Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

NYSC Orientation Camp Back In Adamawa State After Three Years Break - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Orientation Camp Back In Adamawa State After Three Years Break (1236 Views)

Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp / Twitter User Gets Posted To Borno State After Paying 30K To Influence His NYSC / NYSC Orientation Camp Questions & Answers By Pcms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Orientation Camp Back In Adamawa State After Three Years Break by TheMaleBoss(m): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has resumed orientation of corp members in Adamawa state, after a three-year suspension caused by the Boko Haram insurgency.

The last orientation was held in Adamawa in March 2013.

Speaking to Tuesday in Yola, Mohammed Abubakar, state coordinator of NYSC, said 2, 500 corps members were deployed to the state.

“Registration of corp members started this Tuesday morning by 7 am and you can see they are trooping in; we are expecting 2, 500 corp members,” he told NAN.

Abubakar said that adequate security had been put in place with about 300 officials from the army, police, department of state security, Nigeria security and civil defence corps and NYSC.

He explained that the state government had provided the facility of Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola, as a temporary camp, pending the final evacuation of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) at the permanent orientation camp in Damare.

“I want the corps members to understand that this is a borrowed camp and should therefore bear with the available facilities,” he said.

While lauding the state government for it support towards a successful orientation, Abubakar urged the people of Adamawa to continue supporting and showing hospitality to corp members.

http://omojuwa.com/2017/01/nysc-orientation-back-adamawa-3-year-break/
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Back In Adamawa State After Three Years Break by monlawal(m): 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
I passed thru there this afternoon and i must say security is really tight around there. Bomb detector by the roadside and metal detectors at the entrance. Soldiers, police, civilian JTF, civil defence all of them are there. I was even afraid i would be blocked or asked to cross to the other side of the road.
Corpers have formed a very long queue already to get verified and registered. I am really happy witnessing this development.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Back In Adamawa State After Three Years Break by fowosh: 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
second to the last place to serve
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Back In Adamawa State After Three Years Break by TheMaleBoss(m): 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
fowosh:
second to the last
place to serve
Last is Borno State I bet. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2013 NYSC Batch C Posted To Ekiti State / SAD NEWS!!! A Corps Member Who Drowned And Died In Rivers State.... / See What A Passing Out Corp Member Posted On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.