Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,107 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:02 AM

Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 (21479 Views)

New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta / Buchi Emecheta, Exit Of A Rock Of Feminism / 9 Memorable And Inspiring Quotes From Buchi Emecheta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 26, 2017
bobbybrown007:
Please next time don't say Nigerians mourn again, I don't even no her self. Where was she when I was going true stress, bia abeg nah only people way no her dae mourn abeg I no dae.

hmm... I guess you didn't school here,if not you would have read one her books

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Ugoeze2016: 7:02am On Jan 26, 2017
grin grin
naijafire:
Nigerians mourn.... Since 2016...
undecided

RIP... Ma
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 26, 2017
Good night ma.
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by stunningjudy(f): 7:04am On Jan 26, 2017
skillful01:
sleep well.

joys of motherhood was a hit back to back.

Aswear it was epic! Nnu Ego and her chi smiley
R.I.P ma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by RZArecta(m): 7:04am On Jan 26, 2017
One of Africa's great literary icons, RIP madam
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Collins0609(m): 7:06am On Jan 26, 2017
The first lady that made me see all that women pass through to train their children and d neglect they face after all d suffering,
a true icon,d real model,may you peacefully in d lords bossom

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by chuose2: 7:07am On Jan 26, 2017
The only person Nija wan sabi now na Pharaoh.

Exodus 5:1
Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by 99foxxy(f): 7:08am On Jan 26, 2017
Rip ma.
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by LordOfNaira: 7:08am On Jan 26, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
RIP grear author...I remember Joy of Womanhood...a great read

It is "The Joys of Motherhood"

Rest in peace, Buchi Emecheta. I remembered reading The Joys at a very young age. I enjoyed it. Farewell, ma.
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by gustav25: 7:09am On Jan 26, 2017
nne la n'do....chaii

really loved her literary works especially joys of motherhood(actually tears of motherhood)

people might not know you but those who knew you through your books would appreciate the fact that your writing skill is powerful .

RIP

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by maggilove(f): 7:09am On Jan 26, 2017
Wristler:
I read her "Second class citizen" and then, I thought it was her life story
yes, u are right.
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by prestigiouslady: 7:12am On Jan 26, 2017
RIP...I love her novels especially second class citizen
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by slap1(m): 7:15am On Jan 26, 2017
RIP.

OP edit your post. "Efuru" was written by the late Flora Nwapa, not Buchi Emecheta.

cc: Ofoegbus

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Kaycee7(m): 7:23am On Jan 26, 2017
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by darkid1(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2017
RIP, always wanted to see the face behind Joys of motherhood
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by mumels(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2017
How come Nigeria mourns. I no even know the woman sef
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by LordOfNaira: 7:29am On Jan 26, 2017
udemzy101:

Don't mind the guy. He is just not a reader of African literature. I spent my teenage years in London and yet have read a lot of African literature, including two books from Buchi Emecheta.
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Okeikpu(m): 7:29am On Jan 26, 2017
deb303:
.RIP to one of the notable literal heroine... my best book.... second class citizen.. where are all the English student
Naughty gal how r you
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by jayAjoku(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2017
what a great woman she has finished well. .. i read joys of motherhood and it was indeed a classic ...
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by bobbybrown007: 7:39am On Jan 26, 2017
udemzy101:

sorry please I don't read novels it is just a waste of time to me
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Slimszy: 7:39am On Jan 26, 2017
Rest in peace Mama... JOY OF MOTHERHOOD still fresh in my memory
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Slimszy: 7:41am On Jan 26, 2017
mumels:
How come Nigeria mourns. I no even know the woman sef
Because you dont read or prolly u are not a versatile reader

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by alfredo4u(m): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2017
bobbybrown007:
Please next time don't say abetrians mourn again, I don't even no her self. Where was she when I was going true stress, bia abeg nah only people way no her dae mourn abeg I no dae.

All this millennium children....how will you know her......are u sure you are a student at all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by CowHard: 7:45am On Jan 26, 2017
Ofoegbus:
Sad news as One of Nigerias iconic literary figure Buchi Emecheta passes away on Wednesday, 25th day of January 2016 at the age of 72 in London.

Emecheta who was born in Lagos on 21 July 1944 published more than 20 books throughout her career with her notable literary works on Second class citizen, Joy of Motherhood, Efuru and The Bride Price

At this point, I have to say is RIP

Source
http://www.askngn.com/buchi-emecheta-dies-nigerians-mourn/

"Nigerians mourns" wrong English.

It should be "Nigerians mourn "
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by bobbybrown007: 7:45am On Jan 26, 2017
alfredo4u:

All this millennium children....how will you know her......are u sure you are a student at all?
woll up, who is a child here, say nah by force to no her ni? As you read her book now where you dae for life now?
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Aburi001: 7:45am On Jan 26, 2017
Daniel058:

So he died last year according to the OP??

I want to die after my 75 birthday, so help me God..
Did you say HE instead of SHE?

Correct yourself before correcting others

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by bobbybrown007: 7:47am On Jan 26, 2017
cowardSeun:

"Nigerians mourns" wrong English.

It should be "Nigerians mourn "
out of my broken english nah only dat one you see to pick shame, say dem get correction for pidgin?
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2017
RIP TO HER. A RARE ICON
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by sleepyeyez(m): 7:51am On Jan 26, 2017
Madam, Thanks for your valuable contribution jare.
She comes from a time when u couldn't count the number of renowned writers of nigerian origin, especially from the south-east zone. How many can we boast of today as these icons gradually disappear? Wts d focus of society today? We have girls today who see reading as a tedious task, talk less writing. But you also have to ask , have they been groomed to develop such skills? Wts d government even doing to bring to life, the country's near comatose education sector? Nigeria really in a sorry state.
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by bobbybrown007: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2017
LordofNairaland:

Don't mind the guy. He is just not a reader of African literature. I spent my teenage years in London and yet have read a lot of African literature, including two books from Buchi Emecheta.
well sha dats good for you, there is always a saying that goes, if you have a girl friend you don't just bring her to your house you take her to a friends house. That is what you just did, why not carry it down here you will see that reading them is just wasting of time, you won't even have time to read it because you will be thinking of so many thing in ur head
Re: Nigerians Mourns As Buchi Emecheta Dies At 72 by olatundemustafa(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2017
Wristler:
I read her "Second class citizen" and then, I thought it was her life story

Yeah but I think "Head Above Water" was more of her biography.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Sweet And Lovely House Boy (part 3) / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) / "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.