Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice (34290 Views)

Why We Shot Bbnaija In South Africa - Multichoice Nigeria / Soma & Marvis Kissing In Bed On Big Brother Naija (Photos/Video) / Why We Are Shooting Big Brother Naija In South Africa-multichoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by DonHummer(m): 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2017
ok
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by seguno2: 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2017
No long story o jare.
Multichoice should tell us clearly.
Our country is rotten without electricity.
Obasanjo stole the $16 billion meant for it.
Fashola is also busy stealing his own while doing us bojuboju of paparazzi photos.

3 Likes

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by DonHummer(m): 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
ok ooo..they are lucky nigerians has got lot of issues to worry about now....if not eh dem for carry una matter for head
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Catastrophe1: 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
Fvck lia Mohammed. Yes fvck him

2 Likes

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by breakeven: 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
I standwithmultichoice. when Nigeria is infrastructurally DEAD what do you expect them to do. nonsence
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by eazyjakes(m): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
Then stick to ur BBC instead of BBN....d program loses its sense of identity when u do so.....it's more like hosting African Cup of Nations in London!

3 Likes

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Mouthgag: 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Your excuse is unacceptable. Multichoice must be fined like MTN
Yes
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by priestchurch(m): 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
Una dad. Besides who give a rat's Ass..?
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by jstan360(m): 12:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
.... Senseless reason! :::: learn to respect our pride!...
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by aalangel(f): 12:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
If I was the Minister I will shut down the show from airing on our Naija screen.

The show has no economic, cultural, social or societal impact.

Nonsense

undecided undecided is it airing on any Nigerian screen?

...to the topic, the show lacks depth. The guys there don't sound intelligent enough. Their conversations are lousy and ....just Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by jstan360(m): 12:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
.... Senseless reason! :::: learn to respect our pride!... If i'm in charge that show wont be aird in 9ja!
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Obiohai: 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
I blame buhari....
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Wallade(m): 12:28pm On Jan 25, 2017
That is a flimsy excuse by my standard. You made a business decision to execute and produce that show in South Africa because of the economic and investment returns. You are cheating the Nigerian government, economy, businesses and tax system.

Multichoice and MTN business orientation is to enrich South Africa government and economy at the expense of Nigeria. It is obvious with your business models and operations.

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by musicwriter(m): 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
@All.

First of all, you all have to understand the show is not Nigerian. Just because it is called "Big brother Naija" doesn't mean it's Nigerian. Big brother Naija is just a name.

The show is owned by South Africans!!!. Therefore, they have right to host it any location in the world.

They own the show, they paid for it, the show is airing on their TV network. So, why is Lai Mohammed complaining?

I made some research on how TV programming works in Nigeria, cause I' am planning creating a TV show. See how foreigners control Nigerian TV airwaves https://www.nairaland.com/3576350/how-foreigners-control-nigerian-tv

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by bobbybrown007: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
post=53113312:
MultiChoice, organisers of the Big Brother Naija Reality TV have explained why they're hosting the show in South Africa.

A statement issued by Caroline Oghuma on behalf of the company, said, “‎We have a fully equipped house in South Africa, which is used for the Big Brother shows.

“This means that we are able to achieve high production values whilst meeting tight timelines and ensuring the show comes to our viewers on time as planned, and with the same globally renowned quality. “

The house has played host to other Big Brother countries including; the general Big Brother Africa, Mozambique, Angola and now Nigeria,’’ the statement quoted Oghuma as saying.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/why-were-hosting-big-brother-naija-in.html

well sha when you have a new girlfriend you don't just take her to your house you take her to your friend house just trying to make sense here
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Comrsaheed: 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
Guy your excuse is not geneu
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
BbN yet to understand wot the fuse is all abt.. boys n gals will b gathered in one apartment 4 up to months wot are they discussing how to help 9ja our of recession ni
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by pek(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
MultiChoice does not owe anyone any explanations. They are not obligated to the Nigerian government. Music videos and products commercials are shot outside of the country yet the products are consumed by Nigerians. The Minister of Information is really dabbling into another man's affairs.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Wallade(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
musicwriter:
First of all, you all have to understand the show is not Nigerian. Just because it is called "Big brother Naija" doesn't mean it's Nigerian. Big brother Naija is just a name.

The show is owned by South Africans!!!. Therefore, they have right to host it any location in the world.

They own the show, they paid for it, the show is airing on their TV network. So, why is Lai Mohammed complaining?j

See how foreigners control Nigerian TV airwaves https://www.nairaland.com/3576350/how-foreigners-control-nigerian-tv

If it is owned and meant for South Africa, then it should not be called Big Brother Naija, especially when all participants are presented as Nigerians. I disagree with you.

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Wallade(m): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
pek:
MultiChoice does not owe anyone any explanations. They are not obligated to the Nigerian government. Music videos and products commercials are shot outside of the country yet the products are consumed by Nigerians. The Minister of Information is really dabbling into another man's affairs.

If you operate business in Nigeria and you are under the illusion that you have no obligations to the Nigerian government and stakeholders, you must be out of your mind and your eyes go soon clear when they wield the big stick.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by musicwriter(m): 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
Wallade:

If it is owned and meant for South Africa, then it should not be called Big Brother Naija, especially when all participants are presented as Nigerians. I disagree with you.

They have also hosted Big brother Africa, Big brother Mozambique, Big brother Angola, e.t.c all in South Africa. It is their show, not ours!!!.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by sirusX(m): 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
donfemo:
Well it doesn't portray how we live in Nigeria. But they have their reasons. But I would have prefer while the show is on Nepa take light and they ask Efe to go and put fuel inside Gen. Lmao!
Then at night the original owner of the house would come and pack his load and equipments grin

Then our dependable police force would arrive 3 hours later to ask wey dem dey?
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Wallade(m): 12:43pm On Jan 25, 2017
musicwriter:

They have also hosted Big brother Africa, Big brother Mozambique, Big brother Angola, e.t.c all in South Africa. It is their show, not ours!!!.

Big Brother Africa encompasses Africa but Big Brother Naija is about Nigeria hence, the opinion of the Nigerian government and stakeholders matters. It is just like making money with someones brand without giving credit to the person or creating benefit for the person. That is very wrong!

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by dsocioemmy(m): 12:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
No need to explain jare. We are our own problem. Anybody wey no like should pack well
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by baysol: 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
post=53113312:
MultiChoice, organisers of the Big Brother Naija Reality TV have explained why they're hosting the show in South Africa.

A statement issued by Caroline Oghuma on behalf of the company, said, “‎We have a fully equipped house in South Africa, which is used for the Big Brother shows.

“This means that we are able to achieve high production values whilst meeting tight timelines and ensuring the show comes to our viewers on time as planned, and with the same globally renowned quality. “

The house has played host to other Big Brother countries including; the general Big Brother Africa, Mozambique, Angola and now Nigeria,’’ the statement quoted Oghuma as saying.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/why-were-hosting-big-brother-naija-in.html

Excuses as flimsy as they come from jealous ridden South Africa. so, its so difficult to equip a house in Nigeria for this purpose. Your yeye excuse is only for kids. South Africa has never meant well for Nigerians and all their interests are only selfish and never mutual only that Nigeria has a backward unintelligent government to really checkmate this African parasites.

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by dsocioemmy(m): 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
No need to explain jare. We are our own problem. Anybody wey no like should pack well...
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by musicwriter(m): 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Wallade:

Big Brother Africa encompasses Africa but Big Brother Naija is about Nigeria hence, the opinion of the Nigerian government and stakeholders matters. It is just like making money with someones brand without giving credit to the person or creating benefit for the person. That is very wrong!

Instead of complaining, inform your useless government to create the enabling environment for the TV industry in Nigeria, and you'll see our TV producers also producing "Big brother SA" and hosting it on NTA in Abuja.

I don't think you understand what's going on here, cause if you do you'll understand you can't eat your cake and have it!!.

4 Likes

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
aalangel:

undecided undecided is it airing on any Nigerian screen?

...to the topic, the show lacks depth. The guys there don't sound intelligent enough. Their conversations are lousy and ....just Nonsense.
Is Multichoice not in Nigeria?

You are right! the show is useless

1 Like

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by baysol: 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
musicwriter:

Then lets sue them for using Nigeria for exploitative commercial gain by naming a project that add no value what soever to Nigeria as an entity.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by Wallade(m): 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2017
musicwriter:

Instead of complaining, inform your useless government to create the enabling environment for the TV industry in Nigeria, and you'll see our TV producers also producing "Big brother SA" and hosting it on NTA in Abuja.

I don't think you understand what's going on here, cause if you do you'll understand you can't eat your cake and have it!!.

I already figured you are not a Nigerian. I don't need to convince you but we shall deal with Multichoice appropriately if found guilty of violating or infractions again the Nigerian laws or regulatory broadcasting standards.
Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by musicwriter(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
baysol:

Then lets sue them for using Nigeria for exploitative commercial gain by naming a project that add no value what soever to Nigeria as an entity.

First, the show isn't created for Nigerians. Multichoice is a satellite TV broadcaster, broadcasting worldwide. I' am not in Nigeria now, but I' am watching the show.

Second, "Naija" is not an official brand name. You think they're stupid?

4 Likes

Re: Why We're Hosting Big Brother Naija In South Africa - Multichoice by musicwriter(m): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
Wallade:

I already figured you are not a Nigerian. I don't need to convince you but we shall deal with Multichoice appropriately if found guilty of violating or infractions again the Nigerian laws or regulatory broadcasting standards.

Yes, I' am a Russian.

Nigeria has created the atmosphere for foreigners to dominate your TV airwaves. And so shall it be, until you're knowledgeable enough to understand you should be blaming your incompetent government, not Multichoice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Why Tacha Doesn’t Play ‘Truth Or Dare’ Games – Mercy / Uriel Evicted From Big Brother Naija / BBNaija: Biggie introduces Elozonam & Venita Akpofure As New Housemates (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.