=BOLAUWA post=55897886]Good day all. Please I am applying to morgan state university, usa, for a masters in public health (mph), and I just concluded a phone interview with them,so really hopeful. Anyone with an idea or Experience of how good the institution is and the program, and the chances for a GA. I have already been offered an admission for mph at university of southern mississippi, so am still weighing the options. Ur
advice is needed urgently. Thanks a million.
Hello,plz i need a quick info from you...concerning the university of mississipi...what were the admission requirements u fulfilled to get the admission..am inyerested as well.u can pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by charzyh2: 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
sunshine087:
Glory be to God Almighty. Visa Approved on Monday (24th April).

pls post it bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by GlassDoc: 12:05am On Apr 28, 2017
Onoa:

Good day everyone. Pls I am also interested in this. I was recently offered admission at UNL and I would really appreciate it if I could get in touch with anyone who is there currently, I just want to ask a few questions. Thanks in anticipation.
cc:OluDare1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 12:16am On Apr 28, 2017
pleaae does anyone knows anything about Ms Accountancy in bowling green university OH before I start wasting energy on it again loolzz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:55am On Apr 28, 2017
jar:
Hello,plz i reside in warri.i need directions to get GRe materials pls...thnks

Materials download for GRE..... There also another group/thread

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 5:15am On Apr 28, 2017
Send me a private message. I'm not too active on here
jar:

Thanks....plz whats d name of your School,i am interested in doing Masters in public health,already carrying out research....plz assist me plz.i have to do a Masters that relates to my Nursing.cox i am already practising
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 5:15am On Apr 28, 2017
Congrats!. More testimonies to come
sunshine087:
Glory be to God Almighty. Visa Approved on Monday (24th April).

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 5:17am On Apr 28, 2017
Congratulations
Divabiola:
I have been a silent follower of this thread for about a year now and want to say thank you to everyone that has kept the thread active. You guys are doing a great job. My visa was approved this morning in Abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 5:19am On Apr 28, 2017
No I dont think so. Just be prepared as a student and go for your interview
chrisdavinci:
Hi, you guys are doing a great job. I have been following the discussions here for quite a while now. I was admitted to Texas A&M University-Kingsville to study Chemical Engineering(MSc), was given $8k+ scholarship. I made the necessary payments already and I have my I-20 with me. Filled the DS-160 as well as paid the visa application fee. School resumption is Aug 10 and I have plans to schedule and interview next month is that too early? Also, I just passed out from nysc and currently unemployed can that affect my visa approval?
looking forward to your feedback guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 5:21am On Apr 28, 2017
To my understanding, High school transcript is WAEC certificate. Thats all I collected from my secondary school, + it was govt.
anodebeanthony:
Please I want to ask an important question.

About secondary/high school transcript.

I went to Government secondary and am 100% I can't get the transcript. Please how do u solve problem of high school transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 5:33am On Apr 28, 2017
GlassDoc:
cc:OluDare1
I school at Tennessee tech

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jar: 7:43am On Apr 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Materials download for GRE..... There also another group/thread

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0
Ok thnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by obaxlove(m): 9:03am On Apr 28, 2017
Hi guys,

Please help me out on what to do or school to apply to;
Qualifications;
ND statistics, '08 upper credit
Bsc Demography and social statistics '12 second class upper
Msc Demography and social statistics '17
Distinction
IELTS- 6.5 overall band.

Guys, pls kindly help.
Work experience
Bank - 1 yr
Transport company as a Logistics coordinator- 3 yrs still counting.

Proposed program
PhD or any MBA related to supply chain or Transport and logistics.

Pls kindly help me choice of schs that are cheaper or possibly grant, location with low cost of living and better choice of course.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 9:10am On Apr 28, 2017
good morning house
My brothers VIsA was approved this morning, Texas A and M, and he needs to travel before 25th of may, please anyone with idea of where he could get a cheap and reliable flight? And has anyone fly Qatar airway lately? What is their rating lately? And hope people don't have problem flying them to USA
Waiting for urgent answers
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folatush(f): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2017
Awesu122:
good morning house
My brothers VIsA was approved this morning, Texas A and M, and he needs to travel before 25th of may, please anyone with idea of where he could get a cheap and reliable flight? And has anyone fly Qatar airway lately? What is their rating lately? And hope people don't have problem flying them to USA
Waiting for urgent answers
Thanks

Congrats to him. kindly post transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 10:16am On Apr 28, 2017
Him:good morning
VO:good morning can I have your passport and i20 please
VO: how did you hear about this school
Him: I went to education seminar and that was how I heard about the school, and I went back home to read about the schools I picked
VO:how many schools did you pick?
Him:3 schools, Texas A and M, Michigan Tech and LSU, but I was offered admission into two, Michigan Tech and Texas A and M
VO: typed for 3 minutes your visa would be ready tomorrow passed the i20 back to him with white paper told home he would need it at point of entery

After 5 times of spring denial, he didn't Give up and the visa was handed to him God still works wonders anyway

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 28, 2017
Congratulations
Awesu122:
Him:good morning
VO:good morning can I have your passport and i20 please
VO: how did you hear about this school
Him: I went to education seminar and that was how I heard about the school, and I went back home to read about the schools I picked
VO:how many schools did you pick?
Him:3 schools, Texas A and M, Michigan Tech and LSU, but I was offered admission into two, Michigan Tech and Texas A and M
VO: typed for 3 minutes your visa would be ready tomorrow passed the i20 back to him with white paper told home he would need it at point of entery

After 5 times of spring denial, he didn't Give up and the visa was handed to him God still works wonders anyway

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2017
I found out that some schools doesn't require English Proficiency Test (TOEFL or IELTS) for undergraduate.

The question I want to ask is this;
Since the school exempted Toefl or IELTS will it affect me when I go For visa Interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Saintsquare(m): 11:52am On Apr 28, 2017
Mekurexx:
To my understanding, High school transcript is WAEC certificate. Thats all I collected from my secondary school, + it was govt.
High school transcript is the record of all the subject you took and grades, its usually from ss1 to ss3.All the subjects and grades will be typed on the school letter headed paper,with the school stamp and principal signature on it.It can be notarized to proof its originality.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Drocks: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
Tunnyz7:
VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING
It was just God's mercy only...Below is my transcript
me: good morning (with smiles)
Vo: good morning(she smiles right back) can I have your passport and your form i20
me: *passes it to her
Vo: what's your highest level of education
Me: National Diploma
Vo: you mean polytechnic
Me: yes
Vo: from when to when
Me: 2012-2014
Vo:When did you finish high school
Me: 2009
Vo: I noticed there's a few gap between your high school and your ND, what were u doing between those years
Me: was searching for admission and I also started working in a cafe to get more used to computers which is my passion from childhood
Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me: 3 and I named them
Vo: is it just this school that has given you admission
Me: yes, for now
Vo: I can see you have an on housing scholarship how did you get that
Me: it's given to international students that merits it in the school, the school saw my high school results and felt I merit it
Vo: what does your dad do
Me: I told her
Vo: so what will you be doing with this degree when you get it
Me: I'll come back to Nigeria and *vo cuts in
Vo: and probably go for your masters if your parents can afford it right?
Me: yes, when the time comes
Vo: *types for some secs.. I'll be approving your visa, pick it up in this address in next 3 working days
Me: thank you

It was just God's grace and mercy, anyone that feels God is not involved in visa issuance is just... Well I've learnt to trust God over the years. Canada delayed me twice and with my Virgin passport and first time at the US embassy God gave me this visa. No documents was asked, not even the name of my school or why I chose it. All I can say is thank you Jesus and God bless everyone on this thread.
congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
Visa approved this morning. Thanks to everyone that have been keeping this thread active ever since. The same woman that did mine finger printing also interviewed me.

VO: Passed me your documents
Me: I passed my I20 and Passport
VO: Tell me your course plan
Me: I'm going to Montana Tech for master's degree in Geological Engineering, in this course I will be taking 20 credits of courseworks, 8 research thesis and 2 credits of graduate seminars.
VO:What courses will you take
ME: Slope stability design, Structural geology, Advanced engineering geology. I stopped while she continue to type.
VO:I see you have a tuition waiver, how did you get it
ME:The admission committee was impressed with my documents and also I was interviewed by my advisor who show great interest in me
VO: I will be approving your visa. it will be ready on Thursday, take it at this circled location.

The interview was short.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
log1:
Visa approved this morning. Thanks to everyone that have been keeping this thread active ever since. The same woman that did mine finger printing also interviewed me.

Me: I'm going to Montana Tech for master's degree in Geological Engineering, in this course I will be taking 20 credits of courseworks, 8 research thesis and 2 credits of graduate seminars.
ME: Slope stability design, Structural geology, Advanced engineering geology. I stopped while she continue to type.
ME:The admission committee was impressed with my documents and also I was interviewed by my advisor who show great interest in me
VO: I will be approving your visa. it will be ready on Thursday, take it at this circled location.

The interview was short.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
Drocks:
congratulations
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
Congratulations! Pls can I contact you to ask you few questions?
log1:

The interview was short.

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.