Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (692220 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abigalbee98(f): 4:37pm On May 14, 2017
pls there is a guy here,we talk some week ago on whatsapp....if you are the one "hi"me...going to WNCC... I lost his contact.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 5:26pm On May 14, 2017
Michelleflores:
Hi everyone, I'm new here, have just been observing from the sidelines and finally decided to share my problem, the story is pretty long but I will make it short. my case is entirely different but I believe I can get some sort of advice from you guys, thanks a lot in anticipation of a reply. I used an agent to gain admission to a Sch in America, South Dakota state university brookings, I paid the agent and he toook care of everything, including the courier service, for sending the i20 to nigeria, I was offered admission for jan 2017, I went for the interview myself, and I was granted the visa, then I left for the U.S in December, on arrival in New York, I was told at the airport that my sevis was cancelled, I was shocked. the homeland security called the school to ask why, he was told that the agent paid the dhl fee with a credit card that wasn't his, so the owner of the credit card reported to the Sch, therefore they cancelled my admission. The officer asked if I could be let In so I can sort it out in Sch but they refused, so i was adviced to withdraw my application voluntarily and go get admission from another Sch and another visa, but there was no ban, I was sent back home. I have just recovered from it all now thinking on how to remedy my situation, till I stumbled on this page, now my problem is, I don't know whether to go right ahead and get another admission and go for another visa interview or to write a letter to the embassy in Nigeria explaining what happened, cos my visa was for two years, I need help guys.

Scrolling through the thread, I just found this... So sorry to hear about your predicaments. I'm really curious If the sevis ID you will be getting from your new admission will be the same with the last one you had issue with or will it be different sevis number?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 14, 2017
PrinceDekunle:
Hi guys, please how do I get to Walter Carrington from palmgrove/shomolu? Or if anyone can suggest a cheap hotel close to the embassy

Please help
If you are going from Palmgrove/shomolu you don't need a hotel. Just leave your house like 4:30am/5am..You should get there before 6am. Take a bus going to VI or Law school and stop at Checking point bus-stop just immediately after you descend from the bridge between VI and Ikoyi. Cross to the other side of the road and you will see the embassy car park. Make sure you tell the driver you will stop at checking point bus stop so that you are sure he will pass that route, some drivers might not pass that route.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 5:38pm On May 14, 2017
femi321:
If you are going from Palmgrove/shomolu you don't need a hotel. Just leave your house like 4:30am/5am..You should get there before 6am. Take a bus going to VI or Law school and stop at Checking point bus-stop just immediately after you descend from the bridge between VI and Ikoyi. Cross to the other side of the road and you will see the embassy car park. Make sure you tell the driver you will stop at checking point bus stop so that you are sure he will pass that route, some drivers might not pass that route.

Thanks a lot, but I can't see VI direct from palmgrove. what if I find my way to Oshodi or yaba will I see from there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 5:51pm On May 14, 2017
234ng44uk:
Can someone please recommend graduate schools still accepting application for Fall 2017 and with at least 50% chance of funding.
UG GPA: 4.0
MSc GPA: 3.4
GRE: 153/157/4.0 (V/Q/AW)
Intended Programme: PhD Mechanical/Materials Engineering.
I've checked MUST stats on gradcafe for my programme, no one claimed to have ever received funding. Your kind suggestions please.
You could check out University of New Orleans.....they are still accepting application for fall 2017, though I don't know d probability of getting funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 14, 2017
All the schools I applied waived Toefl and IELTS. Nigeria is an English speaking country, even when some schools will say they need it. All I need to do is to draft a mail to the admission officer and get him to waive it for me.
Ceejayo:

Hello house, I have just being offered a waiver for TOEFL by my institution, I was told my county has English as the sole official language. Please what are the implications, should I still apply for the exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by funkyQuest: 5:56pm On May 14, 2017
Please how do I get to the US Embassy in Lagos if I'm driving from Akoka, Yaba. Easiest route please. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2017
seeker88:

You could check out University of New Orleans.....they are still accepting application for fall 2017, though I don't know d probability of getting funding.
Thanks for your suggestion. But I've contacted that school.
I emailed their​ graduate school since 7th April for enquiry, no response.
I emailed the grad cord for my programme on 8th April, no response.
Then a week later I received this email from them
"
Congratulations! Your exceptional graduate application has been nominated for a Master’s Award Scholarship to the University of New Orleans.
The award process was particularly competitive this year, and we are pleased to extend this offer to such a qualified candidate.
What does it cover?
Your scholarship pays for tuition and graduate enhancement fees during the academic year (fall and spring)".
I surmise that they are confused and unserious. I don't want to attend that kind of university.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 6:30pm On May 14, 2017
234ng44uk:

Thanks for your suggestion. But I've contacted that school.
I emailed their​ graduate school since 7th April for enquiry, no response.
I emailed the grad cord for my programme on 8th April, no response.
Then a week later I received this email from them
"
I surmise that they are confused and unserious. I don't want to attend that kind of university.

Yea, I got d same email from them, even though I didn't apply. They also sent another email asking me to ignore the offer that it was in error....lol. Though I started an application for fall 2016 then which I never submitted...I guess that's how they got my info. I contacted them with regards to d offer oo.....and they apologised that it was system error cheesy cheesy. God dey!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 6:35pm On May 14, 2017
seeker88:

Yea, I got d same email from them, even though I didn't apply. They also sent another email asking me to ignore the offer that it was in error....lol. Though I started an application for fall 2016 then which I never submitted...I guess that's how they got my info. I contacted them with regards to d offer oo.....and they apologised that it was system error cheesy cheesy. God dey!
Exactly the same situation here. I started an application which I didn't complete because they refused to reply their emails. Then came the "congratulations" email out of the blue moon, followed by a "sorry, the email is not for you". I smell scam or pure incompetence at UNO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 6:43pm On May 14, 2017
234ng44uk:

Exactly the same situation here. I started an application which I didn't complete because they refused to reply their emails. Then came the "congratulations" email out of the blue moon, followed by a "sorry, the email is not for you". I smell scam or pure incompetence at UNO.
I smell someone hustling to pay tuition for that semester grin grin or maybe revenge scam at two people from a well known topography... I don't even know what I'm saying grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2017
234ng44uk:

Lol. But if dem give u full funding, u no go collect am? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 6:57pm On May 14, 2017
blueberry1305:

Royal Air Maroc i saw which is the cheapest in AUg is about 34hrs trip i can imagine such a long trip. Is still around 374k
That's quite height for Royal Air Maroc.....I saw d cheapest around 228k with Egypt air. Royal air maroc is even below 300k....all in August. Rate is a bit lower in July sef.....check d link below.
https://travelden.com/flight/result/international

I've not tried booking via this travelden before, those who are already booking their flight can confirm that these rates are real.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 6:58pm On May 14, 2017
Teedawg:

I smell someone hustling to pay tuition for that semester grin grin or maybe revenge scam at two people from a well known topography... I don't even know what I'm saying grin
Revenge scam? LOL. Well, whatever the situation is -incompetence, scam, revenge scam etc, this isn't a good university.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 14, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Thanks a lot, but I can't see VI direct from palmgrove. what if I find my way to Oshodi or yaba will I see from there?
Of course, Go to oshodi under bridge..you can board lekki/Ajah bus too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:28pm On May 14, 2017
Justicr:

Thanks.

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:29pm On May 14, 2017
jeffery23:

please how can I get your contact, want to register for this offer thanks

You send me private message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:32pm On May 14, 2017
SilaV:
Warm greetings to the wonderful people in here. I am in the process of booking my F1 visa interview appointment and it is required that I fill-in information about my dependents( wife and two kids) but their passports and 1-20s are not yet ready.Should I skip that page or wait till these documents are available before continuing with the booking? I f I do, hope it won't affect them when their documents are now available and they are to go for their interview. Actually,they are not going with me now but may join me later. Advise needed.

Is better you fill it even though they are not going with you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:33pm On May 14, 2017
olumighty25:
please walspring inbox chrisadewale05@yahoo.com i want to enrol.

Check your email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:39pm On May 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Lol, its not about being O B O, its more about being comfortable in your flight. I knew the money was much, but i had no choice cos i wasn't ready to have a stressful flight down here. I really enjoyed the trip. 13 hours non stop, from Lagos to Atlanta, no stopover, I had good meals about 3 times while on the plane before i arrived here and we had the rights to order for more meals or drinks as well. Plus clean interiors, and accommodating flight crew. It was indeed worth it wink cool

I must get this experience too one day..

Thank God for this

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:40pm On May 14, 2017
Levels731:
Please gurus in this prestigious house I want to ask if it's possible to travel to Republic of Benin without my intl passport.??

Your mission and duration determine this if I would advise so can you state it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:42pm On May 14, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Scrolling through the thread, I just found this... So sorry to hear about your predicaments. I'm really curious If the sevis ID you will be getting from your new admission will be the same with the last one you had issue with or will it be different sevis number?

Yes and no..

Some school can still use the first one or they change it to a new one for you. It all depend on your school policy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:44pm On May 14, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Take yaba and from yaba you take obalende and from obalende you take VI and drop at check point..

This is just addition to what femi321 posted for you..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:46pm On May 14, 2017
funkyQuest:
Please how do I get to the US Embassy in Lagos if I'm driving from Akoka, Yaba. Easiest route please. Thanks

You can make use of google map.. But pass through sabo yaba route and link to the third mainland bridge..

Am sure from there you can get the route if not make use of your Google map to navigate your way..

When you get to Bonny camp just turn from there as if you are going back to where you coming from, immediately the turning start looking at your right hand side and you see a gate where cars are entering and that's the US embassy car park
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:53pm On May 14, 2017
charzyh2:
Anyone staying close to VI?

Yes ooo

Just go to bourdillon street and am sure they will ask you to stay over night without pay and even give your transport back to where you are coming from..

gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:54pm On May 14, 2017
blueberry1305:

The least i saw was 374k which is Royal Air Maroc. Also i want to ask....will there any issue if someone book a flight for me from US. I heard they dont allow booking of flight online from US for someone departing from Nig. How true is this

As long as the payment is genuine and confirm then you don't have an issue at all..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:56pm On May 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Wow you mean till August before that flight can leave there and its 374k for 34hours flight? Thats why i said Nigerian airlines are fcked up. Cant imagine being on a trip for that long duration. I giess you just have to make use of that if theres no better alternative but i doubt if there won't be. I suggest you Keep making more enquiries

Stop saying Nigeria airlines are bad if you don't understand how flight work..

Lemme ask if royal air Maroc or emirate or etihad and Qatar owns by Nigeria government or business mogul in Nigeria ?

Layover at the airline countries are the reasons why the flight duration are longer than expected..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by duduafri: 8:41pm On May 14, 2017
Hello,

Sorry to hear about this.

I think the best way to address your case is to apply for another I20 as it will come with another Sevis ID. Also, try and get someone in the US to pay your sevis fee for you via western Union platform. It with reflect immediately.

And lastly, I think you should sue the agent to show that he didn't act on your instruction. Also, this will help you proof your case further at the embassy when you reapply for another F1.

Most importantly, pray to God for direction and I believe nothing happens by accident. God will guide you and grant you favour. Its could be really challenging.

PrinceDekunle:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 9:15pm On May 14, 2017
duduafri:
Hello,

Sorry to hear about this.

I think the best way to address your case is to apply for another I20 as it will come with another Sevis ID. Also, try and get someone in the US to pay your sevis fee for you via western Union platform. It with reflect immediately.

And lastly, I think you should sue the agent to show that he didn't act on your instruction. Also, this will help you proof your case further at the embassy when you reapply for another F1.

Most importantly, pray to God for direction and I believe nothing happens by accident. God will guide you and grant you favour. Its could be really challenging.

You are quoting the wrong person bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 9:30pm On May 14, 2017
Brian10:

Hey! I wanna ask a few questions. You ain't responding to me
I replied your pm. I guess

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.