Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide (16060 Views)

Senate Paid Abiola Aiyegbayo, Saraki’s Aide’s Wife N150,000/month - Sahara Rep. / Ikenga Ugochinyere Resigns As Saraki's Aide, Forms Political Party, Now Chairman / DSS Break Into Saraki's Aide's Office With Sledged Hammer,Ransack His Office(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by rem44: 1:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
ABOUT THAT ANTI-DAURA PROTEST IN ABUJA

As lawyers, women groups, raise alarm on emerging patterns that threaten Nigeria's Democracy

Thousands of protesting lawyers, civil society group led by their coordinator Barr.Agu Okwukwe yesterday marched the Streets of Abuja against the growing excesses of the DG SSS, the gradual destruction of Nigerian democracy, abuse of human rights/institutions of governance, detention of citizens/journalists and the shameful attempts to destabilise Rivers State by the DSS/POLICE .The lawyers want DG SSS SACKED, release of their detained four members & disband Police Rivers Re-run Panel.

The protesting lawyers and activists who marched to various embassies and Human Right Commission in Abuja in a peaceful manner after their first attempt to hold their march was illegally disrupted by the DSS on a baseless ground late December said their march was to stand up against the plot to overthrow the Nigerian democracy by the DG SSS and install a reign of fear and intimidation.

The lawyers under the name of Lawyers in Defence of Democracy called on the DG SSS to release their four members from their illegal underground detention facilities where they are currently holding Comrade UGO APUMAGA, IKENGA IMO UGOCHINYERE,EMEKA DIBAI & EJIKE whose sick brother died because of lack of money to take him to hospital.

The group also called on the House of Reps to set up a probe panel to investigate the continuous rape of the Nigerian Constitution/judicial decisions by the DG SSS and the role of the shameful Nigeria Police in the Rivers Re-Run.

The protesting lawyers marched through major streets in Abuja and visited the National Human Right Commission, US, UK Embassies, EU Commision etc where they submitted their petition against the growing culture of impunity led by the DG SSS

The summary of the demand of the protesters:

It is based on the fore going that we lawyers in defence of democracy and citizens for good governance state the following:

i.) We call for the immediate release of our members who have been in DSS detention for over a month and a return of all property taken away from our office.

ii.) We salute the gallantry of Rivers people led by Governor Wike. The will of the people of Rivers State triumphed over the rampaging forces fully backed and funded by Abuja. The gallantry of Rivers people is commended and must be emulated by the peoples of every city and state. We are in solidarity with the people of Rivers state.

iii.) That the refusal of the Nigerian Police Force to arrest the officers who participated in this dastardly act of brazen election rigging is shocking.

iv.) That the refusal of the Police to arrest and prosecute Mr. Akin Fakorede, the SARS Commandant marks the official driving of a nail through the heart of our democracy and endorsement of the end of free and fair election in our country.

v.) That the sack of the six police officers without regard to due process is selective, condemnable, ludicrous and in very bad taste.

vi.) That all politicians who have been known to have been involved in the mayhem in Rivers State be arrested immediately including Rotimi Amechi, Magnus Abe and Dakuku Peterside.

vii.) That the probe panel set up by the Inspector General of Police is unconstitutional, laughable, and ridiculous. It is a black market attempt to continue the conquest of the territory called Rivers State. The same Police that have not taken any action against those who printed fake INEC materials or apprehended those who rigged the elections are now probing a fake concocted audio tape.

viii.) We demand the immediate disbandment of the probe panel set up by the Inspector General of Police and hail the Judicial Commission set up by the Rivers State Government. Rivers people are urged to gather their facts and appear before the Judicial Commission to help it unravel the truth of what happened on 10th December, 2016.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/lawyers-protest-in-abuja-over-dss.html?m=1

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by rem44: 1:40pm On Jan 24, 2017

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by rem44: 1:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
rem44:
More
more

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Destined2win: 1:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
'Anybody against buhari must be detained'. This is how his people think

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by nnachukz(m): 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
The tyrant doing what he does best.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Escalze(m): 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
undecided
Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by psucc(m): 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2017
And the may mark the starting point of the revolution.
Just a few more push will spark the move.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hungry lawyers association of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by googlepikins: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
Under Buhari D Abacha 2nd everybody is missing. Under DSS.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by prince9851(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
wow

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Queenbalikees(f): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
shocked undecided
Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hmm, lawyers, learned colleagues

But why the journalists no join una to protest?
Why una no protest against the sack of the SGF, Babachir Lawal and the non confirmation of Ibrahim Magu as EFCC boss?

Hehehe, it's usually when your interests are threatened that the boldness to protest comes alive. Anyway, carry on peacfully

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by dunkem21(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
cheesy ..Na why people dey keep kwayet dis days lipsrsealed

Which day we wan organise protest for NL

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by ddippset(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
And why are all their demands about rivers state and wike? I am beginning to suspect that this is the wike sponsored protest which the DSS warned about before christmas which wike denied.

6 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
OP, heading is extremely misleading, it should have been Wike's rented touts protests in Abuja instead of what it is at the moment. It is unfortunate the level these PDP miscreants has brought democracy to in our country

6 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Escalze(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Hungry lawyers association of Nigeria
if I had a gun and know most of you zombie nairalanders personally, I won't hesitate to shoot you in the head point blank.

so annoying

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by SuperBlack: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
BREAKING NEWS. Buhari is Alive and Not Dead.

So i heard in the Dream.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by sdindan: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
We warned them.
Afonjas over to u.

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Chiedu4Trump: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nigerians were warned that Buhari is a tyrant , una no wan hear.

9 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Kingxway: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nigeria and protesting are like five and six these days
Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by NaijaFutbol: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

They came for PDP, and I cheered them on.

They came for Shiites and I laughed because I am not Shiite; those guys can block road with their procession

They came for these Useless IPOB and I shouted, It suits the separatists.

They came for Judges, but how did a judge get all those millions? Jail them.

They came for Sarki's lawyers...hehehe...I no be lawyer na.

They came for IDPs sef, bomb people that are being protected from bomb, over 200 bodies buried...shit is getting hot

I need to leave the country before this kpoli goes round.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by SuperBlack: 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
Escalze:
if I had a gun and know most of you zombie nairalanders personally, I won't hesitate to shoot you in the head point blank.

so annoying
Thank Gods MMM have eaten your money, and you don't have any balance to use and Buy Gun. Fulani human eater.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by obimum: 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
Buhari if you don't repent from ur evil tribal hatred your downfall will come soon. Be warned.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by SuperBlack: 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:
Nigerians were warned that Buhari is a tyrant , una no wan hear.
Which of the Buhari? Have he visited Nigeria yet?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Akinz0126(m): 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
Na the Whole Youth Infact the whole masses suppose dey protest no be only concerning demoracy but hunger and starvation !!!

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by yemmight(m): 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
How much dem give these people out our stolen money?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Ayoula: 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
Tyrant doing what he knows how to do best. The country's problem is we Nigerians. Some people will keep supporting you no matter how bad you are. Imaging how people would react to this my post. Buhari is the most corrupt leader after Abacha. We Nigerians should do the needful. Let's kill them all or protest for Buhari impeachment or remain in the old long lane Praying on what is rational. Sorry sorry oh. I'm sorry for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by hammerF: 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
READING ALL THE NAMES OF PEOPLE IN DSS ILLEGAL CUSTODY ON THE BANNER, I AM STRUGGLING TO FIND A JUSTIFICATION Y THEY ARE ALL IGBOS.

THOSE INSISTING THAT IGBO CONTINUE WITH ONE NIGERIA, MY QUESTION TO U IS HOW MANY MORE IGBOS WILL BE MURDERED BEFORE U OPEN UR EYES?

SINCE BUHARI CAME TO POWER, IGBOS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED, DETAINED ILLEGALLY AND MURDERED IN THOUSANDS IN JUST TWO YEARS.

HOW MANY MORE WILL HAVE TO BE MURDERED FOR U TO OPEN UR EYE?

IS IT WEN THE ISLAMIST MURDER US ALL, BECOS WE ARE ALL CHRISTIANS?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
Escalze:

so annoying
hmmm you're not alone

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Akinz0126(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
psucc:
And the may mark the starting point of the revolution.

Just a few more push will spark the move.

Hmmmm

Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by davereal(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
It is unfortunate that agencies that are suppose to enforce the law are the ones breaking the law. Both the DG SSS and the lawyers are guilty in one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest In Abuja Over DSS Hijack Of Democracy,Detention Of Saraki's Aide by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
SuperBlack:
Thank Gods MMM have eaten your money, and you don't have any balance to use and Buy Gun. Fulani human eater.
don't be surprised when your own brothers terminate your life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senators Sing Different Tunes On Magu’s Confirmation / 'It’s Unfair To Compare Obasanjo’s Government With Buhari’s' - Olujonwo Obasanjo / Rotational Presidency: Zulum Backs Southern Governors, Denies VP Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.