Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf (1895 Views)

What's Your Advice For Couples With Joint Bank Account / My Visit To An Ashawo Joint In Lagos (PHOTO) / "I Love You No Be For Mouth" - Plus-Sized Lady Shares Her Bank Account Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 12:39am On Jan 24, 2017
Alryt..was having a very nice tym wit bae..
out of d blue she came up wit d idea of opening a joint bank account...
Told her it was an amazing idea n d I'll need time to think it through...

Its worth mentioning she's richer than me...

ladies n Gents ..HW do I proceed from here...

What are the possible benefits or problems I'll incur by opening a joint account with Bae...
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 24, 2017
cheesy

Not a bad idea.. But I hope u won't take advantage of it tho.. Use it wisely...
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 12:51am On Jan 24, 2017
TrapQueen77:
cheesy

Not a bad idea.. But I hope u won't take advantage of it tho.. Use it wisely...
will do Queen..
BT y u tink its a good idea...
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 24, 2017
JhyMedex:

will do Queen..
BT y u tink its a good idea...

Yes ofcurz .. I tried that before.. Not a bad idea as long both of u wont take advantage of it.. wink
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by kunlexy1759(m): 1:09am On Jan 24, 2017
Its a nice idea to jointly save a certain portion of ur income but still need to operate ur private account.
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 1:12am On Jan 24, 2017
TrapQueen77:

Yes ofcurz .. I tried that before.. Not a bad idea as long both of u wont take advantage of it.. wink
aight..so dere wasn't any downside ;apart from one person taking advantage of course..
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 1:13am On Jan 24, 2017
kunlexy1759:
Its a nice idea to jointly save a certain portion of ur income but still need to operate ur private account.
Yea Kunle..we'd both av our private accounts
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 24, 2017
JhyMedex:

What are the possible benefits or problems I'll incur by opening a joint account with Bae...

That's another MMM you want to invest in. And MMM still dey owe you ooo.
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by dingbang(m): 6:01am On Jan 24, 2017
She wants to see if she can trust u
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 24, 2017
you wey don mad
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 8:02am On Jan 24, 2017
PaulCI:

That's another MMM you want to invest in. And MMM still dey owe you ooo.
funny...didn't do the MMM stuff...ironically she did..
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 8:06am On Jan 24, 2017
dingbang:
She wants to see if she can trust u

Aight...BT I bet we'd gone past DT stage...

shld I go on n open it wit her...n y pls..
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by enshi(m): 8:08am On Jan 24, 2017
TrapQueen77:

Am happy to understand that you ve broken up with the guy too
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by enniewest(f): 8:09am On Jan 24, 2017
Op ,are you guys married?

If your answer is no then it's a baaaaaad idea!
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 8:12am On Jan 24, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
you wey don mad
hahaha..y u talk so...
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by ucheHapers(m): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2017
Nope...wot happens if u break up?
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by ucheHapers(m): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2017

Breakups and divorce are mostly messy
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by ucheHapers(m): 8:14am On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 8:15am On Jan 24, 2017
enniewest:
Op ,are you guys married?
If your answer is no then it's a baaaaaad idea!
nt married...y is it a baaaaaad idea?..
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 8:19am On Jan 24, 2017
ucheHapers:
Breakups and divorce are mostly messy
yea bruv...True DT.. BT dey don't av 2 b... Who knws we myt Neva brk up...
any oda reason u don't tink I shld open an account wit her
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by dingbang(m): 8:21am On Jan 24, 2017
JhyMedex:

Aight...BT I bet we'd gone past DT stage...

shld I go on n open it wit her...n y pls..
just go on and open it with her... Reason is to allow you both understand how each of you handle money.. It shows that you both have advanced in level in your relationship which is a plus.. So give it a try bro...

1 Like

Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 8:36am On Jan 24, 2017
dingbang:
just go on and open it with her... Reason is to allow you both understand how each of you handle money.. It shows that you both have advanced in level in your relationship which is a plus.. So give it a try bro...
aight.. Tanx Bruv...U've bn much help...
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by eezeribe(m): 9:13am On Jan 24, 2017
JhyMedex:

Guyman, you accepted the joint account deal because she earns more than you...
You are just a male OLOSHO.O
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 24, 2017
JhyMedex:

yea bruv...True DT..
BT dey don't av 2 b...
Who knws we myt Neva brk up...

any oda reason u don't tink I shld open an account wit her
Lol.
Some people are jokers/learners on this thread.
On no account should you open a joint account with a girl/boy you're still dating, that's stupidity of the highest order, relationships have dos and don'ts... take this as one of it's precautionary measure, Use your head. grin

Mtcheew!, joint account for what?.

3 Likes

Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
eezeribe:

Guyman, you accepted the joint account deal because she earns more than you... You are just a male OLOSHO.O
lol...Read through...did tym slowly... den pinpoint WHR I said av accepted to open d joint account... cheers
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
eezeribe:

Guyman, you accepted the joint account deal because she earns more than you... You are just a male OLOSHO.O
Olosho..DT word has always sounded funny 2 my ears.. lol...Read through...did tym slowly... den pinpoint WHR I said av accepted to open d joint account... or i myt jst call u OLODO.. cheers
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
Benita27:
Lol.
Some people are jokers/learners on this thread.
On no account should you open a joint account with a girl/boy you're still dating, that's stupidity of the highest order, relationships have dos and don'ts... take this as one of it's precautionary measure, Use your head. grin

Mtcheew!, joint account for what?.
Wow...u must b Exasperated...
cld u av relayed ur stance without being so brash?..
weldone again...

1 Like

Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
JhyMedex:

Did you have to say this? undecided

It portrays you as a gold-digger
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
JhyMedex:

Wow...u must b Exasperated...
cld u av relayed ur stance without being so brash?..
weldone again...
I hate it when people let emotions cloud their judgement on little things it shouldn't.

Sorry for sounding in a brash manner, just don't make that mistake cos things are rosy now.
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
Friendzone:

Did you have to say this? undecided

It portrays you as a gold-digger

Funny moniker... I wish u had actually used ur brain wen analyzing DT statement....
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by JhyMedex: 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
Benita27:
I hate it when people let emotions cloud their judgement on little things it shouldn't.

Sorry for sounding in a brash manner, just don't make that mistake cos things are rosy now.
Aight ma...
u knw U've said a lot BT still nt told me y u tink its such a bad idea....
Re: Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
JhyMedex:

Aight ma...
u knw U've said a lot BT still nt told me y u tink its such a bad idea....
It's a bad idea cos no one knows the duration of any relationship, you may hold perfect plans towards your spouse but anything could happen on the long-run.

Would you have you and your spouse fighting to split what's on your bank account or not?, this is inevitable when one has acrimony for the other.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Couple Rock Native Attire In Their Pre-wedding Photos / Guy Shares Cute Photo With His Girlfriend…. But It Creep People Outr / Most Girls Are Chip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.