Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693148 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ponpon(m): 8:03am On Feb 24, 2017
djmakson:

Why do you want to verify by post when it can be done via that same email you want to avoid reaching your registrar? It's so simple. Put a call through to WES asking for the date a verification email was sent to your school/registrar. That's what your registrar or whoever is in charge of the school email needs to find your WES email quickly and respond. I understand how expensive it is to call WES from Nigeria because it takes time before the call is answered. You can pm your WES ref # and I'll call them on your behalf.

Call wes, maybe they would pick up when dollar becomes a naira. Presently I have someone in thick issue with wes. She would waste airtime only for them to tell her to mail that they don't reply. They have verified documents, now they are doing reverification. She has sent her transcripts to wes since November, now nothing!. She even paid extra 70$ for them to use courier in making things faster till now they do like it's a robot that does the evaluation.

Wes service has been really bad recently. But if you have a way of reaching them faster I would appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iekene(m): 8:04am On Feb 24, 2017
TWoods:

IGlobal university? Where is that?

New Uni, No Recognition,No experienced manpower and resources available, very poor performance, simply business college ,wastage of money n time - Google Review
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 24, 2017
sobastical:

Welcome baba... how far na?
still on the hustle oo.. But its moving fine for fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 8:55am On Feb 24, 2017
djmakson:

Why do you want to verify by post when it can be done via that same email you want to avoid reaching your registrar? It's so simple. Put a call through to WES asking for the date a verification email was sent to your school/registrar. That's what your registrar or whoever is in charge of the school email needs to find your WES email quickly and respond. I understand how expensive it is to call WES from Nigeria because it takes time before the call is answered. You can pm your WES ref # and I'll call them on your behalf.

Thank you for that.Verification is complete though,whats left is for my school to reply WES by sending back the verified copy of transcript.i am looking at paying the guy in charge to use courier instead of the normal NIPOST.but want to verify if this can be a problem.i sent you a PM by the way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 9:25am On Feb 24, 2017
smithsydny:
still on the hustle oo.. But its moving fine for fall

Cool bro, God will perfect it all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 24, 2017
sobastical:

Cool bro, God will perfect it all
how your own
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walewummi: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2017
Hi all, are there any university that can take a CGPA of 3.55/5 for Msc degree in a science field?

I already did toefl. Doing gre soon. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 24, 2017
Walewummi:
Hi all, are there any university that can take a CGPA of 3.55/5 for Msc degree in a science field?

I already did toefl. Doing gre soon. Thanks.

3.55/5 is above the required GPA for a good number of schools. So now you'll need to make a list of schools that offer your desired program and then continue to reduce the list by such factors as

1-Funding opportunity
2-Ranking of program
3-Job prospects after graduation
4-Environmental factors
5-Tuition and Living expenses

This list is actually endless but I'm sure you get the idea. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walewummi: 11:40am On Feb 24, 2017
fredoricko:

3.55/5 is above the required GPA for a good number of schools. So now you'll need to make a list of schools that offer your desired program and then continue to reduce the list by such factors as

1-Funding opportunity
2-Ranking of program
4-Environmental factors

Thanks for the response.

I saw requirements of A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) and 3.0 in the major.

How do I convert to this 4 scale GPA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walewummi: 11:41am On Feb 24, 2017
fredoricko:

1-Funding opportunity
2-Ranking of program
4-Environmental factors

Thanks for the response.

I saw requirement of A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) and 3.0 in the major.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2017
Walewummi:

Thanks for the response.

I saw requirement of A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) and 3.0 in the major.

You're welcome.

You can get an estimate of what your GPA would be on a 4 point scale if you employ the services of WES. Below is the link www.wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp

All you have to do is enter the grade and credit load of every course taken in school as it appears on your transcript- assuming you've got one handy.
I hope this helps?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walewummi: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
fredoricko:

You're welcome.

You can get an estimate of what your GPA would be on a 4 point scale if you employ the services of WES. Below is the link www.wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp

All you have to do is enter the grade and credit load of every course taken in school as it appears on your transcript- assuming you've got one handy.
I hope this helps?
Yes it does, I just did it now. Relieved I made the cut off
Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
OGreene:
Acceptance! University of Minnesota

They were the only school that asked for TOEFL. I kuku wrote and sent the score to them.

No news on funding, will follow up on them.

Congrats...have a couple of friends who went there. Buzz me later on if u need stuff like accomodation tips

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
OluDare01:

Make Nigeria great again
in 3dqys dollar crashed from 520 to 460...that country can actually be great if we have the right person there, make buhari just continue his leave for 2 years o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iCool(m): 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
femi321:
in 3dqys dollar crashed from 520 to 460...that country can actually be great if we have the right person there, make buhari just continue his leave for 2 years o

I saw 440 as selling rate, I was shocked!

It still looks unbelievable to me. I was calculating how to exchange for cutthroat 650 towards Fall2017 program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
femi321:

Don't be decieve,in the next few days or week,it will go high again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
femi321:
Haha. Oh yeah!

Things can actually work if these guys are committed to turning around the country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
signature2012:

Really?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
DeeTus:
Really?

Yeah.Let the $500m CBN pump into the system finish,then watch next what will happen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
ovieigho:
. Thanks boss!!
It is the same course I did in my undergrad thou, I just hope they won't throw one mighty question from their end sha..lol

No they won't and it will be friendly and interesting

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
signature2012:

Yeah.Let the $500m CBN pump into the system finish,then watch next what will happen.
Do you work at CBN?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
DeeTus:
Do you work at CBN?

No,but formerly a banker.Why did you ask?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
signature2012:

No,but formerly a banker.Why did you ask?
Was just apprehensive. When it comes to Nigeria, anything could happen. Nigeria as an entity is really un-predictable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
signature2012:

Definitely watching CBN with side eyes. In a week it will be back to status quo........as in you go to banks and they continue to hoard the dollar due to demand/supply taking it back to square one or where it was last week....

anyway let enjoy the high naira , things have gotten way too expensive in Nigeria so this is good news
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Scholastica16: 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
signature2012:

Cynic alert!

I have a feeling you want the exchange rate to keep getting bad. Perhaps, you benefit from round-tripping it. This is most certainly the reason even good policies fail in Nigeria- because someone somewhere is devising means to circumvent it.

I saw a subsequent post where you stated you are an ex-banker. If that is true, you should know that the FG had been pumping in FX (as much as they could) but the exchange rate kept getting worse because they prioritized manufacturers who in turn were re-selling said FX back through the BMs in order to make outrageous profits.

Well, the CBN Governor has changed methods and now FX is released to benefit school tuitions and PTA amongst other school related things so I am optimistic it will work and LAST. One reason I feel so is because the FX for the tuition will not be handed to the customer but will be wired directly to the respective schools who will have a hard time re-wiring money to the customer (if they wanted to be disingenuous) seeing that they could face money-laundering crimes in their country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
Scholastica16:

Cynic alert!

I have a feeling you want the exchange rate to keep getting bad. Perhaps, you benefit from round-tripping it. This is most certainly the reason even good policies fail in Nigeria- because someone somewhere is devising means to circumvent it.

I saw a subsequent post where you stated you are an ex-banker. If that is true, you should know that the FG had been pumping in FX (as much as they could) but the exchange rate kept getting worse because they prioritized manufacturers who in turn were re-selling said FX back through the BMs in order to make outrageous profits.

Well, the CBN Governor has changed methods and now FX is released to benefit school tuitions and PTA amongst other school related things so I am optimistic it will work and LAST. One reason I feel so is because the FX for the tuition will not be handed to the customer but will be wired directly to the respective schools who will have a hard time re-wiring money to the customer (if they wanted to be disingenuous) seeing that they could face money-laundering crimes in their country.

Please preach on! They'd be attacking me as if I wished Nigeria and Nigerians bad. Citizens of other countries, even though they live in the US, will never hope their country's currency continues to fall in value.
Someone came to the US in 2014 when the rate was 180 or less, and expects students who want to come now to pay N520. They would only be looking from one perspective. To be fair, one must consider all views. See iCool said he had been calculating how he'd get Dollars for over N600. Come on!
We here in the US know that the Naira is not that of little value compared to the Dollar. In Walmart, one flimsy set of toothpicks costs over $1. In Nigeria, you could buy ten of that same quality with N500. N500 to $1 is a lie, big lie. Even though Dollar is so scarce, why should it get above N500? There's no rationale to it.
I work here in the US, the people in Nigeria also work as well to earn Naira, so no one should say the Dollar they are earning was earned through hard work. Is the Naira Nigerians earning earned via soft work??

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
ImpeccableOne:

Please preach on! They'd be attacking me as if I wished Nigeria and Nigerians bad. Citizens of other countries, even though they live in the US, will never hope their country's currency continues to fall in value.
Someone came to the US in 2014 when the rate was 180 or less, and expects students who want to come now to pay N520. They would only be looking from one perspective. To be fair, one must consider all views. See iCool said he had been calculating how he'd get Dollars for over N600. Come on!
We here in the US know that the Naira is not that of little value compared to the Dollar. In Walmart, one flimsy set of toothpicks costs over $1. In Nigeria, you could buy ten of that same quality with N500. N500 to $1 is a lie, big lie. Even though Dollar is so scarce, why should it get above N500? There's no rationale to it.
I work here in the US, the people in Nigeria also work as well to earn Naira, so no one should say the Dollar they are earning was earned through hard work. Is the Naira Nigerians earning earned via soft work??
Bros you spoke the truth.. They dunno more students are still to come, why should it now be difficult for us?
Meanwhile i just dey here dey wait for baba TWoods to come and weigh in on this matter lol.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Scholastica16:

Cynic alert!

It is a pity you dont understand Nigeria economy and the political elites(cabals).
Let us wait and see if my prediction will come to pass or not.
Fyi,out of the $500m disburse to banks,they were only able to get $370m,where is the remaining $130m,we don't know.

The 3 things killing our economy are :

Corruption.

Lack of strong economic team/good economic policy.

Too much dependent on importation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
ImpeccableOne:

You want to exchange $1 for N375,keep dreaming.Good you said you work in US,so let me ask you this question.

When last did you send money home using western union or money gram?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blacksony: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
need your help
SURGEE:

Very true boss. I guesss she's very right then. I'll just advice her to do something that revolves around that course first, thhenn shift base after graduation. If she can do something like criminal justice or psychology, or what program. Do you think sshe can go for as a prerequisite.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
signature2012:

It is a pity you dont understand Nigeria economy and the political elites(cabals).
Let us wait and see if my prediction will come to pass or not.
Fyi,out of the $500m disburse to banks,they were only able to get $370m,where is the remaining $130m,we don't know.

The 3 things killing our economy are :

Corruption.

Lack of strong economic team/good economic policy.

Too much dependence on importation.

Forget about these political elites so to speak because all of them are selfish, criminals and have nothing spectacular to offer. They have decided to always take what belongs to the people. The people have been crying to the most Powerful to judge these crazy politicians.

God's judgement is that only if they return what belongs to the people, they too will never have peace.

Nature is really balanced!

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.