Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Inec: Referendum In The South East Region - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec: Referendum In The South East Region (736 Views)

Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing / IPOB Member Voting For Catalonia Referendum In Spain Pictured / Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec: Referendum In The South East Region by math2000: 1:13am On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Inec: Referendum In The South East Region by math2000: 1:13am On Jan 24, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Inec: Referendum In The South East Region by igbofocus: 2:08am On Jan 24, 2017
mtcheewwwww
junk post
igbos in benue, rivers delta and some parts of edo nko?
keep spewing trash
we are coming up
Re: Inec: Referendum In The South East Region by zendy: 2:21am On Jan 24, 2017
The map is funny for different reasons

The first is that the contitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria does not recognise anything like South East, South South or Niger Delta. What the constitution recognises are tribes such as Igbo, Ijaw, Anang, Ibibio etc. So in essense, anyone talking about SE/SS or Niger Delta had better know in what context that comes in because anything not recognised in the constitution is illegal.

Another reason I find this map funny is that both my parents are proud Igbos. But this funny map put my fathers community in Biafra and my mothers community in the Niger Delta. How come? What is the map based on?

The final reason why the map is funny is because the area refered to as Biafra in the map is largely an Igbo area. Biafra has never been an Igbo only thing like many have come to believe. The last President of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, was not an Igbo man. The person who came up with the name 'Biafra' was an Ijaw man called Frank Opigo. The Chief secretary of the Biafran Government under Ojukwu was Mr N Akpan, an Annang man. Biafra is not even an Igbo word.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Inec: Referendum In The South East Region by Koleman(m): 4:44am On Jan 24, 2017
igbofocus:
mtcheewwwww junk post igbos in benue, rivers delta and some parts of edo nko? keep spewing trash we are coming up
na which benue be that?
Re: Inec: Referendum In The South East Region by DozieInc(m): 7:30am On Jan 24, 2017
zendy:
The map is funny for different reasons

The first is that the contitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria does not recognise anything like South East, South South or Niger Delta. What the constitution recognises are tribes such as Igbo, Ijaw, Anang, Ibibio etc. So in essense, anyone talking about SE/SS or Niger Delta had better know in what context that comes in because anything not recognised in the constitution is illegal.

Another reason I find this map funny is that both my parents are proud Igbos. But this funny map put my fathers community in Biafra and my mothers community in the Niger Delta. How come? What is the map based on?

The final reason why the map is funny is because the area refered to as Biafra in the map is largely an Igbo area. Biafra has never been an Igbo only thing like many have come to believe. The last President of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, was not an Igbo man. The person who came up with the name 'Biafra' was an Ijaw man called Frank Opigo. The Chief secretary of the Biafran Government under Ojukwu was Mr N Akpan, an Annang man. Biafra is not even an Igbo word.
Makes sense.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's State Of Health: Save Nigeria Group Gives govt 72hrs Ultimatum / Akeredolu's Inauguration: "Yoruba's Unity Crucial", Says Fayose / Hameed Ali: Can Wear Apc Uniform But Not Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.