Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (686610 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 23, 2017
OGreene:
From the little I have read about US visa applications, if a VO denies you the first time, they prefer another VO interviews you the second time. I remember one guy that went a second time and he told the VO "you interviewed me last time". The VO said okay that he will let his colleague interview him this time.

So if you meet the same VO that denied you before, please tell him you met him/her before, you will be taken to another VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 23, 2017
Any Nairalander here at the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
Rily? Thank God..let me tell my Iowa people to check travelbeta then

Tell them to make their bookings in the morning from 6-9am- Nigerian time as prices have been noticed to fall by 70k during those periods, only to increase later on during the day. I've noticed this on travelbeta.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gentledoj(m): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2017
OluDare01:

Sevis fee is $200, the Western Union charges $10 making $210. I can help you make the payment, send me a pm let's talk about the rate

Longest time at OluDare01, pls pm me ur contact.... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gentledoj(m): 8:06am On Jun 23, 2017
Finally am back, thanks to dis family.....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chinewon88(m): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2017
donanod:

Thanks for your contribution. I doubt we're talking about the same school though. If I'm not mistaken, the one you're referring to is located in Oakland, California whereas my question was in relation to the one in Pennsylvania.

OK thanks for pointing out the difference.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2017
Folsy:

Tell them to make their bookings in the morning from 6-9am- Nigerian time as prices have been noticed to fall by 70k during those periods, only to increase later on during the day. I've noticed this on travelbeta.
Wow, thanks so much...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 23, 2017
TWoods:

This from the guy who was just looking to "get laid"... funny how desperation and lack turns us into emergency "christians".

Can I pm you bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 10:10am On Jun 23, 2017
segunojo866:
I wonder how much walspring,texrem and Lagosismyhome is earning from nairaland. Just calculate all the wes,application fee and visa fee payment. This is good business o. I used to think they are helping people for free but their making good profit here. Congrats. Or are you telling the payment are free?
This guy what the hell is your issue? This isn't your class whatsapp group, you don't just come here and start yarning rubbish. No one here cares about your dry and irksome jokes. Keep them to yourself, talk about things the group is about or stfu. You think this is your high school or University whatsapp group that you can say whatever comes to your head? Get a chill pill and rest. You're probably going for an undergrad degree because it can't be MS and you're acting like this. You've not even done your interview and you're fiddle-footed. Behave or stfu dude.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 10:19am On Jun 23, 2017
martclems:
I've had two visa rejections in two months(may and june) and school resumes in September, I still have July and August to reapply. Are there still any chances of me getting my visa approved if I reapply the third time and is there a particular way I can go about it?

Pls what should I do... Thanks.
You can apply anytime as long as you're ready. No one will stop you from applying 5 times sef. Just work on all your flaws and it'll be fine. The chances of getting yours is still the same with someone going for the first time and you already have lil experience. Because every interview is done independently of the previous one you had. So just know where you messed up the last time. Do mock interviews, have good answers to all the questions that you've seen in people's transcripts.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by moravelu: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2017
Visa approved today
Hallelujah. thanks to everyone who encourage me and asked me to prepare my self and fireoff again.

Rejected on monday 19 June
Approved friday 22 June 6:30 interview

I was rejected on monday because I had applied a second bsc in a totally different field from sceince to religious studies.

To cut it short, I prayed very hard and I told God that only white papers will be issued until it gets to my turn, na so e happen oh, but only for windows 7 (if im correct) a white man probably 40s, first guy white paper, second white paper, me third white paper also.

See my transcript.

Vo: Good morning, pass me your i20 and passport
Me: here it is, and how was your night
Vo: fine thank you

Vo: why this school?
Me: I will give u two reasons, first the school is engineered to produce graduating students who are both fit to become ministers and christian educators, for me this is killing two birds with one stone (vo cuts in)

Vo: and how is that?
Me: Based on the curriculum
Vo: Tell me about the curriculum?
Me: The have programs like cross cultural ministry (for ministers) and comparative theology (for educators)

Vo: How many school did you apply
Me: 2
Vo: why this one?
Me: the have missionary trips...., mentored ministry..., practical ministry training...., all programs are based on the bible no mix up with ecumenism or scientology
Before I finish vo cuts in

Vo: pick up your visa in three days time
Me: Dancing lagbaja, praising God,
Na so e end oh, leave boyfriend and Girlfriend matter eh no dey pay, Na baba Jesu way sure pass. His words never fail.

Thank you all

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by peppo4live: 11:00am On Jun 23, 2017
moravelu:
Visa approved today
Hallelujah. thanks to everyone who encourage me and asked me to prepare my self and fireoff again.

I was rejected on monday because I had applied a second bsc in a totally different field from sceince to religious studies.

To cut it short, I prayed very hard and I told God that only white papers will be issued until it gets to my turn, na so e happen oh, but only for windows 7 (if im correct) a white man probably 40s, first guy white paper, second white paper, me third white paper also.

See my transcript.

Me: I will give u two reasons, first the school is engineered to produce graduating students who are both fit to become ministers and christian educators, for me this is killing two birds with one stone (vo cuts in)

Me: The have programs like cross cultural ministry (for ministers) and comparative theology (for educators)

Me: the have missionary trips...., mentored ministry..., practical ministry training...., all programs are based on the bible no mix up with ecumenism or scientology

Na so e end oh, leave boyfriend and Girlfriend matter eh no dey pay, Na baba Jesu way sure pass. His words never fail.

Thank you all
anything is possible is the atmosphere created by God and stirred by the Spirit. congratulations and I connect to your testimony. God bless u

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 11:05am On Jun 23, 2017
moravelu:
Visa approved today

See my transcript.

Thank you all

Congrats man!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by RichieBasi22(m): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2017
log1:

Since funding is key in your case, spring admission cycle is not the best because funding is limited compare to fall. The first thing now is to ace your GRE and IELTS since you are aiming for a "top up program". Plan also to evaluate your HND transcript. Read the link below

http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2016/09/ibrahim-waziri-from-hnd-in-nigeria-to.html

Thanks Man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Okobana: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2017
hello evryone;i nid info about diploma programmes in usa.the requirements and d possibl cost .tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gentledoj(m): 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
Anybody at North Carolina Central University schooling in d house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

if you're looking to Get into a Good school that will get you a good job after grad school and possibly put you on the path to permanent residency,then for the love of God make una no dey look for GRE waiver.... Think about life after Grad school if you end up going to some no name school with meagre funding .
cc Twoods

Indeed! Too often people are looking at short term gains. Ability to obtain work visas and work-dependent green cards will only get tougher in future. That school that did not require a GRE or had more lenient entry requirements may not be the best investment of your time and money when you need to get a job.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
donanod:

I appreciate your candid response. But just for some more clarity, the school I'm referring to is ranked #20 on usnews.com's HBCU ranking.

What's the national ranking though? I'm not trying to scare you but simply telling you what i've experienced. I am currently coordinating hiring for this year in my department and i will not mince words, the school you attended and the quality of the program, was one of the main criteria we used to decide whether to advance a candidate or not. Think for a second, you apply for a job, you're from Lincoln and the next guy went to Penn State... you bet the Penn State guy is getting a more favorable view than you anyday.

I will not tell you that Lincoln is a bad school, but think very carefully. You want a job in a top company here... choose wisely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
Okobana:
hello evryone;i nid info about diploma programmes in usa.the requirements and d possibl cost .tanks
Google it first. People here knew it too by using search engines. If you google it, you'll have an idea of what it's about so when you ask questions that are worthwhile here, you'd key into the answers you get quickly. And nobody would tell you the requirements because it varies from school to school, same with the cost. So use your qualifications to search for these things and then you can come back to ask worthwhile questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by martclems: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
gaviria:

You can apply anytime as long as you're ready. No one will stop you from applying 5 times sef. I got mine the third time. Just work on all your flaws and it'll be fine. The chances of getting yours is still the same with someone going for the first time and you already have lil experience. Because every interview is done independently of the previous one you had. So just know where you messed up the last time. Do mock interviews, have good answers to all the questions that you've seen in people's transcripts.

These two rejections have been at the US embassy in Lagos. Will you advice I try the embassy in Abuja this third time or still go to the one in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by snazzy501(m): 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hello please the gurus in the house i need your assistance..... i had to create a nairaland profile because am not a member....i would like to study an engineering degree from the US, and i am starting fresh i.e just with my 0 levels result i have no ideal on what are the requirements and an affordable university too thanks...
cc justwise
cc log1
cc gaviria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jonmayer: 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
Visa approved today @ Lagos Embassy, 7am. I never expected it to be that short. I've been a silent observer here for about 2 months now and this is my first post. Here goes..
Vo: (after looking at my i20) so, which of the areas in Electrical Engineering are you interested in?
Me: Renewable Energy
Vo: okay (nods and types for a few), so why did you decide on Renewable Energy?
Me: (deep breath) okay, so I chose Renewable Energy cos it's part of my long term career goal to invest in the power sector of my home country by establishing a start up that will provide photo-efficient solar panels and it's accompanying devices to generate electricity for domestic homes and small retail stores (she kept nodding all through)
Vo: okay (types for a while again), so why Portland State University?
Me: I chose Portland State for a number of reasons actually. First of all, the school operates the quarter calendar system which is faster since classes run all year long. Secondly, my Dept offers to teach embedded systems programming as part of the Renewable Energy graduate track, which is quite rare, and learning to program an embedded system will make me a more versatile MSc holder (I was expecting her to cut me short but she kept listening and smiling, typing intermittently...I started smiling back and almost stopped talking but decided to finish...gave the last reason about research stuff).
She handed me my i20, SEVIS and collection slip and said the usual "...3 working days...need this at the airport... " I didn't hear cos she spoke fast and in a low tone.
So, that's it.
I noticed alot of people being denied today for avoidable reasons. Guys, cover your grounds. Don't just go cos people are going. It's good to pray, but work also (I did both). I learned today that the first few secs determine alot, your appearance and demeanor also, you don't want to create a negative impression before you even get to speak. The interview is not as dreadful as alot of you describe it to be. Good luck to prospective applicants.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
martclems:

These two rejections have been at the US embassy in Lagos. Will you advice I try the embassy in Abuja this third time or still go to the one in Lagos.
It doesn't matter what embassy you go. If you know what you're going there to say, you'll get it. If you go to Abuja and still say the same thing again, you might be delayed again. So it's not by the consulate you visit. It's about being prepared and God's grace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jonmayer: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
By the way,
BEng 2015 3.22/5
GRE V160 Q157 AW3.0
TOEFL 101.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Jonmayer:
By the way,
BEng 2015 3.22/5
GRE V160 Q157 AW3.0
TOEFL 101.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
smithsydny:
Interview was for this morning at the Italian embassy. I later found out that my bank statement has issues.. Nah run I run ooo..

Its not like USA that u can reapply anytime. Make i dey pray and fast for better statement of account and Gods grace. I will get shengen visa this year..

Amen

Hahaha, you sef

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hello y'll.. Please who's gt links for accommodation in Johnson city, TN preferably close to ETSU.

thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.