Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? (1733 Views)

Jesus Was Not From The Lineage Of David! / Be Free From Masturbation In The Name Of Jesus Christ. / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by LadanOdion: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mary was a virgin

Joseph is the one from the lineage of David as we see in Matthew 1

Jesus was born from a virgin
In the bible, lineage is followed through the father's side not the mother's

2 Samuel 7:12-16 is where we find the prophecy that Jesus will be from David's lineage, from his seed, his blood but, as stated above Joseph is the one who is related to David and not Mary.

If Jesus was born from a virgin who was not impregnated by Joseph, how is he related to David?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by frank317: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
Relax,the Bible can say anything u want it to say. Someone shamelessly used the Bible to prove that burnt offering means service to God, as in, reverend fathers are doing burnt offering with their bodies to God.

Ebuka has used the Bible to explain that God has always been existing all alone and got bored all of a sudden decided to create man who can love him, which is clearly not working.

You can also use the Bible to claim that Jesus had a Nigerian lineage, with the help of holy spirit, all kind of interpretation is possible.

The Bible was used to prove that satan tempted eve, when I read it with my physical eyes, I saw that it was a serpent who was wisest among the beast of the field. God even cursed serpent and didn't once curse satan when he was in one of his anger moods.

Now Jesus who was clearly born by a virgin mother, never go fu-cked by Joseph before birth, is automatically from king David's lineage...

Holy spirit, I hailoooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by menxer: 5:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
Una don start again, abi?
Kontinu

Una don forget say Holy Spirit that impregnated Mary was of the house of David.

Lineage can be traced spiritually too, Else how are we all claiming Abraham's blessings?

Come to think of it, na only virgin holy spirit dey sample. How is that different from the sons of God that Sampled the daughters of men?
grin

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by hopefulLandlord: 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
The Christian canon has internal contradictions and historical implausibilities so grievous that the canon has little or no credibility. Arguably true. The conclusion then is that there is no God. But this is a leap. The valid conclusion is that the Yahweh/Christ divinity is not credible and so does not exist.

We need more atheists, and nothing will get you there faster than a thorough reading of the Bible.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by felixomor: 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
LadanOdion:

Mary was a virgin

2 Samuel 7:12-16 is where we find the prophecy that Jesus will be from David's lineage, from his seed, his blood but, as stated above Joseph is the one who is related to David and not Mary.

If Jesus was born from a virgin who was not impregnated by Joseph, how is he related to David?

Both Mary and Joseph were from the household of David
Mary is coming directly from the household of David as seen in Luke 3
Joseph is also coming in as both thw adopted father of Jesus and also a descendant of David through one of the lineages of Solomon.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by mrmrmister: 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2017
According to the bible fairy tales, I can call myself the son of anyone.

That's why christians call themselves children of Abraham.

They also call themselves children of israel.

And lemme not forget: Nigeria is our Jerusalem grin
I hear am tire for church.

Very delusional people grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by hopefulLandlord: 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2017
felixomor:

Joseph is also coming in as both thw adopted father of Jesus and also a descendant of David through one of the lineages of Solomon.

Females don't count

Mary’s genealogy is completely impertinent to Jesus’ supposed lineage to King David because nowhere in the New Testament is Mary’s genealogy recorded. if I'm wrong point it out

As mentioned above, matrilineal ancestry (of or based on kinship with the mother or the female line) is impertinent to tribe identification. Both the first chapter of Matthew and in the third chapter of Luke contain the genealogy of Joseph alone.

Although these two genealogies completely contradict each other which shows how much of bull the bible is full of, neither suggests that Mary was a descendant of king of David. Joseph’s genealogy is impertinent to Jesus because according to two out of four Gospels claim that Joseph was not Jesus’ father. The author of the Book of Mark, the earliest of the four Gospels, knows nothing of a virgin birth, and accordingly, begins his book with the baptism of Jesus. The Book of John contains no infancy narrative.

In fact, Luke claims that Mary was the cousin of Elizabeth, who he says was a descendant of Aaron the high priest, placing her in the tribe of Levi, not David’s tribe of Judah.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by paulGrundy(m): 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
LadanOdion:

Mary was a virgin

According to the Jewish customs, the genealogy of man is traced from his/her fathers side. The fact that Mary was not impregnated by Joseph but by an incorruptible seed, proves beyond doubt the diety of christ.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by hopefulLandlord: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
paulGrundy:

According to the Jewish customs, the genealogy of man is traced from his/her fathers side.

Good! Felixomor should see this

The fact that Mary was not impregnated by Joseph but by an incorruptible seed, proves beyond doubt the diety of christ.

how does this relate to David? the above post is non sequitur or maybe you should elucidate on it
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by felixomor: 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Females don't count

Mary’s genealogy is completely irrelevant to Jesus’ supposed lineage to King David. For good reason, nowhere in the New Testament is Mary’s genealogy recorded.

As mentioned above, matrilineal ancestry is irrelevant to tribe identification. Both the first chapter of Matthew and in the third chapter of Luke contain a putative genealogy of Joseph alone.

Although these two genealogies completely contradict each other, neither suggests that Mary was a descendant of king of David. Joseph’s genealogy is irrelevant to Jesus because according to two out of four Gospels claim that Joseph was not Jesus’ father. The author of the Book of Mark, the earliest of the four Gospels, knows nothing of a virgin birth, and accordingly, begins his book with the baptism of Jesus. The Book of John contains no infancy narrative.

In fact, Luke claims that Mary was the cousin of Elizabeth, who he says was a descendant of Aaron the high priest, placing her in the tribe of Levi, not David’s tribe of Judah.

Abeg, when did u start reading bible?
Well, i would only explain for the benefit of neutrals.

In jewish custom, there was always a possibilty of having a lineage branch if a man remarried or someone died and his wife had to marry one of his brothers.
If the man had no child, the child from the new marriage would carry on with the father's name.
And there was always high possibility that this name would follow in the geneaology despite the new marriage.
This new genealogy is the legal geneaology while the biological geneaology is also there.

It is believed that Matthew traces the biological lineage while Luke traced the legal lineage.

There is no discrepancy at all.

As a matter of fact, there are multiple ways all lineage s can still be linked.

Please read up the jewish culture of how lineages erupt due to remarriages and inheritance of children, and bereaved spouses.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by paulGrundy(m): 7:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Good! Felixomor should see this

how does this relate to David? the above post is non sequitur or maybe you should elucidate on it

David is the foster father of Jesus.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by hopefulLandlord: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
felixomor:

In jewish custom, there was always a possibilty of having a lineage branch if a man remarried or someone died and his wife had to marry one of his brothers.
If the man had no child, the child from the new marriage would carry on with the father's name.
And there was always high possibility that this name would follow in the geneaology despite the new marriage.
This new genealogy is the legal geneaology while the biological geneaology is also there.

It is believed that Matthew traces the biological lineage while Luke traced the legal lineage.

Please read up the jewish culture of how lineages erupt due to remarriages and inheritance of children, and bereaved spouses.

bros, can't you read or is assimilation your problem?

how does this gotquestions and mish mash of Christian apologists sites' drivel you made a composite of answer the objections I put up there?

read, understand, take your sweet time and reply

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by hopefulLandlord: 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
paulGrundy:

David is the foster father of Jesus.

I'm afraid you haven't answered my question properly

below is the quote I need an explanation for

The fact that Mary was not impregnated by Joseph but by an incorruptible seed, proves beyond doubt the diety of christ.

how does this PROVE he's son of David?

how is he being born by incorruptible seed prove beyond reasonable doubt that he's from David?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by Boss13: 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
felixomor:

Oga your write up is speculative
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by felixomor: 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

how does this gotquestions and mish mash of Christian apologists sites' drivel you made a composite of answer the objections I put up there?

If u dont want to understand, just say

In jewish custom,
There are different things that can switch a lineage at any branch and make it branch at any point,
E.g
Marriage of a dead brothers wife
Adoption of brothers child
Marriage of a cousin's wife
Adoption of a son with a dead father as relative...
Marriage of multiple wives
Non delivery of male children

And many many more.....
So a genealogy does not tell the whole story of a person.

That is the summary of what I have told you.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by felixomor: 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Boss13:

Oga your write up is speculative

Yes it is.
Because he is trying to also speculate information which was not given in the bible.
His assumptions are based on many things
E.g that all men listed in a genealogy are direct sons of each other.
Its a false assumption.
Some men over the generations wont have male children
And other assumptions
Etc Etc
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by paulGrundy(m): 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm afraid you haven't answered my question properly

below is the quote I need an explanation for

how does this PROVE he's son of David?

how is he being born by incorruptible seed prove beyond reasonable doubt that he's from David?

When you adopt a son a do all the legal technicalities sorounding that child, that makes him bear your surname isn't?

Something else you have to know is that Mary was a direct descendant of King David which gave Jesus the right to ascend the Jewish throne, both through Mary and through adoption by his foster father, Joseph. Mary's genealogy is supplied in Luke 3:23-38 .

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by johnydon22(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

the truth is that the whole problem is a paradox created by wanting to eat your cake and have it by the founding father's of christianity.

first sex was something regarded as a sin and impure in the eyes of the church, even sex in marriage is still regarded as a sin but a rather necessary sin this time around.

the psalmist once said "i was conceived in sin"

so for Jesus to be the special one of God, it was not to be heard that he should be born of the impure sex, sex should be beneath the son of God because sex is unclean and a necessary evil therefore should be unworthy of the son of God - that was where the whole idea of Virgin birth came to be and it ended up putting the whole story in a paradoxical loop.

The prophecy of the messiah was that the messiah must be from the line of david therefore it was necessary for the founders of the church to make Jesus from the line of david so he could have a claim on the messiahood but that was murdered by the very fact that Jesus was born of the holy spirit and not joseph.

first the jews for sure do not count a man's genealogy from his Mother's side and surely enough an illegitimate son has no claim on a king's throne.

so if mary as the argument above states is from the line of David, she was a woman and cannot lay claim to the throne of David, so if the argument is from that angle then it still falls back that Jesus has no legitimate claim to the throne of David and therefore cannot be the messiah.

and then again if the argument is that Jesus is the foster son of Joseph then jesus cannot also have a claim on the throne neither is he a seed of david therefore still cannot also fulfill the talmudic prophecy of the messiah.

The only way for Jesus to be from the line of david is for jesus to be the biological son of jospeh but the church wanted to eat their cake and have it.

he cannot be born of sex but must also be a seed of david - which is impossible, he cannot only be a foster son of Joseph which breaks the link as a seed to David.

the thing is that the father's of the church like in most other messianic prophecies are desperate to reconcile Jesus with the messiah but it created a whole lot of paradoxes cus jesus didnt fit in any of the messianic requirements so a whole lot of twisting had to be done

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by johnydon22(m): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2017
paulGrundy:

When you adopt a son a do all the legal technicalities sorounding that child, that makes him bear your surname isn't?

Something else you have to know is that Mary was a direct descendant of King David which gave Jesus the right to ascend the Jewish throne, both through Mary and through adoption by his foster father, Joseph. Mary's genealogy is supplied in Luke 3:23-38 .

there are two lies in this post.
1. that the jewish customs allow a claim to the throne of David through the mother's line
2. that a foster son can succeed the king
and in order to make it simple i will refute that absurd claim with a biblical question.

give me one example where in the bible a king is chosen from his mother's line
give me an example in the bible where a foster son claims the throne..

if there are no such examples you can provide i trust the post up there becomes baseless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by paulGrundy(m): 9:10am On Jan 24, 2017
johnydon22:

there are two lies in this post.
1. that the jewish customs allow a claim to the throne of David through the mother's line
2. that a foster son can succeed the king
and in order to make it simple i will refute that absurd claim with a biblical question.

give me one example where in the bible a king is chosen from his mother's line
give me an example in the bible where a foster son claims the throne..

if there are no such examples you can provide i trust the post up there becomes baseless.

The type of King Jesus is, is not the earthly Jewish type, remember he said his kingdom is not of this world.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by johnydon22(m): 9:23am On Jan 24, 2017
paulGrundy:

The type of King Jesus is, is not the earthly Jewish type, remember he said his kingdom is not of this world.

lol which then makes the claim to David's line irrelevant...

what were you Guy's dragging here since then na

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by paulGrundy(m): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2017
johnydon22:

lol which then makes the claim to Davis line irrelevant...

It does not make it irrelevant because Mary the mother of Christ is also from Davids line.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by johnydon22(m): 9:27am On Jan 24, 2017
paulGrundy:

It does not make it irrelevant because Mary the mother of Christ is also from Davids line.

jeez #Sighs..

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by MrMontella(m): 11:47am On Jan 24, 2017
felixomor:

bloodlines are only passed through the father in jewish customs

also bloodlines cannot be passed on through adoption according to jewish laws too...

Also they are grave consequences in claiming he descended through any of them even if we accept such.
So was he an alien?
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by MrMontella(m): 11:47am On Jan 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

grin grin
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by MrMontella(m): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2017
johnydon22:
the truth is that the whole problem is a paradox created by wanting to eat your cake and have it by the founding father's of christianity

first sex was something regarded as a sin and impure in the eyes of the church, even sex in marriage is still regarded as a sin but a rather necessary sin this time around.

the psalmist once said "i was conceived in sin"

so for Jesus to be the special one of God, it was not to be heard that he should be born of the impure sex, sex should be beneath the son of God because sex is unclean and a necessary evil therefore should be unworthy of the son of God - that was where the whole idea of Virgin birth came to be and it ended up putting the whole story in a paradoxical loop.

The prophecy of the messiah was that the messiah must be from the line of david therefore it was necessary for the founders of the church to make Jesus from the line of david so he could have a claim on the messiahood but that was murdered by the very fact that Jesus was born of the holy spirit and not joseph.

first the jews for sure do not count a man's genealogy from his Mother's side and surely enough an illegitimate son has no claim on a king's throne.

so if mary as the argument above states is from the line of David, she was a woman and cannot lay claim to the throne of David, so if the argument is from that angle then it still falls back that Jesus has no legitimate claim to the throne of David and therefore cannot be the messiah.

and then again if the argument is that Jesus is the foster son of Joseph then jesus cannot also have a claim on the throne neither is he a seed of david therefore still cannot also fulfill the talmudic prophecy of the messiah.

The only way for Jesus to be from the line of david is for jesus to be the biological son of jospeh but the church wanted to eat their cake and have it.

he cannot be born of sex but must also be a seed of david - which is impossible, he cannot only be a foster son of Joseph which breaks the link as a seed to David.

the thing is that the father's of the church like in most other messianic prophecies are desperate to reconcile Jesus with the messiah but it created a whole lot of paradoxes cus jesus didnt fit in any of the messianic requirements so a whole lot of twisting had to be done
The first paragraph is the awesome truth...a typical case of that...
They had no idea the number of problems they were creating
like some here grin grin
www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion/19#52733050
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by felixomor: 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
MrMontella:

bloodlines are only passed through the father in jewish customs

also bloodlines cannot be passed on through adoption according to jewish laws too...

Also they are grave consequences in claiming he descended through any of them even if we accept such.
So was he an alien?

Abeg,
Dont say what u dont know.
Some people dont have male children,
What do they do?
Their genealogy stops?

Please go and read Genesis
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by MrMontella(m): 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
felixomor:

Abeg, Dont say what u dont know. Some people dont have male children, What do they do? Their genealogy stops?
Please go and read Genesis
please read Numbers 34:14-29,Numbers 1:18-44 and Ezra 2:59
like i said...according to jewish customs bro.. Hola!
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by felixomor: 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
MrMontella:

please read
Numbers
34:14-29,Numbers 1:18-44 and Ezra 2:59

like i said...according to jewish customs bro..
Hola!

Which custom was i talking about before?
Abeg, u have already seen my point.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by MrMontella(m): 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
felixomor:

Which custom was i talking about before? Abeg, u have already seen my point.
lol...you dont have even half a point undecided
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by felixomor: 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
MrMontella:

lol...you dont have even half a point undecided

Says the person who calls genealogy "bloodline"....
grin
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by MrMontella(m): 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Impregnated Holy Mary The Mother Of Jesus Christ / How Shoprite Bread Explains Religion In Nigeria / My Uncle Runs A Motherless Babies Home, But I Don't Like Its Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.