Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (49833 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sweetchii: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
The truth is that you re not a humble person and you have pride in you. If God should walk out on you when you need him will you like it.You lost out on today's blessings which you allowed the devil take away from you.Nexr time just go to wherever they ask you to seat it won't take you anything.As every organisation has Mode of operation and order that is how the church is and there re ppl to enforce that order.Dont think that it's a church so anything goes.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Themandator: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Noo. That know protocol na. It's always just one lady who sits there. She's to direct new comers and all that... Moreover, she only sits when new comers are being announced. No one was sitting there when I did. An elderly woman sat with me, they didn't say nothing to her oo. What if the church was filled up? Won't they create that space for people?

You mentioned new comers corner and I want to know how your church being a province is able to identify all the new comers.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

It's a province. It's not anybody's personal establishment. It's a church bro... Obviously, you're not intelligent. I'll let that slide and I won't reply you again.
You left the church due to pride. Work on it bro.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Damfostopper(m): 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
those who gives a fvck about Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder went that way.... u either obey the rules or u stay for ur house.... dere is a leader everywhere n u must follow d orders

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sirfee(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
Biggcake:
There are laid down rules governing every establishment.....
These laws were made by the members/leaders of this establishment.

If you find out that you are not comfortable with the law, then quietly take a walk out of the premises...

MYJUDGEMENT...
Youngman, you disobeyed the leaders of the Church by disobeying the Ushers. Therefore , your conduct is wrong.

You are hereby pronounce guilty as charged.....

you are sentence to 3months community service ...

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ify84(m): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
They for allow u remain on ur seat... After service, advise u not to sit there again and give u reasons y it has been so... The person taking announcements can also explain to d house why and why nobody Shd sit in front.....

Asking u to get up in d midst of service is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by tobbybrownj5(m): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
BRO U DID NOTHING WRONG. I WOULD HAVE DONE WORST. ITS BETTER U LEFT

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Elliot2(m): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
hey guys! please,i need help, help in direction! I am among those who are going for the Batch B stream 2 Nysc Service,and am posted to Kogi State. I will be on my way tomorrow for camp at Kabba Bunu LGA; I am currently in Bayelsa State. Please some one should help me with direction on how i could reach Kabba Bunu NYSC Orientation camp. Thanks in advance!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sleekarry(m): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
you only embarrassed yourself..
you should have just jejely stand up while they lead u to somewhere else. rules are rules.. if dey don't do that, one day someone will climb the pulpit.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by KingOfThePay(m): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
OP you did the right thing. A church is not a social gathering where people are categorized or given preference base on status or protocols whatsoever -but a place of worship, therefore there is no such things as preference on where member should sit. Only the pastor and anointed men of God should have a preferred stated area of sitting around the alter.
To those saying OP did wrong or embarrassed himself whatsoever, I simply don't know how to classify you all. Low esteem and status

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by SmartyPants(m): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:
You handled it badly.

If it was me, I'd just simply smile and tell them I am protocol. Simple. Na my papa house.

But then again, maybe you should just stick to sitting at the back.

If you know your papa very well you would know that He values humility, and respect for those to whom respect is owed.

Ushers have actual job to do and they are only trying to do it well by asking you to sit in a certain place. Why make it unnecessarily hard by being disobedient for no reason?

The bible says rebellion is like the sin of witchcraft!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Mufasa27:
Pride comes before the fall

Now that you have stormed out of the church, as it reduced the church population

You are just being stupid and immature.!!

It reduced by -1; that is the OP. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by henryuzor(m): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Fantastic2m:
OP, I completely understand the situation.
But from what u said this line seems reserved for workers for ease since dey move around.
And it seems dey Certainly won't be seated all day or mostly.
U could have just left to second row or 3rd when dey said twas reserved row.
U shouldn't be angry in the house of the Lord
U raged our like u came to a failed fashion show not a holy house
Learn to hold Ur temper and keep Ego in check
God bless you
Very unintelligent comment.....if the seat was reserved then proabably a bible or notebook will be placed on it to show that.....any other thing apart from that is wrong

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by victorazy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?

In God there is orderliness, so learn how to respect it. A chair is empty doesn't mean u should sit on it unpamitted. In old Istraelites, the ark of God were only touched by the carriers and the priest, any other person will be electricuted instantly. Just thank God for his mercy that came through Jesus, now u can vex out of church and be proud of it grin make we tap u for back saying "well done bro" grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Goandie: 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
Tanima007:
Protocol is cool for school or jobs but not when we are in the house of God,if God is seing us as equal before him,who are they to segregate?

this is the question the Op is asking that pple are just tackling him with studded boot.
i personally mite no walk out of the church like how he did but i will not leav that seat till d church service is over, coz it is Yaweh house

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
noirsangre:
The church is not a place for boosting your ego. All men are equal in the eyes of God so I don't understand why special seats will be reserved for special people.

Do well to find a church that doesn't compartmentalize members according to the kind of cars they drive or the amount of money they drop in the offering box.

Good day!

What even makes them special people?......Bloody sinners like me will be forming "special"..mchew

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by lagdmark(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

I just really want to believe you don't understand the settings I projected. I was not being disobedient or stubborn. I just felt it was wrong for the Usher to do that, in the middle of worship? And I don't see church as an 'organization' bro. It's a house of God. Plus, I'm a bona-fide member so I know the rules and what is applicable.
This were you missed it over Sabi.
So you think churches don't have rules and regulations made by church heads guiding it.
You believe a house of God is a house disorder and disaster you better repent.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
you were wrong for storming out, bro that's not National Assembly, you should have listen to the usher first, then after church call a pastor and the usher and tell them to explain the meaning of the rubbish they did.

At least you weren't the only one sitting on that protocol seat..
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by goingape1: 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
showlove911:
I wil not toll d line of apportioning blames, dat said, u nid to Undastnd dat one of the cardinal evidence of being a Christian is humility. Daz clear evidence of holy spirit in ones life! U nid to work on ursef; going to church or being a christian!

#proudly christembassy!!!
#proudly a tither!!!
chaii!

English don die ohh!

English don die!

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Brushless: 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Lol... I don't think I'll get a fair judgement here... Maybe if the mods can give me more audience? Lalasticlala, mynd44?
Seem you are too arrogant to take advice. You need to stoop low and take everything that comes your way with a good mind. As you say you are an established member of the Church, you need to go there next Sunday and watch how you are accorded.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sleek82(m): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
indoorscholar:
He has OCD (Google it). He can't stay in the back for obvious psychological reasons. Besides are we not equal in the eyes of God?

I support your decision to leave the church, praying with anger is not a good thing, however you should have handled the matter better

Next time just move to d next seat.on a different note, hope you're treating ur OCD?
having OCD is a mere excuse...are you saying he has been sitting on that seat every sunday? If no, then where was his OCD before this sunday?

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sirfee(m): 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
Fantastic2m:
OP, I completely understand the situation.
But from what u said this line seems reserved for workers for ease since dey move around.
And it seems dey Certainly won't be seated all day or mostly.
U could have just left to second row or 3rd when dey said twas reserved row.
U shouldn't be angry in the house of the Lord
U raged our like u came to a failed fashion show not a holy house
Learn to hold Ur temper and keep Ego in check
God bless you
I may start going to church very soon because of this post.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
josite:

u must be a very small size man.u can tell the size of a man by the kind of things that get him angry.upgrade
gringringrin
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Triplehawkeyes: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
Firstly I don't think you did wrong wanting to sit in front, not with all the noise at the back, kids laughing and other disturbance, you would want to sit in front, secondly, it's God's house and you can sit anywhere you want, no one paid you transport to church, and as you rightly observed it's mostly empty and not always occupied but I think you over reacted, maybe next time you could have just asked them can I just sit here for today? Or joked with them saying hmm I think I will like to join protocol so I can sit here and hear the message well, you could have handled it better, please try your best, it isn't easy but it still won't have taken anything from you to move to the back for the message sake, if you were the protocol lady or usher what would you have done to you in that situation
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

This stuff ought not to have made FP. The Nairaland dude is arrogant and self-centred and was totally wrong.

The mods need more training.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
The problem with christains nowadays is that when they correct they correct as if they have never made the same type of mistake before.

If they asked politely I do not see the reason you shouldnt heed them. If it is their policy in the church that latecomers shouldnt sit at the front then RESPECT that.
But if they just did that on purpose then you should have not acted like a d**k like they did. (lol)
Anger/pride destroys things trust me. I wouldnt judge you--similar case has happened to me---Lecturer things. ( Made me resit a course then at school)the only course I had to repeat.

#ONELOVE
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by coputa(m): 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
Mr man,you failed woefully,before entering the house of God,you would have hang that your over bloated ego at your doorstep.Even if you are supporting the church financially,you would have humbled yourself.Do you read your bible,or you are among those that are just going there to show off.It is written in the bible that,when you humble yourself God Will lift you up.If you know you can't ne controlled,them stay at home.You bleeped up,big time.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Eliz24(f): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
Obviously you are feeling guilty, if not you wouldn't have shared it to listen to people's opinion. One thing to note is that, anywhere you gather in the name of Christ, God is present. Even if the ushers were wrong, that shouldn't stop you from doing the right. Their attitude must not determine your reaction. Find and know your identity, determine to be yourself irrespective of pressure people may apply.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by CRAPHA96(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by southpole: 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

If you new who you went to worship you could have quietly obey them, and worship your God. Do you mean because of man's attitude you decided not to worship God? May be you thought you went their to do God a favour.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by victorazy(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
In God there is orderliness, so learn how to respect it. A chair is empty doesn't mean u should sit on it unpamitted. In old Istraelites, the ark of God were only touched by the carriers and the priest, any other person will be electricuted instantly. Just thank God for his mercy that came through Jesus, now u can vex out of church and be proud of it grin make we tap u for back saying "well done bro" grin foolishi gboy.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

The only thing you did wrong was you feeling the need to go to church to be close to your God!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bishop Isaac Idahosa's Car Garage In Pictures / Pictures Of People At Miracle-Healing River In Enugu / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.