Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? (5342 Views)

Fufeyin: I Saw The Death Of Abba Kyari, Prayed About It But It's The Will Of God / Does Jesus Have A God ? / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by HardMirror(m): 9:00am On Jan 22, 2017
skeendyke:

If a Christian answers those questions of particular interest to you, would the Christian's answer make a believer out of you? Would it make you believe God exists? Would it make you quit your fun sport of poking holes in the Christian faith?

The answer to those questions you highlighted will be nothing more but an attempt in futility, a colossal waste of explanation. I wish you luck in your God-hating adventure.
Is this an attempt to avoid giving a cock and bull answer?
If you have a reasonable answer, why not present it with confidence and leave the holy spirit to do the rest?
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by dalaman: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2017
HardMirror:
Christianity was only a tool to conquer the world. It is the religion of submission, a religion of total sheepishness.

Problem is many christians don't know ANYTHING about the history and spread of Christianity. From the Romans, to the British empire. A means to get conquered nations to be meek and sheepish. It was never about salvation, it has always been about bondage

All religions are like that. Islam is worse when it comes to that.
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2017
skeendyke:

If a Christian answers those questions of particular interest to you, would the Christian's answer make a believer out of you? Would it make you believe God exists? Would it make you quit your fun sport of poking holes in the Christian faith?

The answer to those questions you highlighted will be nothing more but an attempt in futility, a colossal waste of explanation. I wish you luck in your God-hating adventure.
What kind of moro'n is this? If you didn't have an answer, why did you quote me angry

You must be an idioti'c blowhard for accusing me of hating a deity I don't believe exists. Only windbags can read minds with such confidence and "proficiency".

Annoying!
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by HardMirror(m): 9:01am On Jan 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
That would be Yahweh sending himself to die on a cross so he could forgive us for him creating us with the sin that he needs to forgive us from, so that he can save us all from the hell that he created as punishment for the sin that he created us with. Right? Makes perfect sense. What a perfectly reasonable, sensible plan.

It saddens me to hear stories of people who hang on to their faith in the misguided belief that they need to do so in order to placate an angry ancient Hebrew god of war.
That is the gist
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by HardMirror(m): 9:03am On Jan 22, 2017
dalaman:

True, but Christianity I know and christianity I will be specific on
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 22, 2017
HardMirror:

That old lie that makes christians see foolishness in their belief but carry on in the foolishness chanting "the ways of god is foolishness to the wise"

This makes boko haram, Sango worshipers and the rest wise too. Their ways only look foolish to you christians, but it is wisdom from their gods
The world was created in 7days,Moses parted the red sea,Jesus was born to a virgin, walked on water,died and rose again in 3days....where is d proof??again i say u dont have 2believe that old lie u do not see...its a free world
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by HardMirror(m): 9:21am On Jan 22, 2017
Oktoberfest:

The world was created in 7days,Moses parted the red sea,Jesus was born to a virgin, walked on water,died and rose again in 3days....where is d proof??again i say u dont have 2believe that old lie u do not see...its a free world
Yeah, pretend as if it does not matter after realizing how stupid ur belief is. They say a man that makes gest of himself cannot be made gest of. So that is the strategy many people use in embarrassing situations. You listing the stupidity of your religion yourself. wink

1 Like

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by eph12(m): 9:23am On Jan 22, 2017
HardMirror:

A lot wld be different.
I would be having speakers of church blaring all around me this morning for example. Just kidding.
But a lot would be different both negatively and positively.
I would have loved you to be specific since you think Christianity is the reason for our present situation or chaos
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Boss13: 9:43am On Jan 22, 2017
What Christians should realize is that Jesus did not come for everybody and his message was not for everybody. However, during his time on earth, he was a great teacher and his teachings influenced the world. He taught peace, forgiveness, selfless love and righteousness. These teachings can also be found in Hinduism and Buddhism.

Jesus was clear, he didn't come to save everyone. Possibly he came to raise the consciousness of the world, to remember us the earth is not our home, but he came specifically for his Jewish disciples which he taught secretly about the kingdom of God and share the esoteric teachings of the kingdom of God.

His death has little significance to his teachings and messages. Apparently, a major part of his teachings are not in the Bible and the Bible was transfixed on his life on earth rather than what he said. It has even been rumored that he didn't die on the cross and I may believe that because he told his disciples to touch his body and you cannot touch a ghost. It is also rumored that he went to Kashmir in India and there he lived and died. Regardless of our belief in Jesus, his life on earth influenced the world and he still remains the most famous man on earth after 2000 years of existence.
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 22, 2017
HardMirror:

Yeah, pretend as if it does not matter after realizing how stupid ur belief is. They say a man that makes gest of himself cannot be made gest of. So that is the strategy many people use in embarrassing situations. You listing the stupidity of your religion yourself. wink
Thank you mr know it all,il rather believe in these stupid things than anything else...which wld u rather follow?sango?olokun?or some other village god from the millions in africa alone?i believe u have experienced sacrifices being offered by their worshipers,i dont know if uve seen some of their wonders on display,i can take u where u wd see 4urself if u want
The beauty of christianity is that its all about love for man n God...forget about things u cant prove,the world is full of mysteries,now we are hearing of dark matter n dark energy and ders likely more,how many can we explain?
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by chubbyswit(m): 9:55am On Jan 22, 2017
you have been proven to be a liar and a double faced charlatan, no serious christian will consider your thread worthy of his/her time! Better repent and turn a new leaf. Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 22, 2017
Boss13:
What Christians should realize is that Jesus did not come for everybody and his message was not for everybody. However, during his time on earth, he was a great teacher and his teachings influenced the world. He taught peace, forgiveness, selfless love and righteousness. These teachings can also be found in Hinduism and Buddhism.

Jesus was clear, he didn't come to save everyone. Possibly he came to raise the consciousness of the world, to remember us the earth is not our home, but he came specifically for his Jewish disciples which he taught secretly about the kingdom of God and share the esoteric teachings of the kingdom of God.

His death has little significance to his teachings and messages. Apparently, a major part of his teachings are not in the Bible and the Bible was transfixed on his life on earth rather than what he said. It has even been rumored that he didn't die on the cross and I may believe that because he told his disciples to touch his body and you cannot touch a ghost. It is also rumored that he went to Kashmir in India and there he lived and died. Regardless of our belief in Jesus, his life on earth influenced the world and he still remains the most famous man on earth after 2000 years of existence.
Call God a tribalist if u want,salvation of God through Jesus came to the Jews 1st,then the rest of the world...not the jews alone

1 Like

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by sirfee(m): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2017
wolesmile:

Let them come back from church service. They'll soon flock here to demand for HardMirror's head.

HardMirror I just hope you have your armour and shield ready for this battle?
Beware, the crusaders are coming...

Sits back to watch..
Lol,I'm patiently waiting for the comedy,very soon they would be back from church,have a wonderful day and keep it locked.
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by sirfee(m): 10:05am On Jan 22, 2017
HardMirror:

It is very important. Imagine if christians are unchecked.
I would be back for you my n*gga in the afternoon but right now money on my mind#hustling things.

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Boss13: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2017
Oktoberfest:

Call God a tribalist if u want,salvation of God through Jesus came to the Jews 1st,then the rest of the world...not the jews alone

Jesus did not come for all the Jews. He came for the lost souls of Israel (Matt 15:24)

God is not a tribalist. God does not love one more than the other. It is the Jews and now Christians that have redesigned God to appear like some people are loved more than others.

Christians have made salvation appear accidental by raising your hands and deciding one day to accept Jesus into your heart. No, true salvation is by a higher degree of consciousness worked tirelessly by the individual. An undying quest for undiluted truth for the God of no religion. Salvation is experienced not talked about.

1 Like

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2017
Boss13:

Jesus did not come for all the Jews. He came for the lost souls of Israel (Matt 15:24)

God is not a tribalist. God does not love one more than the other. It is the Jews and now Christians that have redesigned God to appear like some people are loved more than others
Read the bible properly if u believe anything in it,the woman in that verse was not an isrealite but Jesus still ministered to her,and thats just 1 instance...
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by orisa37: 10:31am On Jan 22, 2017
Jerusalem means City Of God. This whole World, which is still expanding, that God gave His Son to, a Sacrificial Lamb, is a Jerusalem,a City Of God, And shall continue to suffer in ignorance until The Task Master stops firing. After, God, LordGod, GreatGod, Christ shall bring forth Two New Jerusalems for The Faithfuls, His few Chosen Saints to live for ever with Him.
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by moski5(m): 10:44am On Jan 22, 2017
TO THE CHRISTIANS on this Thread I'm curious as to why you're here.
Op it doesnt matter to me Where HE died My Joy is that HE Died And Rose and Ascended and Is SEATED
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by mack111(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2017
skeendyke:

This is a lame coward-like response.
Hardmirror is not the only atheist or agnostic in the world. If you have a well convincing write up to counter this post, why hesitate? You could be converting hundreds of people in the process.

There are agnostics out there who just want proof or a concrete reason to believe. If you don't have anything to say just sharap and go pay your offerings and tithes. Your pastor's car won't fuel itself.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Boss13: 10:56am On Jan 22, 2017
Oktoberfest:

Read the bible properly if u believe anything in it,the woman in that verse was not an isrealite but Jesus still ministered to her,and thats just 1 instance...

Healing is not salvation. However, the woman believed Jesus would save her daughter and her faith made it so. The Bible did not record Jesus ministering to her, but healing her daughter.

My brother the Bible did not do a good job to explain what Jesus meant by the kingdom of God and even if it was shared, it probably might have been adulterated just like a lot of pastors are adulterating the Bible now. If Jesus had explained the kingdom of God literally, the Jews would be angry. They were expecting a king that will kill off the Romans and alleviate their physical sufferings.

Even at this point, we still identify the kingdom of God as a location whereas Jesus said the Kingdom of God is around you
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 22, 2017
Why would God have to send his only begotten son down to earth to lead a miserable life and get slaughtered afterwards by depraved men so that he could forgive same depraved men and the rest of humanity of the sins they committed?

If he wanted us to live in paradise forever there was no reason for him placing the tree of the knowledge of good and bad in the midst of the garden as he prior knew man would eat of it. Maybe he couldn't tell the future and the bible has to be lying about god being omniscient, or he just doesn't give a _fuck hence he wasn't bothered, and so he went ahead to plant the damn tree there where man can see it and then later blames man for eating it. I am really interested in how the mind of yahweh works.

1 Like

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2017
Boss13:

Healing is not salvation. However, the woman believed Jesus would save her daughter and her faith made it so. The Bible did not record Jesus ministering to her, but healing her daughter.

My brother the Bible did not do a good job to explain what Jesus meant by the kingdom of God and even if it was shared, it probably might have been adulterated just like a lot of pastors are adulterating the Bible now. If Jesus had explained the kingdom of God literally, the Jews would be angry. They were expecting a king that will kill off the Romans and alleviate their physical sufferings.

Even at this point, we still identify the kingdom of God as a location whereas Jesus said the Kingdom of God is around you
Speaking to her and healing her son is what i mean by ministering...yea Jesus witnessed to the jews because they are the first in Gods kingdom and through them the rest of the world gets d gospel,not like other tribes can not be saved...the Bible says God loved the world that he gave His Son that whosoever believe in Him...not the jews alone
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 22, 2017
HardMirror:
John 3:16 "for God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life

This is the most popular bible verse and perhaps one of the most popular quotes in the world.

Now we are so busy bleating out this quote, we get carried away and fail to see the fault in logic of the quote.

this very quote made me a christian, this very quote made me dump christianity

Here is a flaw you never noticed perhaps.

1. So God loved the world: the bible did not say he loved Jerusalem. The bible did not say he loved the Middle-east. He loved Africa, loved Asia, Loved Australia, Loved south America, loved Europe, loved North America. God loved all the people living in remote Islands.
This is soooo good to know

the question is, then why did Jesus die in Jerusalem?

Wait... You probably don't understand yet.

According to christianity, the coming and death of Jesus is the most important event EVER in the entire Human History.

You probably still don't get it. smiley I understand the brainwash is that strong.

So God loved the WHOLE world and he gave Jesus for the world. Then in his stupidity wisdom asked men to spread the most important message ever! A message that would save every man, woman and child from eternal damnation, eternal torment, eternal doom. This wise and loving God did not know it would take over 1000years for the message of Jesus to reach America through the Europeans.
What about every tribe in africa? Asia? Europe? Australia? North korea? How long did it take before they even heard of the existence of a man/myth called Jesus?

How many people would have died within that space of time?

So all those people are damned?

If you say no, god would judge them differently, then why spread the story of Jesus at all?

The only reason for this is because the myth of Jesus christ is only a myth created by the romans to put the jews under control. The jews know this and that is why they rejected the story.

The first and primary reason why God created anything is to show forth His Glory and in showing forth His glory be glorified in the things he has made.

You have as much right to criticize the wisdom of God as a paper boat made by a child and destroyed by the child has the right to criticize the child.

He does whatever he wills and doesn't answer to you a mere miserable creature of his.

If he determines that your death today is necessary for the salvation of another, you have no choice but to drop dead immediately.

Only fools say in their heart there is no God.

Can you listen to your heart beat?

Maybe you should sit in silence every morning and listen to your heart beat and ask yourself if your heart pu,ping blood is powered by electricity.

If your heart stops beating today you think you'll still be alive?

You have only one chance, one life. You won't get another. There's no reincarnation.

If you died believing in God there's no loss if you get to eternity and God is just a myth.

If you die without believing in God or regarding him, when you get to eternity and he really exists, you're in deep sh1t.

Go and learn what eternity means. Then you'll shudder in fear.

cc: Seun
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Boss13: 11:38am On Jan 22, 2017
Oktoberfest:

Speaking to her and healing her son is what i mean by ministering...yea Jesus witnessed to the jews because they are the first in Gods kingdom and through them the rest of the world gets d gospel,not like other tribes can not be saved...the Bible says God loved the world that he gave His Son that whosoever believe in Him...not the jews alone

My brother this is not correct. The Jews are not first in God's kingdom. This was made up and believed by many. In God's kingdom, no tribe or country is loved more; no color or race is recognized. Segregation and racism are ways men decide to feel superior and it still plays out till today. Men feel superior than women and even Paul in the Bible rebuke women from speaking in churches. Peter was unhappy Jesus regarded Mary Madaglene better. Pope Gregory obliterated Mary's role by terming her a prostitute. These are ways men wanted to control women into submission
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by vincent10(m): 11:41am On Jan 22, 2017
HardMirror:
John 3:16 "for God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life

This is the most popular bible verse and perhaps one of the most popular quotes in the world.

Now we are so busy bleating out this quote, we get carried away and fail to see the fault in logic of the quote.

1. So God loved the world: the bible did not say he loved Jerusalem. The bible did not say he loved the Middle-east. He loved Africa, loved Asia, Loved Australia, Loved south America, loved Europe, loved North America. God loved all the people living in remote Islands.

According to christianity, the coming and death of Jesus is the most important event EVER in the entire Human History.

You probably still don't get it. smiley I understand the brainwash is that strong.

So God loved the WHOLE world and he gave Jesus for the world. Then in his stupidity wisdom asked men to spread the most important message ever! A message that would save every man, woman and child from eternal damnation, eternal torment, eternal doom. This wise and loving God did not know it would take over 1000years for the message of Jesus to reach America through the Europeans.
What about every tribe in africa? Asia? Europe? Australia? North korea? How long did it take before they even heard of the existence of a man/myth called Jesus?

If you say no, god would judge them differently, then why spread the story of Jesus at all?

The only reason for this is because the myth of Jesus christ is only a myth created by the romans to put the jews under control. The jews know this and that is why they rejected the story.

No bro. Christianity dump you.

1 Like

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2017
Boss13:

My brother this is not correct. The Jews are not first in God's kingdom. This was made up and believed by many. In God's kingdom, no tribe or country is loved more; no color or race is recognized. Segregation and racism are ways men decide to feel superior and it still plays out till today. Men feel superior than women and even Paul in the Bible rebuke women from speaking in churches. Peter was unhappy Jesus regarded Mary Madaglene better. Pope Gregory obliterated Mary's role by terming her a prostitute. These are ways men wanted to control women into submission
God revealed himself to the jews an established isreal,gave them the 10 commandments and the Messiah came through the Jews,it doesnt mean God does not love the others...which people adulterated the bible exactly? And where and when did this adulteration begin?
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by luqxxee(m): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2017
dalaman:

Na lie abeg me ah like Islam pass
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
HardMirror:

Those who die without the law are judge without the law.

Before Jesus people died. Jesus gave man power to overcome what had been dominating him.

Its unfortunate people don't know themselves. The day you get to know yourself, you will come to the knowledge of God.

Man is God manifested.
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Oktoberfest:

The Jews are way smarter than you lot. They didn't buy the crap. Although their beliefs are ridiculous, this one was way TOO ridiculous. Laughably bad.
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by skeendyke: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
HardMirror:

Is this an attempt to avoid giving a cock and bull answer?
If you have a reasonable answer, why not present it with confidence and leave the holy spirit to do the rest?

On the contrary, it is an attempt to enlighten Christians on the fact that their belief is unreasonable to you and so will their answer to your question appear. If the Bible makes no sense to you having being a Christian and left the faith, it wouldn't make any sense to you even now if I answered your question quoting from the same source.

If you read your Bible well you will find that Jesus answered the question of the pharisees with question or parable. That is also the Spirit of God at work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
The Jews are way smarter than you lot. They didn't buy the crap. Although their beliefs are ridiculous, this one was way TOO ridiculous. Laughably bad.
Yea the crap is still the only salvation for ur soul
Re: Problem With The Death Of Jesus. Have You Thought Of This? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
Oktoberfest:

Yea the crap is still the only salvation for ur soul
Go and sit under a tree and smoke weed. That is the only salvation for your soul.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video : Watch Tb Joshua's Prophecy On Brussel Attack / @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! / "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.