Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:10 PM

In Christianity, Are All Dreams Relevant? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Christianity, Are All Dreams Relevant? (588 Views)

Why Should I Believe In Christianity? / Misconceptions About The Issue Of Being Born Again In Christianity. / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Christianity, Are All Dreams Relevant? by Grundig: 8:30am On Jan 22, 2017
I believe we all know what dreams are. For the avoidance of doubt I'm not referring to our individualistic plans and ideas. Instead, I'm referring those unconscious afterlife activities that happen when we sleep.

I grew up not taking my dreams serious. Then I was tutored to pay alittle more attention to it.

At some point, the dreams stopped. More so, i faiked to remember the dreams if and when i dreamed. Then I was informed that it is the handy work of the devil. . .blocking one of the mode of communications with God.

Now, I dream and i remember my dreams. I've even gone further to study and understand significant things such as colours, animals, events mood etc anytime tbey appear in my dreams.

But my question is: ARE ALL DREAMS RELEVANT? Should I be weary of all my dreams?

Let's discuss
Re: In Christianity, Are All Dreams Relevant? by myqel(m): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2017
On this special day some years ago, a special child was born...lo and behold there was great joy in heaven and on earth because of his peculiarity.... that child is ME, MYSELF AND I
Happy birthday to me, wish myself many happy returns in good health, peace, joy, riches and other good attributes (Amen)
Nairalanders should please show me some love so that friends outside this forum would know I have a strong family here...1000 likes would not be badwinkThanks!

1 Like

Re: In Christianity, Are All Dreams Relevant? by dhardline(m): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2017
Not all dreams are relevant. In fact a lot of them are not but when the relevant one comes you'll know cause the meaning of the dream will be given to you as a Christian.
Re: In Christianity, Are All Dreams Relevant? by Grundig: 8:58am On Jan 22, 2017
dhardline:
Not all dreams are relevant. In fact a lot of them are not but when the relevant one comes you'll know cause the meaning of the dream will be given to you as a Christian.
So many of us understand or have been made to believe that eating, flying, swimming etc in the dream are satanic. Are you suggesting that not all of these and many others are relevant?

Are you saying not all the sex in the dream should be taken serious?
Re: In Christianity, Are All Dreams Relevant? by dhardline(m): 9:36am On Jan 22, 2017
Grundig:

So many of us understand or have been made to believe that eating, flying, swimming etc in the dream are satanic. Are you suggesting that not all of these and many others are relevant?

Are you saying not all the sex in the dream should be taken serious?

Most dreams are as a result of thoughts we have constantly during the day that then find a way to our dreams. Now I am going to speak on the basis of a regenerated Christian, if I see myself eating, flying or even having sex in my dream it really does not bother me cause I know where my faith lies and I equally know how far the evil one will go to shatter my faith.
Re: In Christianity, Are All Dreams Relevant? by Grundig: 10:08am On Jan 22, 2017
dhardline:
Something just came to my mind.

Pharoah wasn't a Christian when Joseph interpreted his dream.

Daniel and the other guys were summoned to interprete the King's dream even though he wasnt a christian.

There must be something about dreams when you refer to job 33 v 13-14
Re: In Christianity, Are All Dreams Relevant? by dhardline(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2017
Grundig:

Something just came to my mind.

Pharoah wasn't a Christian when Joseph interpreted his dream.

Daniel and the other guys were summoned to interprete the King's dream even though he wasnt a christian.

There must be something about dreams when you refer to job 33 v 13-14

Very true but do you think that all through Pharoah's life that that was the only dream he had?

The burden of that particular dream was put in his heart that's why he sought an interpretation from someone who was given the gift then for that purpose same thing I am saying when a message comes through a dream for a regenerated Christian the interpretation is most likely to come. If not then to me it's just mere dream.

(1) (Reply)

In Reaction To The Thread On FP Abt Christian Soldiers.(pics). / Please Choose The Church You Will Attend (pictures) / "Christianity": How It Affects Ponzi Schemes: GIVERS FORUM EXPERIENCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.