Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,865 members, 7,806,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] (1363 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A20 Vs Infinix S4 Comparison: This Fight Has A Clear Winner / Issue With My New Infinix S4(Please Help) / The Infinix Spring Media Launch Of The Hot S4 In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by Whizpeter(m): 9:44am On Jan 26, 2017
Guys please I'm so confused right now...

My Samsung s4 has suddenly developed one funny issue that I can't comprehend...

Yesterday I had a low battery and went to charge with a guy's gen, suddenly it stopped charging and I thought it was a problem with the extension box...

I tried several points on the box and same story, I tried another substandard charger and the phone charged... So I suspected that the charger was the culprit, probably it was fried...

PS: My charger is OEM [Follow Come] Microsoft Charger...

So off I went to the market same yesterday to get a new charger..

I tried a OEM Samsung charger with adaptive fast charging, but the phone didn't charge... Afraid started to catch me ooo...
I tried a playbook charger, same story...
I checked new age 2.1a charger with dual output [Both 2 and 3 pin] and none of them charged the phone...

I later concluded that it could be my charging port...

I got home at night with a flat battery and tried to charge with my laptop and voila, my phone started charging...

I tried charging with my brother's ZTE charger and it charged too...

I'm damn confused now.. Why did those chargers I got in the market refuse to charge it and why is it charging suddenly at home...

Someone please come explain this to me...

Greenhulk, phoneplanet, naijatechguy, femi4, abeg make una come help una boy ooo...

UPDATE: I took the phone to an engineer and told him to just find a solution to the phone...

He examined the charging flex and port and told me that things are fine.. The culprit have been the chargers...

So he gave me another Samsung charger, the big 2.2a charger that comes with Samsung tabs.. Have been using it since on Monday and so far so good, it has been a jolly good ride.. Phone charges faster now sef...

Thanks guys for coming to my aid... I appreciate you all...!
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by femi4: 9:47am On Jan 26, 2017
Whizpeter:

Yesterday I had a low battery and went to charge with a guy's gen, suddenly it stopped charging and I thought it was a problem with the extension box...

I tried several points on the box and same story, I tried another substandard charger and the phone charged... So I suspected that the charger was the culprit, probably it was fried...

I tried a OEM Samsung charger with adaptive fast charging, but the phone didn't charge... Afraid started to catch me ooo...
I checked new age 2.1a charger with dual output [Both 2 and 3 pin] and none of them charged the phone...

I got home at night with a flat battery and tried to charge with my laptop and voila, my phone started charging...

I'm damn confused now.. Why did those chargers I got in the market refuse to charge it and why is it charging suddenly at home...

Greenhulk, phoneplanet, naijatechguy, femi4, abeg make una come help una boy ooo...
Stick to one charger. Using this charger and that charger do damage the charging port and make them selective.
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by Whizpeter(m): 9:50am On Jan 26, 2017
femi4:
Stick to one charger. Using this charger and that charger do damage the charging port and make them selective.

I've been using the Microsoft charger since I got the phone and I went in search of it yesterday but didn't see it...

Why would my laptop and a ZTE charger charge it while other top quality chargers refused to...? That's my confusion...
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by femi4: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2017
Whizpeter:

I've been using the Microsoft charger since I got the phone and I went in search of it yesterday but didn't see it...

Why would my laptop and a ZTE charger charge it while other top quality chargers refused to...? That's my confusion...
Its your charging port not the charging source. The pins are not perfectly aligned.
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by Whizpeter(m): 10:03am On Jan 26, 2017
femi4:
Its your charging port not the charging source. The pins are not perfectly aligned.

And one Engineer told me it's charging IC... undecided

Do I change the charging port?
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by femi4: 10:09am On Jan 26, 2017
Whizpeter:

And one Engineer told me it's charging IC... undecided

Do I change the charging port?
If its charging IC, it wont hold charges for long. You can change or re work the charging port
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by Whizpeter(m): 11:29am On Jan 26, 2017
femi4:
If its charging IC, it wont hold charges for long. You can change or re work the charging port

Thank you... I'd do that at my spare time...
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by PhonePlanet(m): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
Whizpeter:

your story is very funny. well i have not experienced anything similar. probably the chargers you used in the market where fake. you should probably convince your brother to continue using his charger while you'll buy a new one for him. that's if you're sure his charger actually works for it. then also probably the voltage(current) of the electricity you used in the market is lower than that at home. sometimes when current is low, my phone brings up "phone charging slow" notification with my original charger, a notification it brings out when i use a fake charger then what else....... these are possible problems sha.
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by Whizpeter(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2017
PhonePlanet:

your story is very funny. well i have not experienced anything similar. probably the chargers you used in the market where fake. you should probably convince your brother to continue using his charger while you'll buy a new one for him. that's if you're sure his charger actually works for it. then also probably the voltage(current) of the electricity you used in the market is lower than that at home. sometimes when current is low, my phone brings up "phone charging slow" notification with my original charger, a notification it brings out when i use a fake charger then what else....... these are possible problems sha.

I don't trust his charger jare...

I thought of it being a power source issue, but I tried four different shops with four different power sources... And they all can't be fake at the same time because it's a phone plaza and the selected shops I went to are tested and trusted... I've patronized them severally...

And let's not forget that this issue started after my Microsoft charger got fried while charging... I'm having this feeling that the prob is related to the burnt charger... Cos I never experienced something like this prior to yesterday...

Maybe the electric surge affected the port too... I don't know, I'm just confused...
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by tipwill(m): 11:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
the engineer is right. it is your charging/usb panel. mine started that way until i had to replace it.
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by Whizpeter(m): 6:49am On Jan 27, 2017
tipwill:
the engineer is right. it is your charging/usb panel. mine started that way until i had to replace it.

You've successfully confused me totally....

I tried Infinix fast charger early this morning and it charged it but not without an issue... The phone charges for 5mins and then stops charging only for it to continue charging immediately!

I'm scared of changing one thing and find out that I changed the wrong component...
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by dustmalik: 7:22am On Jan 27, 2017
Whizpeter:

You've successfully confused me totally....

I tried Infinix fast charger early this morning and it charged it but not without an issue... The phone charges for 5mins and then stops charging only for it to continue charging immediately!

I'm scared of changing one thing and find out that I changed the wrong component...
It's the charging port. Just stick to one charger that charges it without any issue, and you will have nothing to worry about.
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by tipwill(m): 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2017
don't worry, if it is what i said, it will stop working after a while and you will be left with no choice than to change it.
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by J4parry(m): 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
Try changing the USB/Dock panel to confirm your suspicion. I had a similar problem back then when I owned one, the problem started when I plugged the phone to charge overnight, I woke up and discovered it was changing from docking for music to charging by itself whenever a charger is plugged or when connected to PC. I got a new charging/dock panel fixed and that solved the problem.
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by Whizpeter(m): 11:43pm On Jan 27, 2017
dustmalik:

It's the charging port. Just stick to one charger that charges it without any issue, and you will have nothing to worry about.

Gracias, I'm heading to the market tomorrow... I'm gonna take my USB cord that charges the phone and see if it works with any of the chargers there... If so, I'm taking the charger home... If not, I'm taking it to an engineer....!
Re: Issue With My Samsung S4 [FIXED] by Whizpeter(m): 12:23am On Feb 02, 2017
UPDATE: I took the phone to an engineer and told him to just find a solution to the phone...

He examined the charging flex and port and told me that things are fine.. The culprit have been the chargers...

So he gave me another Samsung charger, the big 2.2a charger that comes with Samsung tabs.. Have been using it since on Monday and so far so good, it has been a jolly good ride.. Phone charges faster now sef...

Thanks guys for coming to my aid... I appreciate you all...!

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Phone / Nairaland Applications / All Kinds Of Apple Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.