Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! (4201 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / Check Out Throwback Pix Of Nigeria Airways, Lagos To New York For Less Than N18K / Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by jerseyguy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
My first trip trip to the USA was aboard the famed DC10 of Nigeria airways, and I beamed with joy and pride this morning as Arik's first flight from Lagos to New York (JFK) touched down safely few hours ago!!!!

And now we watch as the air fares from the USA to Lagos are reduced (I doubt if BA will reduce by much, but their load will surely go down). Delta, now Arik and United in 2010.

Can we say Lagos "straight"?

Congrats to Arik and truly hope the management continues to execute very well and make this successful!
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by snowdrops(m): 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2009
I wonder who the owner of Arik airline is.
People rumour its Odili/OBJ.
In that case, clearly is a celebration of corruption
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Parohfrey(f): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2009
^^^Another big lie. Beafing as usual.

What has the owner got to do with services and success.

For your information, the owner of ARIK is Sir J.I.A Arumemi-Johnson, who also owns Rockson Engineering.
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by snowdrops(m): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
Paroh_frey:

^^^Another big lie. Beafing as usual.

What has the owner got to do with services and success.

For your information, the owner of ARIK is Sir J.I.A Arumemi-Johnson, who also owns Rockson Engineering.
There is a massive difference between owning and managing
I can reliably tell you Arumemi is not the owner of Arik air. Dont argue with me or quote newspaper sources.
I knew what i was saying when posing the question.
So get your facts right before blowing hot here lady
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by MrCrackles(m): 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2009
snowdrops:

I can reliably tell you Arumemi is not the owner of Arik air. Dont argue with me or quote newspaper sources.
Arumeni is a front. . .
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by snowdrops(m): 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2009
And in this case, services is tied to success. If indeed the airline is owned by corrupt politicians, surely it was set up by taxpayers money and it should rightfully be government owned and not by private individuals.
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
From my understand (and a reliable one), Odili owns or partly owns Arik
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Orilee9ice(m): 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2009
I[b] can reliably tell you Arumemi is not the owner of Arik air.[/b] Dont argue with me or quote newspaper sources.

Arumeni is a front. . .

I certainly agree with Snowdrop and Mr Crackles, i have just come back from 9ja, so i am in the know gann gaan like this,  and I DEFINETELY KNOW THOSE WHO OWN ARIK AIR in fact A-R-I-K stands for, anyway let me knot tell u but i can give u clues ,

A & R = a certain short, black, past 9ja leader, not too ashamed to sleep with his D-I- L that we all know about now   i also hear  this fellow has been given the contract to repair the Lagos-Ibadan Express road, using a company to front it,

I & K = a certain 419, credit card buster in the early 80's and 90's who is wanted in jand, and who used to be a gov of an Oil rich state, whom nobody can touch at the moment b'cos the attorney gen of 9ja and the current  sick presido are protecting him

Just like "Oju-yo-bo" is the true owner of the controvesial Sunborn Yault by Onikan fronted by Social Senator, Afikuyomi, and The Oriental Hotel  on The Lekki Road Opp the Palms, u see now, u didnt know that one did u?

Woo, just let me not go there, 
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Orilee9ice(m): 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2009

Hummmmmmmmm yeah right, Odili and Ibori just use him to siphon funds out of the Governemnt in the Delta states, i have so many mags here with me proving that, they have been using him since 2000, can u imagine
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Singular: 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
What type of stupidity is this? ? ? ? ? ?
A Nigerian Airline just landed in New York on its maiden flight and fools here are tellin me that its a bad thing? ? ? ? ?
WHAT THE F?UK ? ?
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Parohfrey(f): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
Instead of Nigerians working up their owns way and looking up to people with success stories, they do nothing but to scandalise the person and in that way, closes their eyes to good deeds that can be applied for their own success, they scandalise and call you names and their own lives just goes down because they cant see the reward of hard work and emulate the same. Pitiable young people.

Imagine if Obama had been Nigerian, they will pull him down, Nigerians themselves will pull him down, saying rubbish and writting rubbish about him, fools.
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Parohfrey(f): 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
Ssingular

You just then wonder how Nigeria will develop!

Isint it a pity?
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by vicade(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2009
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Singular: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2009
Well I doubt if Arik air management will give a damn about their 'opinions'. As long as Nigerians who believe in the ability of Nigeria are alive and kicking we will rise to the top regardless of what 'dem say'.
This company provides employment for Nigerians, a new image apart from 419,  a chance for the people to believe in themselves! But . . then again you can never satisfy everybody!
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Singular: 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2009
Orilee9ice:

be it to you according to your request in JESUS NAME , double amen and amen!!!! B'COS I HAVE MADE IT BIG TIME  and i am comfortable for Life, TO THE GLORY OF GOD, as long as i pay my thiths to God, all things are possible tongue

Bros! Cooli temper. . Back to the topic.
which is
Congratulations to Arik Air on Completing their first flight to New York!!
It provides a cheaper and more decent avenue for us to fly to NYC
(and hopefully soon other parts of our world!)

Apart from that, we need to know how Odili and others relate to Arik Air. You have proof you say? Well it is only thru proof and not random insults or assumptions that human minds are changed. Inform us . . .
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Parohfrey(f): 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
Singular

Great great great congratulations to Arik - he or she who doesnt like them, simply dont ride on their aircrafts.
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Orilee9ice(m): 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
woo o se jare Singular,,,,,,,,THAT GIRL WAS ANNOYING ME , i know what i know i dont need to show u proof, if fact read the comments from that link she posted on here, its common knowledge in 9ja who owns ARIK AIR, it doesnt stop me from flying them cos i fly with the all di time from Jand to 9ja and they do have good planes and have a good service (anything to give BA a run for their money, ) if you have been to 9ja recently, and are current with the happenings in the country, you will know what i mean,

i am not easily provoked o! but tell her, dont try me oh, you know now my Guy!!,  wink cool
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by phuckNL: 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2009
Front or no front, ARIK air is a combination of the owners name. If you have proof that anyone else owns it, then show it. Otherwise, ARIK air is owned by SIR [b]Ar[/b]umeni [b]Ik[/b]hide or something like that.

Na wa with rumour mongers sha. I thought the oriental hotel was chinese. Now una dey talk say na Tinubu get am. Proof please.

Owner or not. Thank God, there is no competition on the US route. I can see european airlines shitting in their pants now because patronage will drop big time. Just wait till United airlines also enters in 2010.
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by Parohfrey(f): 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2009
^^^

Thank you.
Re: Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! by blackspade(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nice! cheesy

(1)

Vacation Trip To Non African Country With 250k / Travel To Russia / Questions About New E-passport Application Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.