Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused (38350 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet / "Babangida Aliyu Deceived Jonathan" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Lastborn12(m): 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
adonbilivit:
wannan iyamiri ya iya magana. amma Dan me ya shiga PDP? ya shigo APC Dan Allah

Igbo mai kiriki...wannan namune.

Ma gworo mefalu.
Kinawakai ne??
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Nusaf: 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
babakb:
Enough of these excuses, we know all the damage jona and pdp did that is why we voted buhari and apc to change Things, if they are telling us that the damage is beyond repair then apc is not what we need.
They shd shut up and keep working.

It takes very little time to destroy but much time to rebuild. One of the rebuilding efforts is the widely condemned ongoing gradual recovery of loots from state treasury and the anti-corruption fight. Apart from that, which miracle are u expecting?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Nusaf: 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
adonbilivit:
baka gane ba. na San peter obi ba bahaushe ba, amma na mune. duk mai kirki, na mune.

Kwarai. Da Igbo, da bayarbe, in har yana da kirki, ta, yazama na mu. In bahaushe ba ya da kirki, ko mai jemun sa, wawa ne.
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by osusuallstars: 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
An now, are they saving? No. Who is to be blame, those politicians that were there when I was a kid and they are still there. Just like those made men at the glass house.. If Gambia with population of 1.8m people is a country why is Biafra with a 51m lively people still living in the zoo
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by agabaI23(m): 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Goodluck Jonathan administration again.

Recession

Recession

Jona started it

Did you read the short article?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by adonbilivit: 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nusaf:

Kwarai. Da Igbo, da bayarbe, in har yana da kirki, ta, yazama na mu. In bahaushe ba ya da kirki, ko mai jemun sa, wawa ne.
u
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by mantosa(m): 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
Thank you for calling this confused homeless afonja. Thank you once again.

Godprotectigbo2:

i know say u no understand the news

u just wanna shout ipod
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Akaujaa(m): 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
adonbilivit:
wannan iyamiri ya iya magana. amma Dan me ya shiga PDP? ya shigo APC Dan Allah

Igbo mai kiriki...wannan namune.

...and what's makes you think this is an Hausa forum?
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by adonbilivit: 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Akaujaa:

...and what's makes you think this is an Hausa forum?
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by adonbilivit: 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lastborn12:

Ma gworo mefalu.
Kinawakai ne??
hahaha...mai gida kwanta hankalinka
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by APCmyheart(m): 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
Anticorruption:
amaechi who speare headed it is now a minister

Don't even blame Ameachi, We have a President who is not fit to be president.
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by APCmyheart(m): 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
lielbree:
Yes. This is the truth!

Ameachi did not want to hear the word save! He even sued FG just to divide excess crude funds.

Today he is a hero angry

Why dint they force OBJ to share the money then? GEJ is too soft that's just it...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by zendy: 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nogodye:
IPOB will not be happy with this news

Why? The news actually helps to show that Nigeria does not work as a nation.
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by doubleportion: 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
If the body language of Jonathan indicated prudency, Amaechi and the govs will not have a choice but to comply, but you all know what happened to the portion belonged to thr FG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by zendy: 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
origima:
Am an IBO man but IBO's will not like this news at all as far Buhari is not was not mentioned as the Genesis of our troubles

There is no tribe in Nigeria called IBO

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by APCmyheart(m): 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nehemiah459:
Haba... You forgot the governors sued FG to court?

Bros all na formality make them go sue Buhari now..
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nogodye:
IPOB will not be happy with this news
Governors Led By Rotimi Ameachi Who Is Now A Minister In This APC Government. Most Of Those Governors Are Now In APC And Pointing Accusing Fingers At GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Olaolufred(m): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nusaf:

Then what happened to the FG share?

Remember, FG share of the loot is 58%.

36 states + 774 LGA shared 42%.

We must stop hiding from the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Prechy08(m): 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
I know many People Will Miss the Part he Said the governors didnt listen and insisted money be spent
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by 1wolex85: 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
obailala:
The last time there was a sharp drop in oil prices was in 2008. The drop lasted barely over 6 months and it cost Nigeria $20billion of its reserves to ensure that the economy wasnt affected. The current drop in oil prices has lasted close to 3 years, I wonder how much of savings would have really saved us. On the contrary, I think aggressive investments in key infrastructure, specifically power infrastructure and refineries is what would have made a lot of difference.

Exactly! How can you be saving when you have great infrastructure deficit. It doesn't make sense
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by APCmyheart(m): 7:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
mykeljosef:

do you understand the saying majority wins the vote.....if 35 governors say no saving

and the president say yes

kolewerk

that is why there is a governors forum and an executive council.....

think before you talk

make them come try am with Buhari now, Why can't they try it with OBJ..
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Olaolufred(m): 7:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
doubleportion:
If the body language of Jonathan indicated prudency, Amaechi and the govs will not have a choice but to comply, but you all know what happened to the portion belonged to thr FG

Okonjo and Sanusi advised saving.

Jonathan and Governors agreed.

Later, the same savings started reducing (about $7billions) without state and Lgs being in the picture.

That called for suspicion that goodluck is not sincere.

So, instead of the FG enjoying the savings meant for all, they demanded ALL ( fg, state, LGs) must have their own share.
Since Goodluck can not manage its own appetite, he is forced to share across board to satisfy everybody.

IF HE DOES NOT TOUCH THE RESERVES, STATE WOULD HAVE NO LEGAL GROUND AGAINST HIM.

A leader is one by being able to stand wise and prudent in such situation.

Obi said the truth in part, but won't say the whole for politics.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Acetyl(m): 7:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
kokomilala:
I've been saying it for sometime now, ours is a wasted generation.Wasted in terms of the embarrassment of resources at our mercy.And I look at the term generation in a medium sense-1960 to date.Since the 1980s people who have found themselves in public offices, have been fortuitous.At best, they've been accidents of history.They had no business there whatsoever.
In a country blessed with plenty of resource, the disconnect between these resources and prosperity is the abject failure of leadership,whose poster boys are the leaders who stumbled into various offices, from the presidency to the council level.
Our case is that of 'what could have been?'
u r intelligent bro
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Positivepoint(m): 7:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
obailala:
The last time there was a sharp drop in oil prices was in 2008. The drop lasted barely over 6 months and it cost Nigeria $20billion of its reserves to ensure that the economy wasnt affected. The current drop in oil prices has lasted close to 3 years, I wonder how much of savings would have really saved us. On the contrary, I think aggressive investments in key infrastructure, specifically power infrastructure and refineries is what would have made a lot of difference.

Sold points, we could ve boast of working refineries & stable power if not 4 d politics of niger delta.
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by sweerychick(f): 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
origima:
Am an IBO man but IBO's will not like this news at all as far Buhari is not was not mentioned as the Genesis of our troubles
thank God you said you are an Ibo man and not Igbo. Back to the topic well I'm happy for peter obi statement. GEJ gave too much power to governors that's why the were dictating to him on how to run Nigeria. Obj really checked this governors during his tenure undecided
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by lielbree: 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
APCmyheart:

Why dint they force OBJ to share the money then? GEJ is too soft that's just it...

Who said obj didn't share
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by trillville(m): 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
obailala:

this your suggestion is like advising a football team to buy only strikers without mid fielders and defenders.

nigeria needed to do both savings and infrastructural investments then and even more necessarily now.
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by APCmyheart(m): 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
lielbree:

Who said obj didn't share

I like this kind argument with sources please..

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by Sammiejokes(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
mykeljosef:

dont act like a puto

do you understand democracy

do you think the president just enforces what he pleases

the governors who are now majority of those in apc are to be blamed

coz they never ever wanted to hear the word save
its called democracy but when you have a dunce and a looter as the account handler you immediately ask for your share before the IB finishes the money on thieves that are not corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by mykeljosef: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
APCmyheart:

make them come try am with Buhari now, Why can't they try it with OBJ..

times have changed

and i keep saying it that "no nonsense" mantra you guys hold buhari by when he leaves you'll cry

Nigerians really don't know what is going on

you really need have an insider to know the large scale corruption thats on going

take last year budget into consideration..

i really don't have time to explain to you
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by djkirkoo2(m): 8:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
freeborn76:
When I talk, people say Yoloba...Now we know the genesis of recession
Learn how to read and understand
Re: Peter Obi: Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi Begged Us To Save But We Refused by djkirkoo2(m): 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Goodluck Jonathan administration again.

Recession

Recession

Jona started it

You go school at all so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biden Announces US Presidential Delegation To Attend Tinubu's Inauguration / CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians / IPOB Referendum Rally In Malaga, Spain Today (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.