Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? (50490 Views)

Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? / 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by markpenk: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
Is this true?
Fiwasayo:
Surulere,there is power supply 16 hours a day,at least,where i live,it is secure,and it is a central location to other places...you can easily asses ikeja,the island,badagry etc
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by markpenk: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
Thanks bruv... Excellent suggestions... I'm inclined to follow your suggestions. Magodo 2 and Ikeja GRA/ikeja generally seem like excellent options at this point
PunditAfrica:
You have the money,, Ikeja GRA is best, it is close to everything that matters.. Next is magodo, cool and planned estate that has a unique prestige.. Then houses on Allen avenue, opebi, alausa, very serene wt proximity to businesses that matters and luxury clubs on Oba akran. Omole phase 1 is next wt quick entry and exit lagos access. Gbagada is a large "above average" settlement, big bussineses lyk yudala, Zinox, UPS have dia HQ dia and every neibourhood is tarred. Surulere is a mixed settlement, it has d upscale bode Thomas street, adeniran ogunsanya street, eric moore etc yet it has d pulse of ojuelegba, Lawanson, shitta etc bt the good thing is that as large as it is 90% of roads r tarred.

Pple don't actually know that yaba has London within it. Behind the noise of yaba market and the pulse of insurance companies are very beautiful foreign designed homes in yaba. I stumbled on that settlement not long ago.. I cut in somwhere on murtala muhammed way and behold, fine homes, beautiful women and serene cool environment...

So OP, ur pocket is all that matters, Lagos has somtin for everyone... Anthony, Maryland and palmgroove estate are also nice settlement on d mainland...

And if you vex, go to lekki, ajah, vgc, ikoyi, banana, Victoria or eko Atlantic!!
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by TPound(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hydriss:
ta4gazaya
you no well!
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by bunlizlaw(f): 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
Please choose Gbagada Phase 2. It's the best based on the conditions u listed. You will thank me later if u do. Gbagada all the way.
markpenk:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm thinking of relocating to Lagos, and I'd like some valuable information. I have already narrowed down my areas of interest to just four locales:

1. Ajao Estate
2. Gbagada
3. Surulere
4. Ikeja -not OPIC/Isheri North

I chose these areas because because of their relative centrality (if we could call it that), ease of access -I can easily navigate my way to the Island, Airport etc- and the possibility of getting relatively new homes. Alternative suggestions particularly around those areas are highly welcome. Now my questions are as follows:

Which would you recommend based on the following criteria:

1. Serenity
2. Electricity/Power -looking for relatively stable power o (not 24 hours before una go yab me cheesy grin) that I can supplement with gen/inverter
3. Possibility of securing new or relatively new homes (it doesn't make sense to fork over 5 times the value of what I'm paying where I'm located now for a similar build)
4. Security
5. Accessibility - Tarred, interlocked roads or well graded roads at the very least.
6. No flooding

Also, if you could also recommend specific estates, that would be really helpful.

Please note: I'm a bachelor looking to settle down sometime soon. So, proximity to good schools and all those other family-based decisions aren't a priority right now. Also, I'm not exactly interested in moving to the island for now. I no get strength to battle flooding issues lol.

I'm hoping this thread would also be beneficial to other folks with similar interests. Thank you.

Lalasticlala mynd44 lawyer... please help a brother out. Na beg i dey beg o. I no do shakara grin

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by markpenk: 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2017
Gbagada phase 2... Where's that please?!
bunlizlaw:
Please choose Gbagada Phase 2. It's the best based on the conditions u listed. You will thank me later if u do. Gbagada all the way.
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by madridguy(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ayam sorry. I came to dorcas recently I should have check on you tongue

stainless239:
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by yom2(m): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
ailehwise:

pls i need a room self con too aroud fagba or ogba
ok whats ur budget?
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Threebear(m): 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
markpenk:
Lol... Maybe sometime next year. Still thinking about it. For now though, and after pictures/videos of VGC roads being under water, I'm having a huge rethink. B
Lekki and VGC, Two very different place.
Don't talk like an ignorant person.
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by markpenk: 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
Don't be stupid and crass... And it's "places", not place seeing as it's plural. I currently frequent the Island whenever I'm in Lag for work/pleasure and am aware of the flooding situation, particularly during the wet season.

If you have no meaningful contributions to the topic, kindly leave the thread.
Threebear:

Lekki and VGC, Two very different place.
Don't talk like an ignorant person.
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by franzis(m): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
blank:

Yes. Illupeju especially has a very high crime rate. Obanikoro and Palmgrove has those Shomolu and Bariga boys to contend with.
I disagree with you, I lived in surulere and what I witnessed there is far more worse than what happens @ those areas
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by markpenk: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
Really?! I was always under the impression that 'lere was relatively safe and secure.
franzis:
I disagree with you, I lived in surulere and what I witnessed there is far more worse than what happens @ those areas
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Fiwasayo(f): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
hefelove:

16hrs light? wer in surulere please?
Eric Moore.

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Fiwasayo(f): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
markpenk:
Is this true?
Yes,I'm serious.

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by MrOrioye(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
Magodo. Beside Evan's house. Security guaranteed.

markpenk:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm thinking of relocating to Lagos, and I'd like some valuable information. I have already narrowed down my areas of interest to just four locales:

1. Ajao Estate
2. Gbagada
3. Surulere
4. Ikeja -not OPIC/Isheri North

I chose these areas because because of their relative centrality (if we could call it that), ease of access -I can easily navigate my way to the Island, Airport etc- and the possibility of getting relatively new homes. Alternative suggestions particularly around those areas are highly welcome. Now my questions are as follows:

Which would you recommend based on the following criteria:

1. Serenity
2. Electricity/Power -looking for relatively stable power o (not 24 hours before una go yab me cheesy grin) that I can supplement with gen/inverter
3. Possibility of securing new or relatively new homes (it doesn't make sense to fork over 5 times the value of what I'm paying where I'm located now for a similar build)
4. Security
5. Accessibility - Tarred, interlocked roads or well graded roads at the very least.
6. No flooding

Also, if you could also recommend specific estates, that would be really helpful.

Please note: I'm a bachelor looking to settle down sometime soon. So, proximity to good schools and all those other family-based decisions aren't a priority right now. Also, I'm not exactly interested in moving to the island for now. I no get strength to battle flooding issues lol.

I'm hoping this thread would also be beneficial to other folks with similar interests. Thank you.

Lalasticlala mynd44 lawyer... please help a brother out. Na beg i dey beg o. I no do shakara grin

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by MzJin(f): 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
markpenk:
Thanks Mzjin. Only problem with Ajao is poor power supply. It's why I crossed it off my list.

Ok Sir my next option u try out ikeja then.....Sir

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by SuccyJ(f): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hello, I'm a student and looking forward to do my 6months internship in Lagos from July. I just want to know if there's any good and safe place I can pay 6months rent in Lagos and stay during this period.
I want to intern in Lagos because I plan to settle down there after school for so many reasons. I love Lagos. Any useful info pls let me know , I've bn searching online
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Firstinline(m): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
omonighoblessing:
how much can I get a room and parlour self contain there pls?

It's in the range of N250 - N300,000
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by marvin902(m): 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
CodeBlooded:
Stay in ketu and thank me later.
how's ketu like.. and will in be in my budget range
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by marvin902(m): 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
SuccyJ:
Hello, I'm a student and looking forward to do my 6months internship in Lagos from July. I just want to know if there's any good and safe place I can pay 6months rent in Lagos and stay during this period.
I want to intern in Lagos because I plan to settle down there after school for so many reasons. I love Lagos. Any useful info pls let me know , I've bn searching online

it seems we are almost in the same position..
apart from the 6months intern
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Sulaimonsb(m): 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
wat of Idimu.... idimu make sense
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by bewla(m): 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
[quote author=ailehwise post=57418928] pls can we chat on whatapp or call zero-8-1-threehundred-38-three-one-one
need a room self con around that oke ira[/quote) OK am on u
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by CodeBlooded: 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
marvin902:

how's ketu like..
and will in be in my budget range
Ketu is okay in terms of distance to other part of Lagos. For instance you can get to the popular mile12 market with just N50, Island with just N150, Ikorodu with just N70 in the early hours of the day. Fadayi, palm grove, onipan, yaba, ojuelegba and others are below 200

Social life is at your doorstep because with just 100naira tfare, you will get exposed ro the social life in ikeja.

#KetuBreed
#CodeBlooded

A decent room and parlor self cont is around 200.
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by marvin902(m): 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
CodeBlooded:

Ketu is okay in terms of distance to other part of Lagos. For instance you can get to the popular mile12 market with just N50, Island with just N150, Ikorodu with just N70 in the early hours of the day. Fadayi, palm grove, onipan, yaba, ojuelegba and others are below 200

Social life is at your doorstep because with just 100naira tfare, you will get exposed ro the social life in ikeja.

#KetuBreed
#CodeBlooded

A decent room and parlor self cont is around 200.

thanks like the location will save me from lot's of expenses to and for VI...
I was just looking for a place that's not too quiet
and lively at the same time..
will just check for a decent apartment online
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by kachiz(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
MrOrioye:

Evans the Incredible grin grin cheesy
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by IsheriNorthGRA: 1:26am On Jun 12, 2017
markpenk:
Too far out... Plus there's significant risk of flooding from what I heard

If you consider the traffic that is now eradicated, it's no more too far. You can follow @IsheriNorth on IG to see what Ojodu Berger looks like now and also pictures of Isheri North & the GRA.

And regarding flooding, it's raining tonight, get pictures of Lekki and VGC and upload and I will upload pictures of Isheri North by tomorrow.

So many people deal on hearsay and makes them miss lifetime opportunities. It's a thing you can come check by yourself. Except from when the people at the dam need ecological money from the government, then they allow the artificial flood which will be dealt with if not already.

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by markpenk: 7:22am On Jun 12, 2017
Checked out your handle on IG... Looks good. Thanks for the information. My major concern is the bolded. Parts of the estate were flooded last year, right?
IsheriNorthGRA:

If you consider the traffic that is now eradicated, it's no more too far. You can follow @IsheriNorth on IG to see what Ojodu Berger looks like now and also pictures of Isheri North & the GRA.

And regarding flooding, it's raining tonight, get pictures of Lekki and VGC and upload and I will upload pictures of Isheri North by tomorrow.

So many people deal on hearsay and makes them miss lifetime opportunities. It's a thing you can come check by yourself. Except from when the people at the dam need ecological money from the government, then they allow the artificial flood which will be dealt with if not already.
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by markpenk: 7:25am On Jun 12, 2017
Lol... Are you talking about the same Evans? The kidnapper? cheesy
MrOrioye:

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by markpenk: 7:27am On Jun 12, 2017
Lol... I guess this confirms it. grin cheesy. Mrorioye... Well done o.
kachiz:

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by MrOrioye(m): 8:30am On Jun 12, 2017
Hehe...Was just reaching out to my fellow brethren.

markpenk:
Lol... I guess this confirms it. grin cheesy. Mrorioye... Well done o.

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by MrOrioye(m): 8:31am On Jun 12, 2017
You sef sabi am?...hehe

kachiz:

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by IsheriNorthGRA: 10:22am On Jun 12, 2017
markpenk:
Checked out your handle on IG... Looks good. Thanks for the information. My major concern is the bolded. Parts of the estate were flooded last year, right?

Yes, it was.

This is it. The team at the dam were replaced, the new team wanted ecological fund, so they caused the flood to get government's attention. Then back it up with lies.

The years before last year, nothing of such happened, and of course it rained during those years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) / Lady Angry At Police For Evicting Her Unjustly (photos) / Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.