Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood (1799 Views)

Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections / Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon / US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
President Donald Trump Signs Executive Order to Defund International Planned Parenthood
NATIONAL STEVEN ERTELT JAN 23, 2017 | 1:16PM WASHINGTON, DC

President Donald Trump today signed an executive order to defund International Planned Parenthood.

Most pro-life Americans are anxiously awaiting Congress to pass a bill to defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business. While that defunding legislation concerns the domestic-based Planned Parenthood abortion corporation, President Trump has the ability to put in place an executive order that would revoke funding for its International affiliate.

When pro-abortion former President Barack Obama took office, Obama overturned a policy that prevented funding of groups that promote or perform abortions overseas. The Mexico City Policy covered over $400 million in federal funds, part of which flowed to the abortion businesses International Planned Parenthood and Marie Stopes International for their foreign efforts.

As LifeNews.com reported, the pro-life policy had been in place during the entirety of the Bush administration and Obama rescinded it on his first week in office. Named for a 1984 population conference where President Reagan initially announced it, the Mexico City Policy made it so family planning funds could only go to groups that would agree to not do abortions or lobby foreign nations to overturn their pro-life laws.

Today, Trump restored the Mexico City Policy by executive order.

The Executive Memorandum to reinstate the Mexico City Policy stops taxpayer funding of groups that perform and promote abortions overseas but does not stop non-abortion international assistance.

Leading pro-life groups were quick to praise Trump.

"President Trump is continuing Ronald Reagan's legacy by taking immediate action on day one to stop the promotion of abortion through our tax dollars overseas." said Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser in an email to LifeNews.com. "President Trump's immediate action to promote respect for all human life, including vulnerable unborn children abroad, as well as conscience rights, sends a strong signal about his Administration’s pro-life priorities."

Obama's decision to force Americans to pay for promoting and performing abortions overseas was not a popular one.

Reacting to the decision in a poll conducted by the Gallup organization, 58 percent of Americans oppose Obama's pro-abortion decision while just 35 percent support it and 7 percent have no opinion.

Breaking down the new poll further, Gallup asked respondents to state their opinion on seven major actions President Obama has taken since becoming president. Overturning the Mexico City Policy engendered more opposition than any of the other actions and it had the lowest level of support.

The pro-abortion move also evoked the least support from Democrats and the most opposition from Republicans and independents.

While 59 percent of Democrats supported the move, it came in last among the seven total issues on which Gallup surveyed.

Only 8 percent of Republicans backed overturning the limits as did just 33 percent of the independent voters surveyed — with opposition higher about this action than any other Obama has taken a president.

The results of the Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews with 1,027 adults across the country and were conducted January 30-February 1.

At the time, Douglas Johnson, the legislative director for the National Right to Life Committee, condemned the decision.

He told LifeNews.com how the executive order will hurt non-abortion groups that provide medical care and services to women and families in foreign nations.

"One effect of Obama’s order will be to divert many millions of dollars away from groups that do not promote abortion, and into the hands of those organizations that are the most aggressive in promoting abortion in developing countries," he said.

"Obama's order will predictably result in a redirection of funds to groups such as the International Planned Parenthood Federation, which are ideologically committed to the doctrine that abortion on demand must be universally available as a birth control method," Johnson said.

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/01/23/president-donald-trump-signs-executive-order-to-defund-international-planned-parenthood/

Pres. Donald J. Trump signs 3 executive orders, including withdrawal of U.S. from Trans-Pacific Partnership. President Trump also signed executive order imposing federal hiring freeze with exception of the military and executive order on Mexico City Policy, banning foreign NGO's from promoting or paying for abortions. http://abcn.ws/2jpBrv5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by sandyd: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
Welcome development for the church of God

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
He was serious about these things shocked

Next, the wall shocked And Nigerian immigrants¡¡¡¡

Hope you are not there Olaadegbu grin
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
sandyd:

Welcome development for the church of God

Praise the Lord! cheesy
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
Muafrika2:

He was serious about these things shocked

Next, the wall shocked And Nigerian immigrants¡¡¡¡

Hope you are not there Olaadegbu grin

This is more than me, this is about God's will being done. smiley
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

This is more than me, this is about God's will being done. smiley

And you know what God's will is and the Almighty needs Trump for his will to be manifested?

You have the brain of a monkey in the beginning stages of the evolution process.
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by idupaul: 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
God alone brought Trump to the White house
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by idupaul: 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

And you know what God's will is and the Almighty needs Trump for his will to be manifested?

You have the brain of a monkey in the beginning stages of the evolution process.

Go and sleep you Satanist it's obvious you are very pained ISIS and planned Parenthood are being routed
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
idupaul:

Go and sleep you Satanist it's obvious you are very pained ISIS and planned Parenthood are being routed

Stop exposing your one digit IQ for everyone to see. Nonsense!
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by idupaul: 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

tongue mumu homosexual

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
idupaul:

tongue mumu homosexual

I would rather be a homosexual or transgender than a brain amputated fool who thinks God the Almighty needs Trump to make things happen.
grin grin grin
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

Of cause, I know what God's will is. Do you? undecided
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
idupaul:

God alone brought Trump to the White house

It is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous in our eyes. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

Is your brain intelligently designed? undecided
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Of cause, I know what God's will is. Do you? undecided

Every single one of you lunatics - Christian or Muslim - knows EXACTLY what God's will is. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Is your brain intelligently designed? undecided

Unlike yours, yes.
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

Unlike yours, yes.

Does that mean you believe in the Intelligent Designer? undecided
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by idupaul: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

I would rather be a homosexual or transgender than a brain amputated fool who thinks God the Almighty needs Trump to make things happen.
grin grin grin

Please stop thinking you are smart because you ain't...Nobody with half an IQ will be a Hillary lover , the only people that support her are dumb peops, homosexual ,satanist and Jihadist...İ know you ain't no Jihadist, you are not Satanist ;you are nothing but a dumb homosexual tongue

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by armyofone(m): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Impossible because Americans will always have options.
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
idupaul:

Please stop thinking you are smart because you ain't...Nobody with half an IQ will be a Hillary lover , the only people that support her are dumb peops, homosexual ,satanist and Jihadist...İ know you ain't no Jihadist, you are not Satanist ;you are nothing but a dumb homosexual tongue

So in your small brain everyone who opposes Trump is a Hillary lover? grin grin grin
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Does that mean you believe in the Intelligent Designer? undecided

If you want to talk about religion, go to the religion section.
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

Every single one of you lunatics - Christian or Muslim - knows EXACTLY what God's will is. grin grin grin grin grin

Except for you atheists who neither know His will nor what purpose you are here for. undecided
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
armyofone:

Impossible because Americans will always have options.

The executive order means abortion wouldn't be funded internationally by America under Trump's administration. smiley
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by armyofone(m): 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Right, and there will be other options to fund it...just watch.

OLAADEGBU:

The executive order means abortion wouldn't be funded internationally by America under Trump's administration. smiley
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by idupaul: 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

So in your small brain everyone who opposes Trump is a Hillary lover? grin grin grin

Oga stop denying your loser mentor oo
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

In January 22 it became 44 years since America legalised murder of unborn babies and you say we shouldn't mention God? Glory be to God in the highest! He is the God who designed your brain and you dare not deny it. cool
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
The election of trump is a kind of revolution. It's the start of a new era. It's the America that has always existed behind closed doors, as far as foreign Affairs and trade relations. But now that he is being honest, perhaps African countries will stop being cowards with their dealings with her, and start protecting her own interests.

His decisions and actions have a double edged sword effect. Let's take the alleged killing of the head of ISIS. It only scatters the sheep wider over the continents and makes his enemy more obscure. He just made certain, if its true, another terrorist attack in US or Europe, or Kenya, Nigeria even,.as a revenge. And many more new ISIS sub caliphate.

By going head on against abortion, which I support, he has made enemies of militant human rights activists, and when he starts to implement other campaign promises, he'll be ruling over a divided nation. Not all his promises are Godly. Not all ideals of the American Christian conservates that he is pleasing are from God. They hate immigrants, social services, affirmative action, and think God wants them to destroy the environment undecided

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:01am On Jan 24, 2017
Muafrika2:

The election of trump is a kind of revolution. It's the start of a new era. It's the America that has always existed behind closed doors, as far as foreign Affairs and trade relations. But now that he is being honest, perhaps African countries will stop being cowards with their dealings with her, and start protecting her own interests.

It is not only a revolution, it is divine intervention to rescue a country that was racing for self destruction.

Muafrika2:

His decisions and actions have a double edged sword effect. Let's take the alleged killing of the head of ISIS. It only scatters the sheep wider over the continents and makes his enemy more obscure. He just made certain, if its true, another terrorist attack in US or Europe, or Kenya, Nigeria even,.as a revenge. And many more new ISIS sub caliphate.

At least we now know that the Government is serious in tackling Islamic terrorist and are not in a mood to play dice with them as Obama did.

Muafrika2:

By going head on against abortion, which I support, he has made enemies of militant human rights activists, and when he starts to implement other campaign promises, he'll be ruling over a divided nation. Not all his promises are Godly. Not all ideals of the American Christian conservates that he is pleasing are from God. They hate immigrants, social services, affirmative action, and think God wants them to destroy the environment undecided

Now you know the real reason the liberal world is against him. It also seems you have swallowed the propaganda of the liberals hook, line and stinker. shocked
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 24, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Now you know the real reason the liberal world is against him. It also seems you have swallowed the propaganda of the liberals hook, line and stinker. shocked

The Western liberals are crazy. Just as much as your conservatives. I don't subscribe to their thinking. I use my own reason. Not even my pastor could influence how I treat my neighbours, strangers or environment. Because the law of God, which I subscribe to, is clear on those issues. undecided
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by obixcel(m): 10:47am On Jan 24, 2017
He is already moving at lightning speed, serious man, no time for no time grin
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25am On Feb 04, 2017
Muafrika2:

The Western liberals are crazy. Just as much as your conservatives. I don't subscribe to their thinking. I use my own reason. Not even my pastor could influence how I treat my neighbours, strangers or environment. Because the law of God, which I subscribe to, is clear on those issues. undecided

You better shine your eyes and smell the coffee. cool
Re: Donald Trump Signs Executive Order To Defund International Planned Parenthood by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
Mindfulness:

Why did the women Marching in protest to the inauguration of Trump deny the pro life movement from joining them? It was because the murder of unborn babies is a moral issue and thereby related to religion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Newest Country In The World / Bob Marley's Cancer Death & The Cia / 10 Countries With The Most Number Of Nuclear Missiles-listamaze.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.