Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,422 members, 7,781,229 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:58 AM

Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) (18567 Views)

Police Dismiss Nine Senior Officers, Demote Six For Misconduct / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers / Recession: Dangote Group Sacks 48 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by ItzHoludex(m): 6:58am On Jan 24, 2017
warris ma concern

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by emi14: 6:59am On Jan 24, 2017
louqas:
Almost all are northerners ......... if they were mostly southerners the headlines this morning would have been BUHARI SACK MOSTLY SOUTHERNERS CUSTOMS OFFICERS....... useless wailers oya come and wail on this .

How many southerners hold key positions in customs or immigrations

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by louqas: 7:01am On Jan 24, 2017
emi14:

How many southerners hold key positions in customs or immigrations

In which aspect of Nigerian life are southerners more than northerners?
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by hollywater: 7:09am On Jan 24, 2017
Good for them.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Enemyofpeace: 7:17am On Jan 24, 2017
All of them Christians and from the south east.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 24, 2017
kin8744:
you are right but those men have families to feed.
They don loot enuf.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by agabusta: 7:19am On Jan 24, 2017
naijaGhandi:
Ahmad ali is wise, he could have sacked them when he assumed office but decided to come on them when they least expected it...that's how military guys roll.

Just the same way PMB did not sack the service chiefs when he came on board, but later sent them packing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by kuuljay(m): 7:24am On Jan 24, 2017
Why sack only northerners?? Buhari is a tribal bigot on a very dangerous mission grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by africanusvu(m): 7:31am On Jan 24, 2017
BlackDBagba:
Someone said only 'ibos' got the sack undecided
,You shld grow up and be more mateur in social media.dnt alow al ur post be tribal.the highest ranking igbo man in custom is DCS Ahamaobi.and he is among those droped.the nest highest rank igbo in custom is a superintendent and they ar only 3.but then.try and make more sound coment.i dnt knw wat u peple ar turning NL into.and Seun and lalasticalala kept dump.especialy when it has to do wit insults on igbos cos NL is a yoruba media but they 4got that over 50%here ar igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by lovat(m): 7:32am On Jan 24, 2017
modath:

Relax, don't tear your drawers... You can't say northereners are getting sacked & corruption is getting a knock in the same breath, stick with one narrative ..... They are either corrupt & getting served or they are being unfairly targetted ...

Hameed Ali (one of Bubu's deft move worthy of applause) did this, this is not from Bubu.... Do you realize 75% of senior custom officials are from the north? So weeding out the corrupt senior ones must lean towards that side...

P.S .... Even Bubu himself knows he is tilted towards a certain part of the country wink
Firefire nwanne, modath account has been hacked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by edumagamaga(f): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2017
louqas:
Almost all are northerners ......... if they were mostly southerners the headlines this morning would have been BUHARI SACK MOSTLY SOUTHERNERS CUSTOMS OFFICERS....... useless wailers oya come and wail on this .

Let wait and see those that will replace these sacked officers, It will still be Northerners.. This is to tell u that those holding the key positions in CUSTOMS are northerners..
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by lovat(m): 7:36am On Jan 24, 2017
louqas:

Have some shame . Admit you all what the person you quoted said. ....... stop deluding yourself , in every aspect of Nigerian society there are more northerners than southerners. This is a half hearted attempt to defend the foolishness of all those that have called PMB a tribal bigot in the past. Stand up and fight for the sacked northerners like you did for southerners
in every government parastatal there are more northerners than southerners because of quota system and nepotism

Why are those same northerners found wanting in the private sector where individual brilliance is the yardstick for Success

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by goshen26: 7:36am On Jan 24, 2017
Abeg English de worry me ooooo, can someone differentiate btw DISMISS n TERMINATE?
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by nell4: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2017
louqas:

louqas:

Have some shame . Admit you all what the person you quoted said. ....... stop deluding yourself , in every aspect of Nigerian society there are more northerners than southerners. This is a half hearted attempt to defend the foolishness of all those that have called PMB a tribal bigot in the past. Stand up and fight for the sacked northerners like you did for southerners
sharrrap there, the number of sacked northerners is meaningless. cos the ratio shld be 100:10 as northerners make up 90% of the work force so who is fooling who.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by goshen26: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2017
africanusvu:
,You shld grow up and be more mateur in social media.dnt alow al ur post be tribal.the highest ranking igbo man in custom is DCS Ahamaobi.and he is among those droped.the nest highest rank igbo in custom is a superintendent and they ar only 3.but then.try and make more sound coment.i dnt knw wat u peple ar turning NL into.and Seun and lalasticalala kept dump.especialy when it has to do wit insults on igbos cos NL is a yoruba media but they 4got that over 50%here ar igbos.

Ur last statement caught my attention "over 50% are Igbo"

Abeg bros how u take count am?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by AdonaiRoofing(m): 7:43am On Jan 24, 2017
For real offences or political motivated ones?

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Pavore9: 7:45am On Jan 24, 2017
kin8744:
you are right but those men have families to feed.

If they have violated the rules of engagement then that is the consequence. On a lighter note, most custom officers are very rich!
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 24, 2017
Pavore9:

If they have violated the rules of engagement then that is the consequence. On a lighter note, most custom officers are very rich!
I can't dispute this.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by waledeji(m): 7:57am On Jan 24, 2017
goshen26:

He used Aba made statistics to count am cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by guychidile: 8:08am On Jan 24, 2017
pls may I ask this question,is it this way,they do it in both Europe and America.?
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by umarazizz87(m): 8:14am On Jan 24, 2017
Almost all of those affected are my brothers. But I won't and can't shout my people are being targeted for dismissal.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by zheroes(m): 8:17am On Jan 24, 2017
modath:

Relax, don't tear your drawers... You can't say northereners are getting sacked & corruption is getting a knock in the same breath, stick with one narrative ..... They are either corrupt & getting served or they are being unfairly targetted ...

Hameed Ali (one of Bubu's deft move worthy of applause) did this, this is not from Bubu.... Do you realize 75% of senior custom officials are from the north? So weeding out the corrupt senior ones must lean towards that side...

P.S .... Even Bubu himself knows he is tilted towards a certain part of the country wink
now I need to really be ashamed of people like you!!!!! You want to give credit to hameed ali for this but blame PMB when NAF jet killed innocent IDP,s. Its clear it would be better to speak to a tortoise than to engage someone with your mindset in any reasonable arguement. Why was GEJ administration tagged as corrupt even when no one has indicted him in any ways?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Chrisecoani: 8:19am On Jan 24, 2017
Pls, someone help me. Is there any replacement going on in d Nigeria Custom Service. Or did any one heard or know any ADC called Mike Nwofor. Some one collected the sum of #35,250 from me for custom replacement form and have scanned & sent the form into my email address, which l have filled scanned and sent back to him including my credentials for graduate role. But, two to three days of d submission he called me and said congratulations u have been short listed, that I should expect calls from industrial dept for further clarity. A day later l received call from a lady saying congratulations again u have been shortlisted into Nigeria Custom Service and I should pay #125,000 endorsement fee for training, of which, make me to suspects them. Pls, I need a help on how to recover my money and two of other friends money.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Firefire(m): 8:25am On Jan 24, 2017
lovat:
Firefire nwanne, modath account has been hacked

Nobody hacked her account, is simply a case of 'Log of wood' falling off eyes with cataract.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Omonigeriarere: 8:28am On Jan 24, 2017
BlackDBagba:
Someone said only 'ibos' got the sack undecided

Watch out for empty chest-beaters: they can cry over anything.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by charlesucheh(m): 8:29am On Jan 24, 2017
Oya! Open the Gate for us to come in! What's the requirement?
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Firefire(m): 8:30am On Jan 24, 2017
zheroes:
now I need to really be ashamed of people like you!!!!! You want to give credit to hameed ali for this but blame PMB when NAF jet killed innocent IDP,s. Its clear it would be better to speak to a tortoise than to engage someone with your mindset in any reasonable arguement. Why was GEJ administration tagged as corrupt even when no one has indicted him in any ways?

Fish eating fish... cheesy

Wetin concern me sef?
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by sebali: 8:56am On Jan 24, 2017
goshen26:

That's my issues with igbo's they assume they are the. All and all of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by modath(f): 9:03am On Jan 24, 2017
Firefire:

Nobody hacked her account, is simply a case of 'Log of wood' falling off eyes with cataract.

You are the one with cataract, glaucoma, conjuvictis & other eye issue!!, leading to visual impairment.... who has never & can't see beyond the crumbs that fall off politicians' table!! Wailing upandan cos food cource don block!!! cool Onijekuje, elenugboro!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Firefire(m): 9:23am On Jan 24, 2017
modath:

You are the one with cataract, glaucoma, conjuvictis & other eye issue!!, leading to visual impairment.... who has never & can't see beyond the crumbs that fall off politicians' table!! Wailing upandan cos food cource don block!!! cool Onijekuje, elenugboro!!

grin

E karooo
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by louqas: 9:31am On Jan 24, 2017
nell4:

sharrrap there, the number of sacked northerners is meaningless. cos the ratio shld be 100:10 as northerners make up 90% of the work force so who is fooling who.

The know number will be meaningless to you because they are northerners even though northerners make up 90%......... yet it will be meaningful to you if they were southerners in an agency that is 90% southerners. Fools like you speak from both sides of your mouth .
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Positivepoint(m): 9:35am On Jan 24, 2017
nell4:

I am sure southerners are also the majority where they sack them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome / Help! I Need To Meet N500m Deposit Target Before June 30 2015 / Rejoinder To When A University Degree No Longer Guarantees A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.