Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,244 members, 7,780,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:25 PM

EPL Goal Of The Week 14! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Goal Of The Week 14! (1946 Views)

Poll: Who takes the cake?

Drogba: 60% (3 votes)
Bowyer: 20% (1 vote)
Drogba: 0% (0 votes)
Giggs: 20% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Iheanacho Is A Manchester City Star In Waiting - Goal.com. Scores Hat-trick. / Quick facts About EPL Goal Scorers / EPL Goal Of The Week 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by FBS: 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2009
Ok, lads and ladies, I've had this idea in my head for a long time - Every Monday after a league match we post (at least 5) videos of the best goals in the EPL and we get to analyse and pick a winner. A very simple task innit? wink

Lovers of other leagues should not feel aggrieved for I shall also create (you can do same if you wish) a different thread for them but honestly I will need your help. Post your videos (Not more than 5) and we will also pick a winner.

Even if you have nothing to contribute, you can at least enjoy the clips. (by the way, the commentaries are off the shizzel!!!
Enjoy!

Didier Drogba
[flash=400,300]http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/z2ofcLbQGflfzZSsRnZl/mov/1[/flash]

Lee Bowyer
(Use this Link for better viewing)

[flash=400,328]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Gstrg4mGo[/flash]

Didier Drogba
[flash=400,300]http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/zinHTeE4viur5J3pVyJd/mov/1[/flash]

Ryan Giggs: (1:40)
[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdfiCRJfVh4[/flash]
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by Seun(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2009
Moved to EPL section
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by Sauron1: 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2009
FBS:

Ok, lads and ladies, I've had this idea in my head for a long time - Every Monday after a league match we post (at least 5) videos of the best goals in the EPL and we get to analyse and pick a winner. A very simple task innit? wink

GIGGSY's goal was better than Drogba's freekick.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by tkb417(m): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
I prefer Drogbas goal to Giggs but my goal of the week is Lee Bowyers curvy goal

the goal is a marvel
thts ma pick
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by FBS: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

GIGGSY's goal was better than Drogba's freekick.
I was in the process of editing the original post when the spam bot struck.
Gigg's goal defo will be included in the poll.

The video is up!

@ALL,
One more video is needed.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by Emperoh(m): 8:49am On Dec 02, 2009
tkb417:

I prefer Drogbas goal to Giggs but my goal of the week is Lee Bowyers curvy goal

the goal is a marvel
thts ma pick

I agree with you on Lee Bowyer but i think Giggs's freekick was better than Drogs
Drogba jabbed the ball thru the opening in the defence wall. . .Giggsy bended his ball beside the wall into the net!!
How about that?
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by FBS: 8:58am On Dec 02, 2009
It is easy to find that opening in the wall? That is class.

Either way, his first goal is my pick. . .a kinda no-look pass-side-footed-goal! or do I describe it?  cheesy

Poll is up!
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by Sauron1: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2009
FBS:

It is easy to find that opening in the wall? That is class.
Either way, his first goal is my pick. . .a kinda no-look pass-side-footed-goal! or do I describe it?  cheesy

Giggsy's goal was def'ly better than Drogba's.
Look at how Giggsy bent the ball around Pompey's wall to score. . . . .compared to Drogba's goal where the wall was defending nothing.
Pause the video at 0.51 secs and see how poorly Almunia arranged the defensive wall.
Drogba didn't have to bend the ball and he still found space to take the ball across Arsenal's jericho wall.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 02, 2009
Sauron,
also add to the fact that Almunia took two steps to his right just before the kick was taken,only for the kick to be placed to his left,making it more of a goalkeeping error.
Not taking away from Drog's kick,but Giggs technique in bending the ball around the Pompey wall shades it for me.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by Sauron1: 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,
also add to the fact that Almunia took two steps to his right just before the kick was taken,only for the kick to be placed to his left,making it more of a goalkeeping error.
Not taking away from Drog's kick,but Giggs technique in bending the ball around the Pompey wall shades it for me.

Letz hope FBS takes note of that. cheesy grin
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by FBS: 1:52pm On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Letz hope FBS takes note of that. cheesy grin
Nah I no go gree.  cheesy Finding a hole in the wall is no easy task. The ball went in with such velocity that Vanilla Ice would've done nada about it.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by Sauron1: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2009
FBS:

Nah I no go gree. cheesy Finding a hole in the wall is no easy task. The ball went in with such velocity that Vanilla Ice would've done nada about it.

Watch that clip again.
The ball didn't go through any hole. . . . .It flew over Carvalho's head.
Pause the clip in 0.51 secs. U will see Arsenal's wall was not protecting anything.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by FBS: 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Watch that clip again.
The ball didn't go through any hole. . . . .It flew over Carvalho's head.
Pause the clip in 0.51 secs. U will see Arsenal's wall was not protecting anything.
It wasn't over Ricky's head. He actually left AA23 the moment the ball was played. Pause at 0:45 and you will see. AA was the one standing there.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by edoyad(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2009
Uhm ! Not really in a position to talk since weekend aint over. For me it has to be between Tevez's curled free kick and Ramsey's well worked goal undecided
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by kaypumpin2(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2009
edoyad:

Uhm ! Not really in a position to talk since weekend aint over. For me it has to be between Tevez's curled free kick and Ramsey's well worked goal  undecided
Ed,try search for Milijas(Wolves) goal against Bolton.It's a 30-yard beauty of a goal.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by yousouph(m): 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2009
Maynor Figueroa's (Wigan) goal against Stoke city is a sure contender for next week poll
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by edoyad(m): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2009
Nna men, Chelsea's first goal executed by Drogba wasn't too bad, can't wait to see tomorrow's match.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by FBS: 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2009
Anyone got videos from the last fixtures? AA23's goal was quite nice.
Re: EPL Goal Of The Week 14! by FBS: 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2009
For this week (i.e this past weekend)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-366256.0.html

(1) (Reply)

The Champions Laegue Last 16 Draw Result / Liverpool (2) Versus Hull City (2) Saturday 13th December / Bayern Munich Vs Tsg Hoffenheim (7 - 1) On March 10th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.