Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Are European Schools Degrees Accepted In Usa - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are European Schools Degrees Accepted In Usa (574 Views)

Obinna Ukwuani Returns To Nigeria After Turning Down Job Offer In USA / Meet Lanre Udu, Medical Doctor With Two Bachelors, Two Master's Degrees, PHD / Caesar Chukwuma Nigerian Lawyer In USA Melting Hearts Of Ladies. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are European Schools Degrees Accepted In Usa by ocube1: 3:42am On Jan 24, 2017
Hello House,

Are European degrees accepted in the US for job application? I posses an engineering and business( masters) degree from Spain and recently relocated to the U.S,I am MOSTLY perturbed by having to start school over again angry

Any advice to maximize my competitive advantage for job hunting will be highly appreciated.

warmest Regards.
Ocube1
Re: Are European Schools Degrees Accepted In Usa by Naijabizguru: 5:55am On Jan 24, 2017
yes
Re: Are European Schools Degrees Accepted In Usa by ocube1: 6:46am On Jan 24, 2017
Naijabizguru:
yes

@Naijabizguru Thanks for your swift responds,do I have to evaluate the degrees?
Re: Are European Schools Degrees Accepted In Usa by Naijabizguru: 7:31am On Jan 24, 2017
ocube1:

@Naijabizguru Thanks for your swift responds,do I have to evaluate the degrees?

A degree over there will be accepted with translation and certificate and since you already can communicate so Yes you might need to evaluate the degrees but first go talk to appropriate authorities and explain yourself to make it easier for you but you will surely get a job but you might need to prove yourself for a year cos it might take some months or year before it can be evaluated if you have to go through it. Good luck and keep me posted.
Re: Are European Schools Degrees Accepted In Usa by ocube1: 8:01am On Jan 24, 2017
@ Naijabizguru

In my case, there is no need for translation since both degrees was taught and awarded in English Language.

Hopefully, some more input will come in from fellow Nairalander's who studied in Europe and presently working with their degrees in the US to buttress your comment.

Thanks once again!

Naijabizguru:

A degree over there will be accepted with translation and certificate and since you already can communicate so Yes you might need to evaluate the degrees but first go talk to appropriate authorities and explain yourself to make it easier for you but you will surely get a job but you might need to prove yourself for a year cos it might take some months or year before it can be evaluated if you have to go through it. Good luck and keep me posted.

(1) (Reply)

Four Common Mistakes Nigerian (upcoming) Rappers Make / Too Bad: Appointment Got Terminated Few Days To His Wedding. / Just Before You Call It Quit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.