Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693186 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tobe4real(m): 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
Ignorance is a chronic disease.
When I see people argue blindly here,I shake my head.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kagame: 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
234ng44uk:

Misleading? You are the one misleading here. The bolded for one is a lie from the pit of hell. Stop the reference to fictitious people. From part 1 to part 11 of this thread, thousands of posts, no one ever claimed to receive full funding with that score. Please don't stand in the way of others success. She clearly has the ability to do better, encourage her to do so otherwise she will be here this time next year lamenting on securing admissions without funding.

You are obviously very ignorant to think people cannot secure funding with that profile and despite validation from other people on the possibility you are still arguing and pontificating like you know what goes on in all the grad schools in the US.

It's even funnier when you mention this thread as evidence to support your claim.Do you really think all prospective applicants from Nigeria pass through nairaland? lol.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
234ng44uk:

Oga, read my earlier post. I said "Her only bet are schools that do not accept GRE". And clearly
Kean University does not. So with 0 GRE masquellet would still gain admission and funding perhaps. Let's call a spade a spade, enough of this unnecessary debate, 291 will never ever secure full funding in a school that requires GRE.

http://grad.kean.edu/masters-programs/computer-information-systems
I tried to avoid this unnecessary argument but it seems, we need to get somethings clear.
whether Kean university requires 0 or 291 GRE score, d aforementioned person is already on a full GA in US school. it's non of our business to determine d factor that got him/her that. And besides Full scholarship ride is dependent on so many factors apart from d GRE...what about those who have/had stellar profile and still didn't get into a safe school? Bro, we've seen it here! Yes, I got ur point,if he/she has a great GRE score, it might increase someone chances of securing a full funding in top US schools...
My best friend scored 298 and he's currently on a full funding ride at Georgia Southern University (and his dept requires GRE score)..He never expected it, but, it happened! Alas!
Tho, I'm still a prospective candidate but that's my 2cents.
No disrespect bro.
Shalom!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
I don't like commenting about school ranking and stuffs. But I personally know someone that studied engineering in Morgan state university, then got HI-B and a fully funded PHD in duke. However the person opted for the H1-B and let the PHD go. Morgan state uni is not even a ranked school. So a lot of things determine success in the USA.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yemiosinbajo: 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
Pls guys in the US, answer this question: when you get to your airport in JFK, New York; can they allow you to stay at the airport till the following morning if you intend to book and follow another plane to another state in the US the following day? Or will they force you out of the airport same day you arrive to go and rent a hotel till the next day?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
Kagame:

You are obviously very ignorant to think people cannot secure funding with that profile and despite validation from other people on the possibility you are still arguing and pontificating like you know what goes on in all the grad schools in the US.

It's even funnier when you mention this thread as evidence to support your claim.Do you really think all prospective applicants from Nigeria pass through nairaland? lol.

A typical Nigerian, resulting to name calling to drive home his point. After reading that bolded nothing else you wrote matters so didn't bother reading. Think, talk. There's a purpose why think comes before talk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
Walspring:

Lol... Money order nah wasting of time ooo.. US

how many days does this (Money order) take to be processed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kagame: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
yemiosinbajo:
Pls guys in the US, answer this question: when you get to your airport in JFK, New York; can they allow you to stay at the airport till the following morning if you intend to book and follow another plane to another state in the US the following day? Or will they force you out of the airport same day you arrive to go and rent a hotel till the next day?

You can chill at the airport while you wait for your flight.You can also go into NYC and have a feel of the town if you wish.You get free wifi at JFK for 30mins or so after which you have to pay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
yemiosinbajo:
Once you land, you are on your own. You can decide to sleep at the airport,no one will query you so far you don't have any contraband item with you. You can also move from one terminal to the other using the Air Train just for sight seeing. The Air Train is free withing the Terminals anyway should you decide to burn time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
ridsan4real:

I tried to avoid this unnecessary argument but it seems, we need to get somethings clear.
whether Kean university requires 0 or 291 GRE score, d aforementioned person is already on a full GA in US school. it's non of our business to determine d factor that got him/her that. And besides Full scholarship ride is dependent on so many factors apart from d GRE...what about those who have/had stellar profile and still didn't get into a safe school? Bro, we've seen it here! Yes, I got ur point,if he/she has a great GRE score, it might increase someone chances of securing a full funding in top US schools...
My best friend scored 298 and he's currently on a full funding ride at Georgia Southern University (and his dept requires GRE score)..He never expected it, but, it happened! Alas!
Tho, I'm still a prospective candidate but that's my 2cents.
No disrespect bro.
Shalom!
Your point? Your GRE score doesn't really matter, it is "grace" that does matter. We all should join MFM to secure fully funded admission to credible universities irrespective of GRE scores.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pennstate(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
These are the reasons certain individuals uses BLEEP/Bleep Schools, the guy is busy enjoying his program, some person(s) are busy questioning how he got funding with a certain GRE score. Na wa for una here oh.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by malory84: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
Pls someone wants to know how she can pay her SEVIS fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by malory84: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
Pls how do I pay SEVIS fee in the US and get an instant confirmation order. Heard money order takes a longer time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
malory84:
Pls how do I pay SEVIS fee in the US and get an instant confirmation order. Heard money order takes a longer time.
Go to any western union agent near you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
234ng44uk:

A typical Nigerian, resulting to name calling to drive home his point. After reading that bolded nothing else you wrote matters so didn't bother reading. Think, talk. There's a purpose why think comes before talk.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
Teedawg:

Sir I get your point but with all due respect all the private mock interviews that have been going on before now hasn't in any way hinder the progress of this thread . we do it privately and still comeback here to contribute. ..there are a some things that cant be done here openly such as transactions . I believe the pm was created for a reason to so its our right to decide where we choose share our information as its suits our comfortability ..there are some personal stuff that goes on behind the scene that need not be discussed openly . there's a different between the past and the future we cannot continue to use old methods to tackle the same challenges .. we are evolving tongue grin wink

#word

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
234ng44uk:

Misleading? You are the one misleading here. The bolded for one is a lie from the pit of hell. Stop the reference to fictitious people. From part 1 to part 11 of this thread, thousands of posts, no one ever claimed to receive full funding with that score. Please don't stand in the way of others success. She clearly has the ability to do better, encourage her to do so otherwise she will be here this time next year lamenting on securing admissions without funding.
Do not say things you're not certain about. You've not being there so just state your opinion not say it like it's a fact. You said it like you're a graduate coordinator or the dean of a department. People have gotten funding with low GRE, GRE alone is not what gets people admission or funding. So many factors are considered and it's even on some schools website and everywhere online. It depends on the competitiveness of the school and program. So Even with the 310 you scored in your GRE you still won't get admission in a number of schools not to talk of funding. So just chill sir.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
Joshnerl:
Hello everyone
I went for my visa interview on the 14th June 2017, I was denied.
Window 1 a lady in her late 20cs. Named Amanda.
Me: Good morning ma'am
V.o: (no reply) pass Me you passport please

V.o; where you going to study
Me : Jacksonville College
V.o: what course
Me: pre- engineering on associate
V.o: why this course
Me: (explained(
V.o: ( gave me a big smile) so you graduated from secondary school in 2013
Me: yes July 2013
V.o: what have you been doing since then
Dunno what came over me here. Maybe the environment was cold or sumtin...
Me: I have been working from home
V.o :typing for like 1min.
Me: at that point I got myself.. working from home for about 3weeks now.i been writing jamb (v.o) cut it
Sorry Joseph you do not qualify for visa today blue slip.

Can I reapply again what if they refer me to my previous answer

Refire man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
gaviria:

Do not say things you're not certain about. You've not being there so just state your opinion not say it like it's a fact. You said it like you're a graduate coordinator or the dean of a department. People have gotten funding with low GRE, GRE alone is not what gets people admission or funding. So many factors are considered and it's even on some schools website and everywhere online. It depends on the competitiveness of the school and program. So Even with the 310 you scored in your GRE you still won't get admission in a number of schools not to talk of funding. So just chill sir.
I can't remember posting my GRE score here but you got it, it was a 310 and it's embarrassing to me. I've secured unfunded PhD admission since then to a competitive school despite applying several months outside admission window. Look, a great GPA is not good enough, that's my point. I will rewrite my GRE because 310 can't fly. My sister, not everyone wants to study at Kean University or a Morgan state something. No disrespect to those studying there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hope you realize masters and PHD are two different things. It's easier to get a fully funded masters program with a low GRE score but I don't think that applies to PHD. Don't be too obsessed over ranking. I just gave an example of someone that studied engineering in an Unranked school. This person could not even secure GA from Nigeria , had a 2.2 in Nigeria but at the end secured a very good job in the US after school, got H1-B and and also a fully funded PHD program in duke. So allow people to go to what ever school they have opportunity to go do (especially whn funded). There it's never black and white, what works for A might not work for B. So enough of this.
234ng44uk:

I can't remember posting my GRE score here but you got it, it was a 310 and it's embarrassing to me. I've secured unfunded PhD admission since then to a competitive school despite applying several months outside admission window. Look, a great GPA is not good enough, that's my point. I will rewrite my GRE because 310 can't fly. My sister, not everyone wants to study at Kean University or a Morgan state something. No disrespect to those studying there.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
joeluv:
Hope you realize masters and PHD are two different things. It's easier to get a fully funded masters program with a low GRE score but I don't think that applies to PHD. Don't be too obsessed over ranking. I just gave an example of someone that studied engineering in an Unranked school. This person could not even secure GA from Nigeria , had a 2.2 in Nigeria but at the end secured a very good job in the US after school, got H1-B and and also a fully funded PHD program in duke. So allow people to go to what ever school they have opportunity to go do (especially whn funded). There it's never black and white, what works for A might not work for B. So enough of this.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
if given the opportunity to fly (probably private jet) or use a public bus to undertake an international journey.... everyone would definitely chose the jet even though the bus would definitely still get to the required destination .... Funding and Top schools are means to an end , but they are the best possible means, and it definitely wouldn't hurt to have the best and hitch free road to a successful career.
cc
234ng44uk

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
justwise:

Please stop asking people to pm you for an interview, try as much as you can to answer question regarding interviews openly here, this is an interactive forum.

There is nothing about visa interview that can not be discussed openly here

Thank you.

It's okay Justwise. I will stop asking people to Pm me. Noted. However, if anybody is in need of my help, Please dont hesitate to ask me. Feel free. . Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
234ng44uk:
Can someone please recommend graduate schools still accepting application for Fall 2017 and with at least 50% chance of funding.
UG GPA: 4.0
MSc GPA: 3.4
GRE: 153/157/4.0 (V/Q/AW)
Intended Programme: PhD Mechanical/Materials Engineering.
I've checked MUST stats on gradcafe for my programme, no one claimed to have ever received funding. Your kind suggestions please.
Here it is. Your Quantitative needs to go above 160. And I'm a guy smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
gaviria:

That was not the point initially. This is your own point sir.

I wrote missing A point, not THE point.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
texrem:

Refire man
mr texrem please I need mock test my interview date is fast approaching...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by malory84: 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
OluDare01:

Go to any western union agent near you

How do you mean? Western union agent here in the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
gaviria:

Oh, I see! You should have told me then that I need above 160. Contrary to the norm, some of us like being told the truth. Anyway, I'm preparing for another test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
gaviria:

World people..... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2017
Thanks everyone for your subtle corrections (and otherwise). We learn everyday and I've learnt a thing or two today

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

World people..... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Lol. cheesy He wants to rewrite GRE and since he's doing that, it's better he does it right and better that his previous performance. Doesn't change my stance that people get what they desire with a lower than 310 GRE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.