Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) (18586 Views)

Police Dismiss Nine Senior Officers, Demote Six For Misconduct / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers / Recession: Dangote Group Sacks 48 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by louqas: 9:36am On Jan 24, 2017
lovat:
in every government parastatal there are more northerners than southerners because of quota system and nepotism

Why are those same northerners found wanting in the private sector where individual brilliance is the yardstick for Success

You mean 'southern private sector'? Or are you telling us even the northern private establishments in Kano kaduna sokoto maiduguri use quota and tribalism to employ only southerners?
The moment you remove the wool in your eyes you will see clearly and realise your folly
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by louqas: 9:40am On Jan 24, 2017
edumagamaga:

Let wait and see those that will replace these sacked officers, It will still be Northerners.. This is to tell u that those holding the key positions in CUSTOMS are northerners..

And the northerners holding key positions in CUSTOMS sacked mostly northern officers without heaven falling . Yet whenever southerners are sacked you all go all about town shouting tribalism and islamization like you use your anus to think instead of your brains. Iranu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by aloziedaya(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2017
NIGERIA CUSTOM IS GOOD EVIDENCE OF TRIBALISM IN NIGERIA.
85% NORTH (THOUGH ILLITERATES)
10% AFONJAS
5% FOR THE SOUTH SOUTH AND BIAFRANS.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by WiseBukoye(m): 10:08am On Jan 24, 2017
Let's hope for sanity in the Customs service now. You can only understand if you been swindled by the federal highway patrol.......

Their cups must have been filled to the brim, thus the sack or termination of appointment. The wailing and bitterness of the oppressed got to karma.

All comments on tribalism are unwarranted because there are no comparison between sacked and retired. Retired is good at least you're still addressed with the last promotion and all entitlements and pension would be paid. Sacked, dismissed etc., means no use of title, forfeiture of all financial benefits, except the sack is reversed to retirement. Ask David Mark, the former Senate President.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by ikemesit4477: 10:40am On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=mmb post=53076018]The Nigeria Customs Service has terminated the appointment of about 48 senior officers in the service in its ongoing reorganization.

A circular dated January 19, 2017 and signed by Ag. Comptroller in charge of Discipline, Ganiyu I.A said about 45 officers were dismissed, 11 retired while the appointment of three were terminated.

The 45 dismissed officers and the three that were terminated were asked to go for professional misconduct.

It said that the service was currently undergoing reorganisation to reposition it. Those affected are three Deputy Comptroller of Customs (DC), four Assistant Comptrollers of Customs (AC), eight Chief Superintendents of Customs (CSC), three Superintendents of Customs (SPC) one Deputy Superintendent of Customs (DSC) and one Assistant Superintendent of Customs (ASC).

Those dismissed include Deputy Controller Idris A.Z, AC Mandi A.Z, Ohamobi C., CSC Sale A.S, CSC Nura Mu’Azu Usman, CSC Bello A., CSC Absullahi R., CSC Dan-Ali M., SC Imam S.U, SC Andullahi M.S, DSC Olajumoke O., CIC Sani B., CIC Saleh A., CIC Isah A. CIC Balarabe S., 1 ACIC Maigari S., ACIC Shuibu I.J, ACIC Anigwe M.E, ACIC Dugari Z.I , DCIC Madaki J.M, PIC Hamisu S.G, PIC Garba H., PIC Alfa Y. D, PIC Hamidu H., PIC Haruna K., SIC Jimoh A.S, IC Bamiloye T. A, IC Yusuf D.N, IC Sanusi S.M, IC Mohammed A.U and CCA Yakubu M.S

Those retired are: DC Mustapha M. T, AC Mbanefo P., AC Daze P. D, CSC Ekong N. A, CSC Archew A.A, CSC Squote/man A.A, SC Daniru A., ACIC Owunaka T., ACIC Azodoh A.C, PIC Orukalama T. and CCA Abubakar A.

Those whose appointments were terminated are: ASCII Olorunhundo G and CA 1 Lurwanu S. FCT.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-customs-sacks-48-senior-officers/182230.html#peKwd7JEMDtD84oH.99[/quote/chai, even the bread seller olajumoke, too bad!
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by emi14: 11:26am On Jan 24, 2017
louqas:

In which aspect of Nigerian life are southerners more than northerners?

In education and modern civilization in general among others. There is no sea in the north. Do you want more. In cow i bow.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by murtalaa(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
lovat:
in every government parastatal there are more northerners than southerners because of quota system and nepotism

Why are those same northerners found wanting in the private sector where individual brilliance is the yardstick for Success
not true. Even private sectors tend to recruit based on tribal affiliations. That is why you find more yorubas in Oando, more igbos in Diamond bank, more Hausas in Dangote etc. Even in multinationals, recruitment tend to favor those tribes with more top executives. It's sad.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by Babacele: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
hmmm good move. .....but baba twist senate hand to confirm Magu and make Onoghen the substantive CJN and wait for the boys of the sacked guys who would fight back using sabotage. Gaskia, I don't trust Dambaza but can manage Buratai for now while Idris's loyalty can be maintained. This is the time to do this because the Unarmed robbers would unleash a- scandal- a- week an anti people sort of missile against your government with the help of your kitchen cabinet being captained by Mamman D to keep you busy anytime soon till early next year when it would be damn too difficult to check the poisoned political process already in motion towards 2019. But whatever, PDP won't rule-ruin this country ever again.
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by EazyMoh(m): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
goshen26:

Ur last statement caught my attention "over 50% are Igbo"

Abeg bros how u take count am?
Don't mind them, they are trying to declare NL a "no-man's" forum as well.
The arrogance and self gratification of these people is legendary!
If 50% are Igbos then what percentage are Yoruba? (definitely less than 50%) since there are other tribes and even non-Nigerians here.
.......SMH
Re: Nigeria Customs Sacks 48 Senior Officers (see The List) by EazyMoh(m): 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
Chrisecoani:
Pls, someone help me. Is there any replacement going on in d Nigeria Custom Service. Or did any one heard or know any ADC called Mike Nwofor. Some one collected the sum of #35,250 from me for custom replacement form and have scanned & sent the form into my email address, which l have filled scanned and sent back to him including my credentials for graduate role. But, two to three days of d submission he called me and said congratulations u have been short listed, that I should expect calls from industrial dept for further clarity. A day later l received call from a lady saying congratulations again u have been shortlisted into Nigeria Custom Service and I should pay #125,000 endorsement fee for training, of which, make me to suspects them. Pls, I need a help on how to recover my money and two of other friends money.
Guy you have been 419ed!
No Federal Government recruitment sells any form or asks for payment whatsoever.
Let me guess, you met the guy on Facebook? with a picture of an handsome man in custom uniform.
All you can do is to report his banking details to anti fraud unit of any branch of his bank. They will report him to the authorities.
Your many is probably gone. So wise up next time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6-Year Degree Program Or Professional Courses, Which Should I Go For? / Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome / Why You Must Learn Digital Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.