Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,007 members, 7,806,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693013 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bolisticbond026: 1:58pm On May 13, 2017
Hello gurus in the house.I must say you guys are doing a great job may the good lord bless you all.I need serious help guys my problem is selection of schools that offer full funding in my area of interest.My prospective courses are Telecoms Engineering/Computer Network Engineering/Computer Network Security all are masters program.I will appreciate if i can get people in my area of interest that can recommend good schools that are generous with funding.Thanks in advance guys.Find below my profile:

BSC in Electronics and Computer Engineering (3.71/5.0 WES conversion 3.26/4.0)
Work Experience: 3 Years in IT industry
Professional Certification: Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching(CCNA R&S)
National Diploma: Electrical and Electronics Engineering(Upper Credit Division)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 2:35pm On May 13, 2017
sofadj:
Anyone trying to send money to Nigeria? I got some naira to exchange for dollar

@350 (Negotiable)

I sent you a PM. Please message me on WhatsApp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by SilaV: 3:20pm On May 13, 2017
SilaV:
Warm greetings to the wonderful people in here. I am in the process of booking my F1 visa interview appointment and it is required that I fill-in information about my dependents( wife and two kids) but their passports and 1-20s are not yet ready.Should I skip that page or wait till these documents are available before continuing with the booking? I f I do, hope it won't affect them when their documents are now available and they are to go for their interview. Actually,they are not going with me now but may join me later. In the I-20 issued to me, there is no expenses earmarked for my dependents because their passports were not yet ready,I was told by my school that they would issue their I-20s immediately I submit their passports.But since I don't have the intention of going with them for now, I have not bothered about their passports. Advise needed.

Anyone on this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 3:37pm On May 13, 2017
Vivianscott:
Thanks for responding, No GRE, NO TOEFL, Not from a reach family but trying to survive. based on work experience that is why am looking at environmental science. pls could you help me with schools that accept lower cgp.
Once I cross I will change career.

If you are not from a RICH family, how do you want to pay for your Fees? If you don't write GRE and TOEFL how do you want to outsmart the Competition for Funding? which is VERY tricky with a 2.2 sef lipsrsealed

Aunty if you want to take a risk without having the right packaging for VISA interview, carry ON! nothing is impossible....
for schools with enviromental you would spend at least a week searching for schools yourself it's the least you can do for your future.
Read this thread backwards and you would see links that has being shared over and over again for schools go state by state (try georgia,mississippi,tennessee,idaho,nebraska,Arkansas,Texas,montana etc). Head to the environmental department and check their entry level requirements.
Send a mail to the department and tell them of your background.
NB: you might be given conditional admission with prerequisites to take.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bobority: 4:17pm On May 13, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blueberry1305(f): 5:01pm On May 13, 2017
Guys ticket seems to be very expensives.... any suggestion, can someone book for me from US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:43pm On May 13, 2017
blueberry1305:
Guys ticket seems to be very expensives.... any suggestion, can someone book for me from US.
I heard you can pay offline with Qatar Airways offline at N306 per dollar. So check that out....Egypt air seems cheap too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by charzyh2: 6:49pm On May 13, 2017
blueberry1305:
Visa approved today 12-05-2017 after been denied last week. 7:00am appointment but I got to the embassy 9am. God is faithful. There is power in the name of Jesus. Tomorrow is my birthday. He is a miracle working God.

Transcript coming later

Please, post your interview transcript

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 7:06pm On May 13, 2017
Please gurus in this prestigious house I want to ask if it's possible to travel to Republic of Benin without my intl passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tomisinobm(m): 7:18pm On May 13, 2017
hello house, how easy would it be to get my drivers license in a state different from where I school?

thank you in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 7:51pm On May 13, 2017
Please gurus in this prestigious house I want to ask if it's possible to travel to Republic of Benin without my intl passport.??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:44pm On May 13, 2017
blueberry1305:
You just gotta keep searching for a cheaper one. All Naija airlines are bleeped up. I got my ticket to this place early this year around 790k for a one way ticket... Although its a nice airline sha..... Other ones i got that were cheap were around 500k and those ones would have stopover and i hate stopover so i decided to go for the expensive one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
You just gotta keep searching for a cheaper one. All Naija airlines are bleeped up. I got my ticket to this place early this year around 790k for a one way ticket... Although its a nice airline sha..... Other ones i got that were cheap were around 500k and those ones would have stopover and i hate stopover so i decided to go for the expensive one
But I keep seeing 250k to 370k ! Or am I in a dream? cool
Anybody can help confirm what the rates look like?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:22pm On May 13, 2017
electronic:

But I keep seeing 250k to 370k ! Or am I in a dream? cool
Anybody can help confirm what the rates look like?

Well you might be right. The prices flauntiates too. Those airlines don't really have stable prices. I guess they were so expensive when i was comin cos it was during festive period. But I'm sure you aint gonn enjoy your flight with those ones cos you gonn have a long stopover time and probably poor services while on the plane. I can make enquirers for you as you said though. Will get back to you if i get any info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 9:34pm On May 13, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
No Nigerian airline currently flies to United States. I don't think Arik has resumed its US flights. For a direct flight to the United states without any stopover, you must take any of the US based airlines- Delta, American, or United. And these US airlines are damn expensive. Other airlines to the US from Nigeria must have a stopover at their hub, before connecting to the United States. The Gulf carriers are very affordable and offer world class services. Gulf carriers include Emirates, Qatar, Etihad. Emirates still remains the best Airline in the world. I will be flying Emirates to the US by July. I got my ticket for #386,252. Lagos to JFK, with a stopover at Dubai.
Safe journey in advance to my fellow US bound students for Fall session!!!

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyroyalty: 9:36pm On May 13, 2017
electronic:
But I keep seeing 250k to 370k ! Or am I in a dream? cool Anybody can help confirm what the rates look like?
Replied your PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyroyalty: 9:37pm On May 13, 2017
electronic:
But I keep seeing 250k to 370k ! Or am I in a dream? cool Anybody can help confirm what the rates look like?
Replied your PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 9:38pm On May 13, 2017
Please gurus in this prestigious house I want to ask if it's possible to travel to Republic of Benin without my intl passport.??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:57pm On May 13, 2017
saninwa:

No Nigerian airline currently flies to United States. I don't think Arik has resumed its US flights. For a direct flight to the United states without any stopover, you must take any of the US based airlines- Delta, American, or United. And these US airlines are damn expensive. Other airlines to the US from Nigeria must have a stopover at their hub, before connecting to the United States. The Gulf carriers are very affordable and offer world class services. Gulf carriers include Emirates, Qatar, Etihad. Emirates still remains the best Airline in the world. I will be flying Emirates to the US by July. I got my ticket for #386,252. Lagos to JFK, with a stopover at Dubai.
Safe journey in advance to my fellow US bound students for Fall session!!!

Oh i never knew there aint no airline flyin to US presently. Yea i came with Delta airline early this year and its expensive like you said buh i loved the experience. I wish you a safe flight down here. God bless and keep you till then smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mayflowa(m): 10:00pm On May 13, 2017
blueberry1305:

Which flight do you find the lowest and how much? That is where we should start from?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 10:17pm On May 13, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Oh i never knew there aint no airline flyin to US presently. Yea i came with Delta airline early this year and its expensive like you said buh i loved the experience. I wish you a safe flight down here. God bless and keep you till then smiley
God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 10:24pm On May 13, 2017
For those looking for very cheap flights. Royal Air Maroc is always the cheapest flight to US from nija. Their fare barely cross 250k, or within that range, but I am sure it's not up to 300k. But be prepared for a stopover at Morocco. You will normally take a small boeing 737 to casablanca and then transfer to a boeing 787(dreamliner) or 777 to US. I can't really tell about their services, haven't flown with them before, but am sure they are putting in their best.

I still love Emirates grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 10:46pm On May 13, 2017
saninwa:
For those looking for very cheap flights. Royal Air Maroc is always the cheapest flight to US from nija. Their fare barely cross 250k, or within that range, but I am sure it's not up to 300k. But be prepared for a stopover at Morocco. You will normally take a small boeing 737 to casablanca and then transfer to a boeing 787(dreamliner) or 777 to US. I can't really tell about their services, haven't flown with them before, but am sure they are putting in their best.

I still love Emirates grin
And air maroc is like 17hours to JFK with stopover. Its shorter than it other Golf competitors and cheaper..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by charzyh2: 10:59pm On May 13, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

790k? I still don't see any reason why I should book a flight of 350k and above you must be O.B.O.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 11:07pm On May 13, 2017
electronic:

And air maroc is like 17hours to JFK with stopover. Its shorter than it other Golf competitors and cheaper..
It depends on your chosen itinerary and flight. They are cheaper yea. But for time, it depends on your chosen itinerary and flight.
The shortest time you can wait at Dubai through Emirates is 3hrs45mins before connecting to JFK, because their first flight to JFK everyday leaves by 8:30am, while the normal scheduled landing at Dubai from Lagos is always 4:45 am (all in local time of the city)
All New York flights are made with the A380 super jumbo. It's gona be a nice experience flying in a double decker plane!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by uso84: 11:49pm On May 13, 2017
Hello fam, am new here n u guys r all doing a wonderful job. God bless u real good. pls is it possible to go 4 PhD degree in marketing in d US, with a National Open university MSc certificate in business administration, marketing major?(GPA is 4.79). Is open uni cert recognised in d USA or do I just go 4 another MSc in marketing. Wont the VO question it? I also have Bsc in marketing with GPA of 4.40. I' m somehow confused fam.pls help...tnxalot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:08am On May 14, 2017
charzyh2:

790k? I still don't see any reason why I should book a flight of 350k and above you must be O.B.O.

Lol, its not about being O B O, its more about being comfortable in your flight. I knew the money was much, but i had no choice cos i wasn't ready to have a stressful flight down here. I really enjoyed the trip. 13 hours non stop, from Lagos to Atlanta, no stopover, I had good meals about 3 times while on the plane before i arrived here and we had the rights to order for more meals or drinks as well. Plus clean interiors, and accommodating flight crew. It was indeed worth it wink cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 12:22am On May 14, 2017
Please gurus in this prestigious house I want to ask if it's possible to travel to Republic of Benin without my intl passport.?

Someone should please answer me pleaseeeeee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:30am On May 14, 2017
Levels731:
Please gurus in this prestigious house I want to ask if it's possible to travel to Republic of Benin without my intl passport.?

Someone should please answer me pleaseeeeee

I never been to Benin Republic neither do i knw anything about there but saw this two old posts from 2015 .... it might be relevant to you

Harzontorh:

Benin republic is a good country, wish you all the best. Firstly,
1. You can go the through two means, either ur self or through big marcopolo buses. Going your self is cheaper. Just go to berger bustop in ojodu lagos or any good ones, like mile 2, agege, oshodi, but ojodu berger is good. Board a bus/danfo going to seme . Its normaly 800 or 1k. Take bike to cross the border. You dont need any thing except your id card, either national or student id or work . The bike to cross you will at most 500 and at least 200. He will settle minor guys with 50, 50 naira at borders, ask the bike man for seme garage. Take car to cotonou at most 5,000cfa thats like 1600 naira.
Note: once you pass the border try exchanging your currency as soon as possible. .

Harzontorh:

Document: Id card only ,no need to collect new passport. And if you already have, then Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:34am On May 14, 2017
saninwa:

It depends on your chosen itinerary and flight. They are cheaper yea. But for time, it depends on your chosen itinerary and flight.
The shortest time you can wait at Dubai through Emirates is 3hrs45mins before connecting to JFK, because their first flight to JFK everyday leaves by 8:30am, while the normal scheduled landing at Dubai from Lagos is always 4:45 am (all in local time of the city)
All New York flights are made with the A380 super jumbo. It's gona be a nice experience flying in a double decker plane!
Hey! I wanna ask a few questions. You ain't responding to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:38am On May 14, 2017
saninwa:

Not all Emirates flight connect JFK through Dubai only. They also get to Milan. It can be LOS>DXB>MXP>JFK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 1:03am On May 14, 2017
tomisinobm:
hello house, how easy would it be to get my drivers license in a state different from where I school?

thank you in advance.

Not easy, if at all possible, if you don't live in that state. You'd need to submit evidence of residency in the state you're trying to get a license from. Things like utility bill, bank account statements,USPS mail among others are things they typically ask for. Except you have at least two of those documents with addresses in that state, you won't be able to get it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.