Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Learn More About Graphic Design - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Learn More About Graphic Design (1110 Views)

Ask Me Any Question About Graphic Designs / Ask Me Any Question About Graphic Designs / 15+. I Draw And I Want To Learn More. Take A Look At These. Ledarts (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn More About Graphic Design by mtkme(m): 9:20am On Jan 23, 2017
It is a very popular thought that visuals work better in communicating a specific message than mere words. Graphic design works exactly on this principle. It is a medium to communicate your ideas and concepts to a targeted audience. But it is just not text nor is it only pictures. Graphic design is a skilful and beautiful combination of both words and pictures. The advertisements in books, magazines etc are the finest examples of graphic design which are used to communicate a precise message. This is an effective medium of visual communication.

Graphic design is an art in which you can create ideas, concepts and experience using the textual as well as the visual content. It can vary from being virtual to physical. There can be many reasons for creating the graphic design like commercial purpose, for educational institutions, promoting cultural events and programmes or even for political purposes.

It is basically a creative process wherein the clients, the designers and the sign makers are the active stakeholders. They come together to conceptualise and visualize a sign, symbol, word or a design that would put across their idea in a proper and effective way. The key phrase here is Visual Communication and all the efforts taken in this direction result in a beautiful design.

The design that is recognized in an instant is the most effective. This has been in use for so long now. The type, form and image that we see on the posters, packages and advertisements in newspapers, magazines are part of the process. Over the years the focus has shifted to computers and now we have graphic designs that can be customized according to the client's liking. They can be given new features and styles depending on the type of message one wants to convey through the design.

The secret of good visual communication is that it reaches to the targeted audience in exactly the same form that it was designed for. A single letter can also convey an effective concept as well as a brand logo. The main thing is that the audience should be able to understand the message.

While drawing out the ideas for a website it is equally important that the content and the appearance of the website should be taken into account. There should be a perfect sync between the content and the design that has been made. Otherwise there is a chance that your website will not have as much viewers as you are expecting. Graphic design is a big draw for the viewers because at times, a person will have a look at the graphics and then decide to go further. Appearances do matter and a colourful and artistically done design always has an upper hand. Photos and images are the best persuasion for viewers to have a glimpse at your website and Graphic design does just that. click to know more http://fileml.com/l/0R699
Re: Learn More About Graphic Design by tubosunmii(m): 6:21pm On Jan 24, 2017
Graphics designer, ICT consultant,blogger, website developers, website designer,audio editor add me on bbm: 5584023c

1 Like

Re: Learn More About Graphic Design by donjaz123(m): 2:48am On Jan 27, 2017
In the mean time you can check out this awesome tutorial :-)...It really helped me.
It taught me how to create an animation with Photoshop...which was wonderful...

Visit <a href="http://skillonpage.com/how-to-make-animated-gif-in-photoshop/" > Make an Animated GIF in Photoshop </a>

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Boy Constructs Keke Napep With Slippers / Where Can I Learn Graphics Design In Kwara State / Photoshop Expert Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.