Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? (11524 Views)

Leadership Newspaper Website Hacked / Is Daily Independent Newspaper Website Back Up Yet? / Creating A Newspaper Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by hedges007(m): 6:51am On Dec 02, 2009
That was a typical self-imposed malady in the first place. I was a regular buyer and reader of punch newspaper when i was in Nigeria, i could remembered, there are some times i do go to their office at Mongoro in Lagos. I once heavily relied on them for trusted and authenticated news coming from Mother-land while i was a way, until their insensitive greed almost robbed them of their passionate fans and lovers. Even if they would be the one to PAY readers online now, I may still find it difficult recovering my Love and passion for them. I'm even getting more addicted to the likes of Guardian.online, Sahara reporters, 234next.com, thenationonlineng.com etc. These are also credible source of latest happenings from Naija and beyond. They Lack Objectivity in the first place by threading that path.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by otukpo(f): 8:34am On Dec 02, 2009
Good for all of us.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by FBS: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2009
It's about time.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by Kx: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2009
Who cares about punch newspaper anyway.

angry
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by mrperfect(m): 10:44am On Dec 02, 2009
abeg make una no too vex
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by mygladness: 10:50am On Dec 02, 2009
Punch has records of insensitivity and misbehaviour as a business entity. There was a time they became a pain in the neck for vendor with the rejection of unsold copies. Also was a time when when they were giving advertisers hassles because of their popularity. I think they should just watch it and be careful with the way they come up with policies so that they don't run themself out of business through their folly. No newspaper is too big to collapse - Daily Times is a classical example
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by yawatide(f): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2009
hhhhhhaaa, mygladness. You are bringing back sweet memories tongue
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by Matinho: 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2009
idiots! Imagine how many customers they must have lost. It makes no sense asking people to pay to read the news, sheer stupidity.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by lannre(m): 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2009
I said it then that it wont last. was thinking they can absorb the lost for a year.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by Blow(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2009
They might have learnt a bitter lesson.
They punched themselves in the face by their earlier action.
Sometimes Management fails in managing perceived success.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by gamesb: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2009
them 4 wait , we 4 no read their paper again
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2009
they've learned their lesson, i'm sure. grin
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by BeBlessed2: 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2009
Thanks to NL and the punch 4 releasing the online newspaper. Punch is best news-on-line caster if they ask me  to name one out of all, i will say it is  punch. I normal go to their site 2 read their headline but it pains me a lot if i found it different 2 open.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by deb(m): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2009
Satan has stopped deceiving punch website. Thank God. sigh of relief
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by pacodas: 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2009
When I first Notice their subscription experiment, I laughed at the lack of insight. Sure they are back to their senses
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
punch, bunch! grin
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by OmoNaijaUK(m): 9:37pm On Dec 02, 2009
I had posted it earlier that Satan was decieving Punch newspaper if they think I, Omo Naija, UK will spend my kobo or penny to read lies (e.g Yaradua sleep today, Yaradua did not sleep yesterday Audoaaka slaps Ribadu etc. all nonsense). I read MSN, yahoo news, BBC, etc free.

However, it is nice to read that Satan has finally departed from them but they should realise that they are group of failures because no company would do that here in UK without a proper feasibility studies or opinion polls.

OMo Naija, UK
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by blackweaver(m): 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2009
there was even this stupid thing that they would do in the newspapers where they would tell customers to go online
for more details so u can imagine, after paying N150 for a news paper i will now go online to get the rest of the story,
the only problem is that i have to be subscribed to be able to see those details - pure 419 if you ask me
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by kayality: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2009
Punch general manager, don't have good adviser that is why
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by deor03(m): 10:06am On Dec 03, 2009
blackweaver:

there was even this stupid thing that they would do in the newspapers where they would tell customers to go online
for more details so u can imagine, after paying N150 for a news paper i will now go online to get the rest of the story,
the only problem is that i have to be subscribed to be able to see those details - pure 419 if you ask me

Really, The guys were jokers.

I stopped buying punch hard copy when that rubbish started. Next.com has taken over the soft spot i had for them. I will probably start checking punch 1st quarter next year.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by Kelvinj(m): 10:06am On Dec 03, 2009
the marketin personel dat brought that idea should be fired
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by bayourgold: 10:19am On Dec 03, 2009
fine! they should also make the hard copy free too or reduce their price!
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2009
good for them. they should've punched themselves into internet oblivion! grin
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by ay0dus0te(m): 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2009
sales pattern in prints is quite different on the internet, you can't successfully sell news directly online where your target readers can get same in million places. (ask cnn) which reminds me "how does seun makes money on nairaland ? grin" maybe i should post this,
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by abhosts(m): 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
ay0dus0te:

sales pattern in prints is quite different on the internet, you can't successfully sell news directly online where your target readers can get same in million places online ask cnn which reminds me "how does seun makes money on nairaland ? grin" maybe i should post this,

Google Adsense.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by 2raya: 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2009
I don't know if there is nothing like feasibility study in their encyclopaedia,wonder why in this age where every information on the internet is becoming more competitive,they now feel they can feed on us.something is definitely wrong with them
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by dammizz(m): 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2009
Well, its good they finally wake back up to their senses.
Truth be told I missed them when they started to hoard their news o, u knw noone has bad news like The Punch wink.Saturday and Sunday Punch confirms my viewpoint.
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by mambenanje(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2009
Guys stop yabbing them naaaoohhhh, they have learnt from their mistake. we all learn as time goes on. but the best make mistakes and correct them. thats where I say they are doing good.
I am sorry for Rupert Mudock who is trying to do thesame with his news websites. putting them on subscription so that Google will not index it.
he too will learn like Punch lol
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2009
muddy business! grin
Re: Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? by legba1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2009
Dont see what punch management did as being that bad.they've only try to explore an avenue to make money.and for your information the whole idea was not a failure,just exploring another business strategy.The fact that u bunch dont subscribe never meant no one else did.and mind you,am sure the team are better off than those dundee that never ventured nothing.moreover,such business will not thrive only in nigeria where most of you visit cyber-cafe to browse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Hacking Team / What Is The Difference Between Web Design And Web Development? / At What Naira Exchange Rate Does Adsense Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.