Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? (15327 Views)

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? / Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / Why Doesn't God Heal Everyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by kevoh(m): 10:01am On Jan 22, 2017
because prayer (or praying to a god) is the same thing as talking to yourself... Then add other miscellaneous time wasting actions like starving fasting, flagellation, burning of incense, paying the Pastor/Priest/Imam some money, climbing some mountain, eating grass/fuel, scream shiboribobobo in tongues e.t.c and you would still get the same result if you just prayed to your gas cooker at home!

4 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Kingsley1000(m): 10:01am On Jan 22, 2017
brostheo:
Maybe cause God doesn't exist and prayers are useless, get to work and stop praying and wasting your time expecting answers from an imaginary dummy God
you atheists has flooded this thread.....repent or u miss heaven
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 10:02am On Jan 22, 2017
helinues:
Does God really mean it when He says that He will give us what we ask for? Bible texts come to our minds, such as Matthew 7:7, "Ask, and it will be given to you"... Will He really answer when we call? Isaiah 65:24: "Before you call I will answer, while you are still speaking, I will hear."

Have you ever asked the question, why doesn't prayer work? Why at times does it appear that God ignores us when we pray to Him. Many have prayed for God to intervene and solve a problem that they are struggling with, but sometimes God‘s apparent answer is silence.

Even when we feel that God is not answering our prayers, you can always know God is a God of love. The Bible tells us He loves us:

John 3:16. '"For God so LOVED the world".......
Jeremiah 31:3, "I have loved thee with an everlasting love."....

God created us and knows infinitely more than we know. He knows what is best for us, and what would not be good for us. If you have children, when they were very small, sometimes they asked for things that would not be good for them, or would harm them. For good reasons sometimes parents do not always give their children what they ask for, when they ask for it. Parents give them what is best for them.

It is the same way in our prayers to God. God gives us what is best for us. We are God’s children and He gives us what is best for us, and at a time when it is best for us. Our lives must be right with God before He can answer our prayers.

God has certain conditions that must be met before our prayers can be answered. One of the first, is we feel our need of help from Him. Isaiah 44:3 says, “I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground.” The heart must be open to the Spirit’s influence, or God’s blessing cannot be received. One cannot pour water into a cup that is already full.

If we have cherished sins in our lives, and refuse to give them up, or if we are doing things we should not be doing, and are disobeying Him, we cannot expect Him to answer our prayers. He cannot answer our prayers if we have sins in our lives that are unconfessed or if we are hanging on to cherished sins. Also, if we refuse to forgive others who have wronged us, God cannot hear us. (See Matthew 6:12 and Ephesians 4:32).

This is not saying you can earn God’s favor to answer your prayers, it will always be Jesus’s blood that makes us worthy; but we do need to do our part if God is going to work in our lives.

One of the reasons we feel our prayers are not being answered, is because we stop praying. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says it best, "pray without ceasing." Paul is more direct in Philippians 4:6, “In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”

In reality, we should not be worried so much about if God hears our prayers – He does and He does care. What we should be worried about is if because of temptations, hard times, and trials we get discouraged, and give up praying. In Luke 18:1, Jesus, “spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart."

God is a God of love, and He is interested in every detail of our lives. He hears our prayers, and answers every sincere prayer if we meet His conditions. We must not expect that every answer will be "yes", since we are sinners and do not always ask what is best for us. Sometimes His answer is "No’ and sometimes it is "wait." (Hebrew 10:36) We need to end each prayer with, "Not my will but Your will." Even if we are sincerely doing God’s will, and to the best of our ability, following His will for us, He may see that it is best for us not for Him to say "yes" at this time. We must continue trusting Him, regardless of His answer at the moment.

God's timetable is not the same as ours. He knows better than we do when is the best time for our prayers to be answered. (See Hebrews 6 :13-15). God is eternal and does not measure time as we do. 2 Peter 3:8: "Beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

If we have faith and sincerely trust God, we will not be concerned as to whether the answer is "wait" or the answer is "no" or "yes." We must just trust, and wait and see if God in His timing will see fit to answer as we have requested, or perhaps He has something better in mind for us. Remember your prayer should end with "Not my will, Lord, but Your will." (Luke 22:42). "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5,6.

Source: http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/why-does-god-not-answer-my-prayer

actually God hear us..
But there is a difference between

Hear And Listen...

that is why it is only those that have through self discipline that deserve they fruit of they holy spirit ..

actually in Nature A human being that God Listens to can ask for thunder to strike a person and it will happen...

but because they power of they holy ghost can be misused it is given to some certain people that have self discipline (e.g some body that resists sin and hates His own body all his mind is directed to heaven making a gate way to be connected to they spiritual)

take for example God gave Lucifer they power as an angel in heaven... but he is misusing it Now...
and since God is a God of justice ..
he will not strip him of his powers...

THERE WAS A TIME I PRAYED AND COMMANDED A HEAVY RAIN THAT WAS AT THEY PITCH OF FALLING IN MID AUGUST SOME YEARS BACK IN THE NAME OF JESUS TO SEIZE FALLING AND IT DID

its all because God listens to me at that time than Now.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 22, 2017
Did you repent all your sins befor eyou kneel down to pray?? From when you go to God with sin in your heart .. you just they waste your time nah devil go ans that prayer lol ..

And also in whose name do you pray?
Notice when i was catholic i use to say mary alot notice those prayers where put in archive somewhere and never got ans .. when i use Jesus he ans quicker smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 22, 2017
God answers my prayer ASAP. Just reduce your sin.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Adextaiwo48(m): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2017
lytech1:
Because you only called him when you need him

We call even our parents when we need them and they do answer us... Don't they?

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by CoolUsername: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2017
If you look at it, the success rate of prayer is suspiciously similar to that of plain chance.

9 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by killsmith(f): 10:05am On Jan 22, 2017
Cos he doesn't exist....you've been speaking to yourself since childhood

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by killsmith(f): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2017
CoolUsername:
If you look at it, the success rate of prayer is suspiciously similar to that of plain chance.
word!
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by bobbybrown007: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2017
How many prayers have you answered? What am trying to say is that when people come to you to ask for something how many did you answer? Let's for example if a boy of 17 years come to ask you for 1 million naira would you give him? You will ask your self he can handle such money and that when he is of age you might give him double of what he asked of. Am just making common sense
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Legend87(m): 10:09am On Jan 22, 2017
myqel:
On this special day some years ago, a special child was born...lo and behold there was great joy in heaven and on earth because of his peculiarity.... that child is ME, MYSELF AND I
Happy birthday to me, wish myself many happy returns in good health, peace, joy, riches and other good attributes (Amen)
Nairalanders should please show me some love so that friends outside this forum would know I have a strong family here...1000 likes would not be badwink Thanks!

I've given u a LIKE. But is 1000 likes not too much for only ucheesy? Because others needs likes tootongue
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by AmunaNo1: 10:10am On Jan 22, 2017
helinues:
Does God really mean it when He says that He will give us what we ask for? Bible texts come to our minds, such as Matthew 7:7, "Ask, and it will be given to you"... Will He really answer when we call? Isaiah 65:24: "Before you call I will answer, while you are still speaking, I will hear."

Have you ever asked the question, why doesn't prayer work? Why at times does it appear that God ignores us when we pray to Him. Many have prayed for God to intervene and solve a problem that they are struggling with, but sometimes God‘s apparent answer is silence.

Even when we feel that God is not answering our prayers, you can always know God is a God of love. The Bible tells us He loves us:

John 3:16. '"For God so LOVED the world".......
Jeremiah 31:3, "I have loved thee with an everlasting love."....

God created us and knows infinitely more than we know. He knows what is best for us, and what would not be good for us. If you have children, when they were very small, sometimes they asked for things that would not be good for them, or would harm them. For good reasons sometimes parents do not always give their children what they ask for, when they ask for it. Parents give them what is best for them.

It is the same way in our prayers to God. God gives us what is best for us. We are God’s children and He gives us what is best for us, and at a time when it is best for us. Our lives must be right with God before He can answer our prayers.

God has certain conditions that must be met before our prayers can be answered. One of the first, is we feel our need of help from Him. Isaiah 44:3 says, “I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground.” The heart must be open to the Spirit’s influence, or God’s blessing cannot be received. One cannot pour water into a cup that is already full.

If we have cherished sins in our lives, and refuse to give them up, or if we are doing things we should not be doing, and are disobeying Him, we cannot expect Him to answer our prayers. He cannot answer our prayers if we have sins in our lives that are unconfessed or if we are hanging on to cherished sins. Also, if we refuse to forgive others who have wronged us, God cannot hear us. (See Matthew 6:12 and Ephesians 4:32).

This is not saying you can earn God’s favor to answer your prayers, it will always be Jesus’s blood that makes us worthy; but we do need to do our part if God is going to work in our lives.

One of the reasons we feel our prayers are not being answered, is because we stop praying. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says it best, "pray without ceasing." Paul is more direct in Philippians 4:6, “In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”

In reality, we should not be worried so much about if God hears our prayers – He does and He does care. What we should be worried about is if because of temptations, hard times, and trials we get discouraged, and give up praying. In Luke 18:1, Jesus, “spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart."

God is a God of love, and He is interested in every detail of our lives. He hears our prayers, and answers every sincere prayer if we meet His conditions. We must not expect that every answer will be "yes", since we are sinners and do not always ask what is best for us. Sometimes His answer is "No’ and sometimes it is "wait." (Hebrew 10:36) We need to end each prayer with, "Not my will but Your will." Even if we are sincerely doing God’s will, and to the best of our ability, following His will for us, He may see that it is best for us not for Him to say "yes" at this time. We must continue trusting Him, regardless of His answer at the moment.

God's timetable is not the same as ours. He knows better than we do when is the best time for our prayers to be answered. (See Hebrews 6 :13-15). God is eternal and does not measure time as we do. 2 Peter 3:8: "Beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

If we have faith and sincerely trust God, we will not be concerned as to whether the answer is "wait" or the answer is "no" or "yes." We must just trust, and wait and see if God in His timing will see fit to answer as we have requested, or perhaps He has something better in mind for us. Remember your prayer should end with "Not my will, Lord, but Your will." (Luke 22:42). "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5,6.

Source: http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/why-does-god-not-answer-my-prayer
op God does not answers prayers because what you think to be God is only a human fabrication, an illusion and a tool for control.
In this write up the author gives several excuses for why God does not answer prayers. He is trying to tells us if our prayers go unanswered it must be our fault. He goes further to quote some bible texts out of context. We should also remember that according to this bible God has promise to destroy, kill, make desolate and so many other hideous practices.
I don't understand the logic in worshipping an entity that takes wall the glory and none of the blame.
on a personal note I have seen several people who were so called prayer warriors and who lived according to the doctrines of Christianity who were unable to get any thing done or bring anybpositive result into their lives through prayer.
You say God know the best time for us. But what about the millions of people dying in poverty and hunger in Africa and the rest of the world when will it be their time
You say for God to work in our lives we have to abide by all his thousands of rules. i have peesonally never met any one who meets this criteria. and i am sure that no such person exists
You then make a contradiction by saying even this does not matter and only the mercy of christ can gurantee or prayers are answered.
Why cant the mercy of christ if it is truly so abundant be extended to everyone?
Pls lt is time we start thinking like adults and take full responsibility for our lives. Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 10:11am On Jan 22, 2017
olaniyi0:
seun will mock this thread but where's lalasticlala sef?

"That's why God said that they will see but not understand he will try make them hard headed and blind to they truth"...

I was in Seun category before I decided to look for they truth and then I found it..

let me put it this way you owe somebody and but you try to ignore they person...
that's how it is when you are an atheist or a pagan...
you only find out they truth when you cross to they spiritual realm

Seun you gotta endeavor and come outta ignorance..

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2017
visijo:
why cant you go to church rather than making jest of the holy scriptures.. Have this in mind - keep the sabbath day Holy..
Thé sabbath Day is the 7th Day Which is saturday, not Sunday. Study to show yourself approved...... complète it
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by win3k: 10:16am On Jan 22, 2017
majority of people who believe this nonsense are Africans, check and you will find most are illiterates and educated-illiterates.

blind beliefs and religions is destroying africans

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by brostheo(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2017
Kingsley1000:
you atheists has flooded this thread.....repent or u miss heaven
Where's heaven and what does it look like ?

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by ruemujerome(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2017
[/quote][quote author=myqel post=53022325]On this special day some years ago, a special child was born...lo and behold there was great joy in heaven and on earth because of his peculiarity.... that child is ME, MYSELF AND I
Happy birthday to me, wish myself many happy returns in good health, peace, joy, riches and other good attributes (Amen)
Nairalanders should please show me some love so that friends outside this forum would know I have a strong family here...1000 likes would not be badwink Thanks!
. HBD, WULLNP
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 22, 2017
Now i understand better truly God is love, we only need to walk in his path do his wills and believe in him.. he is a true father who will never disappoint his children in times of need!

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2017
AmunaNo1:

op God does not answers prayers because what you think to be God is only a human fabrication, an illusion and a tool for control.
In this write up the author gives several excuses for why God does not answer prayers. He is trying to tells us if our prayers go unanswered it must be our fault. He goes further to quote some bible texts out of context. We should also remember that according to this bible God has promise to destroy, kill, make desolate and so many other hideous practices.
I don't understand the logic in worshipping an entity that takes wall the glory and none of the blame.
on a personal note I have seen several people who were so called prayer warriors and who lived according to the doctrines of Christianity who were unable to get any thing done or bring anybpositive result into their lives through prayer.
You say God know the best time for us. But what about the millions of people dying in poverty and hunger in Africa and the rest of the world when will it be their time
You say for God to work in our lives we have to abide by all his thousands of rules. i have peesonally never met any one who meets this criteria. and i am sure that no such person exists
You then make a contradiction by saying even this does not matter and only the mercy of christ can gurantee or prayers are answered.
Why cant the mercy of christ if it is truly so abundant be extended to everyone?
Pls lt is time we start thinking like adults and take full responsibility for our lives. Thank you.
I like they way you talk
you talk from observation just like they way a person who is intelligent would...
but lets take for an instance
you ask for an instance you ask God to give you all they riches in life and also add 2000 years to your present age..and he grants it...

Nature would be thrown off balance
THE LORD SAID THAT HES PREPARING A PLACE FOR US A PLACE WHICH WE ALL KNOW IS IN THEY SPIRITUAL.....

NOW IF GOD SHOULD GRANT YOU ALL WHAT YOU WANT THEN YOU WOULD NOT LIKE TO GO TO HEAVEN
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 22, 2017
Many peoples prayer don't get to him. Cause the devil is waiting to swallow your prayers before it gets to the heaven. An example is Daniel in the Bible.

Many factors also affects it like praying amiss, not been patient,
Paul I know, who are you? When you also lack fire in you.
What can make you lack this fire? Sin, no faith etc.
Better still see a pastor to pray for you on why your prayers are not been answered. A good pastor will be shown the vision. And he will let you know how to correct it.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by chibuzorAbia: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2017
brostheo:
Maybe cause God doesn't exist and prayers are useless, get to work and stop praying and wasting your time expecting answers from an imaginary dummy God

Correct!

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by chibuzorAbia: 10:34am On Jan 22, 2017
win3k:
majority of people who believe this nonsense are Africans, check and you will find most are illiterates and educated-illiterates.

blind beliefs and religions is destroying africans

Thank you Bruv.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Donvilo(m): 10:34am On Jan 22, 2017
twilliamx:
As you said. God sees way down the line of lives, he will not give you what he knows will bring about your destruction in the future even if you prayed for it, God still answers prayers. But you must be ripe for that answer. You can pray now and get your answer in 3years time and you can pray now and get your answer now. The time for the answer must be ripe. You can pray for God to bless you with wealth now, but you might not be matured enough to handle wealth, that is why most people go and seek alternatives means. If I had come across sudden wealth at a young age, I'll probably be dead right now.
But thank God for his wisdom. He knows what is best for me.

This poster is making a lot of sense!

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Donvilo(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2017
AfroSisi:
When you ask for the wrong things and when you ask for the wrong reasons

And also this poster as well.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by chibuzorAbia: 10:36am On Jan 22, 2017
killsmith:
Cos he doesn't exist....you've been speaking to yourself since childhood

Will they listen!
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 22, 2017
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 22, 2017
Bumbae1:
Did you repent all your sins befor eyou kneel down to pray?? From when you go to God with sin in your heart .. you just they waste your time nah devil go ans that prayer lol ..

And also in whose name do you pray?
Notice when i was catholic i use to say mary alot notice those prayers where put in archive somewhere and never got ans .. when i use Jesus he ans quicker smiley

You guys need to come to terms with the fact that prayers are merely wishes which reality doesn't indulge since our world is a movie because God categorically stated right from the inception of time that he has a purpose, his divine purpose he called it, for the existence of man.
What do you expect God to do? Answer your prayers and Bleep up his divine plan? Those instances you believed that yahweh supposedly answered your prayers were just coincidences matching with God's mind-blowing script. Every single thing happening on earth had already been predestined therefore if at all you think God answers prayers, let it come to you that God wanted that thing to happen and coincidentally your needs were aligned with god's. Your prayers are answered not because you ask god to; your prayers are supposedly answered because they are part of the storyline of yahweh's blockbuster movie. Everything that happens is ultimately god's will and his will is his script playing out exactly as he penned it.

And how could one completely repent of all his sins before he could pray to yahweh? Let me tell you. Try as you might, you can never be holy at any point in time so long as you have a functional mind, and it will keep generating thoughts, good and bad thoughts.
For one to even suggest a standard like that begs to question the sanity of that person.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Butteredpako: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2017
redon12:

actually God hear us..
But there is a difference between

Hear And Listen...

that is why it is only those that have through self discipline that deserve they fruit of they holy spirit ..

actually in Nature A human being that God Listens to can ask for thunder to strike a person and it will happen...

but because they power of they holy ghost can be misused it is given to some certain people that have self discipline (e.g some body that resists sin and hates His own body all his mind is directed to heaven making a gate way to be connected to they spiritual)

take for example God gave Lucifer they power as an angel in heaven... but he is misusing it Now...
and since God is a God of justice ..
he will not strip him of his powers...

THERE WAS A TIME I PRAYED AND COMMANDED A HEAVY RAIN THAT WAS AT THEY PITCH OF FALLING IN MID AUGUST SOME YEARS BACK IN THE NAME OF JESUS TO SEIZE FALLING AND IT DID

its all because God listens to me at that time than Now.
Really mahn angry ?. God was listening to you, and that's what u asked for?, a stewpid rain to stop?. Mtche, SMH. All d sheet going on in d world and this.. Where do you live, hun??, where do you stay.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by ayoodeji(m): 10:49am On Jan 22, 2017
it's because it is not his will yet......even Jesus prayed "if it is thy will, let this cup pass over me"........His prayer was not answered. you might not be able to manage it if He does now.....just keep cam.....at the appropriate time.....it will.........still.....never stop praying.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Mujtahida: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2017
obiorathesubtle:

What kind of father let's you pray ceaselessly and just keeps quiet??
This is one of the major reasons why I left Christianity. I couldn't bear praying, worshipping, serving a God who couldn't speak to me. The Bible is a book. I needed more than a book to speak to me. A God who can send his son to die for the sin of the world, who can raise the dead, heal diseases and perform unbelievable miracles but yet cannot speak is a God I cannot worship.

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Kingsley1000(m): 10:56am On Jan 22, 2017
brostheo:
Where's heaven and what does it look like ?
this your comment seems ridiculous,the fact that you don't believe in God,doesn't mean he isn't there.....come to think of it,just look at yourself and the ecosystem,you see how uniquely everything was position and was working perfectly...look at how complex human brain is,do you think all these things just appear(or evolve)?don't you think there is a supernatural being behind the creation of these unique things?

there is heaven,so it's hightime you've repented

ATHEISTISM IS AN INSANE BELIEVE
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by dtwsola(m): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2017
kevoh:
because prayer (or praying to a god) is the same thing as talking to yourself... Then add other miscellaneous time wasting actions like starving fasting, flagellation, burning of incense, paying the Pastor/Priest/Imam some money, climbing some mountain, eating grass/fuel, scream shiboribobobo in tongues e.t.c and you would still get the same result if you just prayed to your gas cooker at home!

lol. You said it better than I could ever have

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Ephraim Ononye Heals A Lady With Sickle Cell, Changes Genotype From SS To AA" / Is It True? Churches Asking You To Surrender Your Entire January Salary? / How Mohammed Compiled The Quran.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.