Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? (1240 Views)

GTA V Is The Highest Selling Piece Of Entertainment In History / CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. / How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by BaEnki(m): 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
I'm addicted to chess right from junior secondary school, I've managed to have Elo rating of 2027 my highest rating, when playing low rated players, I can easily win without my Queen, but my Queen is priceless when playing my 'age mate'

Over the years I realised that Queen is the most valuable piece, some said its the King, but to me the king is actually a 'vegetable smiley' or do you guys have another say? And also what's your favorite opening? For me Nh3(Amaar's opening) is my favourite. And I easily defeated many top players with it.
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by boss096(m): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
Queen of course. When i play against experts i aim for the queen and those unpredictable knights. If your queen is gone then you are most likely to lose d game.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by BaEnki(m): 8:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
boss096:
Queen of course. When i play against experts i aim for the queen and those unpredictable knights. If your queen is gone then you are most likely to lose d game.

Playing Knight is quite easy to me, I disposed off my knights and keep my two bishops like they king especially white bishop.

You can easily curtail knights if you strategically positioned your pawns. smiley
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by CallMeNJay: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2017
My Queen Piece

And my Best Opening Is E4 The Ruy Lopez.
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by CallMeNJay: 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
BaEnki:
I'm addicted to chess right from junior secondary school, I've managed to have Elo rating of 2027 my highest rating, when playing low rated players, I can easily win without my Queen, but my Queen is priceless when playing my 'age mate'

Over the years I realised that Queen is the most valuable piece, some said its the King, but to me the king is actually a 'vegetable smiley' or do you guys have another say? And also what's your favorite opening? For me Nh3(Amaar's opening) is my favourite. And I easily defeated many top players with it.

Amaars opening haven't tried that before would love to learn.
E4 Ruy Lopez is best for me
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by BaEnki(m): 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
CallMeNJay:
My Queen Piece

And my Best Opening Is E4 The Ruy Lopez.

E4 is nice too, I used to open my game with that.
When starting with amaar's opening I.e Nh3, when your opponent moves d4(black opponent) immediately you have to move g3

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by Aristo3146(m): 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
i value my Bishops
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by boss096(m): 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
BaEnki:

Playing Knight is quite easy to me, I disposed off my knights and keep my two bishops like they king especially white bishop.

You can easily curtail knights if you strategically positioned your pawns. smiley
You right thou. i stopped playing when my computers expert mode was impossible to beat. i did won a tournament in expert mode once bt dat was all. no one would play me and ma siblings thought it was too boring so I quite. BT am still good thou.
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by BaEnki(m): 10:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
boss096:
You right thou. i stopped playing when my computers expert mode was impossible to beat. i did won a tournament in expert mode once bt dat was all. no one would play me and ma siblings thought it was too boring so I quite. BT am still good thou.

Ohh sorry bout that! What's your chess software name on pc? Wanna try d expert mode too? Many people actually find the boring, but that's the people that don't understand its concept. I'm a lone player too and basically loner in nature, so I play with online friends and AIs
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by BaEnki(m): 10:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
Aristo3146:
i value my Bishops

What's your elo rating? knights are easily curtailed and captured. I trade them off quicklysmiley
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by Proffdada: 4:05am On Jan 24, 2017
My knights are more powerful than the queen
The queen is vulnerable and easy to spot
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by BaEnki(m): 7:53am On Jan 24, 2017
Proffdada:
My knights are more powerful than the queen
The queen is vulnerable and easy to spot

Woww!
I wish I can play you to test my Queen strength with your Knights strength. smiley cheesy
Re: What's Your Most Valuable Chess Piece? by boss096(m): 8:00am On Jan 24, 2017
BaEnki:

Ohh sorry bout that! What's your chess software name on pc? Wanna try d expert mode too? Many people actually find the boring, but that's the people that don't understand its concept. I'm a lone player too and basically loner in nature, so I play with online friends and AIs
try chess master king

(1) (Reply)

Clash Of Clans Reloaded. / We Can Now Play FIFA 17 For Money / Fifa 18 Competition Opened To Nairalanders In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.