Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693056 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 1:19am On Feb 26, 2017
LagosismyHome:

tongue it a valid kwestion oooo.... do u exchange ur hard earned usd for less

Like Santa Claus grin

signature2012:

You want to exchange $1 for N375,keep dreaming.Good you said you work in US,so let me ask you this question.

When last did you send money home using western union or money gram?

Can you imagine that too. I don't understand how someone expects $1 for N375 just for his own good. That's cheating. The fair rate currently is $1 for N400+, I don't care if it goes up or down or if some people are doing somersault because of this. I go by what's fair.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ajibayo4: 2:15am On Feb 26, 2017
Hello,
Please can i get a full details of all the documents to hold for my Interview.
Will appreciate your input.
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
sirRiddy:

150 to a dollar? No more, no less
Lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DanjaNinja(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
akin3102:
Hi All,

I would love to renewal my passport next month and collect it on the same day. Please which Nigeria Embassy is the best for passport renewal with less crowd size?

I have New york or Atlanta in mind, both locations are close to me. I would appreciate if there is any nairalander that can accommodate me in Atlanta as I assumed there might be huge crowd size in New york.Thanks

Go to New York. Contrary to what you have heard, they are quite efficient. I got my renewed passport in a day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DanjaNinja(m): 3:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
osahons9:
Anyone in Bridgeport university? i need help

I attend the University of Bridgeport. How may I help you?

P.s: I don't advise you to come here. Funding and regular Job opportunities are extremely competitive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 3:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
Post deleted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
What are you guys even talking about? Looking for one-day service from a Nigeria embassy and you also have multiple outlets to choose from? In UK, passport can only be renewed from a single location, London. And that takes at least 2 weeks.

DanjaNinja:

Go to New York. Contrary to what you have heard, they are quite efficient. I got my renewed passport in a day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kapitain(m): 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
sirRiddy:
LOL that was just a sarcastic comment.
Lol. I sent you a PM. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
234ng44uk:
What are you guys even talking about? Looking for one-day service from a Nigeria embassy and you also have multiple outlets to choose from? In UK, passport can only be renewed from a single location, London. And that takes at least 2 weeks.

Passport renewal in NY is one day process but he should make it like early bird if he wants to leave on time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akin3102(m): 6:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Can you imagine, I sent a friend to the embassy in New York and they told him that is not possible to get it in a day..
imperiouxx:

Passport renewal in NY is one day process but he should make it like early bird if he wants to leave on time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akin3102(m): 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
Imagine, Meanwhile the embassy said it is not possible. Please can you list the documents required.I have already booked my flight to Atlanta..
DanjaNinja:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please I need naira, who wants to pay sevis fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
akin3102:
Imagine, Meanwhile the embassy said it is not possible. Please can you list the documents required.I have already booked my flight to Atlanta..
You can still do same day as well at atlanta. I am also going to renew mine over the spring break.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DanjaNinja(m): 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
234ng44uk:

Hi there, I appreciate your concern but your opinion is inaccurate. You live in the UK not the US. FYI, in the us, there are multiple outlets to choose from - New York, Washington DC and Atlanta. I renewed my Nigerian passport at the Embassy in New York four weeks ago and guess what? I go it that same day. Biometrics and data entry was done by 11am and passport was ready for collection by 4pm.

According to what I heard, 95% of those who applied got their passports that same day. Only about 5% of those who applied were told to return the next day for passport collection.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DanjaNinja(m): 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
akin3102:

You would find all you need here: http://www.nigeriahouse.com/newpassport.aspx

VERY IMPORTANT - Endeavor to buy a blank $30 money order. You can get one from your local USPS post office. The $30 money order in addition to the $106 you paid online are required for your passport processing. Without the money order, your passport would not be processed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
akin3102:
Can you imagine, I sent a friend to the embassy in New York and they told him that is not possible to get it in a day..

If he follows the procedure that's online for how to pay, what to bring to the embassy and he arrives there early, then he should be able to get it on the same day. I got mine renewed and my wife (a new applicant) got hers the same day in Dec 2015 (about 13 months ago). My brother in law (a fresh applicant) got his about 6 months ago on the same a day. Many people can confirm this same day process too.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
DanjaNinja:

You would find all you need here: http://www.nigeriahouse.com/newpassport.aspx

VERY IMPORTANT - Endeavor to buy a blank $30 money. You can get one from your local USPS post office. The $30 money in addition to the $106 you paid online are required for your passport processing. Without the money order, your passport would not be processed.

This is correct. It's two time payments. One for the actual cost of the passport (paid to one Indian solution company in CT) and the other by money order - for processing. Missing one of the two may lead to the person being turned back. I saw cases like that when I visited the place.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DanjaNinja(m): 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please does any know anyone who currently attends University of California, Berkeley? I need access to some computer science materials over there. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
is it just me or is this thread truly slow this season? embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
Wait till april, na that time people go dey enter embassy wella
Christian129:
is it just me or is this thread truly slow this season? embarassed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 11:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
OluDare01:
Wait till april, na that time people go dey enter embassy wella

That's true tho.. I can't wait to start hearing visa approval grin testimonies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 12:38am On Feb 27, 2017
kokoboy4life:
Hello There Good Morning to everyone I need enlightenment on this after Institution attended completes documents verification sent to them by WES, how many days will it take for WES to finalize the Transcripts Evaluation and my second question is I want to know the deadline for summer admissions.

Its boldly written on the WES website.Allow three business days for WES to update your profile after verification.I think after getting a reply from the school,it doesn't take them time to complete the evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chiezzh: 6:07am On Feb 27, 2017
Who wants to pay SEVIS fee ? I need naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 27, 2017
Chiezzh:
Who wants to pay SEVIS fee ? I need naira

wow, it's been a while since I saw you moniker. How's school? keep the dollar, I'll need to pay sevis fee in April grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 11:16am On Feb 27, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hushee:
Please guys, how true is this?
http://www.msinus.com/content/us-universities-not-eligible-opt-after-ascis-loss-accreditation-us-dept-education-1945/

Not sure why anyone will apply to the schools listed ....... They are really not good programs especially an international students who needs to be competitive to get into the US system.

Yes it should be true as its on the gov website https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2016/12/acics-loss-of-accreditation-what-it-means-for-schools-and-international-students

*** International students attending schools that are being recognized by ACICS will not be allowed to get OPT (Optional practical training) and will not get H1B in Masters degree quota.
Some affected schools listed on the msinus link
1 Northwestern Polytechnic University
2 iGlobal University
3 Schiller International University
4 Stratford University
5 Virginia International University
6 Everest University
7 Coleman University
8 Colorado Heights University

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
Some affected schools listed on the msinus link
2 iGlobal University
4 Stratford University
6 Everest University
7 Coleman University
8 Colorado Heights University[/quote]
I actually posted it here cos of the guy that was recently denied by VO for choosing the bolded school, and for others not to make the same mistake... Thank you ma.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oloriStella: 2:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
[thanks for sharing this Boss! Great lead for caution! quote author=Hushee post=54105716]Some affected schools listed on the msinus link
2 iGlobal University
4 Stratford University
6 Everest University
7 Coleman University
I actually posted it here cos of the guy that was recently denied by VO for choosing the bolded school, and for others not to make the same mistake... Thank you ma.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
oloriStella:
[thanks for sharing this Boss! Great lead for caution! quote author=Hushee post=54105716]Some affected schools listed on the msinus link
2 iGlobal University
4 Stratford University
6 Everest University
7 Coleman University
I actually posted it here cos of the guy that was recently denied by VO for choosing the bolded school, and for others not to make the same mistake... Thank you ma.

Let's thank God ma.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chiezzh: 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
fredoricko:

wow, it's been a while since I saw you moniker. How's school? keep the dollar, I'll need to pay sevis fee in April grin
Ye been very busy man wit scool and work..hope u good? Pm me when u ready
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walewummi: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
Pls what do u guys think about these schools? In reference to funding, ranking, and acceptance rate.

UNCC
University of Memphis
UT Dallas
UAB

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.