Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,549 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:47 PM

North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 (3574 Views)

See The Men Plotting Buhari 's Downfall - Pics / Atiku Has Been Plotting Buhari’s Failure Since 2014 – Mohammed Lawal / Obasanjo Plotting Buhari’s Replacement Ahead Of 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
The north is making moves to get an alternative to President Muhammadu Buhari ahead of the 2019 general election.
It was further learnt that as the hunt commences, former President Olusegun Obasanjo seems to have settled for between his two allies, former governors of Jigawa and Kano, Sule Lamido and Rabiu Kwankwaso.
Sources privy to the political situations in the north on Monday, January 23, 2017 said that 2019 was one of the issues discussed when former President Goodluck Jonathan visited Obasanjo on Friday, January 20.

According to one of the sources, Obasanjo, who is no longer happy with the current administration’s style of government, did not come out straight on his choice for 2019 at the meeting. However, his current ‘body language’ shows that he favours Lamido.

Lamido, it was further revealed, has his eyes on the seat and has been mobilizing support ahead of the election. He is known to have said he would never leave the Peoples Democratic Party giving the impression that he would contest under the party platform.
I can tell you that part of the discussion between Obasanjo and Jonathan centred on the 2019 election and the need to make the PDP stronger as an opposition party even though baba has decided to be a statesman.

“He has not categorically mentioned or favoured anybody as a possible replacement for Buhari, but I can assure you that he has a soft spot for Lamido, the former governor of Jigawa.

“There is this fear that Buhari cannot continue after 2019. He is daily becoming weak and the weight of the country’s challenges is very heavy
,” the source from the north said.

An All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain from the north also confirmed the development but said that the ruling party was already in a fix.

According to him, there are those prodding the president on even if it is not really known whether Buhari was really interested in the forthcoming election.

He further disclosed that some northern leaders are no longer comfortable with the current administration as they believe that it had not favoured them.

He however expressed optimism that Buhari would “weather the storm” when the time actually comes to decide who rules Nigeria in 2019.

When contacted, the national president of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF), Alhaji Yerima Shettima, said that both Lamido and Kwankwaso are stooges to Obasanjo.
He added: “We will collectively look for alternative considering the fact that age has overtaken him and even when he means well for the country, he cannot do much and many people in the government are capitalising on that to unleash terror on the people of the country and advise him wrongly.

“It is clear to everybody that the government has been hijacked. This is one major opportunity that the north has and we will make hay while the sun shines by bringing in another person to fix this present quirmire
.”

https://politics.naij.com/1084378-exclusive-north-plotting-buharis-replacement-2019.html
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Splinz(m): 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
“We will collectively look for alternative considering the fact that age has overtaken him and even when he means well for the country, he cannot do much and many people in the government are capitalising on that to unleash terror on the people of the country and advise him wrongly.

When the issue of Buhari's age was raised during the electioneering period, you lots were screaming that Buhari is even stronger than Louis Cyr.

Bunch of power hungry idiots!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by respect80(m): 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
OK adonhia
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
Another nonsense is about to happen. I don't blame them. I blame the disunited South who sells their birthright for a chicken promise.

Is it not time the north gives Nigeria a break from governance? This clown will still come to promise heaven and earth and gobble some gullible followers into his promise.

This is why I see the South as the most stupid politicians in Nigeria. Does anyone remember all the time Tinubu was calling for a restructured Nigeria? what happens to his voice now? What of Fashola who was always calling for a state police? Where is his voice now?

Jonathan spent six years and failed to restructure the country only to make attempt based on politics at dying minutes.

Why can't the whole south understand that the North forms the greatest part of Nigerian problem? Where do we have population skyrocket without tangible efforts to feed them?

I cry for this country. Its either we restructure or we break up. No option. Very simple solution to many complicated problems

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Godemcee(m): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
I no blame the north I blame the stupid nd divided south,now they bout to play us again.if buhari use is 4years finish nd kwakwaso Or lamido take over they would both want to use 8years that means the north would use 12years again.

we are really pathetic down south

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Godemcee(m): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
I no blame the north I blame the stupid nd divided south,now they bout to play us again.if buhari use is 4years finish nd kwakwaso Or lamido take over they would both want to use 8years that means the north would use 12years again.

we are really pathetic down south.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by ChristineC: 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
Another nonsense is about to happen. I don't blame them. I blame the disunited South who sells their birthright for a chicken promise.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

Is it not time the north gives Nigeria a break from governance? This clown will still come to promise heaven and earth and gobble some gullible followers into his promise.

This is why I see the South as the most stupid politicians in Nigeria. Does anyone remember all the time Tinubu was calling for a restructured Nigeria? what happens to his voice now? What of Fashola who was always calling for a state police? Where is his voice now?

Jonathan spent six years and failed to restructure the country only to make attempt based on politics at dying minutes.

Why can't the whole south understand that the North forms the greatest part of Nigerian problem? Where do we have population skyrocket without tangible efforts to feed them?

I cry for this country. Its either we restructure or we break up. No option. Very simple solution to many complicated problems
Your comment is a thing to reflect upon. I feel ashamed being a Southerner myself. I have been clamouring for a Northern President, from my Moniker.
I realised we aren't really ready and the North feels it owns Nigeria, besides, the South is not united. So some of us feel all we can do is trail the lesser evil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Cletus77(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
Its our votes dat will tell if we don't like the candidates, den we shouldn't vote at all the spirit of oneness is needed in 2019
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by sanandreas(m): 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
Why must it be the North? Any Nigerian from any region should vie for the post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by ddippset(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
Buhari will preside until 2023. Stop wasting your time.
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by iambijo(m): 8:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
sanandreas:
Why must it be the North? Any Nigerian from any region should vie do the post
may be that's how God want it to be

2 Likes

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by leofab(f): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
Na wah ohh
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by sanandreas(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2017
iambijo:

We Nigerians never learn and we don't know what we want.

1 Like

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

Blame yorubaas not the South!

4 Likes

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by DeadWrong: 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
These people want to impose another northerner on us... Nigeria is cursed..

1 Like

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Intrepid01(m): 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

You only typed the naked truth.....Sophisticated but STEWPID SOUTH...

5 Likes

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Mufasa27(m): 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
Please lets make PDP great again...!!
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by joeworipre: 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
North Ke, its either the East or South for 2019 joor

2 Likes

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by mayorchelsea(m): 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
Where is this nonsense of the south isn't united coming from? It was united when GEJ won in all SW states in 2011 except Osun,right?It was united when OBJ won twice and ruled for eight years?How can people just draw up a conclusion from 2015 elections only?

2 Likes

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
The Northerners need not plot, Baba has done that all by himself, a solo conspiracy
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by KidsNEXTdoor: 12:06am On Jan 25, 2017
The whiteman said to him
Iam a northerner to ur niger delta
I hold the aces
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by KidsNEXTdoor: 12:10am On Jan 25, 2017
mayorchelsea:
Where is this nonsense of the south isn't united coming from? It was united when GEJ won in all SW states in 2011 except Osun,right?It was united when OBJ won twice and ruled for eight years?How can people just draw up a conclusion from 2015 elections only?
You are a Yoruba Muslim
A supposedly southerner but here u are defending the north... Attacking ur southern brethrens
And if they say the south isn't united
U get animated while the joke is on you

3 Likes

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by idupaul: 12:23am On Jan 25, 2017
We don't need any northern president for now, northerners are known to make decisions based on bigotry and that's not what we need ..I suggest we look towards Soludu or Donald Duke

2 Likes

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by magaliyu(f): 12:36am On Jan 25, 2017
Political jobbers at work, scheming to eat the yam at all cost.
Sorry but Nigeria and 2019 is greater than Hausa, Igbo or the Yorubas.
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Joel3(m): 12:41am On Jan 25, 2017
obj is romancing Jonathan because Jonathan has massive followers. Jonathan should distance himself from obj and the north. they all betrayed him when sea was rough.
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by promzyphyno(m): 12:43am On Jan 25, 2017
The problem with the south is cowardise.....d truth b told,we are scared of d north simple!!

If we can unitedly stand up against our fear,you'd b suprise as to what d south can do

1 Like

Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by abnsugbe: 2:26am On Jan 25, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

true my dear...We are Notin but slaves in our land...A Northern President come 2019,what happens to other tribes..are they not fit to Rule?
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by Donshegxy10(m): 3:24am On Jan 25, 2017
northern what, yeye dey smell. dead on arrival, its not happening. their papa.
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by owopokiri: 3:34am On Jan 25, 2017
iambijo:

Which god really
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by iambijo(m): 6:22am On Jan 25, 2017
owopokiri:

Which god really
hollup ! I forgot that atheist exsist here also
Re: North Plotting Buhari's Replacement Ahead Of 2019 by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:56am On Jan 25, 2017
Clinton9000:

Blame yorubaas not the South!

Do you think Yorubas are worse off on this? My friend, I am an Igbo man and understand Nigeria better than you do. Go and check your history. You will be surprised to see many Igbo politicians who will form alliance with the North in 2019. Its the same for all the southern tribes. Although I salute the resistance the Igbo masses are puting up especially from the Igbos, Igbo politicians are also culprits in this alliance.

This is why I blamed the southern politicians. We need politicians from the southern Nigeria to give the North two options for a continued Nigeria. Either we restructure or we divide. Full stop. I have always been surprised on why the Yorubas have been wary of the options. Because the Yoruba I know will still thrive with any of the options. Not to talk of the Igbos with their hardworking attributes.

Let's all come together and let the North understand our thinking for a better Nigeria.
Enough of all the campaign promises. Nigeria is simply not working.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Capture Soldiers Who Beat Up Cripple In Anambra / I Support Evans The Kidnapper - Nnamdi Kanu / Great Song For Those Who Voted For CHANGE (by Daniel Wilson)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.