Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? (15331 Views)

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? / Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / Why Doesn't God Heal Everyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by horlumiday(m): 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
obiorathesubtle:

What kind of father let's you pray ceaselessly and just keeps quiet??
The teacher is always quiet during the test. #GODS_NOT_DEAD
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
No, I don't think you believe that. If you did, you wouldn't have typed that post I quoted.
Meaning?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by varmint: 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
redon12:

Hahahaha you talk like a confused person...
God gave you they Electricity by giving you they river to turn they turbines and generate electricity...
he gave you crude oil to power your generators but you are giving it to another person...
Scientists gave us electricity. You said you prayed for rain to stop and it stopped, we didn't witness it, but I suggested something we can all be witness to.... You can pray about it bro and God will answer... Or don't you have that kind of faith?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Your balls are indeed twisted. And , as if that wasn't enough, your brain is also melting.

Who's dz wan again?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by dckng16(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
cidieschat:
This life is hard work and brain work, and a lil percentage of luck. If u like pray till 2022. What will be, will be
Agreed on hard work and brain work. But there is more to spiritual than Physical.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
twistedBalls:

Who's dz wan again?
I was thinking of kicking at your groin, but then..........
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
Catalin:
Meaning?
Don't ask me. Use your head.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Don't ask me. Use your head.
Don't quote me again.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redon12(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
varmint:

Scientists gave us electricity. You said you prayed for rain to stop and it stopped, we didn't witness it, but I suggested something we can all be witness to.... You can pray about it bro and God will answer... Or don't you have that kind of faith?

I don't have they power and its not by power and it will never be by my power and my daddy would not give me they power...

I don't have any power to do that..
cause am a mere human like you
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
Catalin:
Don't quote me again.
I do. What are you gonna do about it?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
I was thinking of kicking at your groin, but then..........

What stopped you from continuing with your stupidity?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
twistedBalls:

What stopped you from continuing with your stupidity?
I thought you had no idea how to use such words, so I was going to teach you. Well, then, what was it you said again? Were you narrating how you spent close to 5 hours praying, "concentrating" like a Buddhist? I'm sorry I can't help you. I'm neither a psychiatrist nor a therapist. Are we done now?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by horlumiday(m): 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
brostheo:
Maybe cause God doesn't exist and prayers are useless, get to work and stop praying and wasting your time expecting answers from an imaginary dummy God
We gt more than 2.2 billion christians, so u r telling me, all of them r delusional, bro, wake up, Christians r servin God because they have experienced how awesome he is.. Drop ur ego and try n read the bible

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
joyContraMundum:
I thought you had no idea how to use such words, so I was going to teach you. Well, then, what was it you said again? Were you narrating how you spent close to 5 hours praying, "concentrating" like a Buddhist? I'm sorry I can't help you. I'm neither a psychiatrist nor a therapist. Are we done now?

Its a pity you just can't seem to help yourself, after all this shii you claim to be ,
Blockhead why won't you misquote me,
You should learn minding your business if you can't get things right, or you ask for help, you need one
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
God answers prayers in one of the following ways: Yes, No, Wait.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
twistedBalls:

Its a pity you just can't seem to help yourself, after all this shii you claim to be ,
Blockhead why won't you misquote me,
You should learn minding your business if you can't get things right, or you ask for help, you need one
What's that word they use sef....? undecided
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by zhiiee(f): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
He released his blessing the moment you prayed but you were not rightly positioned for his blessing. Ask yourself, where am i ? What have you done? Who are you with?. These question determine when you get your blessing. Don't let your blessing s come and find you not ready..
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
The King of King, The Lord of Lord, The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ still answers prayer. Even if He did not answer yours will not discredit God, He is a master healer, He still blesses people all over the world and from generation to generation. He becomes more real to me everyday. Why don't you ask what you are doing wrong that has not make your prayer to be answered. Are you obeying Him, Are you working in line with His purpose for your life,Are you helping others too, Do you fellowship regularly with people of faith. Hence wait for him. In due time you will reap if you faint not. He is more than faithful. My own life is a testimony and God is not a respecter of persons. What He did for one, He will do for another. Brother look inward. Examine yourself
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by mathew247: 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
I ask God a bike...but I know He don't work that way, so I stole one then ask for forgiveness.-scarface(al pacino)
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by HopeAlive14(m): 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
myqel:
On this special day some years ago, a special child was born...lo and behold there was great joy in heaven and on earth because of his peculiarity.... that child is ME, MYSELF AND I
Happy birthday to me, wish myself many happy returns in good health, peace, joy, riches and other good attributes (Amen)
Nairalanders should please show me some love so that friends outside this forum would know I have a strong family here...1000 likes would not be badwink Thanks!

Happy Birthday!

Wishing you many more years of good health and wealth.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by anyicash(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
Noel1:
And going by ur theory.... who is the supreme force behind God ?
what is SUPREME?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by anyicash(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
brostheo:
Its your fundamental Right ,you have the right to believe and worship whatever thing you like
so it's your foundamental right to be ignorant?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by samdavjustin(m): 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
My friend stop wasting your time and get to work. You know how many people have prayed for Boko haram to be captured. The same with Osama until the Americans killed him themselves. And if u still don't understand me there is no God
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by lytech1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
Adextaiwo48:

We call even our parents when we need them and they do answer us... Don't they?
but we also obey our parent calls once they call us...
Did you answer God call each time He calls you?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by Zenlife: 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Maybe you don't show love by disturbing the peace and your neighborhood in praying and worship.
Maybe you don't go to the corner of your room to pray as instructed.

Matthew 6:6.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by cidieschat(m): 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
dckng16:
Agreed on hard work and brain work. But there is more to spiritual than Physical.

Nothing spiritual. If there is, then God is sebtimental. Do u not deserve to be in Los Angeles? Why are some poor and others rich? Yet all have same destination (death) why not give everyone equal opportunity?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by prisiliveth: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
brostheo:
Maybe cause God doesn't exist and prayers are useless, get to work and stop praying and wasting your time expecting answers from an imaginary dummy God
God do exist.he is not a dummy and can never be,He answers prayer everyone is on queue before God.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by niyihawking(m): 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
anyicash:
For anything to move from one place to another, there is a force behind it, and if the universe can come into existence, there is a stronger force behind it. and there is this SUPREME FORCE THAT IS BEHIND EVERY BEHIND. and That SUPREME FORCE IS GOD. so my brother it is only the ignorant that will doubt the existence of GOD. may GOD have mercy on us.
I agree with your statement that every action has a force behind it(cos it agrees with the laws of physics)

we can choose to call the supreme force behind the creation of the universe god, goat, cup, whatever we like (cos the word "god" has been overused that it has lost it meaning).

but how do we know that this force is the Christian god?, can't it be the Muslim god? or the Buddhist god?

Hence the call for proof from the adherents of different religions.

if god does exist indeed, what are the proofs that he actually intervene in the happenings of the universe.

does he help super falcons to win matches?
does he break the laws of the universe (laws of physics) because of a single petitioner.

disclaimer: if you intend on answering any of the questions above, please do not reference the Bible or any other only book... do it base on pure reasoning(cos that is what I can understand)

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by niyihawking(m): 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
prisiliveth:
God do exist.he is not a dummy and can never be,He answers prayer everyone is on queue before God.

on the queue you say .. is god a ponzi scheme operator?
by the way,what your take on my response to anyicash
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by piagetskinner(m): 7:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
See how atheists will flood this thread like swarm of locust....God exists...and he will reward those who diligently seek him

You ask me how I know he lives?...he lives within my heart
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by anyicash(m): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
niyihawking:

I agree with your statement that every action has a force behind it(cos it agrees with the laws of physics)

we can choose to call the supreme force behind the creation of the universe god, goat, cup, whatever we like (cos the word "god" has been overused that it has lost it meaning).

but how do we know that this force is the Christian god?, can't it be the Muslim god? or the Buddhist god?

Hence the call for proof from the adherents of different religions.

if god does exist indeed, what are the proofs that he actually intervene in the happenings of the universe.

does he help super falcons to win matches?
does he break the laws of the universe (laws of physics) because of a single petitioner.

disclaimer: if you intend on answering any of the questions above, please do not reference the Bible or any other only book... do it base on pure reasoning(cos that is what I can understand)
The SUPREME FORCE OR BEING, which i called GOD here is neither Christian nor Muslim, i don't know and i don't wanna discuss it religiously...But what i know is that The SUPREME GOD is super natural and HE is Ominipotent, Ominipresent and Ominiscience, He has no Begining nor Ending. and Everything that happens around and inside even over the Universe is being controled by The Supreme God. see u later.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? by redsun(m): 12:59am On Jan 23, 2017
It depends on what you are praying for. If you are praying to pass exams without studying, he's never gonna answer that. And if you are also praying to be a millionaire without thinking and working hard like a millionaire, he's never gonna answer that too.

Answered prayers are manifestations of dreams,dogged determinations, hopes and drives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It True? Churches Asking You To Surrender Your Entire January Salary? / What Is Wrong With A Guy Plaiting His Hair Or With Locks? / Emmanuel Collins: Pastor Busted For Faking Accident, Says Hackers Did It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.