Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? (15330 Views)

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? / Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / Why Doesn't God Heal Everyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by brostheo(m): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2017
Kingsley1000:
this your comment seems ridiculous,the fact that you don't believe in God,doesn't mean he isn't there.....come to think of it,just look at yourself and the ecosystem,you see how uniquely everything was position and was working perfectly...look at how complex human brain is,do you think all these things just appear(or evolve)?don't you think there is a supernatural being behind the creation of these unique things?

there is heaven,so it's hightime you've repented

ATHEISTISM IS AN INSANE BELIEVE
All of this things you mentioned have been scientifically proven, what prove do you have that your God made all this things possible other than a book which the likes of king James have been using in enriching theirselves from gullible folks like you. The high time you drop this slaveman mentality that there's a supreme being somewhere the better for you
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2017
cidieschat:
This life is hard work and brain work, and a lil percentage of luck. If u like pray till 2022. What will be, will be
Thumbs up bro. You made me remember my kindergaten poem "Que sera sera".
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Immorttal: 11:24am On Jan 22, 2017
redon12:

actually God hear us..
But there is a difference between

Hear And Listen...

that is why it is only those that have through self discipline that deserve they fruit of they holy spirit ..

actually in Nature A human being that God Listens to can ask for thunder to strike a person and it will happen...

THERE WAS A TIME I PRAYED AND COMMANDED A HEAVY RAIN THAT WAS AT THEY PITCH OF FALLING IN MID AUGUST SOME YEARS BACK IN THE NAME OF JESUS TO SEIZE FALLING AND IT DID
Holy Moses!!! What did I just read?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Immorttal: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2017
Catalin:
God answers my prayer ASAP. Just reduce your sin.
Reduce grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Immorttal: 11:27am On Jan 22, 2017
bobbybrown007:
How many prayers have you answered? What am trying to say is that when people come to you to ask for something how many did you answer? Let's for example if a boy of 17 years come to ask you for 1 million naira would you give him? You will ask your self he can handle such money and that when he is of age you might give him double of what he asked of. Am just making common sense
keep deluding yourself smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by zynellsmum(f): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2017
myqel:
On this special day some years ago, a special child was born...lo and behold there was great joy in heaven and on earth because of his peculiarity.... that child is ME, MYSELF AND I
Happy birthday to me, wish myself many happy returns in good health, peace, joy, riches and other good attributes (Amen)
Nairalanders should please show me some love so that friends outside this forum would know I have a strong family here...1000 likes would not be badwink Thanks!
may God grant you all your heart desires. ..Happy bday
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Immorttal: 11:30am On Jan 22, 2017
Elesta:

Thé sabbath Day is the 7th Day Which is saturday, not Sunday. Study to show yourself approved...... complète it
a Jw is here. wink
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 22, 2017
redon12:

I like they way you talk
you talk from observation just like they way a person who is intelligent would...
but lets take for an instance
you ask for an instance you ask God to give you all they riches in life and also add 2000 years to your present age..and he grants it...

Nature would be thrown off balance
THE LORD SAID THAT HES PREPARING A PLACE FOR US A PLACE WHICH WE ALL KNOW IS IN THEY SPIRITUAL.....

NOW IF GOD SHOULD GRANT YOU ALL WHAT YOU WANT THEN YOU WOULD NOT LIKE TO GO TO HEAVEN
Bro. U knw where many christians miss the point - U trying to convince an atheist and then u tell him: "The Bible says ......" Lol. He doesn't even believe in the Bible in the first instance. He needs something he can reason with....like facts, empirical or scientific evidences that align with belief in the existence of God. As we all know beliefs are quite subjective - hence it wld be unwise to base critical decisions of life on such...

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by lastpage: 11:34am On Jan 22, 2017
olaniyi0:
seun will mock this thread but where's lalasticlala sef?

Leave Seun out of it, he is entitled to his atheism.

BTW. God answers prayers!
I am not just saying this, l am a living witness to multiple examples of hopeless situations that l prayed fervently and God ANSWERED my prayers!

Over the years, l have been trying to see if l can "get a formula" that makes God to answer prayers (my own prayer) so l can share it with others because it is a wonderful feeling, more so that l am not a "church-person" like that (I go to church when l am moved to go but that is it) but l have not been able to pin it down properly.

I am not even a "righteous person" nor am l the best behaved (l dont even pay Tithe because l think it is a scam! but l have a compassionate heart to help anyone in need). I am not the "usual boxes" that you can tick when it comes to what we all percieve or are told by the preachers, as "what God wants" from us!

So, WHY did God always listen to my prayers?
I "suspect" (l said "suspect" because l am not sure) it "may" has to do with that "I pray honestly" to God
I 'try' to be good to others
I 'try' to be honest
I do not take what belongs to others (That is a red Flag for me).

But l am sure that l have a "personal relationship with God, which allows me to enjoy His GRACE" because l think l get what l do not merit from God.... so it has to be mostly "the Grace of God" towards me.
I think god can be partial at times... he is partial towards me, and l am loving it.

Happy Sunday to everybody.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by anyicash(m): 11:37am On Jan 22, 2017
brostheo:
Maybe cause God doesn't exist and prayers are useless, get to work and stop praying and wasting your time expecting answers from an imaginary dummy God
For anything to move from one place to another, there is a force behind it, and if the universe can come into existence, there is a stronger force behind it. and there is this SUPREME FORCE THAT IS BEHIND EVERY BEHIND. and That SUPREME FORCE IS GOD. so my brother it is only the ignorant that will doubt the existence of GOD. may GOD have mercy on us.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by tillaman(m): 11:39am On Jan 22, 2017
Though it may take time but I assure you that he knows your name, he sees it all, all your cares and burden, for believers, set backs doesn't mean God isn't happy with you, it's however a way to tell you, there's need for more prayer, God will answer all our heart cries and he will help you make your dreams come true and live the life you imagined!! Amen
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by brostheo(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2017
anyicash:
For anything to move from one place to another, there is a force behind it, and if the universe can come into existence, there is a stronger force behind it. and there is this SUPREME FORCE THAT IS BEHIND EVERY BEHIND. and That SUPREME FORCE IS GOD. so my brother it is only the ignorant that will doubt the existence of GOD. may GOD have mercy on us.
Its your fundamental Right ,you have the right to believe and worship whatever thing you like
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 22, 2017
anyicash:
And going by ur theory.... who is the supreme force behind God ?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2017
hungryboy:
Because and answer to your prayer could be a failure to answer another Man's prayer,
As you are praying for long life, the coffin maker near you is praying for brisk business
Are you actually this foolish, or you're just kidding us here?

Do you genuinely believe this or you're just joking
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 22, 2017
ednut1:
as far as am concerned. Gods will will always be. u can pray for safe journey on ur bus / flight and still not reach ur destination alive.
Then, just tell me, what's the point of prayers?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by varmint: 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
redon12:

actually God hear us..
But there is a difference between

Hear And Listen...

that is why it is only those that have through self discipline that deserve they fruit of they holy spirit ..

actually in Nature A human being that God Listens to can ask for thunder to strike a person and it will happen...

but because they power of they holy ghost can be misused it is given to some certain people that have self discipline (e.g some body that resists sin and hates His own body all his mind is directed to heaven making a gate way to be connected to they spiritual)

take for example God gave Lucifer they power as an angel in heaven... but he is misusing it Now...
and since God is a God of justice ..
he will not strip him of his powers...

THERE WAS A TIME I PRAYED AND COMMANDED A HEAVY RAIN THAT WAS AT THEY PITCH OF FALLING IN MID AUGUST SOME YEARS BACK IN THE NAME OF JESUS TO SEIZE FALLING AND IT DID

its all because God listens to me at that time than Now.

Nice one bro

I urge you to then pray that Nigeria experience 24 hours power supply for a week. Don't you ever pray for the good of the country? If you do, then God has failed you on that.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
twistedBalls:
You Christians don't know how to pray, You pray without faith, I wonder what's wrong with understanding why you were asked to close your eyes when praying “concentration ” pray with absolute concentration forget your worries even if a bomb will explode two minutes in front of you ,do not entertain fear, you know how d Buddhist pay full attention ? If only Christians could have that, prayer is a spiritual thing and should be treated as such, don't just open mouth and pray like a barbarian, God is just really merciful tho , am happy for that
Your balls are indeed twisted. And , as if that wasn't enough, your brain is also melting.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Noel1:
Bro. U knw where many christians miss the point - U trying to convince an atheist and then u tell him: "The Bible says ......" Lol. He doesn't even believe in the Bible in the first instance. He needs something he can reason with....like facts, empirical or scientific evidences that align with belief in the existence of God. As we all know beliefs are quite subjective - hence it wld be unwise to base critical decisions of life on such...

hahaha bro am not trying to convince him...
because they more I do they more I confuse him...
He has to find they truth himself he would have to struggle for it...
or die in ignorance talking about proof...
all they free thinkers and scientists that say God does not exist cannot even prove it
they all say that they world was created by molecules accumulating which was resident or an evidence of they big bang...
they say all humans and matter entirely are hold in place by gravity but they can't even explain where they gravity comes from or why we have gravity..

they can't even explain why negative attract positive and what came about charges
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
Immorttal:
Holy Moses!!! What did I just read?

You read what you saw
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by varmint: 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
redon12:

I like they way you talk
you talk from observation just like they way a person who is intelligent would...
but lets take for an instance
you ask for an instance you ask God to give you all they riches in life and also add 2000 years to your present age..and he grants it...

Nature would be thrown off balance
THE LORD SAID THAT HES PREPARING A PLACE FOR US A PLACE WHICH WE ALL KNOW IS IN THEY SPIRITUAL.....

NOW IF GOD SHOULD GRANT YOU ALL WHAT YOU WANT THEN YOU WOULD NOT LIKE TO GO TO HEAVEN
300000+ died in Somalia, they didn't ask for much. Just a meal a day to keep them going. Famine still killed them.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kingsley1000:
you atheists has flooded this thread.....repent or u miss heaven
Oh, a 5-year old. Daddy scared him with hell, and, being the pathetic submissive he was, he agreed to shutting off his brain. Now, I'm not in position to criticize you for the ACT of locking down your brain, but I'm calling you out on the consequence of that action, 'cause it seems to have made you soooooooooo stupid that you can't fathom the possibility that not everybody is as stupid and emotionally feeble as you.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
Butteredpako:

Really mahn angry ?. God was listening to you, and that's what u asked for?, a stewpid rain to stop?. Mtche, SMH. All d sheet going on in d world and this.. Where do you live, hun??, where do you stay.

Guy you underestimate little things and that is why you can't reach they larger ones...

if humans weren't made up of little cells so tiny you can't even see them we wouldn't have a complex organism like us...

we are all made up of little things and even they little things (cells) are also made up of more little things (eg. molecules, atoms ,

protons) actually they day I made that rain to stop I was in need and never wanted to get wet cause I was holding some important credentials..

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF LITTLE
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
Catalin:
God answers my prayer ASAP. Just reduce your sin.
Is your God no longer UNCONDITIONALLY loving?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by yedidiah(m): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
Prayer is simply declaring the Word of God. Once you declare God's word concerning any/every situation, you will receive that which you have asked for. That's what is called Faith based prayer.

NB: prayer is not something to rush into or done haphazardly. Follow the principle of prayer and you are sure to receive every time because in Christ was the fulfilment of the requirements of the law.

Therefore, as a believer, there is no longer barriers. Go back to the word and consuming it until you are full of matter. Then and only then can you pray effectively.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
varmint:

300000+ died in Somalia, they didn't ask for much. Just a meal a day to keep them going. Famine still killed them.

I DONT HAVE MUCH PROOF FOR THIS BUT I WILL TELL YOU THAT THERE IS JOY IN THEY SPIRITUAL REALM WHEN A PERSON DIES..
THIS EARTH IS JUST SOMETHING THAT IS UNSTABLE..
I WOULD HAVE REFERRED YOU TO
you get a cut... you surfer from cancer and other diseases..... Mind you there things that are existing that Are not yet Known

3000000+ people die because of starvation
is because of justice
remember they devil is viscous .

haven't you heard of Adolph Hitler and his wickedness , sadam Hussein and they rest...
are they not humans but they cause other humans to surfer...
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
Immorttal:
Reduce grin
You can't totally stop sin but you can reduce it. Yes you can.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Is your God no longer UNCONDITIONALLY loving?
Yes he is.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by stonemasonn: 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
That reminds me of the following joke:

"I pray a simple prayer every morning. It's an ecumenical prayer. Whether you're Catholic or Jewish or Muslim or Hindu, I think it speaks to the heart of every faith. It goes 'Lord please break the laws of the universe for my convenience. Amen.'"

~Emo Philips
No universal law should be broken for your convenience....there would be consequences to others.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
Catalin:
Yes he is.
No, I don't think you believe that. If you did, you wouldn't have typed that post I quoted.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by chuksjuve(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
God is all powerful , all knowing..
Your ignorance about Him or denial of His existence neither changes or diminish His personality.
His sovereignty entails that He chooses to answer your supplication , prayers or request or ignore them outrightly..He is still God

If He answers you worship Him ; if He does not Adore Him

You are Created/ meant to worship not complain...

Until you ubnderstand these fundamental about God..
You may not understand why your prayers were not answered
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
varmint:

Nice one bro

I urge you to then pray that Nigeria experience 24 hours power supply for a week. Don't you ever pray for the good of the country? If you do, then God has failed you on that.

Hahahaha you talk like a confused person...
God gave you they Electricity by giving you they river to turn they turbines and generate electricity...
he gave you crude oil to power your generators but you are giving it to another person...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Is It True? Churches Asking You To Surrender Your Entire January Salary? / What Is Wrong With A Guy Plaiting His Hair Or With Locks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.