Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers (12899 Views)

Top 10 Coaches In The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) / Nigeria Professional Football League Table After Week 8 Sunday Games / These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by Dething: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
There were away wins in bother 1st and 2nd week. The league has improved. Just play your part. If you can't go to the stadium, talk about it. If you bet, bet on NPLF
Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by Havilah93(m): 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
DMeanMan:
Proudly Remo Stars cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This goes to Seun, Lalasticlala, the other mods here on Nairaland and Our very many Bloggers. Let us play our part and talk week in week out about out stars, results, League standings, Rumors, right about anything to create that agitation and excitement on the part of we readers and well meaning Nigerians.

Our league can directly engage (or employ) tens of thousand of youths. Let's jointly take it upon ourselves to make that happen.

Let's make the NPFL great again.

There's a thread for the NPFL here

https://www.nairaland.com/1226236/official-npfl-thread-nigerian-professional/110#53059181

We discuss issues of the Nigerian League. Even the last matchday yesterday, live updates of the matches were posted. I've always advocated for the thread to be on the front page at least on matchdays, to create awareness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by PROVERBZ(m): 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
psalmsjob:

You can bet it does! And make sure you put your money on the home team winning just as last week all home teams wongrin 9ja league just like when I quit and restart my game on a PlayStation when I'm about losing because I must just win nagrin

If our Nigerian national team players have to bribe to be called up then you can just imagine what goes on in the national league between club owners, referees and players.grin the game goes to the highest bribers.
u are a lier and only god will judge u for trying relentlessly to stop the progress of the league after a lot of people have put in a lot of hard work and money to bring it back to limelight u are a modern day enemy of progress do you even watch the league FYI plateau united have any unbeaten record through out this season they haven't even drawn a match away they won all and last week also abia warriors defeated reigning champions in front of there fans in Enugu a number of draws also happen so get ur facts right

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by Ermacc: 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
freshcvvs:

Talk about what you know or shuuush. Its getting irritating.

anything to pull down your own is what you guys are always looking for.

Educate yourself.

First week recorded 2 away wins and a number of draws.
maybe you should learn to speak the truth and not be an unneccesary chauvinist. Did I say anything about draws? How many away victories are recorded in a season? How does having a low number of away victories bring disrepute to a league?
Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by Michaelroyals(m): 3:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
No b now again, 9ja league don change no b small.
Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by psalmsjob: 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
PROVERBZ:
u are a lier and only god will judge u for trying relentlessly to stop the progress of the league after a lot of people have put in a lot of hard work and money to bring it back to limelight u are a modern day enemy of progress do you even watch the league FYI plateau united have any unbeaten record through out this season they haven't even drawn a match away they won all and last week also abia warriors defeated reigning champions in front of there fans in Enugu a number of draws also happen so get ur facts right

For week 3 please put up the scoreline here. And state it properly o Mr. Truther as in home teams first.

But you said "I'm trying relentlessly to stop the progress of the league", can you quote where else I have said or did anything untrue about the league? If you're not just more concern about my signature commentgrin

You said alot of people put in money yes I agree they do put in money to influence the results in their favour and if you say that's not so then you must be a beneficiary of such practicesgrin

Yeah you are right just as I don't watch WWE so also I don't watch Nigeria league because I am not a fan of stimulation sports.grin
Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by PROVERBZ(m): 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
psalmsjob:

For week 3 please put up the scoreline here. And state it properly o Mr. Truther as in home teams first.

But you said "I'm trying relentlessly to stop the progress of the league", can you quote where else I have said or did anything untrue about the league? If you're not just more concern about my signature commentgrin

You said alot of people put in money yes I agree they do put in money to influence the results in their favour and if you say that's not so then you must be a beneficiary of such practicesgrin

Yeah you are right just as I don't watch WWE so also I don't watch Nigeria league because I am not a fan of stimulation sports.grin
yes this week there was no away draw or win but have u checked the upper weeks before u made that negative remark ??

yes u don't watch the league I understand but den u show to make remarks to futile other peoples effort I have been writing articles for the npfl for a long tym

we are creating awareness that yes the country has a league you know how hard it was to get a mod how would keep on posting updates about the npfl week in week out

after having a breakthrough last season we hoping to achieve more and see if the government can start repairing the stadiums

and this kind of negative remark is not helping us At all

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by psalmsjob: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
PROVERBZ:
yes this week there was no away draw or win but have u checked the upper weeks before u made that negative remark ??

yes u don't watch the league I understand but den u show to make remarks to futile other peoples effort I have been writing articles for the npfl for a long tym

we are creating awareness that yes the country has a league you know how hard it was to get a mod how would keep on posting updates about the npfl week in week out

after having a breakthrough last season we hoping to achieve more and see if the government can start repairing the stadiums

and this kind of negative remark is not helping us At all

You really wow me with this reply, it good of you to admit where you were wrong because it gives more credibility to your efforts to promote the league.

I initially made that comment based on week 3 result in particular and I said before I don't follow the league like I used to. I was a fan of Ranchers Bees before the similitude of "arrangee" game crept in.

I think in addition to good standard stadiums more "retiring" football players of note from major leagues in the world should be signed up by these clubs something close to what China is doing now and USA did some few years ago it will help the league and train those referees to be impartial.

More grease to your efforts brother, you just won my interest back with your attitude. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by freshcvvs: 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ermacc:
maybe you should learn to speak the truth and not be an unneccesary chauvinist. Did I say anything about draws? How many away victories are recorded in a season? How does having a low number of away victories bring disrepute to a league?

Think na.

Did you not see screenshot I posted?

How many away clubs win in some European leagues abroad?

In week 21 and 22 of EPL, only 3 away wins recorded and if you check other weeks, you are likely to see a lesser away wins too.

Keep spoiling your own and see if you will ever grow.
Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by LorDBolton(m): 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
Bolustic:
All the NPFL needs is privatization, Ifeanyi Ubah FC is a testimony to this fact.

With privatization comes funds, efficiency, catch branding and packaging.

Imagine Dangote having huge stakes in Kano Pillars, Adenuga in 3SC/Gateway and the Indimis with ElKanemi Warriors.

Just imagine.

Bruv e for make sense

But I'll be honest with you...so far ifeanyi ubah fc doesn't look like a well run club JUST YET

Also for your info orji uzor kalu(ouk) FC dey, abubakar bukola saraki(ABS) FC dey there amongst others

The league needs serious govt attention at fed n local level

It will interest u to know that most stadiums in England are actually owned by their various city councils, only a few clubs own their stadium outright,

I heard Abia wants to build a modern city called 'enyimba city' question I asked myself is...is enyimba int'l fc a part of their plan? Will they apportion enough land for them? On a lease basis etc

Truth is bruv we actually need MORE Govt attention in our league, once govt does the needful the dangotes will happily invest in our league
Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by OxTemi: 6:53am On Jan 24, 2017
henrydadon:
sad

am wondering why the Nigerian league isn't so popular among among Nigerian damn self..

you hardly see the youth debate or talk about the NPL league the way they do and argue with each other when discussing about the English premier league

it a shame really we should learn to support our own

it means you've not being to Ibadan
Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by duchess02(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
pizza10:
was at the stadium yesterday for remo/abia match
was also dere live too,will be dere on sunday again for dere match against el-kanemi
Re: Nigeria Professional Football League Week 3: The Winners And The Losers by tck2000(m): 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2019
Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let’s See In April, May – Solskjaer Speaks On Man Utd’s Title Ambitions / Arsenal Sticking With Emery But Warns Him That Results Must Improve / Startimes To Show EPL Live Matches This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.