Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,053 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive (1500 Views)

My Neighbor Put His Highlander On Neutral And Towed It To The House. / Auto Tanny Goes To Neutral While Cruising / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive by ochukoccna: 11:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, I'm in need of suggestions regarding adhesive which i can use to attach some some electrical components together
Such adhesive mustn't be electrically conductive i.e. it must be electrically neutral else it would short circuit my components if its not
Preferably such a product should/would be a composite of aluminum oxide and boron nitride (both tolerate high temperature ranges and are electrically neutral)
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Re: Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:35am On Jan 23, 2017
ochukoccna:
Hello gurus in the house, I'm in need of suggestions regarding adhesive which i can use to attach some some electrical components together
Such adhesive mustn't be electrically conductive i.e. it must be electrically neutral else it would short circuit my components if its not
Preferably such a product should/would be a composite of aluminum oxide and boron nitride (both tolerate high temperature ranges and are electrically neutral)
Any suggestions?
Thank you

I think its much easy if you tell the part you want to fix and also why not replace the part
Re: Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive by ochukoccna: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2017
ZIMDRILL:

I think its much easy if you tell the part you want to fix and also why not replace the part

Repalce ke? shocked shocked shocked
The component still dey deliver
Just need to mod it for better performance grin
Morning Zimdrill and those with insight
I need it to attach a heatsink to a computer mainboard/motherboard
The heatsink goes unto the mosfets (those black flat thingys in the second picture) which can get really HOT

Re: Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive by ochukoccna: 8:44am On Jan 23, 2017
Ideally should have asked this question in the computer section, but doubt it generate any traction undecided undecided thus the cartalk section
Figured those using exotic autos might have done repair work where they needed to use a top end electrically neutral adhesive to attach stuff together
Thus any insights?
Re: Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
ochukoccna:

Repalce ke? shocked shocked shocked
The component still dey deliver
Just need to mod it for better performance grin
Morning Zimdrill and those with insight
I need it to attach a heatsink to a computer mainboard/motherboard
The heatsink goes unto the mosfets (those black flat thingys in the second picture) which can get really HOT

from the little research online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3_swcaDPQ4
Re: Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive by ochukoccna: 9:39am On Jan 24, 2017
Morning Zim
Thermal adhesive/glue is exactly what I need
However, been a hassle getting it in Computer Village
And don't want to do pre-order from China or somewhere else due to the time lapse it'll take
And like I earlier said
Figured those using exotic autos might have done repair work where they needed to use a top end electrically neutral adhesive to attach stuff together
Any ideas on what to use and I'll take it up from there cool
Re: Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive by ochukoccna: 10:57am On Jan 24, 2017
BTW, looked up Araldite but don't see any pointers to its usage on electronic components
Re: Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive by ochukoccna: 12:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
Thanks ZIMDRILL
Walked the computer village and drew blanks as I had expected I would
Eventually I had to get Arctic adhesive from Amazon
Cheers man
Re: Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive by SkyeAyers: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
If you are trying to find the safest way to stick electrical components together then try the thermal imaging company. They have all the solutions that one might be looking for.

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Passat 2001 For Urgent Sale / Ferrari Employees Are Banned From Buying A New Ferrari / Buying Cars Cheap From Togo Port.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.