Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? (28373 Views)

This ₦990k Made-In-Nigeria Keke Comes With Doors & Front/Reverse Cameras / See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Tyche(m): 7:03am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:
I swear i have always wanted to try this until i heard my gearbox is "250k" grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by wiloy2k8(m): 7:03am On Jan 26, 2017
k
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by diva90: 7:04am On Jan 26, 2017
But to change gear in automatic cars, you must press the break? Am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Ugoeze2016: 7:06am On Jan 26, 2017
For your mind eh...
Rapsowdee01:
I tried it with my Porsche.... crashed it sha but did it with my G WAGON and nothing happened.. haven't tried it on my camaro or my cadillac sha
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by edawg(m): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2017
Three years ago,I was in a car with my cousin,his wife and their young son.The boy was seated with his mother on the front seat,the the unimaginable happened...on a very high speed,the lil boy kicked the gear mistakenly and it entered reverse.To cut the story short,the gear had to be fixed...Well it was a Toyota Camry 2000 model,don't know if that can happen in more recent cars.But trust me,I wouldn't want to encounter such again.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:
I swear i have always wanted to try this until i heard my gearbox is "250k" grin cheesy

cheesy cheesy
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by dingbang(m): 7:17am On Jan 26, 2017
Rapsowdee01:
I tried it with my Porsche.... crashed it sha but did it with my G WAGON and nothing happened.. haven't tried it on my camaro or my cadillac sha
all liars will end up in hell
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Rinsola32(f): 7:23am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:

Hahaha! Spoken like a "real" Nigerian cheesy cheesy

I choose you to try the experiment and give fellow Nigerians/Nairalanders feedback but please make a YouTube video while doing it.

Note: for you to know you are not alone in this, I will assist to carry the camera( if you want) while you do the testing grin grin
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by soberdrunk(m): 7:26am On Jan 26, 2017
Rinsola32:

I choose you to try the experiment and give fellow Nigerians/Nairalanders feedback but please make a YouTube video while doing it.

Note: for you to know you are not alone in this, I will assist to carry the camera( if you want) while you do the testing grin grin

Alakoba!! cheesy cheesy
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by emerich(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2017
agohmamuda:

U will get a noisy sound, the gear will forcefully become stiff and refuse to enter reverse.
Have so much waited for this post for ages, nice one op, you nailed it, the gear would forcefully become stiff, happened to me several times last year while learning with my rugged baby boy manual tranny, wanted to change gear from 5-4 while on heavy speed, was try to negotiate a bend so had to reduce my speed but mistakenly place it on reverse, I had a very funny tweaky sound so I had to take it back to neutral and then gear 4.
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by emi14: 7:36am On Jan 26, 2017
Madness...psychological deficiency.
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by muller102(m): 7:36am On Jan 26, 2017
Enjoy the damages to ur transmission.
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Rinsola32(f): 7:36am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:

Alakoba!! cheesy cheesy

Alakoba bawo?

Do it or else.......!
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by chronique(m): 7:38am On Jan 26, 2017
The dude clearly stated that "do not try it on your own". Anyone toying with that idea is playing rough play with his/her gearbox.
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by soberdrunk(m): 7:39am On Jan 26, 2017
Rinsola32:

Alakoba bawo?

Do it or else.......!

Ha!! Awon iya mi oshoronga cheesy cheesy See threat ooo!!
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by VanBommel(m): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2017
Rapsowdee01:
and Jesus wept cry cry
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by tete7000(m): 7:45am On Jan 26, 2017
You can't go from positive to negative without passing through zero. Same way you can't move backward from forward motion without first coming to a halt. Coming from high forward speed motion to reverse motion first take you car to an abrupt stop. You risk somersaulting your car, don't try it. Too dangerous. Its like applying a brake at high speed.
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Rinsola32(f): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:

Are you ready to do it or should I tell you the consequence if you don't? Then you choose!
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Rinsola32(f): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:

Are you ready to do it or should I tell you the consequence if you don't?
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by nannyo(f): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2017
Rapsowdee01:
liar
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by soberdrunk(m): 7:49am On Jan 26, 2017
Rinsola32:

Are you ready to do it or should I tell you the consequence if you don't?

Lets hear the consequence? grin

1 Like

Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2017
What you saw happen in the video might not be what will happen if you try it in yours o. Thank God the demonstrator was wise enough to mention it.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by iceberylin(m): 7:53am On Jan 26, 2017
Spit on yourself

SpitsOnYoruba:

Nothing Happens

It only works on Motorcycles, [b] when you changes from a much lower gear from a high gear
, it will shatter the gear box and throw you into oncoming traffic[/b]
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Etogist: 8:05am On Jan 26, 2017
Rapsowdee01:

Talk is free. Enjoy!
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Rinsola32(f): 8:05am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:

You want to hear the consequence for real?

Okay here it is:

I will command your Chief Accountant to bring boiled yam and palm oil + boiled egg this time grin and force you to eat it all. cheesy grin

So now choose! tongue wink
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 26, 2017
Rapsowdee01:

Kids everywhere. When we were kids, i even told my mum to get me aeroplane from d market
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by anyicash(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:
no tryam o
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by teegrams(m): 8:17am On Jan 26, 2017
I have tried this before not consciously , the car jacks then the ignition goes off , you would only hear the fan rolling but the engine turns off
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by soberdrunk(m): 8:19am On Jan 26, 2017
Rinsola32:

You want to hear the consequence for real?

Okay here it is:

I will command your Chief Accountant to bring boiled yam and palm oil + boiled egg this time grin and force you to eat it all. cheesy grin

So now choose! tongue wink

Hahahahahahaha!! Nice one!! Am literally laughing out......
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by MizTyna(f): 8:23am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:

Lol! You just sober abi? Good decision

Always wondered myself
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by godson4u79(m): 8:23am On Jan 26, 2017
Hmmmmm.. Daddy you can lie oooo

Rapsowdee01:
Re: What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? by neighbourhud: 8:23am On Jan 26, 2017
soberdrunk:

be careful o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you just made me laugh out like a mad man in the office cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Tyre Presently / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.