Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (692204 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temi4fash(m): 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
Onoa:

Good day everyone. Pls I am also interested in this. I was recently offered admission at UNL and I would really appreciate it if I could get in touch with anyone who is there currently, I just want to ask a few questions. Thanks in anticipation.

what program were you admitted to??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
log1:
Visa approved this morning. Thanks to everyone that have been keeping this thread active ever since. The same woman that did mine finger printing also interviewed me.
VO: Passed me your documents
Me: I passed my I20 and Passport
VO: Tell me your course planho show great interest in me
VO: I will be approving your visa. it will be ready on Thursday, take it at this circled location.
The interview was short.
Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by atrapon(m): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
Awesu122:
Him:good morning
VO:good morning can I have your passport and i20 please
VO: how did you hear about this school
Him: I went to education seminar and that was how I heard about the school, and I went back home to read about the schools I picked
VO:how many schools did you pick?
Him:3 schools, Texas A and M, Michigan Tech and LSU, but I was offered admission into two, Michigan Tech and Texas A and M
VO: typed for 3 minutes your visa would be ready tomorrow passed the i20 back to him with white paper told home he would need it at point of entery

After 5 times of spring denial, he didn't Give up and the visa was handed to him God still works wonders anyway
does he have any scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temi4fash(m): 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2017
Please house,

What is the difference between an MS in Physic and MS in Physics
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 2:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Congratulations! Pls can I contact you to ask you few questions?

No problem sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
electronic:
Congrats!!
Tunnyz7:
Congratulations
electronic:
Congrats!!
Thanks. Electronic, I await your good news.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nellyalph: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
Awesu122:
good morning house
My brothers VIsA was approved this morning, Texas A and M, and he needs to travel before 25th of may, please anyone with idea of where he could get a cheap and reliable flight? And has anyone fly Qatar airway lately? What is their rating lately? And hope people don't have problem flying them to USA
Waiting for urgent answers
Thanks

I don't know if last August can be counted as 'recently', but I didn't have one tinny tenny weeny problem with them, BUT the only problem was I expected more on the food aspect, prolly I expected to be served egusi and swallow. Like someone said before, carry gala or any other snack. They will give you drink and water.
Buy your ticket now if you see cheaper price.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
nellyalph:

I don't know if last August can be counted as 'recently', but I didn't have one tinny tenny weeny problem with them, BUT the only problem was I expected more on the food aspect, prolly I expected to be served egusi and swallow. Like someone said before, carry gala or any other snack. They will give you drink and water.
Buy your ticket now if you see cheaper price.

Lol ok thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Laird(m): 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
For all Health and Medical Science inclined students. This link.is a list of Health and Medical Professions with average USA salary per Year

You would not likely get a Visa to study for an Associate Degree or to Study in a Community College...

Not all listed Professions on the Website can get You a Student visa

Take only the relevant career information to guide You

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/mobile/home.htm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
No bro... It mustn't be. You could have used your webcam while filling the DS160. So you see, it mustn't be.
funkyQuest:

Okay. Thanks. Also, must it be the same passport I uploaded that I'll take along?

cc Tunnyz7
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
Congrats

log1:
Visa approved this morning. Thanks to everyone that have been keeping this thread active ever since. The same woman that did mine finger printing also interviewed me.

VO: Tell me your course plan
Me: I'm going to Montana Tech for master's degree in Geological Engineering, in this course I will be taking 20 credits of courseworks, 8 research thesis and 2 credits of graduate seminars.
VO:What courses will you take
ME: Slope stability design, Structural geology, Advanced engineering geology. I stopped while she continue to type.
VO:I see you have a tuition waiver, how did you get it
ME:The admission committee was impressed with my documents and also I was interviewed by my advisor who show great interest in me
VO: I will be approving your visa. it will be ready on Thursday, take it at this circled location.

The interview was short.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by charzyh2: 4:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
Who can help pay sevis fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
Good day guys. I wish to study MS Computer Science in the Us. I'm targeting Fall 2018, will write GRE in September. After checking for schools ranking on my choice of course, i have made my choice on these four schools.

1. Georgia Institute of Technology

2. University of Maryland, College Park

3. Indiana University, Bloomington

4. University of Florida.

The gurus in the house please help me. Are these schools ok? Please say whatever you know about these schools. Anybody here who is a student of any of the schools or that know somebody who know somebody that attended or still attending the school? Please help me.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2017
Just got a mail that my passport is ready for pickup. Can I pickup on Saturday?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Helkayklassic:
Good day guys. I wish to study MS Computer Science in the Us. I'm targeting Fall 2018, will write GRE in September. After checking for schools ranking on my choice of course, i have made my choice on these four schools.

1. Georgia Institute of Technology

2. University of Maryland, College Park

3. Indiana University, Bloomington

4. University of Florida.

The gurus in the house please help me. Are these schools ok? Please say whatever you know about these schools. Anybody here who is a student of any of the schools or that know somebody who know somebody that attended or still attending the school? Please help me.

Thanks.
My brother you get taste....
But you better score 325 in gre 100+ in Toefl and above with 4.8GPA for CS...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
electronic:

My brother you get taste....
But you better score 325 in gre 100+ in Toefl and above with 4.8GPA for CS...

Don't be discouraged bro, University of Maryland exempt Nigerians from TOEFL

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hello Bosses in the house, Please anybody in NJIT( New Jersey Institute of Technology) should Kindly signifies. I have some findings to clarify and some questions to ask.

Thank you so much, am so oblige
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
Awesu122:

Don't be discouraged bro, University of Maryland exempt Nigerians from TOEFL
LoL... for all the schools he still needs to write it to score more points...
Plus competition is stiff! Let's us see his GRE and GPA first...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
electronic:

LoL... for all the schools he still needs to write it to score more points...
Plus competition is stiff! Let's us see his GRE and GPA first...

You so right anyway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
May be I should look out for the Dean of GS of my schools and see if I can still be lucky to get a scholarship or any assistant-ship.
I was told something different from my guy in that school smiley

chrisdavinci:
Based on advise of a colleague in the school he asked me to mail the Dean of Graduate studies for available scholarship offers that matches my application and admission offer and yh I got it. Twas that simple. I was surprised myself. lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by francophone134: 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
Please can I go to the US to study master with my HND?? And if so, I beg d house which university will be good to apply to? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Congratulations

log1:

VO: Tell me your course plan
Me: I'm going to Montana Tech for master's degree in Geological Engineering, in this course I will be taking 20 credits of courseworks, 8 research thesis and 2 credits of graduate seminars.
VO:What courses will you take
ME: Slope stability design, Structural geology, Advanced engineering geology. I stopped while she continue to type.
VO:I see you have a tuition waiver, how did you get it
ME:The admission committee was impressed with my documents and also I was interviewed by my advisor who show great interest in me

The interview was short.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kallowdean(m): 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
francophone134:
Please can I go to the US to study master with my HND?? And if so, I beg d house which university will be good to apply to? Thanks
For you to be successfully admitted with an HND, you must combined it with your ND and also ensure you get a Foreign Credential Evaluation from NACES (preferably WES, ECE or depending on the Evaluation body chosen by the institution you intend to enroll).
Hint: Start WES early to evade unnecessary delay!
www.naces.org/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
electronic:
My brother you get taste.... But you better score 325 in gre 100+ in Toefl and above with 4.8GPA for CS...
All the Universities listed exempt Nigeria from writing TOEFL.
All the school are so competitive that's what you are saying bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
electronic:
LoL... for all the schools he still needs to write it to score more points... Plus competition is stiff! Let's us see his GRE and GPA first...
Bros i am ready to learn, tell me more.
GPA 3.91/5 GRE writing it soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
How much will it cost?
kallowdean:

For you to be successfully admitted with an HND, you must combined it with your ND and also ensure you get a Foreign Credential Evaluation from NACES (preferably WES, ECE or depending on the Evaluation body chosen by the institution you intend to enroll).
Hint: Start WES early to evade unnecessary delay!
www.naces.org/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
Helkayklassic:

Bros i am ready to learn, tell me more.

GPA 3.91/5
GRE writing it soon.

Head to WES and use their calculator to estimate your GPA in the 4.0 scale. You shld get like 3.28 or close. Now this is not so flashy for the schools you have chosen Bro.

Sorry you are applying In the mist of the most competitive course CS.....blame the ASIANS! cheesy

Now GRE you need like 164+ in quant and nothing less than 320 and above to safely rub shoulders with your counterparts who probably wrote GRE thrice!

TOEFL is piece of cake at this point Bro.

Head to
http://www.physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php?t=6459
http://www.mathematicsgre.com/viewtopic.php?t=3695

And see the results for your self to help curb your appetite. Please note this guys did not Fast and Pray for seven days! They just worked hard...

You should try and publish your undergraduate thesis atleast in a free journal...

Then head here and learn from the Master.

http://www.pgbovine.net/grad-school-app-tips.htm

At this point you can start thinking of Trying to compete...

But if you choose safer schools with such profile, you are KING. Go through the GRE thread and visa transcripts where peeps got funding and do your research!
No be you wan good school? (In AY voice)

Best of Luck
Drops Mic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abigalbee98(f): 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
greenhill:

Hello. Did she get the scholarship and admission?
I am asking because I got the President's Excellence scholarship. However, I called them earlier today and asked them for the I-20. They told me [/b]admission decision[b] has not yet come out. That they would send everyone's decisions in about 2-3 weeks. I also have a friend that was told the same thing.

So I just want to know if your niece got admitted.
Thanks.
send you a pm......pls reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abigalbee98(f): 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2017
chimsimdindu:
Pls House help me please. How is Alcorn state university Mississippi. My niece got admission. Full scholarship. Can she cope. She will be 17 by fall 2017.
send you a pm....pls reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kallowdean(m): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
anodebeanthony:
How much will itu cost?
You'll have to be active and Google WES to get facts.
The time I visited it was $205 for the WES ICAP, which is the most desired.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by abbeYhart(m): 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
Did you gt my PM...

obaxlove:
Hi guys,

Please help me out on what to do or school to apply to;
Qualifications;
ND statistics, '08 upper credit
Bsc Demography and social statistics '12 second class upper
Msc Demography and social statistics '17
Distinction
IELTS- 6.5 overall band.

Guys, pls kindly help.
Work experience
Bank - 1 yr
Transport company as a Logistics coordinator- 3 yrs still counting.

Proposed program
PhD or any MBA related to supply chain or Transport and logistics.

Pls kindly help me choice of schs that are cheaper or possibly grant, location with low cost of living and better choice of course.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
kallowdean:

You'll have to be active and Google WES to get facts.
The time I visited it was $205 for the WES ICAP, which is the most desired.

$205? wow!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.