Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) (12870 Views)

Kidnapper Wadume Contested For House Of Representatives 2019 In Taraba (Photos) / Yandang Militias Attack Fulanis, Kill Over 30 Cows In Taraba (Photos) / Mambilla Militia Attack Cattle Owned By Fulani Herdsmen Again In Taraba. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by itsdumebi(m): 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
Mile Six Junction, along the Jalingo- Numan highway was under siege on Tuesday afternoon by aggrieved youths protesting the death of four persons after a fatal accident involving a petrol tanker and a tricycle on Monday.

Witnesses say, at about 5 PM on Monday, a commercial tricycle, popularly known as ‘Keke NAPEP’, was trying to cross the highway, when the tanker collided with the tricycle, thereby leading to the instant death of the passengers.

Reports gathered by Politics Nigeria reveal that the protesting youths were protesting the death of the passengers by burning tyres and blocking the highway. No vehicle was, however, allowed in and out of Jalingo metropolis.

Early Tuesday, youths were seen digging holes on the highway, aimed at creating speed bumps and slowing down traffic.

Also, security agents were seen trying to maintain order while the Commissioner of Works, Taraba state, Tafarki Agbadu, was making frantic efforts, alongside the Taraba State Roads Construction and Maintenance Agency, TARCMA, to appease the youths by agreeing to construct speed bumps.

Speaking to journalists at the scene of the accident, the rampaging youths insist they would not disperse if the speed bumps were not erected.Meanwhile, as at the time of writing this report, TARCMA had arrived the scene and work on the construction was about to begin.

The Mile Six junction in Jalingo is a big junction that connects the city center at the outskirts of the city. It is also a big transit road to Yola and Numan and experiences a lot of vehicular traffic, particularly long distance travelers. Unfortunately, despite its status, there is no traffic regulation or speed bumps at the junction- a situation that has resulted to several loss of lives and car crashes.

Below is also a photo from the accident that occurred yesterday;

http://politicsngr.com/youths-protest-death-four-people-taraba-photos/

Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by success1smyn(m): 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
rip to the dead

let out leaders get to work

loss of lives must come to an end on our roads, they are now death traps.
if u doubt me check oyo ogbomoso rd

may God help Nigeria sha

1 Like

Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by George2016(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
Okay
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by lonelydora: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
Keke and Bike riders are the most reckless people on earth. They have 'I can drive' and ' I'm sharp' attitude.

We'll, RIP to the dead.
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by AngryNigerian(m): 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Just imagine...

After the raggae things...

Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by drinkgarri: 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
Rip to the dead

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
You can protest the death of four people but Nigerian youths cannot protest against the hardship in the land which leads to the death of thousands everyday!

I weep for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by shammah1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
Sad cry
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by Peromnia: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
From four ppl in aluu 4 to four in taraba
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
MAVRODIAL KILLINGS
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by SexyNairalander: 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
booked
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by success1smyn(m): 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
Plasmbob1:
You can protest the death of four people but Nigerian youths cannot protest against the hardship in the land which leads to the death of thousands everyday!

I weep for Nigeria.
hmm sad but true
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by aysnoopy(m): 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
R.I.P to the dead.
we all gonna die but I don't pray for this type
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by kenejicks(m): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
Witnesses say, at about 5 PM on Monday, a commercial tricycle, popularly known as ‘Keke NAPEP’, was trying to cross the highway, when the tanker collided with the tricycle, thereby leading to the instant death of the passengers.

Which kain journalist go talk say tanker collide with keke napep? Bros fear God oooo.

RIP to the dead.

Early Tuesday, youths were seen digging holes on the highway, aimed at creating speed bumps and slowing down traffic.
What kinda stupidity is this?
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by agulion: 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2017
and APC promised us change, Rip to dead
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by AceRoyal: 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
Which way Naija!
Every day and Every where na different protests!
Infact,I'm protesting against all these protestsgrin
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by emotions1: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
Omo tins hard ooo...

Lord i tank u for my life....

u've been faithful despite my unfaithfulness.....

Lord_have mercy...

1 Like

Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by NicoBaba(m): 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
success1smyn:
rip to the dead

let out leaders get to work

loss of lives must come to an end on our roads, they are now death traps.
if u doubt me check oyo ogbomoso rd

may God help Nigeria sha
dah Oyo road na die. anytime I travel thru dah route m always saying my psalms.... roads so narrow with trailers upandan
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by tillaman(m): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
This 9ja sha, the govt are nt blind nw, they see all of this accident and yet they do nothing to counteract it, this is terrible, deaths on a daily basis, nitori olorun
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by Kingbuhari(m): 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
na them follow shout sai haba
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by ItzHoludex(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
rip
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by ALAYORMII: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
Mile six junction

God rest the soul of the departed
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by joshing(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
Lord have mercy
Re: Youths Protest Death Of Four People In Taraba (photos) by uzo200(m): 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
what?

(1) (Reply)

"Obanikoro Joined APC, His Trial With The EFCC Suddenly Developed Malaria" - FFK / NAF Special Forces Rescue 7 Abducted Chinese In Kaduna / Ese: Yunusa Dahiru Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.